Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The One That Got Away (Me and TheLegionary)

** Julius looked around..."Was I the first target you missed?". Julius felt prooud of his warrior skills deep inside

"Yes..." She stepped closer to him, those eyes looking him over slowly. "I don't know why, but...something wouldn't let me kill you..."

** Julius noticed Angel approached close enough for him to feel her breath. She now seemed to be nicer and kinder than before. He stepped once towards her and held her both hands.
"Do not worry. We will kill the boss. He is not the first powerful guy we deal with. To make things more dificult for him, Angel is in our side.", he sais trying to cause her to smile.

Angel was warming up, but it was a slow process. She stepped back a little, the tiniest smile on her face. Asha sat down, watching them.

** julius was unable to recognize whether her smile meant irony, or trust. Anyway, he smiled back. "The boss is certainly not as powerful as the Arabic warriors. And we have defeated the last ones, who have strong bad spirits by their side".
** Julius lowered his head and looked deep into her eyes at the same time his hands tried to touch hers... again...

"Do not underestimate him...he knows some of the blackest magic..." Those sapphire eyes locked on to his, unable to look away. Finally, Angel let him touch her hands. They were surprisingly soft and smooth for one who wielded a variety of weapons and practiced with them daily.

** Julius was not a believer in things such as black magic. "I have never seen a magic able to defeat this - he placed his hand on a cross hanging in his chest". As a matter of fact, he had faced many problems in past due to black magic but he was a bit silly - brave people are normally fearless in spite of the huge danger they may face.
** Julius also noticed her soft hand and grabbed her strongly as the sensation he felt was heavenly - her touch looked like silk. For a second, he wondered about the rest of her body and continued to looked into her eyes...

Angel just looked up into his eyes. There was still a hint of fear in them-She knew there was nothing Heaven could do about Boss. Just a few months after having been recruited by Boss, she had seen something that had terrified her...something that made her fear Boss despite her normally fearless nature. He had killed an angel...he was a newer angel, but he was still very strong. Boss and him had fought for only a few minutes before he managed to hit the angel with a blast of the darkest energy she had ever seen...

** Julius made an effort to show no fear to Angel as his hands continued to hold her. His breath and his pupils would show changes in his behaviour, an acute observer would notice. Without releasing her hand, he stood up and said: "We have to prepare ourselves then. No matter how dangerous is your boss... and I saw you cant deal with him by yourself..."

** Julius didint pay much attention to Angel's hesitation. "Well, my colleagues and I have already been to much more difficult missions and quests. This does not bother me at all. Unless you are troubled....besides, if your boss were so powerful, why would he run away when I met him? Why would he allow me to save and rescue you?, Julius said that very confident.

"He didn't have his sword with him..." Angel shuddered at the thought of the tainted, purple blade that he often soaked in a variety of poisons. She had been cut, many times, by that blade for disobeying Boss.

** even so, Julius went after some weaponry and invited Angel to follow him. HIs was particularly fond of his crossbow. He also took a medium-blade sword, a round shield and a good armour, which he had taken from a dead man close to Constantinople.
"Help yourself! If he was not carrying his weapons, you should...this would now be smart!"

"I have my own.." Very slowly, Angel pulled open her cloak, pulling a long, thin blade from it's sheath. She laid it on the table before him. She then placed both hands on the table, setting down a pair of daggers that had been hidden in the sleeves of her cloak. Another dagger was pulled from beneath her cloak, and Asha moved to sit at her feet.

"Dont you need an armour?", Julius questioned surprised to see how many weapons were hidden under her loose cloak.
** At the same time, he began to walk outside - some men had just arrived and he reported them a general description of the task. Julius turned to Angel and asked: "If we get more men, do you think it will be useful or not?"

"I don't need armor..." She watched as Julius talked with the man, quickly returning each weapon to its proper place. "No. The more of us there is, the easier we are to spot. Why do you think assassins work alone..." Asha barked at her, "Well, most of them anyways." She smiled down at him.

** Julius was not sure about the best way to follow and he was discussing that with his friend. They agreed they should head for North and then move east and thereafter southeast. This would be the fastest way to reach the heartlands of Poland.
"Are you fine with this route? Would you have any suggestion, since you normally travel from there?", Julius asked.

Angel was silent for a moment, looking down at Asha. After several minutes passed she looked up, sapphire eyes locking on to Julius'. "Can I see that map again?"

** Julius nods and goes after the map. After some seconds, he gets back and opens the large map on the table and goes outside to see his men arriving, leaving Angel alone to think about. He exchanges ideas and information about the way - however, he is said to say he knows nearly nothing about the target - only that he is a powerful man linked to black magic.

"No....that won't work..." She pointed at spots on the map, speaking softly to the wolf. "We'll hit the main cities, and then he'll know for sure. We have to take the forest. it will be easier to hide everyone..."

** Julius comes back and tells Angel. "We are all ready to go. There are just two men who will be arriving soon." He paused and questioned curious. "What were you looking at the map?"
** When he said that, the last two men arrive. All of them were great heroes from the fight against the heretic muslims.

Angel motioned for him to sit next to him, muttering softly to herself. The wolf seemed to nod his head, as if he understood everything she said.

** Julius did as Angel order - in spite of her youth, she seemed to confident and somehow conveyed the idea she knew what she was doing. Although Julius was not used to following female's orders, he asked: "And what are your suggestions then?"

"We can't go that way..." She traced the path he wanted them to take. "We'll hit Aroth and Berg..they are not very large cities, but they are overrun with men who would sell their souls without thinking twice...they will send word that we are coming, and Boss will have time to prepare...we have to go through the forests..." She traced the path she wanted them to take.

** Julius had no idea how powerful Boss was. "I have never heard of Boss. The cities you mentioned were founded by Teutonic crusaders, good Christians, and would never sell our souls to evil...", he paused for a second and remembered what happend in some crusades...
"Thinking better, if you are unsure about the loyalty of these cities, we will do the way you want. Whan shall we depart?"

Back
Top Bottom