Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

"Who watches the watchmen"

I went to the movie priemer night, and because I have nothing else to do at the moment, I thought why not start a discussion. So did anybody go?
*has a feeling he's the comic book guy around."
Any thoughts? I loved the movie! maybe because I read the graphic novel. It's quite excellent.

Never read the comic, the movie was amazing. I don't want to bandwagon, but 'Men go to jail. Dogs get put down.' may become a favorite quote.

I hear the sound track was amazing, I plan on seeing it monday or something. Being that I work in a movie theater, you think I would have seen it on opening night, but I didn't.

I saw the movie last night on Imax, it was a pretty great experience. Personally I thought it was a good movie, but I didn't really find myself liking it too much, possibly just because of the way things tied up and what not. Still, I do like Rorschach and Night Owl a lot now. ^^

Night owl was alright, everything I expected for night owl he didn't really stand out to much in my mind though. the actors portrayal was just okay. Rorschach though; excellent portrayal. He surpassed my expectations in terms of acting. I'm already eager for when they release the dvd. That's because they're going to have the directors cut, and according to what I heard, the director was forced to cut out over thirty minutes of material. not only that but they'll even edit in the "Tales of the Black Freighter." and possible edit the pseudo documentary "Under the hood.".

The only thing I found disappointing about was the big reveal and the end. And that's because from like ten minutes of the movie "(and if you haven't read the comic) you could already figure out what the reveal was going to be. other then that. Really faithful adaption!

I think that's exactly why I like Night Owl though, the fact that he is so very average. I think it's what makes him so very easy to relate to for me. -Nod- Kind of like a more down to Earth Bruce Wayne, in ways.
Ah yes, that part bothered me as well when it came to the reveal. It really felt kind of... generic and I can't stand it. To me it feels like it's spoon-feeding plot to the audience. While I'm alright with it in comic books and novels, I think there's only so much time that should be allotted for that kind plot device in movies, and I think Watchmen took it too far.

May have been better suited for a t.v mini-series, now that I've come to think about it. But overall it was well done. Personally I think The actor for night owl should've pulled out more of that "Mid life crisis" kind of deal. Which they did in the movie only to a certain extent though. Sex scenes though were unnecessarily awkward, good for a laugh though. Alas, I know the director has to tailor to the main stream. One of the downsides I suppose.

Then make him see it with you again! fantastic movie (I know I've already said it before but, I needed to include "Fantastic" in some form because of the utter impulse to do so.)
*wanders around more."

Hah, I'm the comic book guy in these parts.

I saw it at that premier and then went and saw it again Friday.

A friend of mine knows the man who owns almost all the theatres around here and is even setting up a private showing for our little group.

• Wow, it was absolutely amazing;
        the soundtrack was flawless.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fight sequences. xD
        Perfectly bloody and gory.

Rorschach ftw. He's definitely my favorite.
        Loved his voice.

And Dr. Manhattan was... -drool-
        So very... beautiful. His body, his voice... <333[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Dream said:

• Wow, it was absolutely amazing;
        the soundtrack was flawless.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fight sequences. xD
        Perfectly bloody and gory.

Rorschach ftw. He's definitely my favorite.
        Loved his voice.

And Dr. Manhattan was... -drool-
        So very... beautiful. His body, his voice... <333[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

• Yes, I'm sure his glowing blue atomic cock had nothing to do with it.

It's also gonna be funny as hell to see so many people idolize Rorschach even though he's basically Bill O'Reilly in a mask.

Trazz, have you read the comic at all?
Rorschach is the only sane one in the scheme of things.
He's stable compared to all the other characters.
It does no harm to relate to him, so long as one can appreciate that an eye for an eye isn't the best motive, and being judge, jury, and executor can get one into trouble.

I've read the comic. Rorschach is a paranoid right-wing conspiracy nut and a moral absolutist, hardly what I'd consider sane. He's just functionally crazy.

How on Earth is he a conspiracy nut if he's right?
And more to the point, explain how he's right wing?
Because he takes the rules to an extreme.
Because he doesn't go, "Oh, well these illegal drugs aren't hurting anyone. It's fine."
If that's your idea of right-wing craziness, I do believe you need to rethink your own sanity.

And yes, he's functionally crazy. I suppose sane isn't a fair word for anyone who puts on a mask and fights crime.
But he at least functions reliably and predictably. Which last I checked, was a trait of sanity.

Lieutenant Ducky said:
How on Earth is he a conspiracy nut if he's right?
And more to the point, explain how he's right wing?
Because he takes the rules to an extreme.
Because he doesn't go, "Oh, well these illegal drugs aren't hurting anyone. It's fine."
If that's your idea of right-wing craziness, I do believe you need to rethink your own sanity.

And yes, he's functionally crazy. I suppose sane isn't a fair word for anyone who puts on a mask and fights crime.
But he at least functions reliably and predictably. Which last I checked, was a trait of sanity.
He uses "liberal" like it's an insult and accuses several people of being homosexual. Sounds like a conservative to me. >.>

There are a few instances of that. Coming from more than just Rorschach.
It's a sign of the times it was written in.
There's also the assumption a few times throughout the book that anyone with Russian background is a commie monster.
The Cold War had that impact. You can't judge it based on a modern mindset and fully grasp it. It wasn't written this year.

Also, being a conservative is not a personality flaw.
o_O

Trazz said:
Yes, I'm sure his glowing blue atomic cock had nothing to do with it.

It's also gonna be funny as hell to see so many people idolize Rorschach even though he's basically Bill O'Reilly in a mask.

• Actually, dumbass, no, it didn't.

Oh, Ducky, you've read the comics too? : D[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Oh mi gosh.
Loves X-Men.
And Batman.
Of course.
The occasional Spider-man, if it's put in my hands, but that's nothing I pursue.
But really, I'll read anything that's put in my hands at some point....

Back
Top Bottom