Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The One That Got Away (Me and TheLegionary)

"Of course I do!" There was that growl again as she took the map from him, spreading it out on the ground. "Asha, help me..." The wolf looked to the map, then to her. "Yes, I thought so too, but I wasn't sure.."

Angel pointed at a spot on the map that was several hundred miles away from their current location. "It's there.."

** Julius found her reaction strange, since most girls didnt know how to read those days. When Julius saw the place, he said: "I have never been to this place."
** The other three men nodded. None of them had been to where today it is Poland.

** Julius ponders: "In the North, our friends from the Teutonic order can help us, since they are sailors and traders...but in the heartland, it is difficult. I heard that only recently some priests arrived there..." Julius breathed deeply.
"But we can try to find another alternative...like setting a trpa fo the boss..."

"Storm the hideout. There are many other mercenaries that live there with him, but if you go at just the right time they will all be out on missions."

** Julius disliked the idea of an open field battle...
"I could agree with you, but how would we know the precise time? More than that, we need to know more about him...everything is too vague. We would need to question him."
** Julius' friends nodded.

"If you storm the place, you can catch him and take him prisoner. It'll be two weeks from today, around midnight. All the mercenaries will be out on new sets of missions. I know how to get in and out of the place, so I guess I'll be going with you."

"Two weeks?" one asked. "Impossible to take 100 men there."
** Julius nodded. "We have to find out another way." Julius looked at her and for the first time noticed how sublime her face was...

** Julius pondered. "Angel you can be correct. Do you think a small group would work? Let`s say 10 or 12 men".

** the men looked at each other and nodded... "This is fine. All we know is that several templars have been killed lately and we have no idea of the origin. We have to end up with this serial killer.", Julius said as he sat next to Angel.

** the three man swiftly agreed they had to go out to make the preparations for the campaign.
** Julius' eyes were frozen for a second...it was as if she had hypnotized him.."
"My friends, see you later. I think we have a lot of things to do. Let's split so that we can do everything we need. All of them agreed and departed from Julius' home.

Those eyes never looked away. They were unusually deep, with a hint of...sadness? Fear? It was hard to tell, but it was there.

** Julius moved his face to the wall where the cross was hanging. "God shall protect and bless us. This can no longer continue."
** Then, he stood up and went inside another room in order to separate his light armour and weaponry...

Angel watched him leave, then nervously glanced around at the other men, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. She stood and followed after Julius, Asha at her heels.

** Julius didnt expect her to follow him. Some time later, Julius' companions left his home to make their own arrangements and ask for more help. They should depart today.
** When Angel met Julius, he saw him lookign for his armoury and other stuff in a room without windows in the underground. Candles were lighting the large room, where every kind of weapon and armour could be found.
** Julius noticed her and without lookign at her eyes, he added: "We are always ready for the worst..."

"That is also the way of the assassin...always another plan in case the first fails...But sometimes even the best plans and their back-up plans fail. For assassins, no matter how well-trained we are, there's always one that gets away..."

** Julius raised an eye-brow as he was compared to an assassin. He decided to ignore that.
"And how a murder is trained?" julius asked in a genuine curiosity.

"We're not...trained, exactly...most of us have to already have a certain quality...Boss hand-picks the mercenaries that work for him. Each one has a certain quality that makes them a good assassin...we do receive a little combat and stealth training when we are first accepted but only if he thinks we need it, then it's up to us to keep our skills sharp.."

Back
Top Bottom