Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

randomness and the like....

You willing to bet on that?

Theres a truck downtown called the Desser truck, one of thier specials is bread pudding topped with a sauce made partially with bacon fat and its really popular. Quite a number of cooks mix bacon and sweets.

Because I disagree Im a dick? I find the idea of bacon and sweets amusing but fine Ill leave you be.

*eyes get big* oh boy i leave for a headache and i come back to this....holy crap! lol

The idea of bacon as a treat sickens me, to be honest. They are treats to dogs. they are breakfast food to humans.

Chocolate does NOT go on bacon.

I can't necessarily say any particular world cuisine is right or wrong as far as taste, objectively, but I can definitely say that I don't like to mix my bacon with anything. The rare times I eat it at all (I'm a mostly-vegetarian omnivore, as I believe evolution designed us to be), I like it to be its own thing, and recognizable as such. Surprise bacon is like surprise buttsex... unpleasant to all but a few individuals.

I eat either turkey or beef bacon. I go vegan from time to time to annoy my vegan friends by cooking real vegan food then stopping suddenly. I eat alot of pasta and tofu during my vegan time...I refuse to eat or drink anything unnatural, ie soymilk, veggie burgers, etc.

The only thing I do to my bacon is put syrup on it. Tastes pretty good.

And I say no to veggie burgers. My father tried to make homemade ones a year ago. If this puts it in perspective, after the first bite, I wouldn't take another for pizza. My sister put a good half pound of mustard on it and she still gagged.

Raziel99 said:
And I say no to veggie burgers. My father tried to make homemade ones a year ago. If this puts it in perspective, after the first bite, I wouldn't take another for pizza. My sister put a good half pound of mustard on it and she still gagged.

So, because your father can't make veggie burgers, you refuse the professionally made and flavored burgers from Morningstar Farms and Boca and all the others?

Yeah, that's sensible.

Mr Master said:
Raziel99 said:

So, because your father can't make veggie burgers, you refuse the professionally made and flavored burgers from Morningstar Farms and Boca and all the others?

Yeah, that's sensible.
I have had those. They make me sick.

I make my own but wont eat prepackaged, many of em get flavored and textured to be like meat, I dont want that. I have nothing against them flavor wise.I just find that if youre going to flavor it like meat and have it look and smell like meat might as well eat meat. I believe youre a vegan so your food should represent that. I do have a weakness for the veggie links though, I mean I wont pick em over beef sausage if Im eating meat at the time but man theyre the one exception I allow. I also dislike veg food that tries to be overly spicy as if thats the better route, I love using fresh tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms, etc in my cooking I wanna taste it all...and dont get me started on these expensive vegan places that tout simple recipes as specialty food.

*turns on some music and sings along* so im curious to know if anyone is going to come back....and i have a question for anansi: were u hungry?

*starts the fire pit again. leaves for a moment and pulls in a huge line and turns on propane, lights the end after putting the fireproof tip*

Hand's off, MM

Back
Top Bottom