Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Reggie and Death] Office Hours.

Deathonator

Super-Earth
Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

Selena De Kroes took a deep breath, stepping into the large building. The eighteen years old was not used to being in presence of all the serious looking people with briefcases and cups of Starbucks coffee. Usually, such a thing would make her grin, make a comment about just how cheesy such things were yet at that very moment she was in a state quite similar to awe. The female's heart was pounding against her ribcage at the idea that soon she would be working with these people.

Certainly, she would not get to meet any attractive guys, nor did she have much merit in getting the internship in the large company as her father was one of its two owners, but the mere idea of acting like an adult and having her own desk was exciting. Briefly shaking her head, she took a last glance into the mirror and entered the elevator filled with people talking on their cellphones.

Unconsciously, the female's hand darted to her head, briefly messing up the rich waves of dark brown hair. No matter how much she hated to admit it, she was stressed. Glancing at her Blackberry, she realized that she was fifteen minutes early and decided to take that time for a last checkup. Changing her target to pass by the bathroom, she stood in front of the mirror, closely inspecting herself. She hastily applied a light layer of transparent gloss, refreshed the line of black eyeliner smudged along her upper and lower eyelids and applied her mascara. That done, she studied her clothes that were terribly uncomfortable to the girl used to be wearing jeans and simple tops. Presently, however, she was forced to wear a tight black knee long skirt with cut on the back that clung tightly to her round ass and slender legs, along with a white dress shirt that highlighted her small waistline and flat stomach although prevented her to breathe at the level of her chest from the fear of the button popping. The black leather pumps were growing somewhat uncomfortable, but they were her favorite part of the outfit, making her feel sophisticated and grown - after all, it was hard to achieve with a height of five feet and three and a half inches.

Leaving the bathroom, she made her way to the desk she has been assigned. It was far from as good looking as her father's office, where she has been a few times, and the two walls that separated her from everyone else gave little privacy yet everyone had to start somewhere. Her father and her have agreed that she needed experience which would not be gained if she wasn't to be put along with the other employees. Heck, she doubted anyone knew who she was, not even the old man's partner.

The first part of the day passed by swiftly. At first, the girl was tutored by a supervisor: told what she was supposed to do, how the company functioned and how her real work would start in the afternoon. By the time three o'clock arrived, she was finally granted a half an hour of break. Standing up from the desk, she winced, feeling as though her legs were stuffed with cotton from the prolonged sitting but it did not subdue her enthusiasm. A pleased smile played on her plump lips as she made her way to the room reserved for employees.

Entering it, she discovered it to be bigger than she had expected, with a small cafeteria instead of a mere vending machine. Buying herself a fruit salad and a Coke - the two things that seemed to be most edible at the moment, and took a seat at an empty table. Everyone was considerably older than her - the youngest person most likely aged of twenty five or so, but she was certain that she would make acquaintances if not friends.

After all, as her father strived her to be, she was a rather bright girl, able to sustain a conversation or simply do as people wanted to please them. Absently chewing on her food, she studied everyone, trying to find at least one attractive face - somewhat of a bad habit.

He was late but only by an hour. "Things could be worse" the man speeding down the freeway in a maroon Cadillac. He was a spoiled rich kid, not so much a kid anymore. He was thirty two, where did the years go? He was much happier in High School. His parents were beyond well off and he was able to slack off and party through his five years at his school. He had inherited his father's business that he co owned with one of his college buddies. Last summer his father passed away leaving him his half of the share of the company. David Grey, once a spoiled kid was a was one of the heads an a major insurance firm.

It took David months to get a hang of it. He fooled around a lot spending a lot of money and not making much to even it out. His dad's friend, the other owner of the company, mentored him showing him around the offices. Teaching him how to run the business. David respected the old man but his ways of doing things were just that...well old. David had other ways of running things. He didn't want to be buried in paperwork and taxes like his father was. That's what killed him and his dad's friend now turned business partner was getting up in the years as well. David would never be one to wish death on anyone but once the old man was gone he'd have the company all to himself unless the man had children of his own but this possibility was scarce, he sure he would have met them at one of his father's company's meetings.

