Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Are there many anime fans here?

Do you like Anime?

• Totally! I am an Otaku of the Hardest core

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • So-so I have seen some series

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Not Really I dont ever watch it

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
Zalvek said:
The problem with Cardcaptors is that the US tried to make it seem like Lee was the main character instead of Sakura. And that... kind of doesn't work with the show at all. ^^;

That, and they cut out the entire 'love' part out of the story. I mean, that part of the show was pretty ridiculous with everyone being in love with someone else, but they completely cut it out other than Sakura being in love with Julian(I think that was him? It's been so long since I watched it, lol). If I remember correctly there were actually a few gay characters in the story, or at least characters who were suspiciously gay. Of course if that was aired in North America it'd scar children's brains! >_>

I cosplay and try to attend anime conventions whenever possible.
I also draw in an anime style.
I have 400 manga books and good size collection of anime VHS tapes and DVD's.
I've been studying Japanese language and culture since Junior High School.
And I started watching my 1st anime when I was 4.
I think...I'm definitely Otaku.
Heh.

Here's my list of what I like:
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni(When They Cry).
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai.
Yamato nadeshiko shichi henge(Wallflower).
Elfen Lied.
Vampire Knight.
Vampire Knight Guilty.
Kaikan Furetsu(Sensual Phrase).
Get Backers.
Chobits.
Peach Girl.
Gunslinger Girl.
D.N.Angel.
Death Note.
Ultra Maniac.
Devil May Cry.
Angel Sanctuary.
Ayashi No Ceres(Ceres: Celestial Legends).
Azumanga Daioh.
Excel Saga.
Black Cat.
Blue Seed.
Blue Seed Beyond.
Burst Angel.
Chibi Vampire Karin.
Paradise Kiss.
Onegai Sensei(Please Teacher).
Onegai Twins(Please Twins).
DearS.
Ranma 1/2.
Revolutionary Girl Utena.
Rosario + Vampire.
Saikano.
Saiyuki.
Fruits Basket.
Full Metal Panic.
Full Metal Panic Second Raid.
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu.
Tenjou Tenge.
Hellsing.
Hellsing Ultimate.
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne.
Full Moon wo Sagashite.
Zombie Loan.
Naruto.
Naruto Shippuden.
Lovely Complex.
.Hack//Sign.
.Hack//Legend of the Twilight.
.Hack//ROOTS.
.Hack//Liminality.
Ah My Goddess.
Serial Experiments Lain.
Great Teach Onizuka.
Cowboy Bebop.
Princess Tutu.
Initial D.
Princess Princess.
Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Bleach.
Detective Conan.
Air Gear.
Eyeshield 21.
Gantz.
Ouran High School Host Club.
Fushigi Yuugi.
Witch Hunter Robin.
Love Hina.
3x3 Eyes.
Black Jack.
Howl's Moving Castle.
Spirited Away.
Princess Mononoke.
Angelic Layer.
Laputa: Castle In The Sky.
Sailor Moon(to an extent...I grew up on it. Lol).
Vampire Hunter D.
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust.
X//1999.
Burn Up W.
Card Captor Sakura.
Fate/Stay Night.
GunxSword.
Loveless.
Midori Days.
Nightwalker: The Midnight Detective.
Negima.
Nana.
Kenshin.
Saber Marionette.
Saber Marionette J.
Saber Marionette J Again.
Saber Marionette J to X.
Tsubasa Chronicles.
Venus Versus Virus.
Vampire Princess Miyu.
Wolf's Rain.

Eh...god, I should stop now.
-sweat drop-

Yeah... with the white hair. I can't remember his name either because I watched the Korean version. ^^; But Lee also had a crush on him as well, which was cute. Hehe...

Zalvek said:
Yeah... with the white hair. I can't remember his name either because I watched the Korean version. ^^; But Lee also had a crush on him as well, which was cute. Hehe...

I think you're talking about Yue, the other guardian.

Calista said:
Catastrophy said:
Dude, Britney Spears and 50Cent were also quite popular. Popularity doesnt make crappy childish anime less childishly crappy :,D

And i have watched them, naruto is entertaining now and then, but mostly, its juvenile predictable braindead entertainment stuff.

You do realize that most of the time when an anime is translated into english that it basically has all substance taken out of it? While yugioh and naruto aren't the most mature animes out there, I'm sure they're much better if watched in Japanese with subtitles. For example, Cardcaptors was a show I loved when I was younger, it was aimed towards younger children from what I watched of it. Then just recently, I bought all of the seasons in Japanese with subtitles. The show was completely different, and while it still wasn't a 'mature anime', it had much more plot and was way more mature. It had actual plot and mature themes in it, which I found very interesting. North America just likes to suck all of the plot out of Japanese shows that are brought over here, it sucks. :| I'm not a very big anime fan, though. The only two animes that I watch are Cardcaptors and Pokemon. XD

But really, Catastrophy. You shouldn't be making fun of people or criticizing them for liking a certain show. Maybe if someone said that they loved The Wiggles, then mocking would be permitted, but otherwise it's just rude.

What makes wiggles more alright to mock than other things? Now you are just discriminating.
Perhaps the mainstream animes are, however, you have no expertise to say anything considering you have only watched 2 animes.

