Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Killer Inside: A Repo! Roleplay (SevenxGoatse)

Benjamin had felt his mind fading from time to time, his struggling slowing down quite a bit. It seemed as though he was losing consciousness, and that he wasn't going to last much longer. If he wasn't too busy trying to use the last of his strength to throw this man off of him, he would've noticed the other's sudden change... that oddly human look that appeared in his eyes after so long of just looking like some sort of hell born monster.

When he was finally released, Benjamin gasped out loudly, as if he just had his first breath in years. His chest was moving quickly, as he was trying to reclaim all the air that had escaped him. A frantic look was in his eyes, and his lungs stung so much. He knew there would be bruises upon his neck, but he was glad just to be let go. Wiping off a bit of sweat on his forehead, his charcoal eyes looked to Nathan, curious of why he was let go exactly. He was worried that it just meant something worse would follow.

Tentatively, he moved towards the knife, wondering if he would be struck, or if the weapon would abruptly be taken from him. Clutching upon the cold handle, he waited to react. He couldn't see the Repo Man in Nathan's eyes anymore, just the man he had known from so long ago.

He really hoped his salvation wouldn't just be a temporary change in heart.

Why had he done that?

Benjamin didn't deserve this - this wasn't his job, killing people who didn't even owe anything to the company. He shouldn't have even been there, he'd invaded a man's house, attacked him - and he was aware that Benjamin didn't truly stand a chance. While Nathan Wallace was by no means an intimidating man at first sight, his experience and the monster inside of him gave him the strength and the ability to kill Benjamin with incredible ease.

Why had he done that?

A voice answered, soft and urging,

To protect Shilo.

Nathan closed his eyes, and part of him wanted to stick his fingers into his ears like a little kid to see if he could block out Repo, but he knew it was no good; the monster was as much a part of him as his very flesh was, he would never be able to escape. He had been doing the job for too long to ever be able to get away from it.

He opened his eyes again, and he found focus on Ben, who was quaking and bruised, holding a knife and watching him warily - but this time there was no threat from Nathan, not even a small movement. This time he simply watched Benjamin, his face lined with a peculiar weariness, and right then Nathan looked like a kicked animal, too tired and too agonized to bother putting up a fight.

"What the hell is going on?" Benjamin inquired suddenly, still extremely nervous about what was going on. One minute was being attacked, the next this Repo Man had decided to finally stop trying to hurt him. It was so bizarre to see the man to jump from one stance to another. He also was worried that Nathan would jump back to being an insane murderer, after all, he had done nothing to provoke this sudden change, at least to his knowledge. So what meant that Nathan couldn't just change back to that insane persona? Ben didn't like the idea that such a thing could happen though.

He was just mostly unsure of what to expect. He knew if he would attack, it would provoke another assault, but if he didn't, he might be killed anyways. He didn't like how difficult this was becoming, what kind of mind games would have to be involved just to make sure he wasn't prematurely murdered. "Look, what do you want from me? I have nothing here of importance. I know I saw your face, but who the hell would I want to tell anyways? How many people would even believe me if I had told?" Desperately holding onto the knife, his knuckles were growing white from his vice grip. No matter what though, he refused to drop his weapon.

Nathan continued to watch Benjamin, his expression a terrible one; it was clear there was some sort of war waging inside of the man, and he was struggling between two very different aspects of himself. One told him to finish what he'd started - even though Benjamin was armed now, Repo was confident it wouldn't be much of a fight, scared people did stupid things, after all. The other was Nathan Wallace, who really didn't want anyone to die - he just wanted his daughter to lead a happy life.

But where the two converged was on the agreement that Shilo being happy meant not knowing the one person in her life, her father, killed people to ensure her safety. If she found out about him being a Repo Man, then other realizations would follow, and other questions would arise, the idea of which terrified him.

Nathan didn't answer Benjamin, but sat back against a cabinet, looking worn out,

"You left GeneCo for ethical reasons," he said, and it wasn't phrased as a question, just a statement. His hand strayed and he picked up his discarded mask, looking at it for a long moment before closing his eyes, "Do you ever wonder what would have happened to you if you'd stayed?"