David wasn't about doing back taxes and talking to accountants all day. He was about getting the clients. The Old man was the brains behind the company while David was the charm. Fast cars, expensive cuisine, young women, and afternoons at the golf course were what made him and his company stand out. He could get any client he wanted to it just go through the usual routine, pick them up in the company limo filled with vodka and women that could be taken as super models. Then he would take them all out to the golf course, then lobster for lunch. After an afternoon like that David could get them to sign anything.

David pulled into the reserved parking lot with Bustin' Out by Rick James blasting over his car speakers. He stepped out of his car waving to a few of the secretaries out having a smoke break. Two men approached him. "Jonathan! Billy Boy!" He said to the two men, they were his two favourite employees. "I just picked these up, you smoke Dave?" the balding man Bill asked him offering him a cigar. "No, I quit after High School. I own this place now, why would I need those to pick up the women?" He asked him with a laugh. The truth was for as much of a wealthy young bachelor he didn't get nearly as many women as people thought. A few at the bar but he usually hook them up with his clients. He dabbled in the secretary pool a little bit but word spreads quick and he liked to maintain a good reputation.

"Your lose" Jonathan replied shaking his head walking by him shouting behind him, "We're off to lunch and you're just getting here? Ha!" He laughed and he entered his car. Bill lowered his voice "There's a new girl working here, she's a sweet looking thing. I'd check her out because if you won't I'll take a whack at her."

"She'll surely be charmed with those manners" David said sarcastically. Waving away Bill as he strolled into the building. He got to the elevator and went to his office on the top floor. He thought about what Bill said, maybe he would try and track this girl down. He looked into the mirror. Thirty two was getting up there but he tried to look his best. Cleanly shaved except for a small soul patch on his lower lip. Short and combed hair. He was no Mr. Universe but he went to the gym on a weekly basis to take care of all his clientele lobster meals and it looked like it was paying off. He also tried to dress professionally but not like the old stiff in this place like his business partner. He dressed in a black golf shirt with khaki pants. Nothing too fancy but better than what he wore in back in College and High School.

He looked at the clock. 12:30, lunch time and he only been at work for about an hour now and had accomplished absolutely nothing. Well it's a typical day at the office. He went to the lunch room completely forgetting all about his quest to meet this apparently new and beautiful girl Bill had early suggested to him. The problem with being a head of the office is that everyone he met kissed up to him making meaningless chit chat. By the time he got to the lunch room he was rubbing his temples due to a headache.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

The young woman lazily picked on her salad, her left hand brushing her fingers accross the little roll on her cellphone. Smart phones were most likely the world's best invention - from her point of view, of course. E-mails, messengers and text messages combined were pure bliss. Quickly responding to the last gossip from her friends, she informed them about her job and the absence of attractive males before finally concentrating on her food.

A part of her regretted telling her father not to approach her while she was working - she didn't want a special treatement, but sitting at lunch alone was not part of the things she loved most. Leaning back against the chair, she sipped her coke, tapping her fingers against the table while her sharp gaze took in everyone.

She enjoyed studying people; it was amusing to imagine what kind of lives they led. The slightly overweight, middle aged woman with provokative red clothes and matching lipstick most likely lived with thirty cats. The man flirting with the three women seemed to have homosexual tendencies. Some disguised themselves to be what they would never achieved while others tried to hide their reality. Sometimes, she wondered if a job as a detective or something of sorts wouldn't have been a more amusing choice.

Suddenly, her glance fell upon a young man that people seemed to appreciate. Arching an eyebrow, she unconsciously brushed her tongue accross her lips, wondering who he really was. Probably a player. Rolling her eyes at that idea, she stood up, leaving the small plastic container in the garbage. It was almost time for her break to end and she wasn't about to waist it sitting. She liked to explore, and explore she would.

Brushing past everyone, giving a brief nod to the few people she has already met, she headed to the door. Noting that the newcomer was rubbing his temples however, she smirked, sliding her hand into her bag to pull out a small pack containing a Tylenol - most likely her favorite drug. ''Here, try this,'' she grinned, her voice low and smooth, boldly sliding the container into his hand before resuming her target.

His headache was getting increasingly worse and worse. He glanced around the lunchroom and noticed about only a dozen or so people. Most people went out to eat or the over worked employees just skipped their break. David and the old man were pretty tough when it came to their employees if they weren't worth what they were paying they were out. No second chances. No warnings. You either were good at what you did or weren't it was really as simple as that. David was unfortunately the one who tended to do most of the firings, it wasn't pleasant but it was part of running things.

