Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I Don't Fit In (RainbowxRude)

Kerii shrugged a bit. She really still wasn't sure if she wasnted to be titled 'Zach's girlfriend' quite yet. She might just wait to give him an answer and make him suffer if he really wanted to know. She could feel his foot brush past her leg for a moment. It was a bit akward, but she was pretty sure he didn't mean to. He was just too tall. She was only 5'" so he was almost a foot taller than she was.

She nodded a bit at the question. "Yes, I do, but not as much as you." She said, trying to tease him a bit. She truely didn't know anyone that read as much as he did. She just stared at him, almost as if she was just expecting them to ask questiond back and forth. "Do you run at all?" She asked. She was prett sure they had nothing in common. So far they seemed to be complete opposites. She picked up her milk finally, sipping it a bit. She didn't drink it down as fast as he did.

Zach was, in fact, 6" 2' and was more than a foot taller than her. But when she said that she didn't read a much as him, he laughed a little. "No one does." He seemed to be a little nervous again. She was looking into his interests and she would find he really didn't do much. But then she asked if he ran. He bit his lip shyly and sat up, making sure that his feet were far away from her now. "Well...I used to run a lot because I wanted to be on the school soccer team. But I kinda suck so I gave up."

Another thing that people didn't know about him. After all, that was before he became king of the school. It was back when he was a shy glasses wearing freshman. No one even recognized him in his yearbook pictures. "My turn again I guess...Have you ever had a boyfriend before? No offense but you don't seem like the type who likes to date."

Kerii really was short, but she was tiny and that's why she was good at running. She didn't have much to carry. She laughed a bit as he agreed that no one did. She didn't know why he got so nerveous randomly. She listened intently as he answered. So he used to run. That could be fun, at least for her, maybe not for him. "I'm sure you can't be that bad." She said, though she wasn't quite sure. She had seen some pretty bad runners, so she was sure he couldn't be the worst.

She smirked a bit at his question, not really sure how to answer. She decided breifly would be best. "Once, freshman year. He turned out to be a real royal ass though so I dumped him. He got worse after that and ended up throwing a chair at a teacher. Ihavn't seen him since." She said with a slight smirk. She always thought it was entertaning that her ex threw a chair at a teacher. She always enjoied that part. "And how many girlfriends have you had. Under one month don't count." She added onto the end, other wise she thought the number would be to high.

Zach let out a sigh. "Well I was a perfectly good runner. I made time for the team. I just suck at soccer. I couldn't get down the field without falling on my face." He smiled and pushed his glasses up again. It was weird wearing them when he wasn't reading. He kept leaning his head down, making them fall. It was starting to get on his nerves rather quickly. But then she spoke about her boyfriend.

"I think I remember that...At least I am not that much of an ass." He gave her another silly grin. But then she asked how many girlfriends he had. "Well even counting ones under a month it is the same amount. I have never actually had a girlfriends. A lot of girls tried but I dunno...They were all so boring I never really wanted to spend time with them. They all wanted me because they thought I was popular or cute."

Kerii smiled and listened as he spoke. So he was good at running. She got the idea what maybe they could run together some time. She looked a bit simpathetic as he said he couldn't help falling on his face. She didn't really understand why unless he tripped over the ball or other people. She just shrugged, before leaning across the table, taking his glasses off carefully but quickly. "You know you can bend these slightly and it'll keep them from sliding down." She said, looking them over.

She looked up as he said he remembered. She didn't realize he had been watching her that long. She nodded though. "Ya, that's true, you're not." She said, smiling a bit. She looked a bit confused as he said he had only had about one as well. She couldn't help but laugh at his statment after that. "I don't mean to be so stereo typical but, most of the kind of girls you hang out with arn't the most intellectual." She said with a bit of a snicker.

When she took his glasses, he blinked a little, her face becoming rather blurry again, though he could still see her blue eyes. When she was done bending them, he took them back, sliding them up onto his nose slowly. He smiled as he leaned his head forward and nothing happened. This would be good. But he hadn't been watching her for that long. He had simply heard about someone throwing a chair at someone.

Then she commented on the intellectual level of the girls in his group. He blushed a little at that. "I can't help it if no one in the top fifty percent of the class is attracted to me. I suppose that is a good thing though. If she they checked class rank they would see me at number one. That wouldn't be good for my reputation. I think that is why a lot of the smarter less popular kids hate me."

