Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Home is where the Black is (Anansi and Sorrow.)

"Rage, actually its a rage engine, its the perfected version of what was placed in River Tam's brain. More or less I fight till my opponents are gone or my body is destroyed, organ failure, aneurysms, etc, none of it would stop me, I'd just go and go." He said slowly his eyes looking up to hers before he sighed.

She kept the rush of disgust and horror that such a thing could be implanted in someone's brain out of her face, it was something that Xeno couldn't help. "Ah, I see. Has it ever been released before, there's not some fancy trigger word is there?" she asked.

"Once, I killed a battalion" He said slowly. "It ignores pain so it releases the limits on my abilities." He said slowly. "It comes from realization of possible death. Its basically the minute my life begins to flash back in my brain, I black out and when I wake up I'm usually somewhere, blood everywhere."

She nodded, taking a moment to let the words and their meaning sink in. In a cold logical way, they had done something to save his life, giving him a tool to fight on even in certain death. But it cost him a black moment in his life that he'd never be able to get back and she had the idea that that was for the best. "Hm, it hasn't happened recently, I've never seen anything like that. And as long as I'm around, I'll make sure that it won't." she murmured.

Laughing softly he leaned in and gently stroked his fingers along her jawline. Leaning up he kissed her softly. "Another thing is my body, my protein chains were all modified, more or less I can be put back together more easily than a normal person, however it has its toll." He said slowly to her before he sighed and shook his head.

"Which is why ye heal so damned fast, which makes sense." she commented with a nod. "The toll, ye getting exhausted I can see, but not anything like the small episodes I've seen in the past right?" she asked.

"I black out for a few days, my body repairs itself, that and a bit of nano tech patch me up. I mean I can ever repair organs, however say a limb is pushing it. If I get it reattached it will heal faster but full regrowth was never experimented on, most I regrew was a fingertip and that took a month.

Hawk stared at him a moment, more then a little shocked at the possibilities having such a system could have. It also made a very long shudder crawl along her spine at the thought of the power the Alliance held and the little caring that seemed to be applied to how they used it, in regards to experiments, or their projects at least. She nodded slowly "Gives reason that ye're always the one to drag my battered ass from the job." she commented, smiling shakily.

"I mean the scientist defected and one of my first orders were to kill him and his notes were incomplete so theres only..well abou two of us out there." He said slowly with a shrug. "Meh, maybe some day it'll be the other way around."

"The population reversing from the majority being normal folk, to the majority being Readers? Forgive me Xeno but that sounds more then a bit..creepyfying." she commented, leaning against the bed.

"Oh no I mean you saving me, actually, you already have." He said as he stroked his fingers along her jawline with a sigh and a laugh. Leaning up he kissed along her jawline before slowly kissing along her throat.

"You save me from being alone." He said slowly as he stroked her chin.

"Nah, you could find someone easy." He said as he kissed her stomach playfully before nuzzling it and slowly stroking her cheek once more.

"Your sex appeal threatened to usurp the established power." He said playfully as he rolled over and blew a raspberry on her stomach.

Rolling over he pinned her lightly and kissed his way up till he pressed his lips softly to hers and then nuzzled his nose to hers after.

She blinked and kissed him back, resting her arms on his back "Still confused me on ye're statement there." she commented with a smile.

"Looovvee you." He said slowly as he nipped her lips and then gently nuzzled her lovingly.

"Take me away from this messed up world and agree to marry me...we can start over then..." He sang to her playfully as he nippled her lips and nuzzled his nose to hers.

She blinked and her eyes widened "Married, ye want te settle down?" she asked, looking at him. "Start over where?" she asked, apprehensive.

"Its from a song but, I think I could do that, well in time." He said slowly as he took her hand in his. "I'd be honored to marry you, issue is I need to work a few things out."

Back
Top Bottom