Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I have a question BlueMoon

Neon Boy

Supernova
I realize this may not belong here, but I figure more people roam the GD than the section it fits in.

But what are your opinions on good movies, anime and non?/What would you recommend?

At the moment, I would recommend, A Clockwork Orange, Repo!, and The Prestige.

For Anime, I would suggest Trinity Blood, Hellsing Ultimate, Desert Punk, and Samurai 7.

Those are some that I have enjoyed, and recommend on a regular basis.

I was planning on checking Repo! out, since you guys have been talking about it on here.
I have seen the prestige, and am sure my friend owns it Haha. But I forgot about researching a Hellsing movie...gotta love some gory anime.

Hmmm, if you like the gorry ones, then definitely pick up Berserk. Nothing better than seeing one man decimate 100 mercs on his own.

Blast, I forgot about berserk too...and at this rate I may need to buy an external HD for this.

Pretty much.

While I am at it I should download the original Hellsing episodes too, I got through the first four episodes...then never bought anymore.

I suggest Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels if you're up for an insane British crime film, Lord of War is about weapons trafficking, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is major luls, and the Whole Nine Yards is an awesome dark comedy.

Thanks for the suggestion :3

I shall look em up and download, at some point in the future >>;

• Movies? Alpha Dog, Donnie Darko, Role Models (so stupid, but so hilarious!)

Animes... Berserk, hell fucking yes. <3
        Blood+, too. Afro Samurai.

Tah-dow. <3[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Tsukihime's a pretty cool anime I think. Other good ones include New Getter Robo, Tentai Senshi Sunred, and the Girl Who Lept Through Time.

Although it's very dorky, and I mean VERY dorky, Kamen Rider Decade is a really awesome show worth checking out in my opinion. It's rubber-suited goodness. x.x

I second the motion of berserk!

For movies, I recomend Lucky Number Slevin, The Boondock Saints, and for something amusing, Stardust.

I agree with the first two movies, however, for amusement factor you'd be better off with Grandma's Boy.

Joseph Kerr said:
I agree with the first two movies, however, for amusement factor you'd be better off with Grandma's Boy.
That movie is unbelievable, unfunny crap. I couldn't find it entertaining after smoking an ounce.

I find it amusing just for the shenanigans.
Never said the plot or anything was anything worth shaking a stick at.
What would you say would be a good funny movie to recommend?

Joseph Kerr said:
I find it amusing just for the shenanigans.
Never said the plot or anything was anything worth shaking a stick at.
What would you say would be a good funny movie to recommend?
It's a romantic comedy, and it's not Fargo, but Intolerable Cruelty is a hilarious movie. I love it.

Then I agree. Quite amusing and also tickles the Joker within me for just how conniving she was.
Also, for sheer old school fantasy, Dark Crystal. Beautiful and classic.

Back
Top Bottom