Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Home is where the Black is (Anansi and Sorrow.)

"I see, well were following the same route." He said as he reached over and picked up a semi automatic carbine. "I mean how far apart will we get?" He asked as he stepped out of the craft and began to walk. His gait was slow and even, almost uncaring in how he moved. He could sense them, he couldn't see them, he didn't pinpoint them but he knew they were out there.

Hawk looked calm as they emerged onto the planet, her walk easy and calm, steps quiet. "Depends on what we see, no more then twenty feet." she replied easily, resting a hand on the butt of her pistol as she moved.

He shouldered the carbine and put his hands on his head walking easily as if simply taking a stroll. "Meh, we won't see much. Though I get the feeling that we will be getting alot of running in today, you picked fighting boots not running shoes." He said slowly.

"That's fine, these boots handle both." she replied easily with a shrug and slowed down. There was a nondescript building ahead, squat and grey with a man in civilian clothes near the entrance. He stood with a military erectness, and his eyes were clear, Hawk nodded "That's the place." she murmured.

"Yup, I'd guess so." He said as he stood looking at the man. "There are about five guys between here and the door, well not counting him. So I'm guessing that they want us to get to whatever it is before, and then drop our guard once we see its real before we run out." He said with a slow nod then shrugged his shoulders. "Should I shoot him or just throw him?"

Hawk looked over at the man and shrugged "Toss him enough to disorient him, so we can get in and see what's what." she replied.

Stopping he looked to the man and focused. He saw the man change stance and come towards them. With a wave of his hand however he flicked him to one side casually slamming him against the side of a nearby mule. It looked impressive but really he had just hit the man's ankle out and used his time in the air to propel him sideways. In truth it took only about ten pounds of force as the man was already in motion.

Hawk nodded and smiled "Good work, let's go." she replied, having no idea as to the mechanics of Xeno's talen, still she was more then grateful for them. She began to move to the building, pistol in hand as she ran at a light job wanting to get the job done soon.

"Meh." He simply said as he went inside. The first he did was to knock down various boxes and structures. Anything loose was knocked to the ground, here and there weapons fire went off as men clenched their hands instinctively. He made his way through the warehouse without so much as looking up.

Hawk kept at a small distance, both to keep out of the way of everything crashing down and the sense of faint unease that came each time Xeno used his abilities. She walked after him, taking a look up to scan the shadows, not seeing any movement.

He made his way to the door and grasped its handle twisting it he pulled back and recoiled clutching his head as he did so. "Gah..." He cried as he fell to one knee. "They're..here?" He seemed to ask no one in particular before struggling to his feet and staggering backwards.

"Av course they are." Hawk muttered, a fluid tide of Mandarin curses coming from her. Without breaking stride, she moved forwards stepping around Xeno as best she could, eyes narrowing as she looked around attempting to get a glimpse of the agents in wait, ready to shoot quickly.

He didn't need to think about it to do what he did. Shifting around her suddenly his eyes stared hard forward with of the way. He then lifted the crates behind him simultaneously and sent them hurtling down the hallway clearing it of only a few men. He could still feel them out there.

"Screw O'Conor, we need to get ye out av here." she stated, voice terse as she moved at his side. The job didn't matter in the least, with the risk of those that tracked Xeno nabbing him, it made her stomach clench with cold fear. She took a glance around, seeing a small doorway and nodded "There." she added, ready to move to it.

He looked down the corridor and saw it. "And how do I pay you this month?" He said jokingly as he stretched. "Get to the ship...I'm coming." He said as he tossed her the rifle and shot down the hallway. He didn't bother trying anything he just ran at full speed. The muscles of his neck stretched outwards his arms bulged and pumped as he shot into the room and leaped snagging the orb from its pedestal. Turning in air he hit the back wall feet first and pulled his revolver firing three shots in rapid succession each into the skull of an officer nearby before he pushed off and rolled before tearing back up the hallway as the doors at the end began to close.

About to respond, she frowned, catching the rifle and watched him take off. "Idiot." she stated, angry and stunned by his stunt as he moved back to her. Turning the woman began to run for the door as well, clearing it with a leap forward and turned to make sure Xeno would get through as well.

He grinned as he closed his eyes and continued his run. His training before helped with this as he could see the room perfectly but could now focus better. Slowly he focused on his own weight attempting to lift himself but managing to simply lower his weight propelling himself faster due to using the same push force on a lesser weight before he leaped through the door and rolled to one side before standing and grabbing her hand. "Time to go.."

Hawk breathed a sigh of relief and reached down to grasp his hand, pulling him up "Good work, let's get out av here." she stated, already turning back from where they came and moving at a run, keeping her eyes open for any more officers.

He kept up at a slight trot before he sighed as he looked about. He knew they weren't coming meaning they were either hopefully trapped in the base..or waiting in orbit.

The race back to the ship was eerily uneventful. Hawk entered her ship and ran up to the cockpit, getting into atmo in minutes, her mouth set into a tense line as they entered the Black. "Seems well so far Xeno, ye doing alright?" she asked, turning her head to see him.

He sat back before he sighed. "I have a headache so bad I'm considering killing myself." He said in an oddly calm voice before a trickle of blood came from his nose and dripped off his philtrum. Sitting back into the chair he sighed. "Get as far away as fast as you can, don't radio O'connor or anyone else. They won't shoot us out of the sky.."

Her mouth tensed and she nodded, tossing him a clean cloth, wordlessly steering the ship out of the area as fast as possible. "But they will track us, we can buy some time at least." she murmured, tense now.

Standing up he sighed as he went to the back. "Ground control to Major tom.." He slowly sang to himself. "Ground control to major tom...take your protein pills and put your helmet on..." He continued as he strapped on a suit before he moved towards the control panel. "Ground control to Major tom...commencing countdown engines on." As he initiated a button press and a number of round drums of sorts were lowered. "Check ignition and may god's love be with you..." He finished as he pressed a another button, the bay door opened and the barrels all lit up at one end and then fired into the coldness of space each carrying its own trail and coordinates..

Hawk frowned at the odd cadence to Xeno's voice and quirked a brow as a small group of Crybabies rolled out into the Black. "Thought we ran out av those." she muttered, feeling idiotic and worried for the change in Xeno's manner.

HE closed the bay doors and removed the helmet before placing the suit back into its container. Walking back through the hallway he slipped down into his cabin. He washed the blood from his face and sighed before he fell forward smacking his head off his sink and slumping to the floor.

Back
Top Bottom