Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Home is where the Black is (Anansi and Sorrow.)

Silence reigned along the cockpit once more and the woman sighed, keeping the ship at full burn. A couple of hours passed and she refueled quickly, flying on after.

Coming back up he was in his boxers his hairs disheveled and clinging to his face as he did so before he popped up the map. Looking it over he tabbed to a particular section and then began to enlarge it. "Were going to new Haven" He said slowly before he turned and walked back towards his cabin.

Hawk simply gave a nod, New Haven was a few hours away from here and she settled into a long flight, not responding as he left.

(Blah. Writer's Block.)

(Happens)
Coming back into the cockpit he leaned down. Wrapping his arms about her he leaned in resting his chin on the top of her head and slowly inhaling the scent of her hair while he leaned down and whispered to her. "You ever think about that night way back?"

Hawk blinked and frowned, concentrating on steering "No, not really. Why?" she asked, raising a brow.

(So...what night is this?)

"We got drunk and spent three hours looking at the stars..before that mob chased us back to the ship because of the bounty." He said slowly as he sighed briefly.

Hawk smiled and nodded "Ah, yes, av course. Three hours av talking and trying to find constellations, I enjoyed that." she admitted "Even the chase." she replied, smiling still.

"I spent two hours standing in front of your room that night trying to work up the courage to tell you how much I appreciate you, and I never did..but I want you to know that I did." He said slowly.

Hawk turned her head a bit, looking up at him, oddly flustered. "Really?" she asked, raising a brow. "Thank ye Xeno...things like that are hard te say. I appreciate ye too, have for a long time." she replied.

He opened his lips and sighed before biting his lower lip softly before he spoke. "Its hard..because no ones cared before. I mean...my parents sold me more or less, everyone else in life has been afraid or had something to gain..but not you. In fact you had everything to gain if you turned on me." He said slowly to her while looking down.

The woman tilted her head as he spoke, letting him finish "That's in the past, and it's shaped ye into who ye are now. I won't turn ye in, because I care about ye, and want you to find ye're own life again. It's that simple." she stated, shrugging.

"Would you be a part of that life once I found it?" He asked her slowly as he looked down as he pulled back from her now nervous over the prospects and her possibly taking it another way.

"I don't see myself leaving ye anytime soon." she replied easily, seeing him pull back and paused. She was silent a moment and put the ship into auto pilot "Ye've become an very important part av my life, one I want to keep." she replied softly.

Slowly he reached out and gently took her hand in his and sighed softly before he eventually let go and nodded. "Yeah." He said with a smile before he turned from her to head back towards his room.

She squeezed his hand lightly "I mean that...it's good te say." she mused, watching him go, unsure if she had missed something, turning to direct the ship once more.

"I love you.." He whispered slowly, not loud enough to carry more than an inch or so from his lips he said before he slipped down the ladder and into his quarters.

Hawk was not a Alliance experiment, she didn't have heightened senses. So, the woman didn't hear him and she slumped in her seat,a faint headache brewing in her temples. Hours passed and they drew up to New Haven, the woman tapping the ship-wide com "We're here." she replied and wince slightly, the headache progressing to a nasty migraine as she landed the ship.

Climbing back up the ladder now fully dressed in deep black boots and a grey trench coat he made his way to the cockpit. "Ok then." He said in a somewhat somber tone. He shrugged briefly and leaned back before he looked up and tapped a few buttons on the ceiling. "Well that'll mask us while we sit here..lets go.'

She nodded, the muscles in her neck and arms tense, her stomach churning. "Sounds good." she replied, sliding on her worn Browncoat, before leaving the cockpit and headed to the cargo bay.

"Yea" He said as he made his way down the ramp and began to walk towards a shop nearby. "Meet you back here thirty minutes." He said curtly before he walked off.

She blinked and frowned as he walked away and slowly shook her head "Alright then." she commented, sighing faintly, and walked into the area to resupply and get a drink.

Once he was sure she was gone he slipped into a store. Standing there he sighed and peeked out the window. The old man behind the jewelry display stared at him before sighing. "Another robbery..damnit." "Nah no robbery..I'm here to get a gift for a woman" he said slowly.

(Aw, that's cute)

Hawk entered a small shop, purchasing a few rounds of ammo as well as some extra supplies. Taking those along with her, she paused, seeing a matched pistol and knife set, purchasing that as well. She headed out to while some time in a bar and try to quell her migraine.

"I want something that kinda says will you be my girl, but can be easily changed to I appreciate your friendship if she rejects me." He said slowly running his fingers through his hair. He'd slept with plenty of women, for various reasons, but never had he actually wanted to be with someone. It was new and terrifying for him as he stood there.

"Um..I'll see what I've got" the old man said as he walked into the back.

(Haha, poor guy.)

Hawk had been relaxing at the bar for about a half hour, the migraine glazed over by fine whiskey. Her good mood vanished when a leering man looked her up and down, muttering something in slurred Mandarin. When she replied in a coarse refusal he grunted and backhanded her. Tasting blood the woman moved to her feet and into a thick brawl. That was ended when a large bouncer grabbed her by the scuff and tossed her out the door. She rolled in the dirt and muttered a curse, sitting up and touching a torn lip. Standing she slouched off, muttering under her breath.

Back
Top Bottom