Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Irish Beauty (butterfly0408/Kolath)

He couldnâ??t help but smile a little at the obvious protective looks he was getting from both the men of the family. He understood without any need for explanation. He followed them into the house being respectful of Kiara as he always had been. He sat next to her making sure to have placed his sword in a corner before sitting down. He knew that he was imposing enough without the sword but without it he felt almost naked and exposed. He breathed slowly looking at Kiara it would have been the first time that she ever saw him take it off.

Having him put his sword aside was actually very comforting for her. It meant he felt safe enough to put it aside. It only made her feel safe as well.

Over the next half and hour, Kiara told them the whole story. At least more of it. She saved them a few details, such as her and Alan's kissing and his promise to stay with her. Those were details she could share with them later, once they had gotten to know Alan better.

Once the story was over, Kiara's mother was the first to rise and come to Alan. Taking his hand she knelt before him again, "We can never thank you enough Alan. You have brought Kiara home safe and sound. You must stay until we can fully repay you for this. I insist. We all insist." Kiara's father and brother still had the protective looks on their faces, but Kiara's father did nod after a moment in agreement. "My wife is right. We have no room in the house, but there is a place set up in the barn for a border. It's empty now, you can stay there in the loft."

As her mother bowed to him he gently brought her back to her feet. â??Do not bow to me I am nothing more then a man that has been given a mission to fulfill and that is all.â? He nodded to her father. â??You have my thanks sir I shall not make myself a burden while I remain here at least till your family and myself are satisfied that Kiara is safe.â? There was a slight glint of doubt in his eyes as he continued, though he knew how to hide it, â??I believe that they will not come this far for her againâ?¦not while I remain I am sure of.â? He stood picking back up his sword and turning bowing to the family â??I will let you enjoy having your daughter back.â? He left heading to the barn dropping his pack there and then taking a look around the town.

Kiara's mother whisked her away to her room after that and helped to clean up. Her mother also took the time to have private girl talk together, "He's so handsome Kiara. A handsome, tall dark hero. Like from the books you love so much."

She smile at her mother, glancing towards the few worn books her mother spoke of. Her father had taught her to read and she had saved her pennies to buy these few simple pleasures for herself. She treasured them, "He is mama. And he is kind and sweet as well. He's a perfect man if there ever was one."

"The truth Kiara," her mother finally got to the point. "He must be hard to resist..."

"Mama! Please!" Kiara was shocked to the point of blushing, "Honestly..." she bit her lip and confessed, "A few stolen kisses mama, that is all, I swear to you!"

"You're word is good with my child, but do not let your father know. He might just set the barn ablaze with the lad inside." Her mother smiled and patted her daughter on the back, "It's alright... I won't let him. Now child, you wash up. There is a party tonight and you are the guest of honor. I am going to take some things out to Alan in the barn. He could use a few extra blankets I am sure." Her mother had a strange, almost knowing smile on her face as she departed Kiara's room, leaving a wash basin and cloth for her.

A short time later, Elaina came into the barn, "Alan," she called up to the loft which was half hay, half makeshift bedroom was, "Come down boy and get these blankets."

â??Here,â? Alan had just come back from his looking around the town looking for any of Kielâ??s men around. he smiled gently taking the blankets from Elaina, â??Thank you I have something that I wanted to give to your daughter though she wouldnâ??t let me.â? He climbed up to the loft leaving the blankets and coming back down with his pack. He reached down to the bottom pulling out the hide wrapped skirt. â??Here she told me not to buy this for her but I couldnâ??t resist it should be still clean I did my best to protect it almost as much as I did her.â? he smiled after handing it to Elaina and turned to go up into the loft laying down on some hay looking at the roof lost in thought.

Elaina smiled at the sight of it, "She's never had anything this beautiful before," she told Alan as they seperated, "I know she will love it."

Walking back to the house, Kiara's mother could not help but smile. She was an old romantic and she could see it in both their eyes. There was love there. And this skirt was going to seal the deal, she could already tell. Going back up the stairs, she found her daughter had just donned some of her plain old clothing. "You take that off right now child. You are going to a party tonight. It calls for something special." She handed her daughter the half unwrapped skirt.

