Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vampire Corpse Haven IV ~Bunny and Ducky~

Evey pressed closer to the male. He was damp from the rain causing her once loose dress to cling wetly to her pale flesh. It surely bore a bit more to the eyes, but with the dirt smudges now present it distracted from any real details that may have been revealed. Evey twined her fingers into the hair of his nape. She spoke only to him, yet her voice carried in the stunned silence, "I thought you'd come sooner, but I also didn't remember how I got here so I didn't know how you'd find your way to me. With all this dreary weather it surely washed any scents away." It seemed the youngster responded in a way he may have if he felt the need to remark. "The weather has been awful these couple months." Strange girl, commenting on the weather. As if needing to fill him in on her life up until now she continued, "I had horrible nightmares for so long, " she frowned against his skin her eyes shutting as her long eyelashes tickled his flesh, "When I woke up I was here. They took care of me...so, I am alive." Her eyebrows furrowed as her fingers pulled at his hair roughly, "I ... don't understand why ...you...I know what I saw, but I don't understand your choice." Her voice was harsh and broken. Her honey voice was so angry it hardly seemed to belong to her. Instead of accusing him of not protecting her from Artemis or attackers, she clutched at him, "Why didn't you chose me. I had always been with you." Typical Evey, jealously clouded any insight to her own welfare.

She pulled slightly from him, shifting in his protective embrace to peer into one of his eyes as her nose pressed to his cheek. "If it isn't obvious you can't protect me from everything, so I don't understand why you'd be distant with yourself in any aspect." Her golden green eyes spoke of frustrated determination, as she chattered on, oblivious to the audience. "Now, I fear with winter coming in Paris, the weather won't be well enough for me to see your "cultured" sites." She scoffed her anger seeming to spread into every subject possible. Irritated with the silence that was only complimented by the patter of rain she exhaled roughly, "Why is it still raining?"

Confusion marred Vox's features as he looked from Evey to Laetitia, and then at the empty door. Isetnofret was right, the man was dangerous, he had found out first hand. He needed to be contained. With Laetitia having her hands full, and the other fledglings meekly standing in the shadowed corners he peered at Evey. Reaching forward he grabbed her bicep in his large hand. The tan contrasting so darkly against her pale flesh it look as if it was an unsightly blemish. A small gasp interrupted her stream of chatter, as if being brought back to reality at his touch.

Frustrated from the spectacle and exhausted from previous nights with a young child he was probably a bit too rough in his attempt to pry her from Riley's embrace. Evey merely clung more tightly her hands returning to Riley's clothing as she twisted it into her palm. "Come now, we will give him food, clean cloths and a warm bed, but he needs to be quarantined at least until we decide he's not suitable for death...which, judging by my previous encounter with him - it should be a quick judgement.." Vox- so tactless, and not at all comforting. Growling the strong male bent to wrap one forearm around her waist, trying to haul her away from man.

"No!" she exclaimed, shaking her head wildly as curls tumbled over her face, "He didn't know. He didn't know! I came back and I found him after. He stopped when he saw me. He wanted to heal me too. But, I ran. I ran. He came after me. He came back." She chanted loudly, broken with sobs at being pulled away so soon.

Vox gritted his teeth, how did a fledgling get so strong, her grip was a vise. "That-- That doesn't even make sense!" He exhaled with exasperation. "Evey!"

He allowed her to press in close and tug at him as she will, offering up no resistance to Every but still he kept quiet. Riley would not explain himself to strangers and fledglings alike. But when Vox moved to pull Every away, much to her protest, his patience wore thin. Moving quickly, he pried Vox's fingers from Evey's arm so that he wouldn't pull the girl into the scuffle. And once she was free from his grasp, Riley was upon the foolish vampire. "Clearly you have not learned your lesson on when it is appropriate to touch a woman. Allow me to teach you in a way you won't soon forget," Riley mutters, a dark promise in those words as he wrenches the male's arm, putting pressure enough to damage the elbow but break nothing, yet, so long as Vox submitted to the grip and fell to his knees. A blade appears in the dark youth's hand, aiming to rid Vox of those digits he used to offend ladies with so often.

Laetitia gasps, the situation quickly getting out of hand. And more concerning, she recognized the dagger in Riley's hand. It was Iset's. If the boy was deft of hand, daring, and skilled enough to steal a wepon right of the ancient's own body, then it was safe to say she wanted no trouble with the boy without her strongest ally present. "Please, don't," comes her soft plea. It was far from begging, but she was willing to humble herself in her own house to ask. This was her haven and she certainly didn't want the blood of her first love to be spilled out of some foolishness of boys. Not while Artemis lurked.

