Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Death Star

Candira

Singularity
So...who's idea was it to replace the beautiful moon with the iconic Death Star? I'm not sure what to think at this point.

You will see the power of this fully operational battle station!" "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

It's nice to know there are people who enjoy Star Wars enough to quote so many lines.

MrPenguin said:
Eh, Death star isn't the deadliest thing someone made in starwars. The Star Destroyer is. :p
Wasn't a star destroyer pulled down from the sky?

MrPenguin said:
Eh, Death star isn't the deadliest thing someone made in starwars. The Star Destroyer is. :p

actually you're wrong when the death star destroyed aldeeran obi-won said it would take a great amount of star destroyers to destroy a planet, more power then the empire has so actually the death star is the strongest

Hehe, I love it. Does this mean we can rename the site Blue Death Star? I'd like that. o.o

Vekseid said:
MrPenguin is thinking of the Sun Crusher.
Yea thank you. >.< That is what I meant. xD Cause that thing could wipe a galaxy by destroying a star and thus causing a black hole.

MrPenguin said:
Vekseid said:
MrPenguin is thinking of the Sun Crusher.
Yea thank you. >.< That is what I meant. xD Cause that thing could wipe a galaxy by destroying a star and thus causing a black hole.

Creating black holes does not, generally, destroy galaxies.

True but, it can really damage one since any planet close enough to the black hole with be sent into a vacuum of infinite density and thus smashing them into atom size.

-sigh- So much misinformation!

The Sun Crusher did not destroy galaxies, or create black holes. It fired a resonance torpedo into a star, and destabilized it over the course of a few hours. The star would then proceed to go supernova, wiping out the local solar system.

It was also plated in quatnum armour, an armour made of a material that had been structurally re-engineered to be atomically stacked as densely as physics allowed making the ship essentially invulnerable. It did at one point suffer some engine damage when it was clipped by a shot from the super laser mounted on the Death Star Prototype.

Well, after it caused a supernova it would also cause a premature blackhole. Since I do believe the cycle of a sun is Supernova then if small enough it will go into a black hole stage. So in fact it would lead to it causing a blackhole.

You attempt to use logic in Star Wars?!? :p

I'm pretty sure you're right about the cycle, though they never made mention of any black holes actually forming from the stars that were detonated in the book series, nor in any of the extra reference materials on the subject. One might try and argue that the resonance torpedo might actually destroy enough of the matter to prevent the forming of a black hole (I am honestly too lazy to go and dig out the novels to check the actual way a torpedo is supposed to work according to the 'science' of it all.) It's anyone's game/guess really.

I'd actually forgotten the stars cycle of life/death. Shows how long it's been since I studied anything to do with astronomy.

Cerberus said:
MrPenguin said:

actually you're wrong when the death star destroyed aldeeran obi-won said it would take a great amount of star destroyers to destroy a planet, more power then the empire has so actually the death star is the strongest

Still not.

Old Republic had it best with the Star Forge.

Yes,it was a forge of infinite power that mass produced machines of war faster than anyone could destroy them.

Deathstar may win in raw power, but Star Forge is the strategic omega.

prettylyksin said:

• I'm a Trekkie. D :
      I don't really like Star Wars
      > >;;
      [/list:u][/list:u]

• But Mare Imbrium lines up with the superlaser! >_>

Back
Top Bottom