Upon seeing it, Kiara was stunned speechless. "Mama! Where did you get..." she looked out the window towards the barn. "He didn't!"
"It seems he did child."
"I TOLD him not too!"
"He's a man Kiara, they do what they want. No come, but it on. You will look lovely in it."
"I have nothing to match it mama, I can't."

"You don't, but I do. I still have some of my old clothing I have been saving to hand down to you, and I have a lovely blouse and vest that will match this perfect." Her mother smiled as Kiara finally gave in and started to change again. "I will do your hair as well. This is a special night child." That and she could not help herself. Elaina wanted to see the look on Alan's face at the sight of her daughter done up like a proper irish lady.

Alan had climbed back up into the loft laying one of the blankets out on the hay before laying down looking up at the ceiling. He sighed seeing that it was already starting to get dark out. He could see the smaller glow of the bonfire they would use to light a bigger one later on. He sighed missing celebrations like this but he also know that he was merely a reminder of what happened to Kiara and that was the last thing she would want tonight. â??No I wonâ??t go tonightâ?¦she will be able to celebrate easier if Iâ??m not there.â? He said trying to convince himself.

The sounds of the celebration soon carried it's way through the night to where Alan lay in the barn. Not long later, the door to the barn opened. Footsteps crossed the barn, climbed the ladder, and soon Alan was facing Kiara's brother, Lucis. The young man glared a moment at Alan. Silence in the air. Then, he finally spoke, "Come on. If you don't come, it will break my sisters heart. And you don't want to be doing that." The final bit of what Lucis said was more of a threatening tone then the rest of his words. Without even waiting to hear any reply from Alan, he climbed back down the ladder and waited for Alan there.

Alan blinked he couldnâ??t believe what he had just heard, she would want him there? Really? He looked down seeing Lucis waiting for him seeming upset both that he had to come get Alan and that Alan was still around to get. â??Okâ?¦I will be right down.â? He pulled out the only clean tunic he had, the one he kept clean for if he was presented to a noble. It was blazen with a bright red phoenix on a dark green field. He sighed pulling his sword belt on but leaving his sword in the loft carrying only his daggers.

Dropping down he followed Lucis to the bonfire taking a seat with her family at least her mother and father who werenâ??t dancing. He sat down nodding to her parents her mother smiling. â??Kiara looks lovely doesnâ??t she?â? she nodded toward the group of dancers, Alanâ??s eyes following the line and just froze for a moment as he caught sight ofâ?¦was that Kiara?

It was traditional, Irish, group dancing. A little step here, a jig, then a switch of partner. A bow a turn, a switch back. A spin a few claps and skip two, repeat. One of those dances created to meet and greet with every member of the dance by the time it was done. The dancers circled the bonfire, Kiara was among them.

Her red hair captured the light of the fire, making it look like it was beautifully ablaze. Her mother had helped her to place a crown of braids upon her hair. Much like when he first met her, but the main difference was now she looked happy, free. She was laughing and smiling as she spin and twirled in the moves of the dance. She did wear the beautiful green skirt, all covered in elaborate patterns of golden yellows and reds. It complemented her hair and her eyes at the same time. Her mother had given her a white blouse and a red, corset vest to wear on the top. She was like a forest nymph, beautiful and mysterious. She went though a few switches of partners. The one man graced her with a small kiss upon her cheek before they separated for new partners. It was a moment after that, Kiara's eyes drifted towards her family, and to Alan.

It was impossible to think her face could grow any happier, but it seemed to light even brighter at the sight of him. She left the dance without a second thought and came to him. Tempted to through her arms around him and hug him in her joy, but resisting since they were in the presence of so many. She stood before him, smiling, her hands behind her back, nipping her lower lip, "Good evening Alan..."