Vox growled, too slow and with little combat experience he wasn't a challenge to subdue. But, Vox had persistance and emotion usually on his side. "Women hardly know whats good for them. Often times they are confused and need a little encouragement. But, I don't see you running to save the many damsels, so perhaps you mean, when it is appropriate to infact, touch your woman." Vox stupidly contemplated continuing to challenge Riley in strength. Not wishing to lose his pride or strength. Especially infront of a crowd. But, with Laetitia's worried voice rolling behind him he frowned. Humbling himself was a hard endeavor. His eyes narrowed as he took one knee, noting it was probably the best choice for his health once he noticed Iset's knife in his grasp. His forearm muscles tensed as he attempted to wench his wrist free from the man; feeling as though he had just been treated like a mildly annoying woman. A woman who needed to be put in her place by sheer dominance. The man winced at the though before looking towards Laetitia feeling all the more embarrassed he couldn't protect his own house or woman without the assistance of the Ancient.

Evey rose from her place on the floor where she was unceremoniously dropped. Placing her face to Riley's back she clung to him, her arms wrapping around his waist. Finally peering at Laetitia the youngster attempted to change the subject, "What room will he be residing in so I may find him fresh cloths?"

Vox went down easily enough, though he continues to run his mouth even when overpowered. Years of whoring about had made him soft, but Riley could understand that a loose tongue was probably also a result of his immoral sort of lifestyle. However, the lady of the house had yet to offend him, and so he sought to treat her with respect. She asked him to stop, and so the youth would. Kicking Vox away from him, he glares down at the pathetic male with contempt before turning to face Laetitia.

She was also a petite woman, very pretty, and clearly at home here with a babe in her arms. How curious to see a vampire tend to a human child. But again, that could wait. Riley gives the woman a stiff bow, as best as he can with Evey pressed up against his back like she was. "Milady, I mean you no disrespect and I will surrender peacefully under two conditions. First, Evey is exempt from the quarantine. I obviously mean no harm to the one I've sworn to protect. Second, I will explain myself only to you, the head of the household. No one else has any right to inquire of me, and if they attempt to question me, I will take offense. You may bring your attack dog if you want, but keep your man whore away from me if you care to keep him," he states, casting a hostile glance over Vox's way before reaching back to wrap his fingers gently around Evey. "If these terms please you, my lady, I submit and I am yours," he finishes, standing proudly in a room full of cowering fledglings.

Laetitia moves to hand the child back to Vox, once he rights himself to free up her hands and also to make sure that he is alright. Then turning, she takes measure of the boy, and nods. "I find your terms acceptable. I figure we'd have a hard time keeping Evey away from you anyway. Follow me," she purrs out, her skirts swaying about her feet as she leads the two towards an empty room away from as many occupied rooms as possible. Opening the door of the room that fits that requirement, she waves them on it. "I will bring clothes, a basin of warm water, and blood along shortly. Please, wait inside," she demands of them, a stern sort of smile on her red painted lips. Things always got interesting when Artemis crashes the party.

Vox quickly corrected himself, taking the child in his arms gently. He would go else where while the sun was still rising. His time limited he cast a glare back at Riley before his raged turned to Laetitia, " I want him gone when I return." With that he took the child and left.

Artemis lingered near by for a moment, watching the events unfold. She easily avoided the detection for now, but she only had a few more moments until someone would be on to her. Enraged at the turn of events she'd retreat to find a new plan. Charging in during such tense times would prove to be her downfall. However, the new conflict between Laetitia's previous lover and Riley may prove useful. She pondered for moment, trying to think of a way to snatch the precious fledgling. With both Riley and Iset near by it would be nearly impossible for now. Stealthily she retreated to a shelter very well hidden. She had never grown accustom to taking shelter out of domestication. The current circumstances definitely put the ancient in a worse mood. Things never seem to go her way. Pondering she thought of older times. Being part of the council. Perhaps she could involve them, a large organized group. Artemis could possibly get on their good side if she spoke of this new Haven. They took great pleasure in dispatching vampires that were outside their control.

Once entering the quarters Evey detached herself from Riley. Regarding him from a small unusual distance.

Riley closes the door and leans his forehead against the wood of it for a moment, both listening to Laetitia's retreating footsteps and organizing his thoughts. When he turns back to Evey, the dark haired youth finds her both closer than he expects and yet further than is typical of Evey. He closes the distance and moves as if to embrace her, but instead closes his hands about her shoulders turning her this way and that to look for any lasting effects of her injuries.

"You ran from me. You know all of this could have been avoided had you just not ran," he says, sounding faintly angry, which is unusual for Riley. He couldn't recall having ever used an angry tone with Evey before. Frustrated, sure. But angry? No, this was new. The girl drove him mad. Seeing that she had healed nicely, he pulls her against him, burying his nose in golden curls and breathing in a lung full of her sweet vanilla scent.

