Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Valentines day confessions! <3

• As a former florist... I despise Valentine's Day.

Please, men of Blue Moon, be more original than roses.
              For the sake of every florists' fingers, PLEASE!
              [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

prettylyksin said:

• As a former florist... I despise Valentine's Day.

Please, men of Blue Moon, be more original than roses.
              For the sake of every florists' fingers, PLEASE!

• But I like roses. : / Especially white ones! The red ones are a little overdone, I'll admit that - but it's still sweet to get them. As long as nobody gives me geraniums for Valentine's Day, I'd be happy with the flowers. >_>

• Roses are the ban of my existence.
              I still have scars on my fingers from my time as a florist.

I'd much prefer getting a bouquet of lilies.

prettylyksin said:

• I figure that it would suck for a florist since most guys probably just go for roses since they know that most girls don't dislike them, but you're right, lilies are a good flower, too. Personally, I don't really like a large bouquet, I find it much more romantic to receive one pretty flower, even if that's really cheesy. >_>

Calista said:
If you never argue or fight with someone then it's not going to work. Wanting everything to be all lovey-dovey 100% of the time is unrealistic, and even if the relationship is like that at first, it won't last. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just being honest. Of course you shouldn't be fighting all of the time, but if you never have any arguments or fights with a significant other there's going to be a serious problem. : /

Define "fight" in this circumstance for me. Do you mean just disagreeing over something or out and out fighting? I'm asking because when someone says "fight" I'm thinking shouting angrily at eachother or stuff like that. Disagreements are something else entirely in my mind. One can rationally talk out a compromise on disagreements. Using what I think of as a "fight" I wonder why a relationship would have to have fights? Why can't people rationally approach things after they've calmed down?

In other news, I appear to be a robot, for I'm trying to approach romantic and emotional situations with logic and rationale... -_-

prettylyksin said:

• -walks up to hand her a rose for V-day... than over hears this and walks away in shame- T////T

Kaziel said:
Calista said:
If you never argue or fight with someone then it's not going to work. Wanting everything to be all lovey-dovey 100% of the time is unrealistic, and even if the relationship is like that at first, it won't last. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just being honest. Of course you shouldn't be fighting all of the time, but if you never have any arguments or fights with a significant other there's going to be a serious problem. : /

Define "fight" in this circumstance for me. Do you mean just disagreeing over something or out and out fighting? I'm asking because when someone says "fight" I'm thinking shouting angrily at eachother or stuff like that. Disagreements are something else entirely in my mind. One can rationally talk out a compromise on disagreements. Using what I think of as a "fight" I wonder why a relationship would have to have fights? Why can't people rationally approach things after they've calmed down?

In other news, I appear to be a robot, for I'm trying to approach romantic and emotional situations with logic and rationale... -_-

When I said fight, I was more or less referring to the arguing side of it. No, I do not promote people yelling at each other or attacking each other, I think that's quite obvious. My point is that if you never argue about anything, there's going to be a problem. Internalizing things and never disagreeing with someone on even the smallest things is a bad thing to do in a relationship. One of the most important things about relationships is honesty, and it's my personal opinion that if you avoid arguing at all costs, then you're just not being honest with the other person about what your feelings are on certain subjects. I think the debate about this subject is pretty well explained in earlier posts in the thread, though. :)

Okay, thanks for clarifying. It wasn't fully clear what exactly you meant, despite earlier posts. Sorry for dragging up something from three pages earlier (don't check BM after a certain time at the night, so I miss a lot of the good conversations :-().

Kaziel said:
Okay, thanks for clarifying. It wasn't fully clear what exactly you meant, despite earlier posts. Sorry for dragging up something from three pages earlier (don't check BM after a certain time at the night, so I miss a lot of the good conversations :-().

It's no problem, I just didn't really want to start another debate with someone about the same subject. XD

wendi darling said:
Neon Boy said:
I think I shall not buy anything...as a gift onless occasion calls for it. Other than that no, not even on valentine's day will I buy anything.
thats very anal of you:)
:D I has no one to buy for.

And I don't like spending money...like for serious I don't. (Side note: he also does not go outside very often and rarely goes shopping for anything, to keep himself from spending said money.)

prettylyksin said:

• I read the first post and thought 'Lillies are better anyway', then I read this. Deathflowers for the win!

My valentine's day confession is nothing so special. I've come full circle, from terrified of women, to enjoying women, to confused by women, to hating women, to apathetic about women, and now, I'm back to terror.

A friend of mine called me a player yesterday. I gave her my best dead-fish look and told her I wasn't a player, I was a prize.

*clings to Iza's leg* Listen, you need a eunuch manservant? Explaining it to your SO might be hard, but we'll work something out.

Off-topic: I feel really stupid for not remembering this sooner... Pylons don't require Vespene Gas. >.<

Kaziel said:
Off-topic: I feel really stupid for not remembering this sooner... Pylons don't require Vespene Gas. >.<

No you're right. But our lungs do!

Nope. Vespene is primarily used as a fuel due to it's high potential energy rating. It's kinda like fossil fuels for Terran vessels. Protoss use it a catalyst for psi-driven machines. The only race that uses it to stay alive are the Zerg who use it as a source of nourishment.

>.> *is such a nerd*

I've always enjoyed Valentine's day, even when chronically single. The selection of candies is delightful this time of year.
Bested only by Easter and it's nummy chocolate bunnies.

I've someone I care about, but I won't be spending this Valentine's day with him, nor will we be participating in any festivities.
And that doesn't bother me. I'll be going out dancing and having fun being a single lady in a big city with no intentions on changing that situation just yet.

Kaziel said:
Nope. Vespene is primarily used as a fuel due to it's high potential energy rating. It's kinda like fossil fuels for Terran vessels. Protoss use it a catalyst for psi-driven machines. The only race that uses it to stay alive are the Zerg who use it as a source of nourishment.

>.> *is such a nerd*

Hah he of little faith trust in the ways of jane and she will provides that gas. Seek the geysers of jane and partake of her minerals.

Trygon said:
I read the first post and thought 'Lillies are better anyway', then I read this. Deathflowers for the win!

My valentine's day confession is nothing so special. I've come full circle, from terrified of women, to enjoying women, to confused by women, to hating women, to apathetic about women, and now, I'm back to terror.

A friend of mine called me a player yesterday. I gave her my best dead-fish look and told her I wasn't a player, I was a prize.

*clings to Iza's leg* Listen, you need a eunuch manservant? Explaining it to your SO might be hard, but we'll work something out.

• Hehe. You are a prize, Try.

-pets Trygon- No need to be a eunuch, I'd have use for that part -winkwink- but manservant, of course.

And expaining it to my... what? Boyfriend? I pay the rent goddammit, I'll bring home who I please.

prettylyksin said:
Trygon said:
I read the first post and thought 'Lillies are better anyway', then I read this. Deathflowers for the win!

• Hehe. You are a prize, Try.

-pets Trygon- No need to be a eunuch, I'd have use for that part -winkwink- but manservant, of course.

And expaining it to my... what? Boyfriend? I pay the rent goddammit, I'll bring home who I please.

• I like the way you think, girl.

Trygon said:
I like the way you think, girl.

• I'll be moving out sometime in the summer, so he STILL can't say a damn thing.

Then I'll be living with Laudanum, and I'm sure he won't mind the skimpy clothing I make you wear.

Back
Top Bottom