Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Chaotic Ends ((Alric and Skeith Takahata))

Alric Sanosake

Planetoid
The world of Gias is a world of lost powers and forgotten histories, as more kingdoms grow over the old and surpass them. Off on a small continent, there are two kingdoms, Valia and Gomroth. These two kingdoms are at a shakey truce, war feared at the slightest thing, the lightest spark throwing them all into war. But for treasure hunters, this meant nothing. For two of them would be the finders of the biggest treasure of all...

Raine Sighed as she cleaned the blades od her thick, double-bladed sword. She was examining the map to the supposed treasure, she was still anxious, as they didn't know what was to be there. She moved her long white hair from her face, allowing her crimson eyes to see the map better from the fire light. She was a woman with an ample body, all her jobs and searches keeping it in great health. She was dressed in loose robes so she could be a much more mobile fighter, but you could still see a good bit of her pale skin.

Silent feet rushed across the forest floor toward the camp the human had errected. The faint glow of piercing ice blue eyes could be seen from beneath the dark fabric of her cloak. The young ranger leapt from the forest floor, grabbing a tree branch and flipping into a slightly higher branch. Despite her efforts at stealth a single leaf fell from the tree and descended to the fire. She sighed quietly. Acknowledging silently that she wasn't quite as stealthy as her pure blooded cousins.

In the firelight her patchwork clothing was brought to light. It concealed just enough to be appropriate in cities but also scarce enough to ensure her ability to move swiftly through thick brush and other natural obstacles. "It seems as if there aren't any hostile creatures stirring in the forest tonight." She said, removing her hood to reveal extremely long ice blue hair and slightly pointed ears, the half-elven ranger gazed down upon her human companion, stealing a glance at the map from over her shoulder. "Find any clues?" She asked quietly from her loft.

"Well, I pin pointed it down a great bit, We are heading in the right direction" She sighed softly, "But these symbols on the side are not of any human language..." Raine frowned as she handed the map to her half elf companion, "Perhaps you could read it, I think it may be elven. Though I could be wrong." She smiled to her and examined her friend, such grace and beauty to her.

The young half-elf, Naoki Nailo, took the map from the other and began studying the symbols that her friend had mentioned. "They look very similar to elven writing but... Something's off..." She continued to study the symbols while wondering what other race used elven writing as a base for their own language. "It could be Under Common."

Her gaze shifted swiftly to the bushes surrounding the camp as her ears twitched. Her hand resting loosely on one of her twin scimitars. After a moment a small rabbit emerged from the bush and the Half Elf released a sigh of relief.

"You are certainly the person I want guarding me while I sleep" she smiled and laughed a bit, "And I'm not being sarcastic. I know I'll sleep well with you nearby." Her smiled had more of a warmer feel to it as she looked to Naoki. Raine always enjoy being around and by her. "Should we rest soon?"

Naoki Nailo smiled a bit as a small blush came to her cheeks. She lowered her heand and leaned back against the tree with her legs propped up against the branch. "It would probably be for the best." She said as she studied the surrounding area briefly. "The forest is quiet and it is rather late." Her gaze returned to her companion. "We should take advantage of this sort of down time while we can."

Raine nodded as she slid into the blankets, she knew she was safe with Naoki on guard. She sighed happily as she got relaxed, but her mind still wandered about what to do. Within a day or two, they'd be at their desitination, and they haven't deciphered the language. Raine cleared her mind, she needed rest. She went into a trance and let it all flow out, soon she was out cold.

Naoki leaned back in the tree comfortaly as she watched the other in silence. A small smile marked the half-elf's face as she watched her human companion sleep. Her gaze shifted slightly to the map as her gaze narrowed. If the language was Undercommon, they might be walking into the underdark an if that was the case, they weren't going to be in for an easy battle. She leaned her head back against the tree and looked up through the branches at the stars. It was a beautiful night with clear skies, the silence only broken by the sound of crickets and owls throughout the forest.

After a good amount of hours rested, Raine got up and stretched her yukata starting to slightly part and show off some of her skin. She looked up to Naoki and smiled, "You get rest too, you know you need it." She grabbed her sword and leaned against the tree for her watch.