"I'd be much better off in terms of wealth." He spoke softly, unsure of if this conversation was a distraction or not. He was sure that the moment he got caught up in talking, Nathan would slit his throat this time around. "Not morals." He added, moving away a bit further, obviously not investing too much trust into his former colleague. "I try not to think about it. I know I would've been able to just finish my payments, but it wouldn't be worth sacrificing everything.. The reason I became a doctor was to help people, not give them false hope that would be snatched from them the moment they couldn't make a payment."

Running a hand through his hair, he sighed a bit, "You obviously didn't." Benjamin should've been more careful with what he was saying, but apparently he just wasn't thinking. "I guess we just have different morals then, don't we?" Making eye contact for a few moments, he was trying to see what was going on in the doctor's head, trying to figure out what he could be thinking right now. "You're killing me because I know who you are... You come in here and try to choke me to death... You could damage GeneCo's merchandise if you do that." It wasn't too big of a threat, but it was the only card he had.

"So Nathan..." He spoke softly, looking upon the damages of his home. It was minimum, but it was obvious there was a struggle, his body ached as well. "So... Are you going to kill me, or not? Am I even talking to Nathan now, or this the Repo Man who's obviously fond of hitting me with blunt objects?"

There was no argument from Nathan there, not even a look of mild hurt,

"Yes, we do." he agreed, his eyes shifting away from Ben; there was no denying what he had become over the years - he had sacrificed his morals and ethics, and he had definitely broken the hyppocratic oath a few hundred times. He knew there was nothing that would ever allow him to repent for his sins, and his only saving grace was that everything he had done up until then had been legal.

But strangling Ben to death couldn't be justified.

He grabbed the top of the counter then, forcing himself onto his feet, staggering briefly and suddenly feeling old; he took in a breath,

"Right now, I'm Nathan," he said, and there was the underlying promise that, at any moment, he could switch if he so desired, "I don't want you dead, Benjamin, I don't want anyone dead. I do my job because I have to, but - this wasn't part of the job, this was personal, and there's no way to apologize for that. But what you need to understand is that what - who - I am, no one can know."

He finally met eyes with him again, and his voice was weary, and though there was little enthusiasm behind it, he said:

"And if anyone finds out, if you tell anyone - I will have to kill you."

And then he headed for the door.

"Why not?" He suddenly inquired, surprised by his own prying and curiosity. "Why can't anyone know? What the hell has happened to you Nathan?" His voice now was of a concerned friend, not exactly a close friend, but concern nonetheless. Hell, he didn't even know why he was asking, considering just knowing the man's face was apparently enough to almost earn a strangling. Though, that's what he got for acting with impulse, instead of common sense. "I ask because people don't go in the field of medicine for just money, there's a reason behind it. In most cases, it's the need to help people, in others, it's because they love to see how the human body works."

"But Nathan, I can tell you're not one of those doctors, you did it because you liked helping people. You had a talent for saving people. You can't suddenly be killing them off because you just feel like it." Standing up as well, he felt a sharp pain run along his spine, his reaction was to wince a bit. "I wouldn't tell anyone, like I said, I have no one to tell. You.. You killed my only friend, anyways." Moving to actually stop Nathan from leaving, he was making some of the worst decisions of his life. For some reason, he actually bothered to stop the man who was just trying to strangle him moments ago. Apparently his curiosity was getting the better of him.

Nathan froze in the doorway, his shoulders hunching; he felt his throat restrict from what Benjamin was saying, a brief, choking sadness striking him before he shoved it away. Being emotionally involved in his job wasn't an option, he had learned that quickly - after all, there was no reasoning with a person if you were about to tear their intestines out.

He struggled for something to say to Benjamin then, some part of him feeling as though the other man deserved an explanation, while the rest of him said it was a terrible idea - he shouldn't have even been there.

"People change," Nathan said finally, "I don't save people anymore, I do just the opposite, you saw that. Do yourself a favour and get away from this city."