Sinking to the floor, he keeps his arms around her middle, pulling her down into his lap, much like the last day they had together. "I have been looking for you every day since I lost you. What you saw was not a moment of passion nor anything you should want for yourself. It simply served a purpose," He tries to explain, but his brows furrow together the slightest bit. How could he explain to his sweet charge that he was so sadistic. That what had been violence had simply transitioned into violent sex simply because it suited the combatants. She was too sweet to understand such.

"Surely you want more than to just serve a purpose. I believe you deserve better than that. Better than the sort of love I have to offer. Perhaps I have been cruel in staying with you, it would be best to leave you here among friends. That whore of a man can most certainly sway you with pretty words, given time," he mutters, more to himself at this point, relaxing enough to Evey finally back where she belongs that he can give himself over to such an internal debate aloud. Absentmindedly, his roughened hands from years of handling weapons, both before and after his death, smooth along her thin white dress, taking inventory of her gentle and slight curves, well, the ones that weren't pressed up against his chest.

Evey stood cold as he inspected her. Frowning in distress at his angry tone. How could he be mad at her? Confusion mixed with her own anger as her golden-green eyes met his face, "I had barely escaped my attacker only to find her in my most sacred of havens--your arms. What would you have done if your sanctuary was violated?" She was almost tempted to swat him away, but as he pulled her closer, settling her into his lap her heated anger melted into a smoldering embrace. One slender arm weaved around his ribs, as another snaked around his neck. Nimble fingers curled around his nape, stroking the sensitive skin there.

She nuzzled his neck as he breathed in her scent, almost as if she was intent on marking him. "Don't leave me here," she pleaded softly, "I can serve purposes for you too."

The dark haired youth looks down into hazel eyes in surprise and allows for a slight smile. Riley simply allowed himself to enjoy the press of a soft female body pressed against him, as it had been quite a while since he had indulged in such an innocent embrace and felt the fingers of another toy with his hair, though he regretted not showering. The rain had not done enough to wash the filth from him and now that something so clean was being dirtied as a result, he was less than pleased. But he pushed those thoughts aside for now. "We'll talk of this business tomorrow but for tonight, will you stay with me?" he asks of the girl. He wasn't sure that the girl would stick with routine after all this time, and he could humble himself a little and request for her companionship for once.

A knock on the door sounds before Evey has a chance to answer and he apologizes softly to the girl before disentangling himself from her to open the door. Laetitia is there with a towel and some of clothes of Vox she had never seen him touch. Simple black slacks and an old wine colored button up, she figured it would be to his tastes enough and Vox would hopefully not notice the missing garments. "Shower is down the hall, and Iset is roaming. She'll know if you wander off, and it would be best not to annoy her," she chirps with an apologetic smile, thrusting the pile of cloth at Riley before brushing past him to place a sealed bottle of blood on the table next to the bed and two glasses beside that. "Best to let it warm as you will, right now it probably still has a bit of a chill to it," she recommends. "Anything else that might make your technically unwilling stay more pleasant?" she inquires with a quirk of a brow. Laetitia was quite uncomfortable with the idea of keeping a prisoner, but what could she do?

Evey appeared from behind Riley gathering the towel and clothing from Laetitia. Without a word the petite woman trounces into the rooms adjoining bathroom. Placing the articles upon the sink she begins to run some water. Evey, who always loved a good warm bath decides against it this time. Considering Riley was so dirty she thought a shower would do best. A bath, after all, was for soaking and relaxing, not for actual cleaning. She wouldn't want to wade around in her own filth. Testing the water with her slender hand she nodded to herself. That temperature would do.

After preparing everything she frowned. Evey, herself wasn't dirty, just her dress. Though, she knew Riley often locked the door when he showered anyhow. Brushing at the dirt of her dress a little she thought it best she changed. She wasn't willing to leave the room, so in her usual manner she grabbed the shirt meant for Riley.

Pulling the straps from her shoulders she let the dress pull at her feet. Stepping out of it she left it on the floor before taking a moment to at least splash some water on her neck and chest. Tugging the large shirt over her head she non to gently yanked her hair from below the color. The shirt touched just above her creamy thighs. Returning to the shower she splashed some more water on her face washing away most of the dirt before combing her hand through the wild curls. She stood at the threshold of the shower with a sigh, she yearned to finally shower with her companion. With a frown of bitterness she realized that he had shared the shower with another. So, perhaps, Evey thought, it was best this way.

Riley watches the girl bound off with the towel and clothes met for him and gives Laetitia a small, weary but appreciative smile. "You are a most gracious host, Milady," he murmurs quietly in thanks.

