Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Irish Beauty (butterfly0408/Kolath)

He laughed and gently guided her through the throng pushing past many stalls that looked like they could be delicious. â??One thing you learn through all the traveling is to enjoy the simple things while they are there.â? He pushed into a small store and was almost instantly greeted by four young children. â??UNCLE ALAN!!!!!â? they all cried out as he laughed ruffling a couple heads. A woman just a little older then Kiara stepped out of the kitchen at their yells smiling but at the same time trying to look stern. â??Itâ??s about time you passed this way again little brother.â? She looked at Kiara smiling, â??And who is this?â? She was as said before just a few years older than Kiara with raven black hair hanging down to her waist. She was dressed rather plain but she obviously was extremely attractive under all the flour since she was obviously making dinner when they showed up.

Kiara stood totally stunned as she watched Alan be tackled by the four children. That was not what she was expecting. Not by a long shoot. But in the few moments after the shock cleared, she could not help but smile lightly. He was good with the children. He'd make a good fa- why was she suddenly thinking about THAT! Such nonsense! Thankfully, the children's mother cut in and saved Kiara from having to think any more into it. Even through all the flour, Kiara could indeed tell how beautiful the raven haired woman was. She could also see the family resemblance between the too. They were BOTH attractive. It almost intimidated Kiara for she looked to the children and could see their potential as well. They were going to all grow to be attractive as well. Yes, very intimidating. She was frozen speechless, a blush on her cheeks.

Before anything else happened another man came in from the door behind Alan and Kiara, â??Well if it isnâ??t Alan bout time you got back through this place.â? He went over helping the Alan up and the two of them hugged like two old comrades. The woman rolled her eyes, â??Alright you two make your lazy bones useful and take those kids out to burn off that energy while me and this lovely girl work on dinner.â? She looked at Kiara, â??As long as you donâ??t mind helping that is?â?

For a moment, Kiara was still frozen. The new coming was handsome too! A common girl in the middle of all this attractive... perfection. The woman could probably cook perfectly as well. Cooking! Oh! "Oh, of... of course! I don't mind at all!" Kiara shyly approached Alan's sister and awaited instructions on what to do first.

The men picked up children left and right hauling the mottly crew outside in a chorus of giggles and laughing. The woman smiled sitting down, â??Truth is Iâ??m done with dinner I just wanted them out of the house so I can get to know you.â? She pushed another chair out next to her nodding to it. â??Iâ??m Cassandra and that man you saw come in behind you is Tomas my husband.â? She smiled at Kiara, â??And you are?â?

Now Kiara was even more nervous. Cooking dinner was one thing because they would have been focusing on something other then one another. But now... Laine did not even take a seat, she just nervously stood nearby, "K-Kiara. It's nice to meet you." And that was all she could find to say. She was still almost mesmerized by the woman before her's beauty.

Cassandra sighed and stood back up moving over to Kiara, â??Well Kiara, that is a beautiful name by the way, I think you are in shock.â? The woman placed her hand on Kiaraâ??s cheek smiling, â??I know that look I had it the first time I met Tomas too.â? Smiling even wider she leaned in close whispering, â??Alan is very handsome isnâ??t he?â?

"WHAT?!" That was NOT what Kiara thought Cassandra was going to say when she started to speak. And now her cheeks were burning even warmed and brighter in embarrassment. "He's... he's a... a fine man I guess. I don't know. I... I suppose." She was tongue tied now. "It's rather warm in here."

Cassandra couldnâ??t help but chuckle as she guided the young woman to her chair smiling. â??Well then if its getting hot then you should sit down.â? Smiling she went over and poured them both some water before sitting back down. â??He reminds me so much of Tomasâ?¦but he did back when the three of us first met also.â? She smiled patting Kiaraâ??s hand, â??Let me guess you were rescued by Alan from the jaws of death am I right?â?

Kiara had just raised the cup of water to her lips for a drink when she had to stop in shock, "How do you know that? He did in fact." Her thoughts started to wander then. How many times had he done this before? How many other naked women had he carried away on his handsome horse, flashing that handsome smile? How many women did he capture the hearts of and promise to protect them until they didn't need it anymore only to leave them with broken hearts in his past? She wasn't special. She was just next in line.

