Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the kitchen.

Anansi

Supporter
Supporter
Cooking,one of the most fun and infuriating things one can enjoy. Im on my phone so I cant post too long but I wanted to make a thread dedicated to all things food and cooking. Yes Im a guy, yes I cook on my own and I enjoy it. Anything culinary goes here recipes, equipments, likes dislikes doesnt matter.

I'm a little on the sleepy side, but tomorrow I'll dig up the recipe for the notorious armadillo cake >_>

I like baking cookies. I make the best in the house... my opinion. I also for most of the cooking in the house. I cook allot.. I also clean the dishes. Hmmmmmm I think Im going to make cookies tomorrow. Ill post the cookie recipe I use tomorrow as well.

Honestly, I suck at cooking.
If I don't have a recipe that I am supposed to follow, I can't cook.
On top of that, I'm well, lets just say I can burn water.
My parents have basically kept me out of the kitchen because of this one time when I was eleven where I accidentally set the kitchen on fire - for the record, I did ask them to help and they didn't, it was a project for school.
So, I've basically been denied kitchen access.
Oh yea, I'm not really allowed around knives either.
><

My friend burned easy mac,

I cooked popcorn without using the popcorn button with a microwave.

Next time you are home, with some mac and cheese, ranch and hamburger meet and taco seasoning...

cook the mac and cheese, brown the meat and seasoning, mix it all up and add...ranch and mix. makes for some yummy food.

I'm currently playing with Thai food. I've found that pad see yew is a very cheap, very quick, and very easy food to make.

I'm also really fond of oyakodon.

Lets see what I can make... Grilled Cheese, Raman, mac and Cheese, and I can grill.

If you want a good recipe, try putting a little bit of pepper *and some other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head* onto steak.

If you put more, I can guarantee it that you won't have a stuffed up nose.

I've got a smashing recipe for soup that you can make using thanksgiving turkey leftovers.

Large pot
1 turkey or chicken carcass (bones, muscle, leftover meat)
Soy sauce
Worcestshire sauce
Hot sauce
5 large potatoes, peeled, diced OR leftover mashed potatoes
5 large carrots, peeled, diced
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, diced
Any savoury spices available in the kitchen

Put the carcass into the pot, cover with cold water, set to a boil; dump in enough soy sauce to colour the water, then worcestshire and hot sauce to taste - soup isn't an exact science, so hurl in handfuls and pinches of whatever spices you like best and taste the broth as it boils. Toss in the veggies, let it boil for an hour, occasionally topping up with a little extra water so it doesn't reduce too much. Gradually remove bones, tendons, and hard fat from the pot and strip off any meat leftover, put it back into the broth. Boil for another ten minutes, remove from the stove, let it cool and separate it into pots; it can be stored in the fridge for up to a week (if the broth is boiled down enough, it will turn to a gelatin that will liquefy when re-heated) and can be stored in the freezer for about three weeks. You can add pre-cooked rice or pasta if you feel you want to beef it up a little, but don't add until after the soup has been completely cooked or the pasta and rice will turn to mush from overcooking.

In_the_kitchen.gif

the kitchen,
where women should be.

Survivor00 said:
You know what's sad?

I've eaten mayonnaise sandwiches before.
I remember those days, but with me it was Miracle Whip. and just plain mayo and cheese sammiches

I like making pastries and confection work lately...I really want to make a tres leches cake..

Neon - Easy mac and meat idea... I've had it before. Epic meal.

Sevenpercent - The soup deal. Also great for broth ^^

Here's something I make a lot. I call it the Mighty Mix.

0307090352.jpg

Eggs, cheese, hash browns, sausage(or in this case, some chopped-up hot dogs), and a dash of hot sauce for some flavor.

0307090344.jpg

First, heat up a pan with some oil in it. Duh.

0307090345.jpg

Spread the hash browns into an even layer, like so.

0307090348-1.jpg

Fry the hash browns, stir them up a bit when they start to turn golden brown.

0307090350.jpg

Add the sausage, eggs, and hot sauce, stir it all up, letting the eggs cook fully.