Whenever he dared to think about it, he wished that he had taken Marni away somewhere; gone to another city with her - he wondered if she still would have gotten sick if they'd moved. He wondered if she'd still be alive, if he'd just done something differently - to that day, he still didn't know what he had done to her, how he had -

- killed her.

"I can't get out of here." He simply replied, laughing bitterly, "I don't have the money for it." That seemed like a simple enough explanation, "Well, since I'm making you share with me... I ought to tell you that I'm starting my own surgery business." He left it at that, though. Running your own business wasn't illegal, or hardly a threat to GeneCo, so he wouldn't get in trouble for that. He just didn't want to mention his purchases of street Zydrate, knowing that was illegal. He might have been stupid for trying to pursue a conversation, but Benjamin wasn't stupid in everything.

"Why are you working for Rotti? Do you like him or something? Did he cut you some kind of deal?" Bitterly scoffing, he spoke, "The only deal Mr. Largo cut with me is raising my bill mysteriously." He wished he smoked now, at least for the sake of giving himself something to do, it would make him look more nonchalant, and not so nervous. Even if he was trying to continue this conversation, he was trying to be careful enough to not step on any nerves, or upset Nathan in any way shape or form.

"Where do you have to go tonight?"

He inquired suddenly... perhaps asking the other to stay out of morbid curiosity. Well, might as well get to know your own future murderer.

Nathan turned then, enough that Ben would get a profile view of the surgeon and his grim expression; his eyes moved to the other man, and the Repo Man inside of him questioned if this guy was real. Repo had nearly killed him, and there he was, trying to make casual conversation. This was a bizarre situation; most people would want more than anything for him to just leave.

"I signed a contract." Nathan said, but neglected to mention what the consequences of breaking said contract would be; there were some details that he couldn't bring himself to talk about, even after seventeen years of dealing with the reality.

"It's a legal obligation."

And if he didn't follow through, Shiloh would find out what really happened to her mother.

"How does your wife feel about this? I know you got married Nathan, there's no way in hell she could be fine with this." If only Benjamin had known the full story behind such a thing, he would've never asked a question like that. As if it wasn't enough that he was trying to have a casual conversation, now he was prying into the man's life. He should've just let Nathan go, he wouldn't be digging himself into this mess if he had.

He eventually moved to start picking up the silverware upon the floor, glancing to Nathan every few moments. The dark eyed man didn't feel the need to leave himself vulnerable to being kicked in the ribs. He at least wanted to keep an eye on the other male. "Just because you signed a contract, doesn't mean you can't run from it." When he was sitting back up to put the drawer in it's place, he had winced in pain. The stinging sensation in his back made it's self known once more, perhaps trying to warn him to just let Nathan leave.

Nathan just wanted to pretend the night had never happened; he wanted to go home, he wanted to see Shilo and know she was alright, know she was safe and secure in her bed, he wanted to go to his own room and sleep away the anger and the exhaustion and just move on. He could keep doing the job, he could continue being a Repo Man for however long it took, just as long as his baby was safe.

But then Ben said something, and the words hit Nathan like a lead pipe, hard enough that he staggered back against the door frame, and he lowered his head, his eyes on the floor,

"Marni is dead." he said, "She's been dead seventeen years."

He forced himself to say the words.

"What she would have thought is irrelevant now."

"That's a shame." He replied simply, lacking any form of emotion in his words. It seemed as though it hardly phased him. Well, it shouldn't have anyways, considering he never knew her too well, nor did he know much about Nathan either. "So you think she's dead in spirit too?" He simply inquired, his question hardly holding any conviction to it. "You're one of the few people I know who think that. Most I know who have dead friends and family like to think they're still with them. Why are you so phased when you just simply think she's gone and never coming back? It's not like she would even know what you do in your spare time."

Ben obviously was presenting some more harsh reality to the man's table. He didn't seem to realize it though, he was just speaking his mind. "I just wonder why you had such a moral struggle with killing me if you don't care what she thinks. I'd think you'd care more about what she thinks, than what Rotti thinks."

