Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Group Roleplays: What do You Think of Them?

K

Kite Xiroh

Discussion on the topic of Group Roleplays.

GO!

I like GRPs because all the different players add their own different flavors to the mix.

In general they can be fun. I've been in a couple that were interesting.

More often than not though they tend to get hectic if too many people are allowed on the stage, they over shadow eachother and don't end up blending well, and then you have to start keeping track of who's where doing what etc...

This is true. Too many players can get out of control. I've experienced something of the such. It was definitely a lesson learned the hard way.

I really think that group role-plays are not so bad. However, it depends on the content of the person joining the role play. One person can make the whole story line change. Which, can be a good and bad thing.

The few good group story lines I have joined have been closed to the general public and kept between friends. Saves quite the headache. xD

I tend to prefer group RPs that only allow a limited amount of people, but I'll join it anyway if I like the idea enough.

speaking of group RPs.

Now that I'm not moving between houses,
or stressing about not having a job,

I'll be finishing the final tweaks and starting up Red Eclipse.
Depending on how well it goes, I may make a couple group RPs for the Red Eclipse universe.

They can be fun, but I normally do tend to stay clear of them.
Mainly because, for me, relying on more than one person to post is a little annoying, depending on the situation in the RP.

Doesn't mean to say I will never do one ever again! XD

I hate it when people end up pairing off, and then the leftovers kinda straggle while all the other ones are too busy boning eachother. After that, the plot plateau's off and dies.

I think something very similar occurs even without sex.

I mean, your RP could be PG, but people are still going to head off into small groups and there's little interaction among these groups. You end up seeing the same folks on as you for awhile and everyone else sorta posts at times when you can't interact, yada yada.

unless you are a semi-decent RPer and you can take leadership of your RP and 'conduct' the group as a whole towards similar goals and benefits for each character to keep them together and progressing the storyline.

or, ya'know, don't.

and as for posting;;

for Group RPs there is no other way, you HAVE to have a posting cycle.
and it's best to get to know the other members a bit personally so you know when they are available and when they aren't.

DJBayview said:
and as for posting;;

for Group RPs there is no other way, you HAVE to have a posting cycle.
and it's best to get to know the other members a bit personally so you know when they are available and when they aren't.

Posting cycles are really helpful, but that also means you can hit a bit of a problem when you lose a character.

Which is the big problem I have with group RPs: I or someone else disappear for a few weeks and the thing is dead.

Luna said:
I've always had trouble when one person quits. After that it dies.

That was one of the reasons my group roleplay died.
We were all getting on and interacting well, then one person quit and it all fell apart.
We had to change a lot of the story and player interaction.
We had put a lot of work into it and then to have to change it all again, it was just too annoying.

Back
Top Bottom