He noticed the girl. She was young, like really young. Was it bring your daughter to work day? No, that couldn't be it. She looked old enough to be in university but there's no way she was old enough to have graduated from it. Most of their employees needed college or university business degrees. She could have been a low ranking secretary, some newbie that took care of someone's no one cared about business. Oh the secretary pool, how fun was it to take a dip in that. He would have probably approached the girl if it wasn't for his head.

He studied the girl his gaze lingering on her for a minute or two then he leaned against the wall and closed his eyes. He heard a voice and when he opened his eyes there she was. "Thanks" He said pocketing the pills. "I'll drown it down with some vodka and take a long nap, should be a productive afternoon." He said holding out his hand. "I don't believe we've met, I'm David Grey. Typically I don't take drugs from strangers but I might rare exceptions" He gave her a wink and tried to manage a smirk but he wasn't feeling as pleasant as he would normally be speaking to such an attractive young woman.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

The girl blinked as she heard the voice, already having turned away to leave. However, a few minutes spent talking to an attractive man were something she would rarely say no to, even in this case where she was certain he was nothing but a mindless playboy. Turning around, she gave him a full smile this time, her plump lips uncovering the pearl white teeth in a seducive curve.

Listening to him speak, she took a hold of his hand, her grasp gentle although rather firm. Her gaze meanwhile briefly took in every detail she missed from afar. He was indeed attractive; the shirt clearly disguised a well built body and his masculine face was something she usually fell for. Of course, aside the sin of lust she has already tagged him with, he had a flaw - the man seemed to be in his late twenties or early thirties, meaning about fifteen years older than herself. Heck, he was most likely married to some blonde bimbo. After all, from the way the other employees looked at him he was most likely in a high position and that alone was enough to draw a woman.

''Hm, if that's what they call productive here,'' she replied in an amused fashion, the husky notes in her low voice somehow making the most innocent of phrases sound flirty. Usually, when in a conversation with someone, especially as old as him, she took on a mature air that came rather naturally. This was no exception. ''I'm Selena Blake, and I don't believe we met. I'm fairly certain I would have remembered you,'' she chuckled, using the last name of her mother's as she and her father have agreed to do.

The wink was quite flattering, but she could see just how much of a headache he had. ''You look quite awful though and while I would have just loved to stay and help you heal it, I better get back to work,'' she grinned, spinning around to leave the room. There were no words to describe how fast her heart was beating at that point, nor how stupid she felt; what was she even thinking, flirting with an older man?

"I usually get a masseuse to heal all of my aches and pains so I don't see how you could without a sexual harassment case and I've had enough of those at my time here" He jokingly responded. Now that they were face to face he had time to study her more proficiently. Very nice legs he noticed briefly checking her out while pretending to check the time. She was a fine young thing but it was too soon to act on it. He wasn't sure who she was and he was not willing to embark on someone's daughter or niece.

"Blake, that sounds awfully familiar. Have you been here long?" He asked her letting go of her hand. He noticed she was in a rush to get back to work. He needed to get this headache figured out before he tried anything and he needed to do some detective work. "Ah, you're one of those all work no play type of girls" He said walking along with her.

"I need to get back to my office to take these" He pointed to his pocket where he had stored the pills she had given him for his headache, "What kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't want you to yours, it's not like I'm going to get much work done today in my condition" He chuckled to himself slightly bolting a head of her to hold the door open for the girl.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

The girl smiled, shaking her head. ''No, actually it's my first day here,'' she replied light heartedly, dismissing the comment about sexual harassement, simply because she wasn't sure if he was fully joking. ''Blake is a common name. And if that's what you want to believe,'' she laughed softly at the comment about all work and no play.

Arching her eyebrows, she smirked, looking around. Although her father promised not to meddle with her things, she was fairly certain that he would have several people watching over her. Most probably someone would report that she and David met eachother - and probably mention the proximity at which the two were located when speaking.

Not quite eager to get her father's lesson about flirting with older men - especially those working where she was, she didn't know how to react. ''Oh, but I don't think that other employees would like it much,'' she stated, briefly motioning to the few women with coffee cups murmuring something about the male. ''So I'll just see you later,'' she waved briefly and once again turned away from him to walk off to the desk that belonged to her. In process, her hips swung back and forth in an almost inviting fashion, the girl remaining graceful no matter how fast she walked.