Kerii smiled as he put them back on and they didn't slid down. She was proud of her skills with glasses. She learned that by always needing to fis her father's glasses. She looked off to the side, not quite sure what to do. She deciding that just looking around at the restaurant would be fairly entertaining, but there was no one to look at so it prooved to be not so great.

She looked back over to him, smirking a bit at the slight blush on his cheeks. She laughed a bit at the first half but nodded when he started talking about how the smarter kids seemed to hate him. "Ya, it's because they're jealous that they're not as smart as you nor as popular." She said, stating the truth. Anyone in their right mind would realize that. She smiled, just staring at him once more. She seemed to be doing that quite a bit now.

"I think that I will still be more popular even after I try to shake of my friends. After all...You are hot enough to justify something like this in the eyes of the shallow high school society. In fact, you being as cute as you are, might make it harder to get rid of my friends. They might not think of me dating you as a bad thing. At least not the guys. Do you know how many girls are going to hate you if we start going out?" He smiled a little more. "You will be cuter and have a cooler boyfriend than them."

And then the waiter descended with their plates. At that moment, Zach stopped talking. He looked at the waiter and decided if he flirted with Kerii again, he was officially trading that for his tip. He found himself very possessive of the girl he was trying to win.

Kerii looked a bit confused as he said he would still be popular even after he ditched his friends. She didn't quite understand until he complimented her. It actually made her blush. And as he called her cut it only made her blush a bit darker. It also made her wish she hadn't put her hair up. She just looked off to the side, not quite sure what to do. She definitly wasn't used to being complimented. She looked back over at him as he spoke about the other girls. She just shrugged. "You really think I care that they'll hate me?" She asked. She didn't care because she didn't like them either so why care?

Kerii looked over at the waiter and smiled. He seemed to try to be staying quite but Kerii smiled and said "Thank you." to him, just being polite in her mind, but he just smiled back. "My pleasure, Kerii." He said, remembering her name from earlier. She just giggled a bit as he said her name and then looked at the food, licking her lips a bit and then looking at Zach, no longer paying attention to the waiter.

"I know you don't care. And I love that about you. But I figured that I should give you a warning." When he saw how much she seemed to blush at being complimented he decided that he would do it more often. But then the waiter went out of his way to get her attention. Close enough. That would be a few more dollars that he could hold onto. So he focused on his waffles for a moment, cutting them up with his fork. She didn't notice how often she seemed to look at him now.

But he couldn't bring himself to look at her. Mostly because his annoyance was pretty obvious on his face. He had been working all day to get a smile from her and all this waiter did was say her name and he got her smiling and giggling. It was enough to make him want to punch the guy. He wasn't so much mad that he was flirting. He was mad that the waiter had so much more success.

Kerii looked at Zac as he spoke. She didn't know why he wanted to warn her. She didn't think those dim-witted could do much more than immature pranks. She just went on to cutting her pancakes and the waiter left, but not without saying to call if they needed anything. She just nodded to him and he was gone. She went back to her food, licking her lips again. It all looked so good, she was quite excited about eating it. She smiled, glancing up at Zach for a moment and noticing he was cutting his waffles so she just started wating. She was so hungry.

The waiter had so much sucess in making her smile for a few reasons. Kerii always was especially nice to waiters because she knew they had to put up with shitty people sometimes and also becuase you don't mess with people that fix your food. That and the waiter hadn't teased her at all, only been nice, even if it was just his job. By now a few more people had come in, mainly older couples and some adults, but still way too early for kids.

By the time Zach looked up he had forgotten about the waiter. After all, she looked so cute as she licked her lips. It didn't look sexual. It just looked adorable. She looked ready to devour the pancakes in front of her like she was some sort of monster. "You certainly seem to have a healthy athlete appetite." He gave her a small smile before taking a bite of his waffles. "If you want, I will take you out to breakfast every Saturday morning. Maybe I could even go running with you if I can keep up."

He realized that if he started running with her with his current schedule he would be lucky to get 2 hours of sleep. If he really wanted to spend time with her, he was going to have to change a lot of things around. But for some reason, he didn't worry about it. It only sounded like a good thing to him.