Smiling Cassandra saw all the doubts flashing through Kiaraâ??s eyes knowing exactly what she was thinking, having been through the same. â??I knew because he and Tomas did the same for me.â? She looked deeper into her eyes waiting for the questions that she knew were coming and expecting the torrent of them to last minutes.

The next few moments were pure silence and a stunned face to say the least. "You? You were... like me?" A embarrassment was gone in a flash and the questions just poured out as she moved to sit closer, "When? How? Did they take you in the night like me? Did they ever leave you alone? Did you ever see your family again? Did... did it... was it the reason you married Tomas?"

She smiled nodding slowly. â??It was a long time ago nearly sixteen years. And yes it was the reason I married Tomas.â? She smiled as the memory came back, â??He and Alan saved me just in time. That was when we all met, Tomas and Alan became like brothers to me as we traveled back to my village. But by the time we reached here Tomas and I were moreâ?¦I had given him my heart, and my virginity by then. Alan understood that even though he was losing his partner he knew that he gained a sister and a family again.â? She smiled wiping a tear away sighing lightly.

Kiara listened intently to all Cassandra had to say. "So... Alan has been doing this for over 16 years?" But he didn't even seem much older than her. She sighed, "All this makes no sense to me. I'm just a simple girl from a simple village. That's all. And now my whole world is upside down. And the worst part is... I don't think it will ever be right side up again. I just want to run away and never look back. Or just..." she sighed again, "He's in my head Cassandra. The one they tried to give me to. He warns me that he is coming and that he'll kill all that stand between us. I shouldn't even be here now! I am putting everyone in danger!"

Cassandra reached out taking Kiaraâ??s hand, â??Listen to me Kiara, Alan and Tomas have been doing this a lot longer then you would think is possible considering how young they look.â? She reached up brushing a strand of hair back from her face, â??They like you and I were given somethingâ?¦they were given it to continue their good workâ?¦we were given it to keep us appealing.â? She sighs, â??We grow old at a much slower rate than others my dear, ever since the captured you even if you were asleep or knocked out at the time they made you drink something that slowed your aging process. However all that aside I promise you that Alan will never let Kiel have you, you mean too much to him already.â?

This news made Laine's head spin even more. She grew pale as well. How old were they? And was she to be one of them as well now? How old would she grow to be? Would she ever die? How could she live a normal life like that? The answer was... she couldn't. Her voice dropped to a whisper. And louder and she was afraid she would burst into tears, "How can this be happen? And how on earth could you know anything about what I mean to Alan? I just met him. He knows nothing about me. You have not even spoken to him yet. You can't know these things." Tears were welling up in her eyes.

Cassandra laughed, â??I have known Alan for a long time and he is horrible at hiding his feelings.â? She smiled reaching out brushing a hand across Kiaraâ??s cheek she smiled, â??Just give it time my dear.â? Moments later the group of kids and two men came back in, the kids seemed a lot less energetic then they had been, but that could easily have been because of getting it all burned out of them from the play they had just been doing. There was a step on the stairs and then a squeal of happiness and a blur of movement and red rushed past the woman. For a second time that day Alan found himself on his back on the floor only this time it was a beautiful woman on top of him, kissing him even. â??Oh Alan I knew you would be back finally, I missed you in my bed so much.â? Alan blinked looking at the woman on top of him, â??Daphne? What are you talâ?¦â? he was silenced by another kiss.

When the door opened and the men and children game piling into the room, Kiara could not help but smile a little. It was a charming sight. Maybe he did have feelings for her. If so this certainly could be a sight she could get use to seeing. They would have a long time together. But in the next moment, a new sight filled her eyes. Alan in the arms of another woman, lying on the floor as one would in a bed. Kiara's smile instantly vanished, her face pale, and her hopes were done. Oh yes, Alan was horrible at hiding his feelings alright. It was painted all over the floor just like the two of them were. She couldn't look once the girl went in for another kiss. She turned her face away. Yes, he was a real open book.