She simply returned to the office, returning to her work - most of it paper related.

Before David could respond she was gone. Gave him the cold shoulder. He wandered up to the elevator in a daze wondering where he went wrong. He met Jonathan and Bill in the elevator coming back from lunch. They went up silently together Bill whistling with his hands in his pockets, Jonathan staring at his watch and David staring at the lighted floor up at the top of the elevator door waiting for his stop. Evenually Bill broke the awkward silence.

"So did you get a date or what!?!" He shouted turning to David. "I bet he got passed the date and went with the good stuff you sly dog, you." David was not in a good mood, he got the first cold shoulder from a woman in quite sometime plus he had this headache, surprisingly enough the conversation with the girl had caused the headache to decrease slightly. "Shouldn't you two be working, it appears your late from lunch" He frowned getting off his stop not in the mood for his friends antics.

He got out the keys to his office door and locked it behind him closing the curtains before looking over the whole city. It was beautiful, born and raised here. He peered over at the school he used to be a student at. Thirty two, what happened. He remembered when he played street hockey with the kids in the neighborhood just on that street. He pointed out to a small street a couple blocks away to no one in particular. Now he was staring over the city in his dad's old office. He felt like he had gone such a distance but was it worth it? Sometimes he wished he had worked a little harder and actually earned his high position in this city, his city.

He turned on CNN, something about a woman giving birth to multiple children, nothing of interest. He closed the curtains, poured himself a couple shots of Smirnoff and took the pills dozing off onto his couch with the light buzz of the TV and the florescent lights. A nap would do him well. He had a meeting at the end of the week and needed the rest anyways. David was a people person after all and he always on to be on.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

Selena returned to the comfortable leather chair, briefly spinning on it. Two large stacks of paper were piled up in front of her; since she was just starting out, the quantity of work was not very high and the two piles were for the three days that remained until the end of her week. However, she wasn't the type to procrastinate at work and preferred to set herself a challenge: do things as fast and as well as possible.

Flipping the pages, she studied the fleeting numbers and letters, trying to grasp their meaning. At first, it was quite easy: page after page she entered data, edited the mistakes, made sure that everything was correct. Soon enough, however, she found her mind wandering about - mainly back to David.

She wondered if she has left too swiftly; he would probably ignore her and pretend the brief conversation never even took place. Whatever, she tried to tell herself, but hormones remained hormones and she couldn't help but think of his self assured attitude. Why was it that men like him made women's hearts accelerate?

Suddenly, she found herself pulled out of the work by a phone call. She blinked, pulling the phone up. ''Selena Blake speaking,'' she spoke in a polite, professional manner only to hear her father's voice. ''Selena, come up to my office please,'' he spoke coolly, making the girl wince. Hopefully he hadn't heard of her acquaintance.

She stood up, informing the supervisor who nodded and allowed her to leave. Walking up to the elevator, she pressed the top button, leaning back against the wall. The top executives were located there. Stepping out of the small room, she looked around, noticing the several offices. Reading the names as she walked, she suddenly read David Grey. Looking to the side, she realized that her father's office was located an office away from it.

''Shit,'' she told herself, hopefull that the man wouldn't see her there. Finally, she entered her father's office. There, she was happy to discover that he only wanted to get a checkup on her - make sure she liked what she did, was treated properly and so on. Finally, a half an hour later she stepped out, her arms wrapped around her father's neck. ''I love you,'' she cooed, delivering him a kiss on the cheek that could have been misunderstood from afar. ''I love you too,'' the man replied before shutting his office once again and letting the girl leave.

David woke up, it was 6:00. He felt extremely relaxed and much better. Headache completely gone and he completely forgot about the girl whom he had met earlier that afternoon. He needed to do some work today to impress his partner. He was happy with his position. He may have not seen eye to eye with his father's friend but if wasn't for him and his dad he would not be here. David didn't even want to think about where he would be. He was a slacker in High School and he had only gotten his job by blood not skill. Luckily he had picked up some skills along the way and not remained completely useless.

