Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fang and Grace [White|Kolath]

Despite his deceptively young elven appearance he was nearly five hundred years old and in that time had taken a lot of time to study the elven society and so was able to pick up on many of the small things that she did. He smiled shaking his head and walking over to what seemed to be a normal rock face but with a wave of his hand opened to show a impressive wine cabinet. Picking up a bottle he brushed the dust from it smiling. â??I believe that this would be a treat for you.â? He showed her the label it was from a vineyard that had been lost to the elves nearly three hundred years before and a very rare and fine vintage.

((no worries I understand and I will be around as long as you want to continue this rp I am greatly enjoying it as I hope you are.))

Sanae would have never believed that the dragon before her was of that age, but then again, she never really though about how long dragons actually lived. She herself was only a year or so over the traditional age which elven maidens were usually wed to at two hundred and fifty years old. She supposed her brother wanted to arrange her with some find lord, but never gotten the chance. However, history for her was directed somewhere else as she looked at the bottle and almost passed out. "Wine from the Tresvalley? Where did you get that?" Sanae asked in shock. The elves lost that valley many years ago, and it was rare to see any intact remains of the valley, let alone wine.

He smiled as she identified the bottle. â??More over Wine from the house of Farnel.â? He smiled pulled out two glasses. â??As to where I got it when I picked this up it was on the way to the kings palace I believe aboutâ?¦I believe it would be about 1375 by your calendar.â? He set the glasses on a table that had chairs to either side of it perfectly placed for sitting and talking. â??Shall we?â? he asked not yet uncorking the bottle wondering if she would wish to drink it now that she knew where it was from. â??I do have more this isnâ??t the last one.â?

"It's rather fancy for an occasion such as this, no?" Sanae said, but sat down regardless. Despite losing her kingdom, her manners had obviously not faded, for her posture was perfectly straight, her back curved slightly forward, and her hands upon her lap. 'That bottle of wine alone is worth its weight and probably more in gold...' She said to herself, as she smoothed the wrinkle in he dress. Under ideal circumstances, it would probably be rather romantic, the setting, but there was little time to think about that, especially between the relations of two different species.

He shrugged, â??You would prefer one of the dwarven brews more I shouldnâ??t doubt then?â? he said with obvious joking in his voice and eyes. He uncorked the bottle placing the aromatic cork beside her should she wish to smell. Picking up her glass he poured the bright golden amber liquid into it and held it out to her before filling his own. Sitting down in the chair opposite her he held his glass out in toast to her. â??To the princess of the Elves who has done me the honor of joining me tonight.â? He lightly touched his glass to hers and the sparks that this vintage was famous for leapt to the air as the crystal resonated around the wine.

"And too the dragon who welcomed this elven princess to his home." She added, and took a delicate sip of the wine, letting the sweet juice run down her throat. It had a very earthy smell and taste to it, making it seem only more exotic. And the light tang to its profile made it seem more complex. However, her mind sudden;y darkened, as she placed the glass down in front of her, and her eyebrows twirked inward, giving her a wrinkle on her forehead. "Not much a princess anymore. At least I won't be for long..." She noted, only imagining the wonders of what her uncle was doing so that he can null the royal blood, and claim it for his own.

He smiled taking a gentle sip also looking at her as her face changed. He sighed gently reaching over and touching one of her hands, â??My lady a princess is not made by title and lands, a princess is something more something deep inside the woman. There are many who have title and lands that are not a princess, and there are those that donâ??t have title and lands yet they are a princess.â? He smiled more, â??and if you should wish I can see about talking to the dragon council and see if they would consider helping you regain your lands.â?

His touch on her hand made her shiver. Among Elves, common 'touching' was not a practiced subject, and even less to royalty. However, Sanae maintained her composure, and just shook her head at his offer. "No... I doubt I can go to the dragons for help. It's strange enough as it is for us to be talking, let alone being here." She said, then she went on to ponder in her mind. 'I just need....'

Just then, an idea clicked in her head, as her face brightened up like a sunrise. Then she stood up and looked at Jeric. "That's it! I almost had forgotten! You are powerful, are you not? I just need to enlist the aid of one powerful enough to take down my uncle, and I think you can help me!" She said, and leaned forward. "My uncle has a terrible fear dragons, why didn't I think of this before?! Just like most elves, he fears your kind, but I believe there is something more to that, something more personal." Her mind already began to formula a plan.

Jeric looked at her raising a eye brow thinking she might have a slightly exaggerated idea of his abilities. As she thought he just sat there watching her and finally he stood up and walked over to the fire. â??Well making a plan on a empty stomach wonâ??t do at all.â? He pulled the roast of the fire cutting it up and nodding, â??Yes very nicely well done.â? He portioned up the meat and the vegetables he had prepared and brought her a plate. â??itâ??s a tad plain but I trust it will be satisfactory?â?

Sanae frowned at Jeric's quick dismissal of her idea, but her body couldn't deny that food was something that she carved right now.She held her tongue to protest his interruption, and sat back down. Sanae resumed her posture, and picked up the utensils to eat. Just like a princess, she even ate really delicately out of habit, and took small bites out of the meat and slives of the vegetables. It would be easy for Sanae to say many things about the food, after all, she was raised with only the finest, but she actually found the simple food to be intriguing. Mild yet still savory to her taste buds, and proceeded to eat more. "It's quite satisfactory." Sanae answered with a smile.

He smiles taking some of the food himself, â??Forgive me for interrupting your thinking, I just knew that it was best to think on a full stomach or over a meal. Now where were you? Ah yes having me help you retake your throne. I do have to mention to you that your bards tend to over state the powers of dragons, a single one can not deal with hundreds of armed men on his own.â? He thought for a moment, â??Thoughâ?¦it is commonly thought that dragons canâ?¦perhaps the mere threat of a dragon on your side might prove useful.â?

"Regardless, it's not your true power that I'm looking for." Sanae explained, "You don't even need to be powerful, really. You can just pretend you are. My uncle isn't the smartest of elves, and he's rather gullible when it comes to believing anything about dragons." Sanae said, adding more to his fear of dragons. She closed her eyes, and placed down her silverware. Her brain trying to collaborate the whole event together. "Yes. That'll be it. I have friends that will help me on my quest, so just as long as we can fool my uncle into believing our story, then Perhaps we can catch him on surprise. Then I'll be able to avenge my brother."

His eyebrow raised leaning over the table smiling at her. â??You want the reputation that the elven bards have built for dragons even if itâ??s not true.â? He couldnâ??t help but laugh leaning back and chuckling roar coming from his mouth something that someone his size shouldnâ??t be able to produce. â??I love the idea, but you will need more than a few friends and the legend of dragons abilities not if your uncle took the throne by forceâ?¦you will need a army.â?

Sanae smirked playfully, "No, I don't need an army." She said, in an almost corrective manner. She placed her elbows on the table, with her hands overlapping each other. She leaned forward and took a breath so that she could begin to explain. "I know my uncle, and I do know that he does not lead an army through loyalty. He talks as if he owns more than the opposition, and he would like to believe that he holds a tight grip on his troops, but that isn't necessarily true." She took a moment to take a sip of the wine, feeling the alcohol run down her throat. "That's where you come in. If we can make a strong big enough, then it'll be just enough to shake my uncle's hold on his soldiers, and I think that'll be enough to get close to him."

He nodded listening to it, surprised it was really a very good plan but there was a major flaw in it. â??Ok and then what?â? he knew what she would say or at least had a good guess but he could tell something about her just by looking at herâ?¦she was no killer even when the person deserved it.

((sorry so short had major writers block))

Back
Top Bottom