Even Nathan Wallace would have to admit, he was reconsidering not killing Ben; it must have occurred to the other man, as Nathan stood in his GeneCo issued Repossession uniform, knife in hand, that it was a very poor time to talk philosophically, particularly regarding a subject as touchy as that of his potential killer's late wife. One could conceed that Ben didn't know the extent of the damage that had been left on the man in front of him from Marni's death, or the subsequent tangled web that had been woven around him as a result, but really, the fact Repo wanted him dead should have been enough.

Anyone else would have been very eager to get him out the door; it wasn't every day that a Repo Man spared a life he was intent on taking, regardless of orders.

"I'm a complicated monster." Nathan said finally, a grim sense of humour coming through as he put his mask back on; the light inside glowed blue, and he headed out the door without another word to Ben.

Nathan spent the rest of the night sitting beside Marni's body, quietly begging for her forgiveness.

Benjamin merely smiled, watching the other leave. He wasn't going to chase after him at this point, knowing that Nathan's leave was probably the best thing that would happen to him in a long time. After all, he didn't end up dead on the floor, and he was going to live for awhile longer. He couldn't help but notice though, that his heart was beating extremely fast. It seemed as though the gravity of the situation was just registering with his brain, making him realize how close to death he was. What a lovely sudden jerk to reality!

Eventually he had managed to get some sleep, finally being able to rest somewhat easy. He knew now, that as long as he staid out of Nathan's way, he wouldn't have to die... that is, until he finally couldn't make his payments anymore. He had to push that out of his mind for now though, that wasn't something he could change, so he didn't need to worry about it.

The next day though, he had went back to his familiar warehouse. Cleaning everything out, he wanted to make sure that his next patient would at least not die because the place was contaminated. When he had finished, he figured it was time to pay a visit to that Zydrate peddler. Hopefully he would have some more of that drug he could use.

Walking out into the street, he traveled through the abundance of whores, wondering where that slippery man could be.

People never really found Graverobber when they went in search of him, the man was something of a ghost that way, and if there was a particular night where he didn't want anyone to find him, even if the entire city was looking, he wouldn't be found. So as Ben moved down alleyways and side streets in search of the grungy drug dealer, he would find nothing but strung-out hookers and semi-conscious addicts, along with the occasional nervous-looking Johns who were in search of a different kind of stimulation. If he looked long enough, went far enough in the city, Ben might have even been able to find some other dealer, but the sad truth was that few of them were as easy to get along with as Graverobber - after all, he had long ago learned that the key was to be the addicts friend, not their worst nightmare.

Though, he would need to work on making less startling entrances, because he appeared beside his newest customer as though he had been created out of thin air, and he easily slipped one long arm around Ben's shoulders, half-slouching onto the smaller man, giving him a lopsided smile,

"You came back," Graverobber observed, and his voice was somewhere between surprise and amusement, "Still walking all alone, even - it's not too safe you know, out here by yourself. You should be more careful, I followed you for a block and you didn't notice me. I could have done anything."

Ben looked a bit surprised, and nearly jumped out of his skin. He was growing a bit nervous with hungry eyes looking to him for attention, or some form of pay. He was hoping that they weren't starting to think he was a potential dealer... or an eager prostitute. At least there was some form of stability with Graverobber popping out of no where once more.

"I think getting raped would do me some good... God knows when I last got some." Sadly, he wasn't being sarcastic. His love life was dead, he had too much to worry about now. It had been such a terribly long time since he had the opportunity anyways. All of those people he once knew were long gone, trapped in a different chapter of his life. "Though I guess I could say I came back to see your pretty face." And then the sarcasm was finally back.

"I was wondering if you had any of that sweet lady Zydrate ready for me." Pulling out some money, he waved it around as if he was buying a prostitute. "I hear she doesn't come cheap, but I'm glad you're giving me a deal. I suppose she doesn't hate me too much after all." Raising a brow, he suddenly inquired, "Did you check the garbage next to the warehouse? I'm sure there's still some bodies left in there for you. I'm still keeping up on my end of the deal."

"Also, what do you expect me to do? It's not like I can afford a bodyguard. I already pissed the Repo Man off, so I have that going for me too."

Back
Top Bottom