Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

As the Fates would have it

Ghostwolf

Planetoid
The air shimmered slightly in the mid-afternoon heat. Small leaves fell from the overhanging branches of the tall ancient trees which seemed to cover the never ending forest trail. A soothing breeze blew along the pathway combining with the shade from the overhanging branches to form a pleasant atmosphere. Sprite’s darted among the trees, chasing each other playfully as a figure stood in the shadows quietly.

He was tall and lithe, clothed in the colours of nature, various greens and browns. A yew bow and a quiver were found on his back, and his hood was pulled over his face. Within only his bright green eyes could be seen, and a small amount of his dark red hair which was bound together with a small strip of fabric. Even with the hood, it was clear he was attractive. The hood was raised slightly at the sides due to his pointed ears. This was Andissiel, an Elf Waywatcher. The light shone from behind him, casting an impressive figure as he stood with his hand on the pommel of the short sword at his waist.

Lily lay still inthe soft soil near the large lake in the forest. Her long blue dress was torneand splattered with blood. She had tried a few times to loosen the corset that squeezed her figure into a more attractive one. But the bow had become a knot and with out a knife could not be undone. Slowly she sat up and looked around, there was a leaf or two stuck in her long raven hair.

She stood and picked up her shoes, the heels she had flead the town in were no good in the forest. She looked over her shoulder half fearing those who had attacked her town were following her. She closed her eyes and sank to her knees tears flowing down ehr pale smooth cheeks.

Andissiel turned his head slightly as a sound, carried through the air fell upon his sensitive ears. He thought quietly for a moment before turning to dart through the undergrowth, his elven stature and experience of the terrain carrying him quickly to his destination. He slowed his pace as the sound grew louder. Quietly, he came to the edge of the tree line and was met by the sight of the lake and a human girl.

Quietly, he observed her a while. She was attractive, not to Elven standards, but attractive nonetheless. Her dress was torn and blood spattered, her hair in slight disarray and the lacing of the corset she wore was tangled. The human looked to have been in some sort of struggle.

Andissiel spoke, his voice soft and caring, almost musical.

“What causes such distress in one so young?”

Lily looked over her eyes landing on him after a moment. She did not think of herself as young, she was afterall enjoying a party for her birthday when the town was attacked. She stood a bit straighter trying to hold on to some of her pride.

Her eyes, those deep blue orbs held thier sorrow though. No matter how she acted what was done could not be undone. She looked at the elf seeming a bit undecided. The people who had attacked had been dressed like he was.

"My town was attacked, I fled into the forst like my Father told me to."

Andissiel watched her carefully, his eyes focusing on hers. They were a kind of blue that was unseen amongst his kind, and they intrigued him. He listened to her speak, and he genuinely felt sorrowful as she explained. He frowned slightly, wondering who had attacked the town, and whether they would attack again. He would ponder this more later; he had more pressing matters to attend to.

He looked her up and down slightly before speaking.

“Are you hurt?”

Lily shook her head softly, thick black curls falling around her face. She was beautiful in the eyes of humans. The elfs she had met told her she was prety which really made her feel pleased. She did not really care about looks, or what others though. Which made things for her parents strssfull, being of the high class she was supposed to behave differnetly.

"No. I am not hurt. Tired and sore but I am better off then those who did not manage to eg away."

"That is something at least" He said, smiling softly.

He took a few steps closer towards her, drawing back his hood letting his dark red hair become visible. Without the hood it was clear to see that Andissiel was handsome with a straight nose, strong jaw line, and unblemished skin. His green eyes just added to his looks. He thought for a moment.

"Did you see if anyone else managed to escape?" He asked, not wanting to push her after experiencing what was no doubt a traumatising ordeal.

"I do not know. Poeple were being hit by thesedart things andwere just dropping. A few may have got away but not many would set foot in the forest. The only reason my Father told me to run here is because I am freindly wiith the Sprites that live in our garden and have not harmed the forest."

She looked athim wondering why he was here but it was rude to question people. That and she was not sure where he was from, some elfs were friendly they would speak to humans like they were equal. Others would speak to humans but were easy to insult with all their rules and pride.