Naoki looked down at Raine and smiled briefly before she nodded. She dropped from the tree and opened her own traveler's pack and prepared something like a net to sleep in between the branches. Afterward she moved back up the tree to the hammock of sorts before wrapping her cloak tightly around her body. Drifting off into a gentle sleep.

Raine was vilgant about guard duty, but there were times she'd just look up to Noaki and watch her sleep so peacefully. She smiled, 'I'm so grateful we meet..' she thought to herself. Raine probably would be lost without Noaki, so over time, Raine started to adore and admire the half-elf.

Naoki was silent except for momentary hums of contentment. She didn't stir until after about four hours had passed. Her elven blood making her need significantly less sleep than a normal human. her bright blue eyes fluttering open as the morning sun greeted her through the branches. A quiet yawn escaped her lips as she stretched in the hammock.

"Morning beautiful, early to raise with the sun as always" She smiled as she got up and handed her cooked rabbit meat. A rabbit came close and she was able to catch it. "Not much of a breakfast, but the best I can give on short notice." She blushed a bit.

Naoki looked down at her human companion and allowed a small smile to form on her lips. "Morning..." She mumbled tiredly. She gratefully accepted the rabbet meat and began taking small bites from the cooked creature. "No need to be so modest..." She said quietly as she continued to eat. "I love your cooking." She said with a friendly smile.

Raine's smile grew brighter, praise meant so much more from Naoki. She ate herself for the needed energy and then packed quickly, helping Naoki with her's too. Soon they were on the move once more, She occasionally glanced over to her. For some reason she just wanted to hug her, so she did, hoping she wouldn't mind. She looked to her to see if she cared.

Naoki was taken slightly by surprise when the other through her arms around her. Although she wasn't opposed to the action. She returned the hug after a moment, looking at the girl with a bit of a concerned glance. "Are you okay Raine?" She asked genuinely concerned. She wasn't used to being hugged and definately never expected it from Raine.

"Y-yeah.. I'm just.. well...." she let go and walked a bit away before turning around. She looked to her, "I hope you don't look at me with hate or something after I say this.. but... I like you.. alot... more than a woman should to another. Where I'm from its forbidden and frowned upon.. But I like you... alot.." She looked down.

Naoki's gaze softened with concern when the other pulled away from her. Her eyes widened after the human's confession, blushing madly. Naoki took a step back almost overwhelmed by the girl's words. She watched the girl for a moment before she took a couple step forward. "Raine, you were the only person who ever took me in. You know how the world treats my kind. How could I ever hate you. You're all I have." Living her life always traveling, Naoki was far from opossed to her Raine's feelngs, but could never have expected anyone feeling that way for herself, a half-elf.

Raine ran over and hugged her tightly, nuzzling into her, "I love you... I adore you... the world can't see what a beautiful person you are..." She looked up to her and blushed, "Am I being to forward with this?"

Naoki was once again surprised by the forwardness of her human companion. However, she assumed it to be typical human behavior and didn't question it. Her blush deepend regardless. "I... I... Um..." Naoki stumbled over her words unsure of how to properly respond. "Forward... No... Um..." She bit her lip as she looked down at the human who was so tightly wrapped around her body.

"Do you not like me the same way?" She frowned, "I can understand if thats so..." She let got and turned away. "I'm sorry, I'm pushing this all on you.." She started to continue on, in hopes they'd be okay still.

"No wait." Naoki said quietly as the other pulled away. "Raine I... I've never been confronted with anything like this before. Please.... I..." She reached out and took the girl's hand from behind. "Raine, you're all I have. While I can't say for sure... I think I feel the same." Naoki was still new to a lot of this. By Half-Elf aging rate she was little more than a teenager. "If it means anything... I'd like to try to understand these feelings..." The blue haired half-elf said in a small voice.

Raine was bright eyed, "Really!?" he pounced the half-elf to the ground and nuzzled her like a puppy, then came what even she didn't expect. She kissed her straight on the lips, passionately and happily.

Naoki felt her back hit the ground only to find herself straddled by the human. Her eyes flew open wide as their lips met. She didn't respond for a moment, but after a moment of shock she cautiously returned the kiss.

Raine purred into the kiss and then pulled back, looking to her with loving eyes. She nuzzled her neck softly before pawing at the half-elf. Naoki was so gorgeous to her.

Back
Top Bottom