Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Interest Check: Zombie Apocolypse? Oh my! (R.E, 28Dl, L4D)

Midnight

Supernova
Hello everybody, I am Midnight.
Lately I have been wanting to do a Zombie based role play, preferably based on a series people are familiar with.
I have several options that I could do, but before I decide on which plot I would like to know two things first.

1. If anybody is actually interested in a Zombie Apocolypse rp.
2. What KIND of Zombies would y'all want.

The first option is a Good Ol' Resident Evil rp, It could take place any time in the series or the movieverse, though the wasteland setting of the last movie appeals to me greatly I wouldn't mind creating one in Racoon City, and perhaps escaping with a group of survivers as the infection spreads. Classical Zombies, with mingled B.O.Ws, Reality rules will be... well, fairly nonexistant.

The second is using the plot from the Movies, or 28 days later. Perhaps some time after the 28 weeks movie or during the original infection. The zombies here are fast, deadly, and REALLY pissed off... They can also you turn you into one of them in three seconds. A secondary option is Left 4 dead, though I am not terribly sure.

The final option is realistic, Ala Dawn of the dead. Rules for reality are strict, but playing civvies is fun right?

If interested, go ahead and post here, I am mostly leaning towards a resident evil rp.

Well, bummer. Derivative plots.

I love zombie clusterfucks, but derivative plots are no fun at all. Especially Resident Evil.

The final one has no plot.
Just survival.
Honestly, though I will get really strict with that one since people love going all godmoddy.

Plot is a more than acceptable thing, only derivative plots [things pulled out of commercial sources] are dull.

But those kind of things are always my favorite when dealing with the living dead.
Just running like hell cos' you can't beat 'em, and you sure the fuck don't wanna join 'em.

Yeah, still, just running from zombies gets boring fast, settings and different types of zombies liven things up, otherwise you get 16 year old schoolgirls dual wielding magnums >.>

Human interaction under stress is what makes zombie flicks entertaining, and all disaster movies for that matter.
Shooting zombies in the head is just as boring as running from them.

And it doesn't take a genius to set up a good plot that isn't yanked from some video game [most movies have ambiguous enough plots that if no-one said anything, no one would ever know. 28 Days Later, the Romero films and the like are all pretty bare-bones. The characters change, and the whole thing does.]

The only films that make violence against corpses fun the whole way through are the Evil Dead films, but that's as much Bruce Campbell's witty banter as anything else.

Meh, it depends, we will see if others are even interested in a Zombie rp.
'I don't care about the canon's plot, just the setting, Alice can die, I like the post apocalyptic wasteland.

Man I have wanted to do one of these for a while...pump action shotty ftw.

Post apocalyptic world, jumble of zombies, running/jogging and walking ones.

L4D isn't really a zombie game persay no matter how much they say it is, the only thing that comes close to eating you is the stalker things with their tongues, everything else just beats you up or explodes.

/\ well by that logic neither are the more recent resident evil games, or 28 days/weeks later, infact the dawn of the dead one is kinda debatable too, I think something like after a zombie war would be cool, where the humans managed to win out but there are far fewer of us left, and maybe zombies still roam around, but are just mostly under control.

RE4 is definitely NOT a zombie game. Never claimed to be. In fact they tried their damnedest to get away from zombies.

I found that to be a turn off, but a lot of people liked it, so I'm thinking of finally giving it a fair shot anyways.

There's not a lot of eating in 28 Days Later, but there was some limb tearing in 28 Weeks.

And no, the Romero films [like Dawn of the Dead] are not debatable. There's zombies ripping out intestines with their teeth. xD

A post-zombie apocalypse thing could be interesting, sure, but probably not what the OP is going for.

I want to play the act of survival, a group of total strangers banding together against huge odds, living in an undead world.

I can agree and disagree in some of all of those. Left 4 dead and 28 days are technically the same thing, a mutated form of rabies that takes over the brain. Technically they aren't even Undead, just REALLY pissed off. Still I am not after just 'zombies' I am after the theme of 'if one of these things bites you, you are fucked' Not to mention the fact that the infected are fast, strong, and can be taken down Without headshots. In left 4 dead, there is also interesting mutations, and I have created my own. The plot would focus on a different group of survivors, different plot, just similar setting, not to mention the survivors are immune, so they can take a beating. L4dead doesn't even say they are zombies, they are simply called 'the infected'

I don't care if the zombies aren't eating us or even biting us, just that the infected are going to be mindlessly pursuing us and trying to cause our demise in some way.

Romero films are not just zombies, but they DEFINED zombies... nuff said, Romero=Epic

If I can use a pump action shotty...I will be in, if I find the time and energy to make a post longer than a paragraph D:

and don't think I will god-mod, cause I will be making the cartridges jam somewhat frequently.(if I decide to join)

Well, that is you and Valentine for 28 days later. I think I like that idea more...
Maybe as a private group while I do a pub of something else.

I agree, I find shamblers kinda boring some times, and Rage zombies are a lot more threatening. (Romero zombies still beat them though)
But they can be entertaining...

Meh, I would be scared shitless, Zombies like in the romero I can handle, since they can be slow, and I would be prepared, but ones who are fast and show even a bit of intelligence... Left 4 dead also, though then you have to worry about specials.

• I'm good with survival skills.
        I'm a sprinter, not a runner though.

But I'm a wicked tank and have crazy stamina,
        AND endurance. :3[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

I am not exactly fast or strong, though I can climb stuff, and I can bullseye a coke can from a good distance away (70, maybe 100 meters) with a good rifle-

Without a scope

• xD Excellent.

Yeah, I'm a fucking monkey.
        I love climbing shit.
        And I have no fear of height. xD[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

If I have the motivation, I can climb, I have been trying to get back into shape, but time spent at the range is always productive. I am a good marksman, and a leader too.

I don't understand how everyone knows how to shoot in most zombie movies, even the dimpy little schoolgirl.
I also don't get what people have with dual-weilding in rps like this (I have tried to make these before)
I can barely akimbo shoot two 9mms (and akimbo is from the hip)

I like to combine the two 'styles' of zombie by determining how fast they move with their 'age'.

The fresher the corpse is, the faster the zombie. So, newly reanimated bodies would be more like the 'runners' from the Dawn of the Dead remake and the infected in 28 Days/Weeks later. However, as time goes on and the muscles decay and degrade, they become the slow, shambling Romero-style zombies.

An aside, I would probably be screwed, unless I could get a nice open, elevated area, and some ammunition.

Back
Top Bottom