Kerii continued eating, looking up at him while chewing her food as he said she had a healthy appetite. She only ate like this on race days, every other day one would think she under ate. She smiled as much as she could without opening her mouth. She chewed and swallowed her food as he ate a bite. She tilted her head to the side at his offer. "Well it wouldn't be special if it was every Saturday." She said, though she jsut didn't really want him taking her out every Saturday to breakfast. She didn't really like people spending money on her, it made her feel like she needed to return the favor.

She smiled at the running part though. "I would like to have you run with me some time." She said "We can even run in the afternoon so you don't miss sleep and I'll slow down for you." She said, obviously trying to tease him about both sleeping in and being slower than she was. She suddenly realized that she didn't really mind the thought of going out with him. In fact she kind of wanted o just so she could get to know him better. So far he seemed like a pretty ok guy considering he wasn't being a complete ass.

Zach smiled a little more now. She didn't seem so against the idea of dating him. In fact, she seemed to be almost looking forward to it. "I will go to sleep early on Fridays. And I am sure that I am in good enough shape to at least keep up for the daily run. Once a week at least. Maybe I will stop looking like a stick." He gave her a cute smile. After spending some real time with her, he only liked her more.

He found himself wishing that they were sitting next to each other. But it was obvious she didn't want him touching her. But it was still annoying because he felt that they were getting much closer. So he decided to try and distract himself. "So...Do you still greatly dislike me now that you know me a little better?"

Kerii smiled a bit more than went back to eating. She was way too hungry to just sit around and smile. She soon finished the pancakes and moved on to the egg. She really ate fast, though that was because if she ate slow her body would register the smount she was eating quicker. She just stared at him as she ate, though her manners were excellant despite the speed. She paused, smirking a bit as he said maybe he'd stop looking liek a stick. She kind of liked him like that though.

He really was cute when other people weren't around. She still didn't really want him touching her, but she was definitly warming up to him. She listened to the question and then chewed for a moment while she thought before swallowing. Even though she didn't really have any food in her mouth, she still put her hand up just in case there was anything left in there. "No, I suppose I don't dislike you anymore." She said, pausing for a moment. "You're actually very interesting." She said sincerely. but whether or not 'interesting' could be taken as a compliment could be questionable.

Zach smirked when she said that he was interesting. "Well I suppose you only knew me as the stupid popular guy who liked to torment people. I like to think of myself as a devoted student who has managed to mingle his way into popular society and lost himself in it." He sounded like a different person as he spoke. Almost like he believed that the popular spot wasn't exactly meant for him. "I don't really care about being popular. I just kind of got addicted to it once I got it."

"And you turned out to be more interesting than I expected. I just kind of expected a girl who put up a tough front but was really kind of worried about the social structure. You really don't give a damn who is cool and who isn't. After being where I am...That is so amazing. You are kind of a perfect match for me."

Kerii nodded as he said how she must have viewed him. He hit the nail right on the head. She then listened to what he thought of himself and thought it was very amusing. He reall was intellegent. She was slightly impressed. She just went back to eating, not really quite sure what to say to it. She didn't really believe that he didn't care completely. But she was sure he probably cared about other things more and would give being popular up for them. Such as he had done for her.

She looked at him oddly as he said how he had thought she was going to be. She didn't really know whether to be insulted or not. Aperently they both thought fairly sterotypical things about one another. She smiled, pausing her eating again but soon gave him another odd look. "You htink I'm you're perfect match?" She asked, almost as if she didn't believe it. And part of her didn't SHe didn't see how they were compatable at all.

Zach nodded a little when she said that. "Of course I think we are a perfect match. I think everything about you is perfect. But if you don't think we are compatible think about it this way. At any point since you really got to know me, did you find out anything about me you don't like? And I promise you that we will spend time together. After all, half of what I do is mostly since I have nothing better to do. I think that we could be a very happy couple."

He started to eat his waffles a little faster now. It was a little weird that he had said that so easily. And to be honest, it was weird to be in this kind of situation. She could end up being his first girlfriend after all. And it wasn't like he dated the girls he had casual sex with. This was his first meal with a girl not as friends.

Kerii thought about it for a moment and she really couldn't think of anything she didn't like about him, at least nothing she had recently learned about him. She still thought he was an ass somtimes, just not when he was trying to impress her. She blushed a bit as he said they would back a happy couple. She began thinkig baout it and it was mostly true.

