Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Home is where the Black is (Anansi and Sorrow.)

She quirked a brow, and shook her head, pushing the packet she had bought to the middle of the table "I bought it for ye." she stated, tone quiet. About to leave, she instead stood, pouring some tea and settled back, eyes closing as she took a sip.

HE slowly pulled a box up from beneath the table and tossed it over to her as he picked up her packet. IT was a slender box with a hinge on one side that he slid over to her. Lifting the packet he tore it open slowly and opened it to peek inside

She raised a brow, but took the box carefully, waiting for Xeno to open his first. The box was made from a worn wood, stamped on the side with the Osiris emblem, one of the highest ranked weapon-smiths in the 'Verse. Inside, lying snugly along soft padding the colour of storm clouds, was a gleaming pistol, all cobalt and sleek. A small box of high grade ammo fit into the box as well, armour piercing rounds, with a silencer in it's own container. The gun once held would fit perfectly into Xeno's hand, and was inscribed with the date, and the Chinese character for "Protection".

Also there was a Bowie knife, the hilt wrapped in leather and the metal a shining blue-silver, the pommel was stamped with the Osiris sigil as well, and etched into the blade was the Chinese character for "Strength." Hawk was watching him, hands on the box, unopened still "They're for you. Just in case." she stated awkwardly, quietly fearing the day when his powers would not work and all weapons would be stripped from him. She was a practical woman, too practical. A caring gesture that one wanted to see could be hidden in a clumsy gesture of trying to protect. Silence spanned a moment and she looked down, opening the box that Xeno had slid over to her.

He was stunned and simply stared at the gifts as she opened hers to reveal a choker its band rolled into a loop to keep it in the somewhat small box. Its band was made of what looked to be rose gold, stretched into strands and woven together to make a flexible band about its length. Within the designs along individual strands were tiny emeralds glinting slightly along making a wavy sort of pattern. The rose gold darkening near the bottom to create a pattern of its own, like a field of grass around the length of the band, and the glinting emeralds just above it. The inside edge of the collar was lined with a slight layer of feather cushioning covered with velvet. The clasp of the choker was a rather intricate design. It was two halves of an ornately done firefly.

The wings of it were made of princess cut diamonds set in a gold lattice formed to the shape of the translucent wings. Seventeen half carat diamond were set into each wing. The eyes made of tiny emeralds each set with a facet fixed into the neighboring ones. The structure of the eye was held together by gold filament wire that was stretched over the contacting facets to hold them back against a pearl center to the eye. Each leg was made of three emerald cut emeralds each at a different angle and connected by gold joints between them. The thorax was made of a single large diamond with what looked to be a pink sort of crystal within. One of the few micro reactors that gave off a strange shine illuminating the diamond which was on the left half of the clasp. The actual lock itself was within. A semi circle was set in each half, but curving slightly so the circle was at an angle, more like a thread in a screw. One side was convex, the other concave. As the wings of the firefly were pushed up the halves would swivel into place, one clock wise, one counter clockwise, once the wings were up the halves would be locked till they were pressed back down. Once pressed together the back would slowly part the lattice in a small circle to reveal a spot on the back of Hawk's neck,the very spot where Xeno had marked her when they first met in the brief fight. A slight scar was there from their first fight something he always wanted to see. The reactor set within the diamond gave off a soft glow to illuminate even the brightest of rooms. It was powered to show the sheer love Xeno felt for her and the brilliance of the light to represent the purity of that love. It was what they'd stolen, an item small enough to fit into this necklace yet powerful enough to run a small city on its own. Looking down he closed his before he gave a weak nervous laugh. "You always said when we snuck into fancy parties you had no jewelry to wear.." He said slowly.

(That rocks.)

Hawk opened the small box and stared at the choker for a very long time, eyes holding a mix of emotions. Surprise, first for the intricate piece that lay before her (she couldn't help but think the credits Xeno had to sink for it, secondly of the work that went into making the choker), second-confusion, mixed with the gratefulness and relief at what the gesture seemed to mean. She rolled that thought in her mind, feeling her face flush like a young girl's as she carefully clasped the choker around her neck, the wings carefully locking in place. She paused, looking at the faintly glowing crystal and quirked a brow, that hadn't been part of the design, she was sure of it. She looked up at Xeno and smiled, the gratefulness in her eyes "Now I have. It's beautiful. Thank ye Xeno." she replied, touching the choker softly, feeling the parting in the back and the faint raised scar underneath, giving a small re collective chuckle.