0307090352.jpg

Turn off the heat, stir in the cheese, and eat up. Also makes a great filling for a burrito.

Bon appetit.

I was introduced to this method by my poor grandmother!
I love doing it. Though I cook up bacon then break it in.

Heat up hashbrowns till done then pretty much cook eggs with yolk breaking them just as they are finished and stirring! Yeah yeah. Love it

Devil's Pride ladies and gents, enjoy if you prefer baking ~_^

Yellow Cake Mix
Makes 5 cups, equal to 1 18-ounce package of cake mix

2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 pound (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
3 tablespoons oil

Place all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Combine thoroughly with a fork.

Add the butter or margarine and the oil. Blend with an electric mixer on the lowest
speed until the fats are evenly distributed and the mix has the consistency of fine gravel.

Keep refrigerated in a covered container. To be used within 3 months.

Yellow Cake
(from homemade “Yellow Cake Mix”)
Makes 1 2-layer, 9-inch round cake

5 cups homemade yellow cake mix
1 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour 2 9-inch round baking pans.

Place all ingredients on a bowl and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed
for 5 to 6 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula 2 to 3 times
during mixing.

Pour into the prepared pans and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the cake pulls away
from the sides of the pan and a cake tester inserted into the cake comes out clean.

Let cool in the pans on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then frost and serve as desired.

Frosting

Two canisters of chocolate frosting
One canister of vinilla frosting
One bag of Reese's peanut butter chips

The frosting is somewhat tricky, as it requires you to make the cake look like nothing more than a
normal chocolate cake. For the bottom half of the cake, cut the top off and make a "slight" indenture.
This is so you can frost the "top" of the cake with a nice little bit of vinilla frosting. Once done,
take the reese's peanut butter chips and spread over the vinilla liberally until you have one good layer.
Afterwards, place the other half of the cake on top, and then forst with chocolate to give the appearence
of just a chocolate cake. If you do this while the cake is still warm, the two layers will melt the chips
into a delightful thin crunchy penut butter layer but be warned! If the cake is too hot, the forsting
will melt into a hot mess @_@

Tres Leches cake..I made it..it was amazing..

Ingredients
For the cake:

* Vegetable oil
* 6 3/4 ounces cake flour, plus extra for pan
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
* 8 ounces sugar
* 5 whole eggs
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
(ounces by weight.not volume)

For the glaze:

* 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
* 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
* 1 cup half-and-half

For the topping:

* 2 cups heavy cream
* 8 ounces sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the cake:
Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil and flour a 13 by 9-inch metal pan and set aside.

Whisk together the cake flour, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.

Place the butter into the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, beat on medium speed until fluffy, approximately 1 minute. Decrease the speed to low and with the mixer still running, gradually add the sugar over 1 minute. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl, if necessary. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and mix to thoroughly combine. Add the vanilla extract and mix to combine. Add the flour mixture to the batter in 3 batches and mix just until combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly. This will appear to be a very small amount of batter. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cake is lightly golden and reaches an internal temperature of 200 degrees F.

Remove the cake pan to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 30 minutes. Poke the top of the cake all over with a skewer or fork. Allow the cake to cool completely and then prepare the glaze.
For the glaze:

Whisk together the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and the half-and-half in a 1-quart measuring cup. Once combined, pour the glaze over the cake. Refrigerate the cake overnight.
Topping:

Place the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla into the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, whisk together on low until stiff peaks are formed. Change to medium speed and whisk until thick. Spread the topping over the cake and allow to chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Banana Bread

3 over-ripe bananas
1 egg
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups white flour
1/3 cup margarine
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 pinch of salt

Set oven to 350, mash bananas with sugar, mix in beaten egg, margarine; add dry ingredients, should be thick and easily come off the sides of the bowl. Mix cinnamon in last, then pour into an ungreased bread pan; cook for 1 hour. You could also add chocolate chips, cranberries, blueberries, or walnuts for more awesomeness.

Ingredients:
1 penis
1 vagina

Wrap penis in condom, marinate in good lube and let sit in vagina until flaccid.

Back
Top Bottom