Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ronald Reagan

Lyra

Supernova
ronald_reagan.jpg

The more you dig into Reagan's legacy, the more terrible things you find. He's pretty much idolized as a god, it's terrible.

Trazz said:
The more you dig into Reagan's legacy, the more terrible things you find. He's pretty much idolized as a god, it's terrible.
The same can be said of anyone. He managed to keep a country from dissolving for a number of years - I'm impressed enough with that alone.

Trygon said:
Trazz said:
The same can be said of anyone. He managed to keep a country from dissolving for a number of years - I'm impressed enough with that alone.
Yeah, thank god he saved us from threats that he imagined.

You guys do realize I just posted this picture to prove that he wasn't completely unattractive when he was younger, right?

Lyra said:
You guys do realize I just posted this picture to prove that he wasn't completely unattractive when he was younger, right?
John McCain was a good-looking dude when he was younger too, doesn't change the fact that he's a pretty terrible person who cheated on his crippled wife.

Trazz said:
Lyra said:
John McCain was a good-looking dude when he was younger too, doesn't change the fact that he's a pretty terrible person who cheated on his crippled wife.
I'm just sayin

This thread was not meant to be srs bizness.

Trazz said:
Trygon said:
Trazz said:
Yeah, thank god he saved us from threats that he imagined.
Ah, of course. Because the normal operating order of the country takes no involvement at all... Unless there's 'Threats', the president is just sitting on his ass all day.

Not to mention that being the President is a job that nothing and no one can nor is really prepared for. For all the posturing made during the most recent election on having the experience to be the President, the only thing that can really prepare one for something of that magnitude... is being the President. Not even being VP is proper preparation... if it was than ever VP turned President would have been elected for a second term, but we know that's not true.

Basically you've got the lives of hundreds of millions of people, if not more, on your shoulders every day. You make decisions as well you can with, at best, broad advice from previous presidents (because none of them ecountered situations exactly like they one you're facing). And what's worse is that failures by those under you get blamed on you too, and that all of the mistakes that you make or that trickle up to you from the failures below are all visible on the entire world stage and pretty much for the rest of history.

Back
Top Bottom