Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Travelling Swordswoman ( SHIBBY+_+ and Chiechan )

A couple of weeks later, Marilyn the soldier was given a few days leave...to take a break from training and maybe find a place to stay while not doing guard duty. She immediately set off for the farm house..wanting so much to see the famiily again.

Leila smiled as she sat on the grass watching her two children play and roll about in the grass. She smiled as they played various games with each other.

Marilyn came up behind the woman silently....with packages in her arms. "Hello Leila....I'm back.." She smiled and waited for the mother and children to see her.

When the children ran up, she would give each of them a present. Some nice toys she had bought at a small shop in Storm Wind.

"Oh hello, I hadn't expected you" she said. Rico was the first to notice. "Marilyn!" he cried out in joy running to her, rucha following behind.

Marilyn smiled and handed the children their toys...and then gave Leila a small box (it just a lovely warm cotton dress - good for colder weather..but also pretty, with a light scent of lavender on it.) "This is for you. I..hope it's your size. " She saws the tabard she wears. "I'm a member of the King's guard now."

Leila looked at her and smiled as the children began to play at once. She looked at the box and said "Thank you". She then heard her comment about being on the kings guard. "Oh wow, you must be pleased" she said.

"Well..yes..Father always wanted to me to become one...since he couldn't have a son to do it. Now I've fulfilled his wishes." She watches the children play. "So everything's been fine...no problems since I left?"

She smiled back. "Good." She was silent for a bit. Then she said. "Stormwind likes their guards to have a home address. Sort of a place we live when we aren't on duty. I was wondering. Would you be willing to take in a paying tennant?" She looked at the woman. "I promise I won't eat the furniture."

"Oh wow, Yes, of course, come inside" she said smiling and inviting her in quickly. She smiled and said "We could make a place for you to sleep.

Marilyn smiled warmly as she came in. Her heart grew warmer...indeed the woman had gotten even more beautiful, since she had last seen her. She knew....it wasn't possible, but being near her was good enough for now. She softly put her things down. "Thank you so much. Can I help with the preparations?"

Leila smiled and said "No, I'll be okay, I'll just get down a futon for you" she said moving up stairs.

When she came down, Marilyn took the linens from her. Then she said. "So...where shall I make my room for now?" She smiled softly.

She nods. and sets herself up there... As the woman leaves she watches her go..sighing happily. She may not have her to love and to hold..but at least she could admire from a distance. When the woman returned she asked "Have you...found anyone special lately?" She asked meekly.

Leila looked at her when she returned and said "No, no one, I have my children, thats all i need" she said smiling.

OOC: Is there any way...I can do something to get them closer together sooner? I've been doing my best for a while now.. ;.;

((I don't know, She;s been attacked twice by some gruff men, don't know if sex is what she wants right now..))

(( Not talking about sex...but at this point...I am wondering if you just want to really continue rping day to day life...and time has passed since the attacks. I don't mean sex...but...well..there's NO hope of romance in this rp. I've been asking you for advice...and I just feel like....you REALLY don't want this thing to happen. If you do, give me an idea of what Marilyn should do next? What should we rp? Montages of Marilyn with the kids? Them doing stuff together? Please let me know. ;.; ))

((Maybe some more time could pass. My character could get used to her more. She'd be more like the family and ten she might start warming to her a bit))

(( Ok...I shall post a bit of a time thing then...again...I'm not rushing into sex...I am a major romance girl... Just wanting some romance... ^_^ ))

Months went by as Marilyn Carry alternated between serving as the King's guard and living with Leila and her song and daughter. She soon gained a reputation throughout the country side as one of the best and strongest warriors in the area. However, few knew where she went when she was on leave.

She always returned to her little farm home, her arms filled with gifts. For her, the greatest gift was seeing the children's faces as she gave them their new gift. She also got to know each of them very well...and became much like an aunt to each of them. Although she was a woman, she could still take the boy fishing, and teach him how to hunt. She couldn't replace his father, and nor would she ever try, but she could still try to make him the man his father would have wanted him to be.

She also spent time with the little girl, reading to her, listening to her stories and taking her horseback riding on her mare.

She always came back in time to do the needed repairs on the barn and the house, and would often help the kids bring their extra produce to the market. She also happily had more time to spend with Leila. They grew to know about one another's family, and Marilyn learned more about Leila's husband and how he had passed away too soon.

For Marilyn - who's only family she had had to leave young - she had finally found a home to belong in.

Leila was happy during the time that Marlyn had been living with them. Her children loved her and she was growing to enjoy her presence and found her self always anticipating her return. She wold shower the children with gifts every time she returned. She acted as a father figure for rico and rucha, even if she was not a man.

After sometime Leila told her of her husbands death. They had been happily married. They both loved each other. It did not take long for Leila to fall pregnant with there first set of children. When Rico and Rucha turned 5, the war began and the King was conscripting young able bodied men into the army to fight. She had begged him not to go, but he insisted that it was his duty to do so.

Two years later, the war ended, but her husband did not return. For two years she had waited and prayed for his return, but the gods had seen fit to take him from her so she was left with her children asking where there father was, as their friends fathers returned home. She explained it to them in gentler terms, but they seemed to understand that their father would not be coming back.

She grieved his death when she found out. She could never have proper ceremony for him, his body was lost, or it had rotted away on it;s own on a battle field somewhere, or it had been tossed in a mas grave. She did honor his death by having the traditional rites, but it would never be proper. She would pray everyday for his safe passage to heaven. She would see him again.

One night, after they had put the children to bed, Marilyn got up the courage to ask something she'd been meaning to ask her.

"Listen, Leila. I have a party of people I work with, people who regularly problem solve things for the Kingdom, special cases like Orc Invasions and the like, and one of them is a Warlock. She...is um...able to find people's remains...to know where they were laid to rest, that sort of thing. He owes me a favour..and well...I guess you know what I'm asking. I could help put your mind to ease...if you'd like?"

Back
Top Bottom