He phoned up one of his clients Brian arranging various deals. At least he got some money for the company today. Whatever, David would call today a sick day which wasn't exactly a lie. He stepped out of the office to see if Bill or Jonathan were still around to head off to some restaurant. When he stepped out of the door he narrowly missed a woman. "Hey, be caref.... Oh, it's you. My apologies Selena" He told the girl quietly gathering his briefcase he had just dropped.

"Sorry about what happened earlier, I didn't mean to distract you from your work. I hope you weren't late but hey" He pointed to his head with a genuine grin this time, "that Tylenol you gave me worked, much thanks." For 6:00 at night it had gotten pretty dark outside and it seemed much later, he hoped it wasn't though however he started to notice some people in the hall way getting putting on their jackets and getting ready to return to their family.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

Selena winced as someone bumped into her, yet as she raised her eyes, about to say something she found herself facing David. She quickly kneeled down to collect all the things that he dropped to the floor, biting down on her lower lip. She feared that the male has witnessed her brief scene of affection with her father - it wasn't something she would want to explain. Especially if instead of mentioning it to her he mentioned it to someone else and caused rumours to run about.

''It's fine,'' she smiled warmly, her bright gaze traveling over the male's face as she stood up. ''I was on time, thanks,'' she replied carefully, sounding almost apolodgetic. ''Well, that's great,'' she stated, one of her arms nervously darting to the other one, her hand caressing her elbow. She didn't know what else to say, for several reasons. A part of her realized that she was too young to even think about flirting with him, another feared her father would step out of his office at the wrong office.

Especially because he offered to give her a lift home after work. ''So...I better leave you now. You must be awfully busy,'' she smiled again, heading towards the elevator.

David had decided to give the girl another shot or at least let her give him another shot. If things didn't work at least he tried. His father always told him to grasp every opportunity and that's precisely what he would do. "Actually not busy at all, I was going out to get a bite to eat. I'm quite hungry after that headache since I was too ill to have any lunch." He wondered what time she got off work then the thought crossed his mind about what she was doing up here. This hall was for high ranking executives only.

Had someone got to her before him? Damn that Bill or maybe it was Jonathan. It was act now or never or surely Selena would be seduced by someone with a wad of green dollar bills. "I was actually looking for some company, what time do you get off work?" He asked her innocently as though she was there at the right time in the right place and he hadn't been planning this. He forgot how taken by her he was until he bumped into her again. He didn't believe in fate but his crappy day might have taken a turn for the good. Perhaps lady luck was smiling on him.

"Actually don't even worry about work, I'll call your supervisor and tell them I'm giving you a personal company orientation" He thought about what a personal orientation could involve briefly then returned to reality, "I noticed you hardly ate anything at lunch and you're probably just as hungry as me. I like to get to know my employees, we're all one big family here. Hell you could even think of the old man beside me as a dad" He laughed at his own joke. "My treat, your choice, lobster or chinese or Italian or maybe even just some pizza or ice cream." He hoped she would accept his offer.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

The girl blinked as rather than being dismissed she was spoken to as though she wasn't just a lowly employee. She arched her eyebrows, unable to prevent a genuine smile, with nothing behind it, spread accross her lips. Tilting her head slightly, she took a step back in, shrugging. Well I could keep you company. I'm almost done now,'' she purred softly, momentarily forgetting about the fact that her father was in the office next door. She was rather happy by the fact that her 'boss' was showing her an interest, although not quite certain about what kind of interest it was.

''Truth to be told, I am quite hungry,'' she blushed slightly, feeling her stomach twist at the mention of food. She hadn't expected the work to be so demanding, and her small dinner was far from sufficient. A quiet sigh escaping her lips, she shrugged. The entire concept of expensive food at large corporations was something she didn't much understand. A teenager, she was fully satisfied with pizza or fast food. ''Chinese would be just fine,'' she replied, her smile growing from the comment about thinking about the man next door as her dad.

''Hm, that would be a hard thing to do,'' she laughed slyly, hopeful yet again that a misinterpretation wouldn't take place. ''So...what now?'' She wondered, rather uncertain about what to do next.

"How about I walk you done to my car, it may smell like cigar I'm afraid I had some clients in it." He thought about it and thought it wouldn't be the greatest idea if he held out his arm for her. Probably too soon he thought to himself. "Chinese sounds great, if you're into shrimp they probably have the best in town even more so than the sea food place surprisingly" he suggested as he ran about every restaurant he had been to in the city. He lost count, just under a hundred he guessed. He went out every night and afternoon for food. His mother always teased that he needed a woman to show him how to use the kitchen.

