Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SAKURACON 2009 April 10-12 discussion

Trygon

Supernova
Who's going? Due to my stay of sentence, it seems I'll be there, one way or another. I know TheDarkerMe will be as well.

DJBayview and I floated the idea of flyers for Blue Moon - Now that we have a domain name, we're all official like. Could anyone get some quantity printed up and bring it to the con for anyone who wants to to hand out? Or, at the very least, signs or some other means of advertising. This is a golden chance to bring in bulk members, and we even can check ID before we give them the flyer. Is anyone interested in assisting with this?

Re: SAKURACON 2009 April 10-12 Check-in!

People always throw away fliers though, or give them to people, unless you have fliers with some kind of ID number people will just tell their underage friends and they will join. You can't prevent the kiddies from cropping up, just gotta try and control em.

ideally we would be passing them out at later hours when all the kids are in their hotel rooms.
Also, we would never get enough passed out if we checked IDs, it would take too long.

I worked a number of cons, day and night before. You will always find them, somewhere..they're like rats, you may not see them but they are there..waiting. I'd say tell em its a mature site on the flier, and hand em out later at night so parents don't ream you guys. Engage people while you give them to them, pick people you'd want to be on site with, I mean you may not get the amount you want but better to have a few decent than huge mixed bag that's mostly idiots.

Anansi said:
People always throw away fliers though, or give them to people, unless you have fliers with some kind of ID number people will just tell their underage friends and they will join. You can't prevent the kiddies from cropping up, just gotta try and control em.
Naturally, but who says we need to have only one level of control on the underage users? We could certainly make some difference by making a point of only handing them out to adults (Who, now that I think about it, can be spotted by their unique badges).

I wholly agree with that, but will you go about picking up dropped fliers or those that some share with others? I mean it would be hilarious if you caught a guy showing one to a kid and snatched it from him.

I would be willing to design some sort of flyer for Sakura-Con; I'm already registered to go and my hotel is booked and, hopefully, paid for. I should be going.

Also, if we were to pass them out, ideally, we should pass them out in the after hours when minors are forced to leave the premises.
Perhaps at the hentai/anime late night showings, maybe even at the rave.
Also at the adult fanfiction panel would be a great place.

Yes?

Its an anime convention. =P

Oh, I always want to go to one, but they do not usually come out to the east coast, or I don't hear about them. Then there is also, the fact I have no one to go with.

Wolf_Demon said:
Oh, I always want to go to one, but they do not usually come out to the east coast, or I don't hear about them. Then there is also, the fact I have no one to go with.
There are lots on the east coast. Just not as many on the west, your loneliness is your own fault, go make some friends and quit being a pariah

M.E.W Con actually thought about handing fliers. You need to ask the con first or face loosing your badge. I will be there if I dont end up on Top Model. It would end up being word of mouth. They actually wanted to do this elaborate this with eggs.

Are you natural, or this that just the way you are? I mean you could have fool me with that high and mighty talk. I have lots of friends, but most of my friends that are interest in that are not around right now, because they go to college in another part of the state or out of state. So, take your head out of your ass and stop assuming you be wrong more times then you are right.

Anansi said:
Wolf_Demon said:
There are lots on the east coast. Just not as many on the west, your loneliness is your own fault, go make some friends and quit being a pariah

You realize that was mostly garbled and confused right, is english your second language? Make more friends, or go alone and make new ones.

You obvious can not read very well, because what I typed was pretty clear, if you take a second to read it. The friends that I have that would be interested in something like a con are away at college either on the other side of the state or out of state. So, that means it hard to get a hold of them sometimes when they come up. I also say I have lots of friends if you read properly, so stop assuming you know what happening on my end because you are wrong and when you assume you mostly end up wrong unless your really good at it, but in this case you are not. Yes, English is my first language I speak better then I write. My friend, I have never stop making friends so that was another wrong assumption. Also, if you can not understand me which the other person in this thread that answer me could then why attempt to communicate with me in the first place?

Never said I couldnt understand, you mixed up word order and are missing verbs or maybe you are dropping the ends of contractions.Ima stop thisll end up detracting from the purpose of the thread.

Exactly what I was about to say, beside you are not worth the breath or thought process anyway.

I've always wanted to go to a Con, but I dont have any money, and I have no idea when or where they happen. So... *shrugs and plans a pyramid head costume*

Raziel99 said:
I've always wanted to go to a Con, but I dont have any money, and I have no idea when or where they happen. So... *shrugs and plans a pyramid head costume*

Sometime that my problem too.

Wolf_Demon said:
Exactly what I was about to say, beside you are not worth the breath or thought process anyway.
Hehe what does waste of breath have to do with typing?

@Avatar: The chairman's daughter is my friend, so I'll send her a message about the flyers/pamplets I'm making. I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with it, as long as we kept it under control, like the flyers and such don't end up all over the floors and such. I've noticed at Sakura-con though, the con-goer's are pretty good at not littering. Like me, they usually just slide it into their con bag and keep going. Usually I end up going through all that sort of stuff when I get home and dump out my bag, lol.

@Raziel: You can go to google.com and search "US anime conventions". This should give you results of websites that exist mainly for the purpose of anime conventions; I.e. Where they are, when they are, their website, cost, guests, etc.

Wolf_Demon said:

Watch what you say, this isn't PvP.

Everyone:
I plan on going, I have a hotel room. :3... I have so many people that are leaving their stuff there and using my shower. XD Yes MINE, cause I am the one that has to check people into the Hotel room. >.> Thanks to the awesomeness that is Wally... He was going to come as well, but he couldn't get the time off work.

Ok like I said before. I will be there. I will be staffing my first BIG con. I staffed M.E.W. Con but it was not even a fourth the size of Sakura. Im gonna be with SAS. I get to leave on the 9th.

I'll be going over on the 9th as well and will be there until the 13th.
Our hotel is booked for thur, fri, sat, and sun night.

Back
Top Bottom