"My home is in the center of the town even for those who did get out of the ball room getting away would be hard. I saw many other the attackers raiding buildings."

Listening carefully to her, he doubted that many others had indeed managed to escape. To Andissiel, it sounded like a quick and coordinated attack, for what reason he did not know. He smiled slightly when he heard that she was friendly with the Sprites in her garden.

When he heard her mention a ballroom, he pieced that information together with her attire and deduced that she must be one of the upper class. He also wondered they were celebrating if anything. He noted that the attackers raided the buildings, possibly searching for something or someone.

“Did anyone see you get away?” The elf asked.

"I do not think so. It was madness when everyone started running around trying to get out. One of the guard pointed me in a way that was clear so I could get out to the garden then go through the gate"

Lily explained. She knew that man was dead now, he had lost his hand before coming to her some how and that was wear the blood on her dress had come from. She sighed softly and her shoulders slumped in a soft arc. Sheclosed her eyes for a moment then looked to himf rom under her long lashes.

"The people were dressed like you."

Andissiel quietly listened to her. He relaxed slightly when he heard that she thought no one had seen her, for it meant that it was unlikely for there to be any followers. As she looked up at him, he was struck again by how attractive she was.

He was startled slightly when the human said that the attackers were dressed in the same manner as he was.

“This does not bode well.” He said, concern in his voice. “It may have been a renegade raid or worse, it was organised by the high council and they had reason to attack”

He sighed softly, and turned to look out across the lake. The sun was dipping slightly behind the tree’s, the sky darkening and afternoon slowly turning into evening.

He looked back at the girl.

“Is there anywhere you can go and stay?” He asked

Lily smiled giving a slight laugh as she shook her head.

"No but you know what I will just march right back to the town that is my home and keep my fingers crossed that all the attackers left and that no one is searching for anyone left alive or waiting for someone to go back to town."

She said with a soft sigh. It was clear that while upset she still kept away from letting it show that much. She looked back in the direction she had come from. She knew going back was not safe, and her closest family wasa three day trip if you had a fast horse and was travling light.

"Oh, I am Lily Creed by the way."

Her family was well known to humans and nonhumans alike. They had money and power, connections to leaders of humans, elfs, dwarfs, and were known to havea few darker beings attatched to their name. But no one was enough of an enemy to wipe out a whole town to get ahold of them.

“It would not be wise to do that” Andissiel warned her. “However, if you are determined to return, I shall accompany you for safety, or if you wish you may come with me to my dwelling, and spend the night. I shall make sure you are safe”

Did he really just offer his home and bed to this girl he had only just met, or even put his life on the line for her, he thought to himself. There seemed to be a special quality about Lily that just attracted the Elf to her.

He listened to her name, and recalled hearing it before sometime, and replied with is own.
“I am Andissiel” he said, bowing low.

"It would be an honor to be allowed th stay the night in your home Andissiel.

Lily offered him a soft warm smile and closed the distance between them. She looked at him, her eyes showing gratitude. It was kind of him to offer hera place to stay when the people who had attacked her town could be searching for her at this very moment.

Andissiel returned her smile. He had no hidden motive for inviting her to spend the night under the same roof as himself; he was just offering Lily shelter in a time of need. Although, the elf had to admit, he doubted he would complain if anything did happen between them.

“It is not far from here” he informed, “however, I must let you know it is not much. I would say it is nothing more than a shield from the elements, let alone a place to have guests”

If Lily was one of the upper class, his home, little more than a log cabin, would not seem much, but it suited Andissiel’s needs and he was quite fond of it.

“If you would like to follow me” he said, making sure Lily would follow before walking at a pace he hoped would be acceptable for her.

Lily nodded hr head softly and started after him. She did not care whatthype of house he lived in, all she needes was a place to rest and maybe she could borrow some clothes to wear. After all her heavy gown was hardly travle appropriate. She walked a few feet behin him, his pace was a little fast for a bare footed girl in a corset that squeezed her upper body and made rapid breathing difficult.

"Thank you for latting me stay the night. I should have something fugured out by the morning," She said softly, "maybe I could make it to my Aunt's."

Andissiel nodded as she thanked him.