The fact was David's love life was complicated, well it wasn't that complicated because there wasn't much there. He had serious relationships about twice a year that typically ended up as a disaster. He had a few flings here and there with some of the secretaries every other week or so but he tried to keep that as a down low. He didn't want any sexual harassment claims and he really did respect his employees, including the secretaries and as far as he knew no one had any ill words for him.

As he walked with Selena to the elevator he asked her about herself. "Come on, share with me. What do you do here? How did you get the job? How are you finding the company?" David was curious to know because he interviewed many of the employees or they were interviewed by one of his people he did not recognize any mention of a Selena on any of the forms. If he had interviewed her he would have definitely recognized her. She was definitely the youngest woman here, He figured she was about twenty or so.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

Selena chuckled at the comment about his car smelling like cigar and shrugged. ''It's alright, I think I'll be fine,'' she replied, following him towards the elevator. The level they were on stressed her out for an obvious reason and the faster they were out of the building the better. She entered the small cabin, waiting for him to close the door and press the button. Watching the levels flow by, she found herself hoping that no one would enter, and for the first few levels her hopes were coming true.

''Oh, sounds great,'' she smiled, not mentioning that she didn't really like shrimps. Leaning back against the elevator, she studied him with a smirk, wondering how exactly the evening would end. A part of her was drawn by the purely taboo aspect of the situation while another was afraid. She wasn't sure if any kind of physical affection was appropriate in such a case, and didn't exactly want to be viewed as the company's whore. Biting on her thumb, she found herself lost in thoughts for a few brief moments until she heard his questions.

Thinking of an answer that would be truthfull yet didn't say too much, she grinned. ''Why, I work here. Mostly paperwork,'' she stated, cocking her head to the side. ''The company's great, I hope to stay here for as long as possible,'' she continued, one question remaining. ''As for how I got it...Let's just say I got lucky,'' she chuckled, a sly expression on her face. At that moment, a woman entered the elevator, watching over the two before turning her attention back to the doors. She then waited for the elevator to reach the floor they waited for, quickly stepping outside. ''And what about yourself? It would seem that you aren't just an employee among others,'' she stated, her gaze briefly coming in contact with his.

That was a loaded question and he wasn't too sure how to respond. He wanted to be honest with her but he didn't want to intimidate her either. He felt in this scenario honesty was the best policy. "I hold 50% of the share of this company, but I leave most of the paper work to my partner. I get the clients and break out the deals. I got the job by luck as well you might say. However with replies like that you're going to make me feel guilty for taking out someone's daughter" He said teasingly as they got to the ground floor.

He took his keys out and used the remote and unlocked his maroon Cadillac. "I'm still tired from the nap, you want to take it for a spin?" He asked her as he throw the keys lightly in her direction, "But I call shotgun." He was in a rather good mood now. He loved the city at night, the lights of the cars and neon signs made him feel intoxicated. A feeling he seemed quite attached too. Ran in the family he guessed.

"If it gets too late I can always drive you home but I might have to stop by the office to get some things first, hopefully we won't be out all night. I need to get you home before curfew." He actually was hoping the complete opposite, he hated his apartment, it was dull and lonely. "How old are you anyways, youngest girl we have on staff is twenty four and you look much younger than that." He asked curiously.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

The girl almost blushed at the end - both because of the presence of words 'taking out' and the mention of her bring someone's daughter. He was so close to the truth, yet didn't seem serious whenever he mentioned it. She felt bad about that - if they were to start any kind of a relationship, a friendship or a flirt, starting it with lies wasn't the best thing to do. However, her father explicitly stated that she wasn't supposed to mention it to anyone. ''Oh, I see,'' she smiled, seemingly impressed yet careful not to do too much. ''Well, I got lucky,'' she teased back, following him before catching the keys.

''Really? Sure,'' she beamed, always happy to drive a pretty car. She loved her own car, but a Cadillac was always nice as well. Getting into the car, she arched her eyebrows. ''Alright,'' she laughed, kicking off her high heels since they were extremely uncomfortable to drive in. She loved the city at night as well and could drive around for hours. ''Do I get to drive wherever I want then?'' She wondered, not caring if she displayed her more innocent, childish side.

