Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Iowa legalizes same-sex marriage.

Trazz

Star
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30027685/">http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30027685/</a><!-- m -->

DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court says the state's same-sex marriage ban violates the constitutional rights of gay and lesbian couples, making it the third state where gay marriage is legal.

In a unanimous ruling issued Friday, the court upheld a 2007 Polk County District Court judge's ruling that the law was unconstitutional.

I did not see that coming. Go Iowa.

This just makes California's failure sting even harder.

Kawamura said:
Taidon said:
For The Win.

Less hate is always a good thing.

I imagine it's not 'less hate'. It's simply 'more fair'. The two are a bit different.

Its both.

There is enough "not hate" for there to be more fair.

Regardless were doomed as a species so it doesn't really matter.

Oh hush. There's no hate.

Just the rupture of an ideology that's been ingrained inside most of our heads for the last god knows how many years.

Taidon said:
[
Its both.

There is enough "not hate" for there to be more fair.

Regardless were doomed as a species so it doesn't really matter.

I dunno. I can hate someone but still be fair with them.

And that's a silly way of putting it. As a student of astro and the like, I don't run around going 'it's useless because (according to current theory) the universe is going to keep expanding until the only thing left is a constant level of radiation'.

ugggh, We must get off dis planet soon, if the universe keeps expanding eventually there will be a certain point where it would be impossibble to transverse to galaxy to galaxy cause their so far away.

Hot diggety-dog! Who's up for a marriage in Iowa?

Nevermind that, I am still unfortunately... single. Bah.
To hell with you lot.

Much love,
-L

dammit, I cant find my copy of New Theory of Everything.

If humans cant break past the speed of light then we would never be able to get across the universe. Even if we did however, if the universe continues to expand eventually there will be a point where it would be impossible to go galaxy to galaxy.

if I sound like an Idiot, forgive me. I cant fully recall what I read. Astronomy is just an intrest, and I am largely ignorant on many thing concerning it.

If you're already talking about going above light speed, you're not really got much room to talk about limits.

Like I said, Im still very ignorant.

I do like the I idea or sending out a computer in space so fast it can do an infinite number of equations in a finite amount of time.

but various problems go along with this, and most likely it will never happen.

The faster you send something moving relative to us, the slower it goes (relative to us).

So, say my computer does 100 eqns/sec in my reference frame. If I send the computer out at three-quarters the speed of light, it'll only look like he's doing about 66 eqns/sec.

Of course, he'll still be doing the same rate in his frame, his journey will just take less time in his reference frame to balance it out.

But if you send out a computer to do the equations by itself, and it tries to relay the information back to us on earth. wouldnt our machine thats reciving have to speed up also??? If the computer in space is sending out an infinite amount of information, wouldnt the computer on earth have to be capable of getting the infinite amount instantly.

That's why I included an actual number. If you're relaying equations back from the computer going at .75c, it's going to be pumping out 66 equations/sec in our time frame. 100 equations/sec in it's time frame, but the time spent will be less.

I'm unsure where the infinite comes in, though, as all computers give a finite amount, regardless of speed.

New Theorys On Everything by John D Barrow!!!!!

You should read it. I thinks you would likes it a lot!

ahhh, ah well, I tried. its just 14 buck at barns n noble so if you ever wanna read something intresting.

Anyway this thread got derailed.

*laughs*

I'm trying to stay in the more technical works. I mean, concepts are fantastic as are hypotheses, but I've gone through enough school to want access to the meat, nasty math included.

Back
Top Bottom