Alan was quick to push the woman back and because of his strength that came from his use of the sword he was able to push her off him and stand quickly. â??Daphneâ?¦what are you doing here?â? he asked in shock. Cassandra could see what Kiara was thinking, the pain and betrayal were written plainly on her face, she would need to have a talk with her later but for now it was time to find something to distract Alan and Daphne. â??Alright get washed up all of you, Daphne help the kids while Alan you and Tomas take the well out back.â? Alan unlike Daphne was relieved to get away and quickly headed out the back door.

Daphne pouted as she watched Alan slip quickly out the backdoor with Tomas. But a moment later, her smile returned. Her world was suddenly bright and full of promise once again. It had been a long time she she had seen him last. Since he had saved her from the block like he had Cassandra. In her head, theirs was a great love story like Cassandra and Tomas', but it just all in her head.

"Come on you little wild animals, wash up!" she said and the little children all went to the makeshift sink in the corner of the room. As she was about to cross the room to them, she at last caught sight of Kiara sitting across the room. The smile, turning into a mean frown, "And who exactly do you think you are?"

Kiara turned her head towards her, a bit shocked that she could speak to her like that. "Ummm... I am Kiara. I'm... Alan is helping me get back home..."

The look on Daphne's face turned into a smirk then, "Isn't he thoughtful like that? He helps poor girls like you all the time. Then he always comes home to use. ALWAYS."

"Congratulations," was all Kiara could say back.

Cassandra sighed looking at Daphne and shaking her head slowly. She looked like she was about to say something when suddenly she jerked around fear clouding her eyes as she looked to the door where the men had gone out. â??Forgive me girls I need to check on something out back can you two pull the roast and rolls out of the oven.â? She didnâ??t wait for a response but was out the door quickly.

What she had heard was the clang of metal on metal, and even thought Alan had cast a silencing spell almost the instant the battle had started she had still noticed. By the time that Cassandra had come rushing out the door it was already done and another servant of Kiel lay dead at Alanâ??s feet. Tomas had been caught off guard and had a small cut on his arm which Cassandra started tending as Alan dealt with the body. Cassandra sighed, â??Let me guess she said if she even saw another attacker she wouldnâ??t go home right?â? Alan just nodded, â??Help me get Tomas inside I need to wash this wound,â? before he husband could object Cassandra and Alan had carried him to the door and back inside the kitchen.

Daphne was just finishing helping the children dry their hands, Kiara placing the roast in the middle of the table when they both looked to the door, both gasping. Daphne more than Cassandra. Drama queen. "Tomas! What happened? Your arm."

Kiara looked at the wounded, then to Tomas' face... then to Alan's face. Somewhere inside she thought she knew, and she watched his face to see if he his eyes lied while he spoke to her.

Cassandra didnâ??t let Daphne near Tomas instead giving orders to the girl, â??Daphne get me the clear rags from the cupboard over there.â? Alan looked into Kiaraâ??s eyes concern for Tomas showing through them. He had learned a long time ago how to mask that he was lying behind a strong emotion. However Tomas spoke before he had a chance. â??Blast that old water trough; I never knew its edges were so sharp.â? He cursed lightly as Cassandra poured some salt water over the cut before pulling the bandage tight. Alan looked over at his friend before walking over shaking his head and patting the mans shoulder, â??I told you I would knock you down if you attacked me like that.â? Cassandra said nothing but stood shaking her head, muttering under her breath, â??Men.â?

"Men?" Daphne commented, "More like children."

Kiara was still silent, not sure if she believed it or not. Lies... a voice inside her head seemed to say. Lies.... all lies.... She shut her eyes quickly then, trying to block out the voice. While everyone was all gathered around tending Tomas, Kiara took it upon herself to finish putting dinner on the table to keep her mind busy.

Alan left the group seeing that Tomas was going to be fine. He stepped over and started to pull out the plates and utensils helping Kiara set the table. He sighed not liking lying to her but he knew that if she found out about the attacker she would probably run away right into the hands of another one of Kielâ??s minions. He stopped Kiara for a moment lifting her chin to look into her eyes, â??Hey, it was nothing for you to worry about I promise.â? He wasnâ??t lying this time he honestly believed what he was saying, he didnâ??t notice how close he was too her or the daggers that Daphne was glaring at the two of them.

Back
Top Bottom