Turning the ignition, she leaned back against the seat, arching her eyebrows. ''You have a curfew?'' She wondered with a grin, the car starting to roll down the street towards the highway. ''And maybe I'm that young, or maybe I just look good. You'll never know,'' she laughed, simply driving about. It seemed that she was an experienced driver, and it was almost the case - she could drive around for hours and often did so. Driving off towards a simple chinese restaurant, she circled around just for the fun of it. ''Do you always take female employees out to supper?'' She wondered in an amused way, turning her head to look at him as they paused in front of a red light.

"Only the strange females who offer me drugs in lunchrooms and I repay by almost putting that certain girl into a coma" He responded to her question jokingly. David got out of the passenger seat and locked the door behind while moving to her side of the car and opened the door for you while reaching over and grabbing the keys. "This one isn't a keeper Miss Selena, but you're free to test drive it anytime." He said putting the keys into his pocket.

He walked to her to the door of the restaurant. "This is a lovely place, hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I do. Anything on the menu you want, it's all on me. Consider it your welcome to the company dinner. Plus after your driving I think I've lost most of my appetite" He laughed and greeting the waiter at the front door. "Table for two please, possibly by a window, I enjoy looking at the city's night life especially at this time of year." The waiter led them to an empty table by a window. Tonight wasn't that bad, only a few tables were full so the restaurant was pretty quiet and the service was good. David thanked and tipped the waiter before he departed. David pulled out a chair for his young dinner guest. He may have been spoiled by his father but he was also taught how to be a gentleman.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

The woman laughed softly, nodding. Good answer, she told herself, pushing her feet back into the pumps and stepping out of it. ''Sounds good,'' she chuckled about the free test driving. Of course, she doubted that the other employees would appreciate her doing that. She followed him into the restaurant, giving him a smile. ''Mhm, it is,'' she replied, hopeful that she wouldn't meet anyone she knew that night - she did choose the place she only went to once or so.

''Oh? I could have sworn I'm a good driver, I just like speed,'' she chuckled, taking a seat, rather surprised that he wasn't the haughty type that treated women like meat. Such men weren't rare in the school she used to go to and she was certain that the college she entered wouldn't be much different with the preppy brainless boys. ''The city is great to look at,'' she smiled when the two of them were finally seated, briefly glancing over the menu. The situation took away most of her hunger but the faint smell of chinese food brought it right back. Deciding to go for something rather simple and not expensive, she leaned back against the chair, making herself comfortable. Waiting for him to make his order, she made hers, resting her elbows on the edge of the table. ''So, David,'' she spoke slowly, thinking in the process. ''Doesn't someone like you have a wife or kids to go to after work?'' She wondered, not exactly eager to do something to damage a family.

David ordered a small plate of shrimp, chicken balls and Chinese styled rice. He turned to Selena, she looked remarkable, even more so in the restaurant than in the office. He thought it might be due to the moon shining through the window. It was approaching eight, getting pretty late and he hope he wasn't keeping her from plans with friends or family. "What would you care to drink? Champagne? Wine? Milkshake?" He asked her after he ordered his meal.

"Wife and kids?!?" He gave out a small chuckle at the notion of the thought. "I take that as an insult Selena, someone in my position, 50% share of a well off company should be bringing home supermodels every night. Not being held down, but I'll let you in on a secret" He leaned across the table and whispered in her ear, "I'm not much of a player as I present myself to be." He leaned back in his seat with a grin. "Hell, I'm lucky to be seen with you in some a exotic place." He watched a family walk by with a stroller. "Well, maybe not so exotic."

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

Selena studied the busy streets that gradually emptied out as the sun set, life relocating to the beach and other hot spots. The moon was beautiful, contrasting with the bright neons. ''Hm? I'd be fine with orange juice,'' she grinned sheepishly, inwardly cursing herself a moment later. Orange juice? Very mature, you could totally be a hot thirty five years old, she thought grumpily. However, his following words tore her out of the internal battle.

