Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

WHY, SCALE?

Trygon said:
Kiwa said:
Nurse_K said:
Not every doctor is like that. I know some doctors who are incredibly compassionate and dedicated to their work.
I don't and my opinion is based on things I've experience.
Therefore the experience of others is void? Also, I've known excellent doctors. Logic would seem to dictate that the majority experience is the common one.
No, therefore the experience of others won't make me change my opinion until I meet these magical doctors that aren't massive dicks.

If people started telling you there are naturally blue apples would you believe them if they had no proof of it and you have never seen an apple even somewhat blue?

Kiwa said:
Trygon said:
Kiwa said:
I don't and my opinion is based on things I've experience.
Therefore the experience of others is void? Also, I've known excellent doctors. Logic would seem to dictate that the majority experience is the common one.
No, therefore the experience of others won't make me change my opinion until I meet these magical doctors that aren't massive dicks.

If people started telling you there are naturally blue apples would you believe them if they had no proof of it and you have never seen an apple even somewhat blue?
If EVERYONE around me said 'wtf, apples are blue', I would - aheh - Be in a doctor's office tomorrow getting my eyes checked.

I understand that you've had bad experiences, but that doesn't mean every single doctor is like that. You shouldn't shut out all doctors just because of a few experiences. There are millions of doctors in the world.

The apple thing is different because we know that their is no known gene for blue apples. There's no asshole doctor gene.

Trygon said:
Kiwa said:
Trygon said:

If EVERYONE around me said 'wtf, apples are blue', I would - aheh - Be in a doctor's office tomorrow getting my eyes checked.
And this forum is the first place where I've had more then one person say doctors aren't assholes. I'm assuming it's just a small community of lucky/crazy people until proven otherwise.

Kiwa said:
Kawamura said:
I don't think you can make that statement.

:/

Not in honesty.
I've had two people close to me come very close to dieing because doctors just brushed them off saying "its because you're fat" One was rushed to emergency surgery because gallstones destroyed her gallbladder, the others gallbladder fell apart as the surgery started.
I've had tons of information withheld from me about my epilepsy that me or my parents at the very least should have fucking known.
I've been upfront told that I was imagining things or that several problems and pains Iv'e had over the years were imaginary. Now my shoulder cant move without lots of pain and some pretty bad grinding noises and most of my joints hurt like hell with every movement. *gasp* I guess the stuff I've been imagining is infecting everyone else who can hear it too. My back is fucked but that was 'just growing pains' my back is still in agony every day. I've stopped growing.
Every doctor I've been to is such a condescending prick who talks to anyone who isn't another doctor like they're some fucking five year old retard. They never fully explain whats fucking wrong either. That's just off the top of my head here.

I don't usually have that problem.

*amused*

It might be your personality.

That is why I never step on a scale willingly.
Only time I do is when I'm at my doctors and I don't even look at what the numbers are.

I know what you mean. My dad made me terrified of the things when I was a little girl. When I went through puberty I gained a lot of weight and he was all like,

lol u weigh more than me!

He made me feel so bad...

I remember getting a bad ear infection and my doctor actually making me laugh. He was such a cornball, it was always so funny. He told me "Well, you're either going to be better in seven days or a week!" Being sick and drowsy, I was like "wat?" but when I got it, I lol'd.

I love doctors, they actually deal with my extreme anxiety problems and help me through visits since they know I usually want to bolt out the door. One recommended a medical test, just for me to ease my worry. Turns out nothing was wrong with me at all, but it felt good to get tested.

Sometimes I love being a guy. I've been going to the gym for 2 weeks and I've lost over five pounds already, and I haven't even changed my diet yet.
But keep at it Luna, you can do it!

Mirran said:
Sometimes I love being a guy. I've been going to the gym for 2 weeks and I've lost over five pounds already, and I haven't even changed my diet yet.
But keep at it Luna, you can do it!
I am one too. D: I just have to loose it right quick because of a play. I don't have time to spare.

Then again, as bitched about in another thread, this change in diet is making my stomach sad.

Mirran said:
The best thing you can do is cardio (as well as diet)
Yeah, I just gotta push myself to do it. Just since I've fallen out of the habit and everything, bleh.

;_;

This is what I get for being stuck female and not interested in taking hormones: we keep fat like... like women.

...I uh, I've stayed 120 for the past..like, four years or so.

My weight is erratic. If I lose too much I'll be a shapeless tooth pick(does not go well with my height at 5'10") and then I end up eating till I am over weight. Longest I've mantained a healthy weight is at two months.

Like, I want to lose weight, but then I'm afraid that I'll lose my hourglass figure if I do.

I know, I love my shape.

It sucks that some girls can't achieve it because they can't gain weight.

I suggest work outs to tighten fatty areas, that way you won't drop the shape you want.

I do work-outs and go for runs.
I also stretch a lot and do yoga.
Sometimes, if I have the right music and the right move, I'll dance ballet again.
Dancing is a great way to burn calories.

Notte said:
I do work-outs and go for runs.
I also stretch a lot and do yoga.
Sometimes, if I have the right music and the right move, I'll dance ballet again.
Dancing is a great way to burn calories.
I totally agree <333 I need a way to work something into my work out regiment that'll help m,e regain my flexibility. I used to be be pretty -ahem- flexible

Back
Top Bottom