Alan couldnâ??t help but stare at Kiara just watching her not knowing what to think. Before he had always seen her as beautiful but nowâ?¦she was a goddess perfect in every way and the best temptation for man. He couldnâ??t help but feel pulled toward her wanting to go and take her away from the dance so that he could have her all to himself. As the other man kissed her cheek Alanâ??s eyes darkened and a short look of contempt flashed over his face. He pushed it down wanting returning to his feelings for Kiara and ignoring the man.

As she came over to him he smiled standing taking her hand and kissing it lightly. â??Good evening Kiara you look lovely tonight.â? He smiled his hand starting to come up to brush a strand of hair back from her face but stopping as he could feel her fatherâ??s eyes on his back. He just stood there not knowing what to say.

She moved the strand of hair herself, smiling, a light little blush glowing across her cheeks as she glanced downwards a moment. A light sigh escaped her lips, "Thank you." A moment later, she looked up again and took his hand, tugging him towards the dancing with her, "Come dance with me Alan!"

Alan was about to say something when Kiara pulled him out onto the dance floor. He couldnâ??t help but glance back over his shoulder seeing Elaina having to put a hand on her husbandâ??s chest pushing him back down. She then proceeded to pull her skirts up a bit and sit right now in his lap still perfectly decent but having seen the whole thing Alan guessed she was making a point. Had he been close enough he would have heard her whisper, â??We had our first night all those years agoâ?¦let them have theirs.â? She silenced his protest with a kiss, â??Alan is a honorable man he will do right with her now focus on me.â? That was the last words said between them that night.

Alan turned back to look at Kiara smiling and taking her hands following her onto the dancing green, â??I warn you that I am a horrid dancer.â? He smiled taking a few moments to watch the steps before joining in, â??But I am a quick study.â?

She giggled a moment, watching him miss a few steps, but soon he was flawless. He looked like he had been doing this dance for ages. They were both dancing yes, but not truly dancing with one another. Never the less it was fun. And by the time they were once again partners, the tune changed and the dance change. "How fortunate!" She said with a smile, "We are paired for the next dance!" It was one that was all them. "Just follow me. Tis not that hard." Together, they went over the steps of the dance. It was a happy dance. One that required them to be close often.

He laughed enjoying the dance but wishing that he was closer to her. as they came back together his arm slipped around her waist catching her from the pace of the first dance having done the same for other girls but truly enjoying it when it was her. he watched again for a moment or two and then picked it up quickly smiling and using every chance he got to have his hands on Kiara. The dance went quickly increasing in speed as it went on. The temp was making many of the dancers start to back out but Alan kept up with it dropping out only if Kiara did.

The dance went faster and faster. Kiara was amazed he was keeping up and excelling as well. She had never gotten all the way to the end of this challenging dance. The old myth of his dance was those that made it to the end together were meant to be. To dance this together was like dancing through life. Perfectly matched partners could make it to the end. Kiara had never wanted to reach the end of the dance before, but this time, she did. Desperately in fact! Faster, faster, spinning turning. It was almost dizzying, but eventually the song ended with them held close in each others arms. Only their heavy breathing in the air before the crowd started to cheer. Only three couples made it to the end. One married couple. Two young lovers. And them. The music started to play again. Another dance, but Kiara and Alan were still in each other's arms. The villagers were dancing around them until Kiara let go at last. She was almost instantly swept up into the dance in one direction and Alan was swept into another.

Alan was panting hard as they came out of that dance together. His hand brushed against her cheek and he was about to lean in and kiss her deeply when the dance started up once again. He looked longingly after her or the spot where she had been. He never saw her for the rest of the party and found that he really had no desire to stay unless she was there in his arms. Finally things started to slow down some people left there only being a few of the younger diehards remaining. He turned leaving going back to the barn that he was sleeping in. he climbed up into the loft laying back on the soft hay as he remembered Kiara in his arms as they dancedâ?¦he loved her with all of his heart, all he needed was the chance to tell her.

Some time passed, and the village went to sleep. All was still and quiet, until the creep of the barn door broke the night. Soft footsteps crossed to the ladder and started to climb. Soon, Kiara's lovely face appeared in the loft. She word a long, hooded cloak, shut tight over her front. When her eyes meet she held her finger to her lips, telling him to be silent as she finished the climb up into the loft with him. The window was open, she crossed quickly to it, shutting it and drawing the curtains closed.