''Oh,...I doubt that I would do the same, but what would I know about that,'' she chuckled, finding the role she took rather amusing. Of course, things wouldn't be very pretty if they grew closer and he found out later on. Arching her eyebrows as he leaned in, she felt shivers run down her spine. ''Mhm, I won't tell anyone,'' she nodded, her bright gaze trailing over him. She dismissed the following remark, not certain whether it was a disguised insult or compliment. Studying the family with a stroller she laughed before turning her attention back to him. ''So, no wife, no kids, no supermodels. What do you do then?'' She wondered with a feline smile, taking a sip of the orange juice that has been quickly brought to her.

David was surprised when Selena ordered Orange Juice. "Interesting choice" he commented with a sly smirk. While he leaned into to her ear to whisper what he mentioned previously he caught her scent. Everything about this woman was amazing. She was charming, attractive, intelligent, funny, and somewhat mysterious. He wanted to unlock those secrets. However he was at a lose of what this even was. Was it merely a boss welcoming one of the many new employees. He never really did this for anyone in the past, but he liked to get to know every single one of his employees personally. Was this a date, he had no idea. He had never been so confused in his life but he continued to play his cool. Whatever happened happened and that's the end of that chapter.

"What do I do? That's a good question, I don't do much. I'm still trying to learn what my father did." He gave a small sigh his smile fading as he downed his drink within a few seconds. "I'm trying to figure out what there is to do. I ask myself the same question every morning." David put the glass on the table and asked to see what was for a coffee. "You want one?" he asked his a small smile returned to his face.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

The girl smiled as he mentioned that her choice was interested. She merely shrugged, yet the smile quickly faded away as the following response followed. Her hand instinctively slid over to rest on top of his in an attempt to show him comfort. It was a reflex, a brief moment during which she forgot that she was a young new employee and he was her boss. She cursed herself and retreated her hand a few inches, deciding that it was best that way. She had no idea what they were doing together - while it seemed to be more of a date than just an official meeting.

''I'm sorry, about your father,'' she muttered, figuring that the wounds were still fresh. She shivered, imagining how she would have felt at his place. ''No, thanks,'' she smiled back. ''I'll stick to my juice,'' she teased, her gaze digging into his one - timid yet bold at the same time. A part of her wanted to end up doing something she would most likely regret further on, or at least be forced to regret by her father. ''That must be hard though, you're too young to be a CEO,'' she stated, her fingers playing with the glass of jucie.

{When the hell is this going to reach to page two? Sheesh, I feel like I'm on a hamster wheel.)

"Young, I think you have me mistaken. I'm getting up in the years he told the young woman he was with. He felt even older when he looked at her. Old in comparison. However he felt young when he was with her, it was a strange feeling indeed. He looked at his watch, it was 8:30 in the evening. "I should take you home it's getting late you don't want to sleep in when you have work in the morning he told her." He waved his arm towards the waiter asking for a check(ew, americano) and got out his wallet pulling out of a few bills and putting them on the table giving their service an overwhelming tip. It was getting pretty dark and he still had some quick things to finish up at the office. " I hope you don't mind if I drop off at the office quickly." He asked her getting up from the table.

He led Selena to the car noticing an older couple in the parking lot. It was friends of his father, they approached. "Hi Dave, I see you've finally decided to settle down, good for you. Your father always said to find a nice girl and give him and your mother some grand children." The woman said greeting the two of them with a big smile "So young though, I thought you would have gone with someone more of your age..." she said looking Selena up and down with a somewhat of a disproving look. " Come on Mary, we have to get home. Don't listen to her Davey ol' boy, it's better to nab a young one than regret it later." The man said giving his wife the same disproving look she gave to Selena. The old woman elbowed her husband and they left with a small wave. David turned a little red with embarassment not even being table to get a word in with the old couple. "Sorry, friends of the family" he explained to her.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

''You're still young,'' she rolled her eyes, disliking the fact that he referred to himself as old. It made her feel like a child. She nodded briefly as he asked for the check and stood up as well. Following him to the car and noticing the couple approach, she froze. Rumours ran fast, and it reminded her how risky being with him was. She listened to everything the old woman said, giving the male a smile. Someone more of your age. That phrase had struck her most. It was stupid of her to even consider anything. Biting on her lower lip, she waited for the two to pass, her enthusiasm and good mood subsiding.

However, a light blush played on her tanned skin as they left. ''It's fine,'' she managed a smile. ''Thanks for tonight,'' she added after a brief pause, leaning up against his car while waiting for further instructions.

Back
Top Bottom