“It is the least I could do” He replied, looking back to her. With her raven hair, blue dress and corset she looked out of place in the forest, but that just made her look all the more attractive as she did not blend in with the dark greens and browns. Seeing her struggling to keep up, he slowed his pace slightly till he walked alongside her.

What Andissiel said earlier was true, as before long the pair entered a secluded clearing in the trees. A small stream ran through the length of it, and at the far side sat a fairly large wooden cabin with a stone chimney rising out the top. A small decorative wooden bridge rose over the stream and the elf walked across it gracefully and up to the door of the cabin.

“Well, this is it” he said. “After you” motioning for Lily to go first

He gently pushed the door of the cabin revealing its insides. A window was found in the right wall, under which a large comfortable looking bed. Near the bed was a wooden dressing table, most likely holding the elf’s clothes. The fireplace was filled with wood ready for lighting, and various pots and pans hung nearby ready for use. Small cupboards were located near the pans, most likely full of food or cooking ingredients. The last things in the room were a table with chairs arranged around it, and a small bookcase stood against one wall.

Lily walked in and sat down in one of the chairs with a soft sigh. She looked around slowly turning her ehad to the left then right before looking back to him. Her smile was large and very polite, she seemed pleased by something.

"You speak very pporly about your fine home."

She told himin a kind sweet tone. She stood leaving her shoes under her chair before she walked to the wiindow and looked out it. "I mean it, you home is very lovely, perfect for one ortwo people. I take it that it is justyou and your wife here?" She asked thinking someone like him must be married.

Andissiel stepped in after her and closed the door behind him. He took the quiver and bow off his back and placed it by the door, before taking his cloak off and hanging it up. He returned her smile as she complemented him as he took a seat across from her.

“Thankyou” the Elf said, watching her as she moved towards the window, his eyes once again looking her up and down as she walked.

“No. I live here by myself. I am not married” he replied suggestively without realising until after he had spoken.

Lily blushed softly and looked back out the window. She was not bothered byhis tone, it was clear by the look on his face right after that he had not really ment it that way. She touched her dress and looked at the muck that came off onto her hand.

"May I borrow soemthing to wear?" She asked turning abck to him. "I can't relaly walk around in this all night." She explained with a blush.

“Of course” Andissiel said, raising from the chair and walking across the room towards the dressing table near the bed. He opened the drawers revealing neatly folded clothes, mostly of woodland colours, although there were some silk outfits of rich blues and reds. However, there was nothing among them that was distinctly for a woman to wear.

“Help yourself” The elf said, smiling as he stepped away. "And dont worry, I wont look." Much. He added to himself as he turned his back to her.

Lily smiled kindly and him and walked over to the kitched. She picked up a knife and slcied the ribbons of her corset before walking abck to the clothes. She dropped the corset showing off her pale smooth back to him before pulling on a shirt. She then dropped the skirts of her dress and puleld on some pants.

Andissiel watched as she walked over and retrieved a knife. He wondered what she would do with it, before he witnessed her cutting the lacing of her corset. He kept facing away as she walked back to the dresser until he heard her take the corset off, after which he looked over his shoulder slightly to see her back, and he couldn’t help wonder what her chest would look like. He smiled to himself at that thought as she pulled on a shirt and he returned to facing forward as not to be caught.

“All done?” The elf asked after a while, his voice showing no sign of feeling awkward at the situation.

Lily puleld on a pair of pants and nodded to herself. "Yes, I am done. The shirt is a little lose bu I am fine with that."

She turned and looked at him with a soft smile tying her hair up into a ponytail with some of the ribbon form her corset. "Thank you again." She said softly.

Andissiel turned when she said she was done. He smiled and looked her up and down. She was right about the shirt; it did seem to be a little big for her. It would have been possible for her to wear just the shirt without revealing too much. His smile grew wider a moment at that thought.

“It was no trouble” the Elf replied, watching as she tied her hair up. With her hair drawn back, it was easier to see how attractive her face was. Her blue eyes looked up at him, full of thanks and her lips smiled at him softly. He wondered what they would feel like pressed upon his own. Andissiel was lost in his thoughts, and began to stare at her face and figure a little too obviously.

Back
Top Bottom