Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The One That Got Away (Me and TheLegionary)

"Tomorrow, when the night is at its darkest. It will be easier to get out of the city without being seen."

** Julius nods and he goes to the small group of adventurers to say the departure would be in the following day. He comes back and goes to a room next to the main and sits on a sofa to relax a bit. The maid brings some fruits and he takes an apple, biting it.

(sorry about that. I was out of town for a week) Angel followed him into the main room, looking around slowly. Asha was at her heels. He sniffed around once then laid down neat the sofa. Seeing Asha lay down, Angel moved to sit down on the sofa.

** Julius was surprised to see the apparently inoffensive girl sitting there next to him. He turned his head to her while bitting the fruit and grabbed a peach, offering it to her. "How long would it take for us to get there? I am worried about thhe risks and the delay. 10 days does not seem to be enough, at least I think so."

She took the peach, slowly biting into it.

"For me and Asha, it took only a few days to get here, but the way we travel is not the way you travel. So it will take at least a week, week and a half to get there. But that all depends on how fast we travel, and if we run into any trouble in the forest."

** Julius looked at Angel admiring the sexy way she was eating the peach. All of sudden, he noticed what she had told. "Pardon, mylady, but you are underestimating me and my friends. Do not forget I saved you from the boss. Maybe you cant follow us at the right pace.", he said angrily but without taking his eyes from her mouth biting the peach.

There was a soft growl. "Have you ever run with the wolves, Julius?" The faintest smirk appeared on her face. Angel thought back on al the time she had run with Asha, and the vast distances they had somehow managed to cross in such short amounts of time that even Boss, who could teleport, was rather impressed. That was one of the reasons he hadn't killed her long ago..

She took another bite of the peach.

** Julius replied: "Wolves run fast but lack endurance. And this we all have in excess! So, dont be afraid of letting us behind, specially because we plan to ride towards your boss...what do you mean by teletransport? how does it work?"
** Julius finished eating his fruit and continue to admire the way Angel was biting hers.

She ate slowly, taking her time with the fruit. "Asha and I have built up our endurance, but...I guess we will see who is faster tomorrow." Finally she finished eating the peach. "Teleportation...it allows a person to instantly move from one place to another. It works best if you have been to that place before because then you can visualize it better. It takes a lot of energy though, and if you are strong enough you can teleport multiple people...but that requires a lot of training."

** For Julius, those words were balck magic, diabolic things, which were herectic. "I dont like his skills and I think we should kill him. As soon as possible. If he is so powerful, he is a threat to our noble templar cause."
** Angel finished her peach and Julius was somehow hipnotized by her moves. even so, his stubborn personality would never admit she could have a greater endurance than him.

"Can I have another one?" Her voice suddenly seemed softer and less icy than before. Her eyes seemed to brighten at well as she looked to him, then the bowl of fruit.

"Sure", Julius replied as he stood up to take the bowl closer to angel. her wold didnt bark, which was a good sign, he thought. Maybe they were becoming friends.

Asha remained silent, but those sapphire eyes never looked away from Julius. Angel took another piece of fruit and began to eat, enjoying the sweetness of the fruit. She ate slowly, closing her eyes.

Angel froze, her entire body stiffening up as she felt Julius place his hands on her free one, almost dropping her peach. Asha suddenly raised his head, giving Julius a low warning growl. He seemed to react to her emotions. When she had been calm a few minutes ago, Asha had been very calm and quiet. But now that she had been startled, he was very alert, eyes watching Julius carefully.

Julius noticed he had crossed a line and retreat his hand. He suddenly stood up and said: "I believe it is time for us to relax. I will sleep now - we have a long way ahead." Then, Julius walked towards the door of his room.

Angel slowly finished her peach, then headed off to bed. On the way to her room she passed by Julius' room and paused to see if he was still awake or if he had fallen asleep yet.

** When Angel passed in front of the room, there were two candles still on. He was no longer dressing his white tunic, but a simple shorts and no shirt. As Julius noticed she was peeking through, he moved towards the doors as if to close it. Now it was he who was felling embarrased.

Upon seeing him move to close the door, she quickened her pace and walked past. Angel glanced back once before walking in to her room. She left the door open a little before undressing and slipping beneath the covers, curling up. Asha jumped up on the bed and laid down at her feet, yawning as he laid his head on his paws. They were both soon fast asleep.

The following daym before the sun rised, Julius was awaken. All his 12 companions were ready in their horses to begin the journey. Outside Julius' house, there were other 2 large stallions waiting.
Julius walked outside the house and mounted his horse. He began chatting with his friends before Angel appeared.

Angel had woken long before them. She was sitting on the roof, watching everyone get ready for the day. Asha paced back and forth, as anxious about going right into Boss' home as Angel was. He would growl softly if any of the other soldiers tried to approach him. Sighing, Angel looked up to the sky and whispered. "Please protect us..."

Julius was anxious to begin and entered the house in search of Angel. He knocked her room´s door and called her name: "Are you there?". He thought the way Angel was behaving could mean she was too scared of the Boos and could have caused her to give up the journey.

Asha followed Julius inside, sitting down as he watched him knock on the door. He barked once, trying to tell him that the room was empty. Barking again he got up and walked to the door that led outside, looking back as if he wanted Julius to follow him.

Julius saw the wolf barking. He had not yet got used to the animal moving along his home but as he had not attacked anyone, including the frightened maid, there was no reason to fear. This is why he followed the wolf, no matter how bizarre this might look like to his own eyes. Maybe Angel was not feeling well.
Two of Julius' colleagues entered the house and followed him - one of their tactics was to stay together and they were implementing it now.

Asha led the men outside. He sat down, looking up at the roof, barking.

"You can hunt on the way, Asha. There will be plenty for you in the forest." She called down to the wolf, those sapphire eyes never looking away from the cloudless sky.

Back
Top Bottom