Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The One That Got Away (Me and TheLegionary)

Angel had sat down and turned, her back facing them. Asha whimpered softly and laid his head in her lap. She pet him slowly, letting out a sigh. "Where did we go wrong, boy? We completely avoided the city...I didn't sense anyone near us in the forest and you never smelled anyone either...how did he know we were coming?"

Julius and his friends did not care about Angel' speculations. They were worried about relaxing and finding the furtive enemy. There was no point in arguing where the mistake was made.
"So, Angel, any idea where the Boss may have gone?", questioned one of Julius' man in a friendly tone.

"No. He has never shown me any of his other hideouts. If we could catch one of the other mercenaries, we might be able to get the location of the hideout from them."

Julius' companion continued: "But how sure are you that we can find one of the mercenaries? The Boss probably has warned all of them about us. At least, this is something we hav to be aware of, right?"
Julius nodded and turned to Angel. She was definitvely the leader there.

A smirk suddenly spread across her face. "There's always one mercenary..he is the first to know, but the last to ever do anything...the last to leave for missions, the last to return...and I think I know where we can find him. But we all cannot go. It will be too suspicious."

"Will you go by yourself, Angel? Or would you need any of us?", Julius said.
"You can pick up the one you think will help you, if this man is among us", another man added.
Julius raised an eyebrow... "But are you really sure this man will be there?"

"I know him well...he will be there. I would rather go alone but I have a feeling he is not just going to follow me back here...Julius, will you come with me and Asha? The three of us should be able to get him to come back here."

Julius stepped forward with some hesitation. Why had she picked him up again? He turned to the men and ordered: "Stay here and be ready for any surprise. Pray for God to protect you and us".
Julius moved towards the two creatures and said smiling: "Shall we go now?"

Angel nodded and led him and Asha down a flight of stairs. "We will be going back into the town. There is a bar there that most of us mercenaries would stop by for food and drinks on our way to and from missions. Jake, however, spends a little too much time there and I can guarantee he is probably quite drunk right now. That will make him a little easier to drag out of there, but once he is out we have to be careful-when he gets drunk, he gets very loud and does not like to leave the bar."

Julius smiled sarcastically while placing his right hand on a piece of rope tied to his armour: "I got your plan. It seems we may have two alternative: either to cut his tongue, or to gag him". He began to walk next to Angel and the wolf as they began to move.

"Gagging would be the better option. We need him to speak once we get him back here." She led him through part of the forest, and into a little city.

The city's lights were getting closer when a cold wind blew from behind the three adventurers. "Have you felt that, Angel?", this is the first time I feel something frightening in my life. Even so, he continued following the girl.

Luna shivered once and moved closer to him as they walked, one hand buried in Asha's warm fur. "It's unusually cold for this time of the year. That cannot be good...." As they headed into the city she pulled up the hood of her cloak to hide her face, Asha growling at anyone who passed by them. Angel led him down an alley and into a small bar.

Julius followed Angel and the wolf from a certain distance. Inhabitants of the city got frightened to see the beast inside the walls walking next to a girl. Some shouted: "She is a witch!". Julius, who was familiar with all sorts of things, has never thought Angel was a witch - he had burnt several witches before and none of them looked like Angel. Neither did any of the witches behave like her.

Angel ignored the people who shouted, and made her way into the bar. She looked around slowly, then moved to sit down at a small table where a rather handsome young man was downing yet another mug of beer and laughing loudly.

Julius stayed a bit farther wondering why she sat next to that man. Was he the one they were looking for?, he raised an eyebrow showing doubts and suspicious. In the meantime, people stopped shouting and got back to their lives.

"Alright Jake I think you've had enough. Come on..." She grabbed his arm to stop him from downing another mug. "Boss is gonna get mad at you if you don't hurry up."
"Hey...It's Angel and the puppy..." He chuckled and pulled his arm away, then looked at Julius. "Ain't that the guy you was supposed to kill? Angel...Boss is gonna be too mad at YOU to even notice me!" He started to laugh.
"Jake...lets get out of here...maybe go for a walk."
"I don't wanna go for no walk..last time I tried to walk with you that wolf of yours tried to eat me..." He ordered another beer. "Ya know...I don't see why they call you...wait...what is is they call you again?"
Angel sighed. "Death's Angel...something like that...now come on Jake..you've had enough." She pulled him to his feet and shoved him towards the door.

Julius watched everything from a certain distance. Again, Angel surprised him. How could she deal with that man so easily and not defend herself against the Boss. He followed Angel outisde the tavern.

"But Angel...I don't-" He stopped suddenly. She was standing right behind him, her hand on his back, her hood up again. "Back to the base now, Jake..and don't think about trying anything funny. Silent, Jake headed back to the old base-he seemed to know that Angel meant business. As they headed into the base, Angel directed him to the middle of the first floor, and forced him down into a chair. "Where's Boss at?"

Julius continued watching. That was taking too long and he began to look around impatiently. "I think my men need us. I dont like staying away from them", he thought.

Half an hour later, Jake was sprawled out across the floor, coughing hard. "NOW are you going to tell me?" Angel had to resort to a bit of violence to try and get her point across. "Fine...fine...base...new base..way west...by that forest...past the desert."

Julius was listening to everything without too much interest. He thought: "After the desert? Which desert? That was too far from where they were".

"That is rather far...almost the other side of the world...Jake...if you are lying to me..." Asha growled loudly, creeping closer to Jake as he lay there on the floor. "I'm not-I swear!" "Hurry up and get out of here before I change my mind!" Jake scrambled to his feet, stumbling out of the door.

Julius watched Angel toying with the guy. She seemed to be a powerful being and he could not believe that the Boss could be stronger. Slowly, people began to stop and watch what was going on. Julius could listen to some of them whispering..."it is the witch!"

"Alright..." Angel turned to face him. "Take your men and go home...this is my fight. I will not drag you and your men to lands plagued with blight.."

Back
Top Bottom