He looked own at his own gift wordlessly. His fingers trailed slowly along the cold steel before he looked up to her. His eyes darted between her and the door as he looked to her. He wanted to run, it seemed the most sensible course of action. He hadn't been scared of anything before but this..this frightened him. "I....I...I..erm..I know..I'm a monster.."He said slowly, his voice weighted with shame as he began. "But..I have feelings...and...and..now..I don't know what.."Running his fingers nervously through his hair he looked about. "to do...for the first time..." He continued trying to build momentum as he went. "I don't want..this to be awkward. I can't ignore it however." He continued now moving closer to her. "I've never felt this afraid or this happy before..I didn't think these sort of things existed. I have all this damage..so many modifications..so many things I'm not supposed to feel..but you make me." He said slowly as he reached out a hand and cupped her cheek looking to her as a tear trailed down his face. "You are the first..ever" He added, completely embarassed, he'd had sex, he'd had lovers, but he'd never felt love, or attraction based on the other person rather than the physical. He trembled as his hand finally touched her before he pulled it back suddenly. He couldn't bring himself to say it and simply began to stumble back away from her.

Hawk opened her mouth, about to protest that he wasn't a monster, and closed it as he stood, speaking on. Her eyes widened faintly, and she fell silent, thinking it best to let him speak instead. Her hand raised up to touch his, his confession and that damned tear making her heart clench. Slowly she stood up and took a step forwards "I'm glad...been feeling like an idiot for waiting for a sign like this for too damned long." she murmured, the flush resting on her face still.

He smiled softly before he stroked his fingers along her cheek and stepped forward towards her leaning in till his nose touched hers. Smiling he stroked his fingers along her neck and gave a soft laugh. "Yeah I guess we've both been a bit silly." He said as he slowly took her free hand in his gently stroking his thumb along the back of her palm.

She felt like a teenage girl when he stepped close, all thumbs and blushes, attempting to shake it off the best she could. She turned her hand, squeezing his lightly and nodded "Hard not to, with things like these." she mused, voice lower, now that they were closer. The ship could be attacked by a hailstorm of Alliance fire and she wouldn't really notice.

Smiling demurely his red eyes glowed slightly in the low light. He saw the illumination on her face but couldn't quite tell where it was coming from assuming it was from the pendant. Leaning in he parted his lips just slightly and awkwardly inched forward. His hand slipped off of hers and slowly about her waist holding her as though she might escape, or fall. Closing the gap that always seemed to be there he pressed his lips gently to hers.

She gave a tentative smile, her blue green eyes unsure, sapped of their usual confidence and calm. The faint light of the pendant made the blush fade which she was grateful for. Her head tilted back slightly, had he always been this gorram tall? Her spine was straight and tense when he touched her and she closed the long gap as well, kissing him back with a quiet softness that was unexpected for the Browncoat woman.

He smiled back to her before he leaned in again and kissed her again hips lips now pressing harder to hers his body pushing to hers as well. It was a gentle strength but still forceful as if giving her permission to be forceful as well. His arms wrapped around her waist tightened lifting her into the kiss as he pulled back before he nipped her lower lip. Pulling back he smiled before he gently stroked his fingers along under her chin. "I shoulda done that a while ago."

In response, she deepened the kiss, body gently pressing against his, her arms resting around his waist. She chuckled softly as he lifted her and she blinked, looking up at him and nodded, reaching up to stroke his cheek "I agree, so should have I." she agreed.

"Mm its nice." He said slowly to her as he kissed along her neck then to her shoulder nipping at a scar before kissing back up to her lips. "Mmm so then, I think we should pull apart before I throw you on the table and release months of sexual tension." He said to her playfully before he nipped her cheek.

Hawk shivered and smirked at his comment giving a nod "I'd be inclined te agree with ye, we still have te ge to New Haven after all." she commented, kissing his cheek gently.

He smirked to her and gently nipped her lips. "Well I'd say its at least three hours worth of tension if were not gentle..and we've got four hours to kill..mm you're right though." He said as he pulled back slowly and smirked to her shrugging.

She half smiled and shook her head "I'd rather worry about getting on-planet first." she commented, thinking of the Operative, but not voicing her concern. She patted his shoulder, walking on to the cockpit.

"Aww you're no fun." He said slowly before he walked towards the cockpit after her before he plopped into the chair next to her. "Id not wear that off ship for now if I were you, its pretty distinctive."

Hawk smirked "Av course not, I have te watch out for ye don't I?" she asked teasingly. She nodded, touching the choker lightly "I won't, pretty thing like this are for special occasions." she replied grinning.

"Mmm ok" He said slowly before he gently stroked his fingers along her neck trailing it over the choker before he pulled back. "MMm fun stuff." He said before he closed his eyes.

"What's that?" she asked, taking a look at him briefly as she reengaged the flight sequence, leaning back comfortably in the chair.

"Well I'll have something to dream of tonight?" He said slowly before he looked to her with a slight smirk before licking his lips slowly and nodding to her before leaning over and pecking her cheek teasingly.

"As long as it's a good dream, not av me turning intae a praying mantis and nipping off ye're head." she commented and looked up at him, smiling faintly as he kissed her "Go an' get some sleep, I'll wake ye when we get there." she offered.

"That would imply I got you pregnant though." He said with a snicker. "I meant as in later, I've slept enough for now." He said slowly as he ran his fingers along his lips with a sigh.

"Ah, something I'd rather avoid." she mused with a nod. She nodded at his statement, giving a faint yawn a few moments later, her nap in her chair had not been restful.

Back
Top Bottom