Im not making fun of or critizising people for liking certain shows. You didnt really read what i wrote. I critizised the shows themselves, and im in my full right to do so. Also, my main point is that its made for a much much younger audience, you take that as a negative thing. Theres nothing negative about it, except maybe 18+ year olds should probably have matured enough to move beyond this kind of entry level anime. Because thats what, Naruto, Card Captor, Yugio, Bleach, Pokemon, One Piece, Soul Eater animes are. Entry level mainstream anime.

Just like Mainstream pop/rock etc music was what brought most kids into music in the first place before they develop(ed) their tastes.

@ilovegoatse

I like some britney spears too now and then, however, musically, its mass produced shit and she has no talent whatsoever :D

To put it simply, neither of you should be making fun of anyone's taste in shows, or the shows in general, in this forum.

People will take offense, no matter what show you make fun of.

: /

That's what PvP is for.

Anjeru said:
Zalvek said:

Yeah, but not actually Yue... The person that Yue was inside of.

Zalvek said:
Anjeru said:
Zalvek said:

Yeah, but not actually Yue... The person that Yue was inside of.

Oh! Then it's Yukito.

Catastrophy said:
@ilovegoatse

I like some britney spears too now and then, however, musically, its mass produced shit and she has no talent whatsoever :D

I like old Britney, to be honest. A lot of the new stuff I could give or take. The only real new song I paid attention to was "Every time", but that's it.

Oh right, Robot Carnival's a really cool movie... I wonder if I still have it on my External...

Catastrophy said:
What makes wiggles more alright to mock than other things? Now you are just discriminating.
Perhaps the mainstream animes are, however, you have no expertise to say anything considering you have only watched 2 animes.

Because The Wiggles are for little children, and if an adult liked their music, then yes, everyone has a right to make fun of them. You probably haven't even looked up who they are, which is why you claim I'm discriminating. XD <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wiggles">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wiggles</a><!-- m --> Music is different than anime, but regardless, yu-gi-oh isn't classified as 'children television' or 'children anime', and many adults do watch it. The english version might not be as mature since they probably trimmed a lot out of it, but that makes no difference.

Catastrophy said:
Im not making fun of or critizising people for liking certain shows. You didnt really read what i wrote.

Oh really? Okay, let me go dig up some quotes of what you said just to prove that argument wrong. Let's see....

Catastrophy said:
maybe 18+ year olds should probably have matured enough to move beyond this kind of entry level anime.
Catastrophy said:
My fifteen year old little brother is too old for those series. . .
Catastrophy said:
Popularity doesnt make crappy childish anime less childishly crappy :,D

its juvenile predictable braindead entertainment stuff.

You are criticizing people by saying that stuff. Implying that someone is immature for watching shows and calling those shows crap is criticizing someone for enjoying that show, and is also mocking them, which is just rude. You can make fun of shows all you like, fine, but making fun of people because of it is not cool. Look, I even have a definition for you to make it easier.

crit⋅i⋅cize   [krit-uh-sahyz]
verb, -cized, -ciz⋅ing.
–verb (used with object)
1. to censure or find fault with.
2. to judge or discuss the merits and faults of: to criticize three novels in one review.
–verb (used without object)
3. to find fault; judge unfavorably or harshly.
4. to make judgments as to merits and faults.

Seems pretty accurate to me. :-D

Yeah the 18+ thing was aimed at people true. But that was in the same message where i asked for previous quotes :,D

Also, like you said wiggles is for kids. Naruto etc is for kids. You have to admit that.

Crappy is my own opinion. Predictable is how i find it as an 18+ yearold. and juvenile/childish, well thats what it is and what the creators aimed for it to be. You cant deny it.

To back this. Please realize that the animes im talking about are

"
Shōnen (少年?), shonen, or shounen, is a Japanese word literally meaning few years which generally refers to a typical boy, from elementary school through junior high school age. It is used in everyday conversation when referring to the period of youth, including in legal wording referencing youth, without regard to gender. Shōnen manga is a popular genre of comics typically aimed at young males of this age group.
"

Satisfied?

^_^

And yes critizising a topic indirectly picks on people who support it but thats the way of the world.

Actually not necessarily. There are different lines such as Shonen Ace, which is actually aimed at 19-21 year olds if I remember correctly. This includes shows like Girls Bravo, Tenjo Tenge, Welcome to the NHK, etc. None of these shows are really appropriate for that teenage group.

I think you misunderstand. Shonen Ace is a serial line, just like Shonen Jump. It's still classified as Shonen, just aimed at an older audience.

quote said:
According to Japanese law, the term "shōnen" refers to "a person from the time they enter elementary school until the time they are 18 years of age", and "Any person who has not reached the age of 20 years" . In the realm of education and culture, this is the period of compulsory education

hey look I can quote wikipedia too :lol:

Any of you got a good anime to watch that wasn't on my list?

I'm bored and need something to watch...x_x

: o You don't know?!

Kaiji... is the story of a man named Kaiji. He's greatly in debt, and the only way he can find himself able to escape, is a game... Dun Dun Dun!

It's really awesome, I promise. o.o

Zalvek said:
: o You don't know?!

Kaiji... is the story of a man named Kaiji. He's greatly in debt, and the only way he can find himself able to escape, is a game... Dun Dun Dun!

It's really awesome, I promise. o.o

Sounds pretty cool :3

Also, it's not a very pretty anime. But stick with it! It really is one of the most dramatic anime made recently, and it's very well done melodrama.

Back
Top Bottom