Alan had been half asleep when this happened. He looked at her seeing her silencing him and he assumed he must be dreaming. It wasnâ??t till the window was shut and he had been sitting up for a moment that he realized that this wasnâ??t a dream. He couldnâ??t keep quiet and whispered just loud enough to be heard. â??Kiara what are you doing here? Did something happen? Is your family ok?â? he was already reaching for his sword belt as he asked these questions expecting there to be something wrong.

Kiara quickly crossed to him, kneeling down and placing her hand on his as he reached for his sword, urging him that it was alright to leave the sword be. "Nothing it wrong," she whispered back, a light smile on her face, "Things have never been more right Alan. And it's thanks to you." Her hand rose to his cheek, gently stroking it with her thumb as she stood, urging him to stand with her. "Alan, I've been thinking a lot lately. About us. You and I and how I feel about you. Tonight, when we danced, you have no idea what it really meant to finish that dance in your arms. It means we are a perfect pair. It's superstitious, I know, but I believe it even so. Alan... I love you. I don't ask you to love me back if you don't want to or don't think you can, but I ask you to please.... love me just for tonight if it's all you can give me." She started to until the cloak until it fell from her. She wore the skirt he gave her.... and ONLY the skirt....

He let his sword go laying back down on the hay looking up into her face. He listened to what she had to say, had she waited another moment to drop the cloak he would have stood and kissed her that moment. However as the cloak fell he just sat there staring up at her beautiful body in just the skirt that he had gotten for her. he couldnâ??t help but let his eyes travel over her, starting at her face and moving down over her long graceful neck then down her shoulders, and over her lovely breasts full and round and standing proud with her youth. His eyes finally stopped at her waist before moving back up to her eyes.

Standing slowly he reached out brushing her cheek. â??And I have been thinking a lot too, I couldnâ??t find away to tell you Kiara, but now you have given it to me.â? He stepped closer leaning in whisper, â??I love you too Kiara.â? He kissed her softly his hands coming up to rest on her bare upper arms as he just kissed the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, pouring his love into her not yet touching her in anyway sexually even though she had just offered herself to him.

At first, she stood there tense while his eyes roamed her form in silence. She was not sure how to read the looks he was giving her. He was quiet about it. Perhaps she had made a terrible mistake in doing this. She could not look into his face as he continued to look at her. A hint of embarrassment was starting to set in as she closed her own eyes, but tried to keep her chin up. It wasn't until his hand gently brushed over her cheek, her eyes opened again, looking right into his and getting lost in their depths. He had kissed her before, but this one was so much more. It was soft and sweet, yet to filled with love and passion and promise of more to come. He was such a gentleman about it, so it was she that seemed to be the bold one here. Her hands wrapped around his waist and pull her body even closer to his, moaning into his lip.

He smiled his hands moving up to cup her cheeks. He gently pulled back from the kiss his hands guiding her over to the cot. He sat down taking her hands in his stroking their backs with his thumbs. He didnâ??t know how to say what he wanted and half of him didnâ??t want to bother. He looked into her eyes and could see the answer before he asked but he still needed to give her the chance. He stripped his tunic off looking up at her eyes before he gently pulled her down so that he could kiss her. with her there leaning over toward him kissing deeply he whispered, â??Kiara Iâ??m only going to ask this once, are you sure?â?

"You will only ask once.... and I'll only reply once as well Alan..." she leaned in and nuzzled her nose against his, lips only lightly touching his a moment before she whispered in reply, "I am sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt I am SURE. I am willing. I am ready. And I'm deeply in love."

He kissed her deeply in that moment pulling her up into his lap the skirt spread out around them as his hands came around her back at her waist and also up into her hair. His kiss was long and deep passionate beyond mortal tongue to describe. He moaned softly against her lips leaning pressing against her his chest pressing against her full breasts as he held her close.

Back
Top Bottom