She started eating again, almost donw wiht her food by now. He had been talking the majority of the time she was eating so it was obvious why she was almost done. She just looked at him as she finished, but then remembered her milk. She then just sat back, sipping on that for a while. She looked around, noticing the waiter glancing at her, but when she met his gaze he looked away suddenly and went back to work. She didn't really react to that so much, not wanting Zach aymore mad at the poor guy than he already was.

When she didn't react to the waiter that time, his very strong jealous streak died down a little. She wasn't interested in the waiter so he had nothing to worry about. Then then he noticed that she was done with her food and he wasn't even halfway through his waffles. So he started to eat faster. And with his new pace it wasn't long before he was done. And soon after that, the bill arrived. He did his best to make sure she didn't see it.

Then he covertly retrieved his money before tucking it away. "So did you enjoy your breakfast?" He smiled a little more now. She seemed to have enjoyed herself even more than he had hoped. She even seemed open to the idea of actually dating him. "Maybe we could go do something for more than the hour I was promised?"

Kerii smirked a bit as she noticed him picking up his eating pace quite a bit after she finished. She would have gladly just waited for him to finish. She tried to glance at the bill, but he was too good at hiding it. She had a general idea of what it all cost, though she still wouldn't have tried to pay. He told her he'd pay and she was going to take advantage of that. She just sat back, looking off to the side.

She couldn't help but be just a bit impressed at how he tucked the money away and she didn't even get to see it. She smiled a bit. "It was delicious." She said, looking into his eyes. She really had actually enjoied herself and she hadn't expected it. She was sure he would slip up and be an ass for no reason again. She thought about his question for a moment. "Possibly. What'd you have in mind?" She asked. It depended on what he wanted to do during that time because if they were just going to sit around then she wouldn't want to.

Zach smiled a little when she seemed willing to spend more time with him. "Well...We could do a few things. I am sure you want to learn more about me before you decide whether or not to date me. And I would love to learn more about you. So it should be somewhere we can talk. And we don't have to go to just one place. We do have a whole day left. So how about you pick something and I pick something for starters?"

He seemed to be rather happy with himself. After all, he had taken her from disliking him to considering being his girlfriend in only one meal. He started to ponder the seductive powers of his purple glasses. If this didn't work out, they could be a powerful weapon in the effort to rule the school. And it would make reading so much easier.

Kerii was a bit surprised be his egarness. She nodded a bit as he said she would like to learn more about him. And she didn't really know what to do as he said he would love to learn more about her. She didn't really know what to say. She thought about it for a moment and then decided it was worth a shot. "Ok, that sounds like a good plan." She paused, thinking of a place for a moment. "How about the park?" She asked. Only little kids, their moms, and couples on picnics liked to go to the park. She figured they wouldn't be spotted by anyone they knew there.

She really did like his glasses, but they weren't the main reason she had stopped disliking him to being nutral with him. Though they did help, the fact that he stopped being an ass helped even more. She was a bit more focused on how quickly she had someome flirting with her just because they could see her eyes. She was sure she could use that to her advantage at least once.

Zach nodded a little when she suggested the park. "The park is good. After all, there is no risk of anyone seeing you with me there." He smiled a little but this time it wasn't exactly the 'you are gorgeous and I am having fun' smile. It was more of an 'I am smarter than you think' kind of smile. So he stood slowly before stretching a little, his whole body cracking a little. "I still have another hour before I am usually even awake. I wonder what a park is like this early."

But as soon as he broke eye contact with her, he went into the usual way of thinking. It was usually reserved for when he was with the popular kids he didn't like. But he didn't really control it anymore. He was thinking of the books he was reading and all of the things he could do to study. But as always, he was listening to everything around him, and even if it wasn't on purpose, he was especially listening to Kerii.

Kerii nodded as he picked out the reason she picked the park with ease. She smiled, not really caring what his smile was saying. She knew he was smart, he had to be smart to be the top of his classes like he was. She stood a bit after he did, stretching a bit. She groaned softly at the amazing feeling of the stretch. When they were at the park she would be able to stretch a bit. She really needed to, it would feel great. She smirked a bit at his question. She thought it to be very amusing that he was aperently never up early in the morning.

She glanced at her watch then tapped it for a second then held it to her ear. "Shit..." She mumbled, taking it off and shaking it and then looking at it again. She sighed and turned, grabbing her small backpack and sticking it in there. She would have to remember to get it fixed sometime soon. Hopefully before her next run. She hated how fast she went through watches. She was just too rough with them, not like she could really help it though.

Back
Top Bottom