"I'll never have it said that the Delostas family has lost it's honor and doesn't see to the needs of it's guests," Laetitia responds with a small curtsy though she never takes her eyes off of the youthful face before her. "We shall speak tomorrow at sunset about your relationship with Artemis and your intentions from here on out. Do not lie to me, young man, for that is one insult I will not tolerate," she warns in a stern, maternal sort of voice before turning to head back to the common area and make sure all her vampiric charges are off to bed. "Good day, Riley. Sleep well," she calls over her slim shoulder, curls brushing along her back with every light step down the hall.

Riley runs a hand through his dirty hair before heading in the opposite direction down the hall towards the sound of running water. Slipping inside the sterile looking bathroom, very modern in its decorations, the soft curls and curves of Evey seem almost out of place. He'd have appreciated the sight so much more if she hadn't been wearing his shirt. "Take that off. It's bad enough I have to dress in the manwhore's clothing. I'll not tolerate seeing you wearing his shirts," the dark haired male says roughly, restraining the impulse to tear the fabric from her body himself.

Her words had awoken a hunger in him. He was picturing dark things that involved creamy skin that would probably frighten the hazel eyed angel that prepared his shower for him. Carefully moving so as to avoid any physical contact that might further antagonize his current state, he disrobes, tossing his dirty clothes directly into the trash for they were beyond help. Distantly, he realized that he had only been nude before Evey once before and that was not a pleasant evening, but tonight was a strange night and Riley had had enough of polite curtsies and propriety. He just wanted a shower and restful sleep for the first time in months.

Evey's bright smile quickly faded as Riley chastised her about her choice of wardrobe. She looked down as her nimble fingers already began to unbutton the article. Golden hair masked her face as it cascaded around her.

"But, it doesn't even smell like him... it smells of fresh cotton..." she said more to herself, she wasn't one to disobey Riley often. Though, to her fledgling sense there would be no scent of the man. Pausing she peered up through her lashes as she heard clothing drop, her eyes settling on her companion's flexing back. As if being sly she slightly turned her back as well, her head still tilted downwards. She was pretending to eye the pile of abandoned clothing. However, the swirling molten in her eyes suggest her gaze fell elsewhere.

As always, Evey became absorbed in thoughts, dropping her pitiful facade rather quickly. Forgetting she was trying to be clever she stared openly at him, her lush lips puckering a bit. It wasn't as if Riley had been particularly emotional, but Evey, having traveled with him for so long, was able to pick up on any subtle changes in the man.

Turning to face him with barely contained glee, she corked an eyebrow before running her hands down the button row of the shirt. The creamy skin from chest to navel exposed flawless skin upon soft lean muscle. There were no hard lines to the petite woman's body, only dips and curves rather than jagged planes. The open shirt allowing the soft swells of her breasts to be visible without showing much else. Her delicate collar bone only added to the contrast of her chest, which looked rather delectable due to her pose.

"Perhaps..." she said softly, to gain attention, as she stroked the cotton near her thighs. "Perhaps, I like the feel of his shirt." With a dramatic sigh she smoothed her hand down her slender thigh before returning it to her chest where she covered her heart. As if about to swoon she continued, "He did take great care of me! And he's great with kids!"

Meanwhile Vox returned, intercepting Laetitia in the hall. His large hand smoothed over her lower back gently so as not to startle her with his sudden appearance. "He's still here?" he said rather gruffly. He voice portrayed his irritation, but his eyes would show his worry. Obviously, the man was not settled with Riley and his reputation, especially in his home. Often times Vox still seemed to see things through human eyes, looking at his first love as if she had been as fragile as when they were mortal lovers.

Riley had been biting down on his angry reaction up until the point that Evey decided to try to make him jealous with the notion of Vox taking care of her. Turning on her very slowly, he eyes her like one would a farm animal, taking stock but with the slightest bit of disdain for a lesser creature. After the hell he had put himself through, he was in no mood for Evey's little games. Closing the distance between them suddenly, he rips the fabric from her body roughly, in a way that would likely leave a bit of bruising. "You claim you want to service me and yet you'd believe it wise to play jealous games?" he inquires in a calm, cool voice. Strong fingers capture her round face in a tight grasp, forcing her to look up into his eyes. "You decide in this moment, you give yourself to me and only me. Or, you have your fun. I will not abandon keeping you safe should you want to play, but if you give yourself to me and try to toy with me, it will end badly for you," he threatens in a soft voice, cursing himself internally for every word. Too much being said. Green eyes apologize even as his mouth hardens and he awaits her response.

Even with such a gentle touch, Laeitia still starts at Vox's sudden presence next to her. She gives him a small smile and throws her arms around his neck, pressing her body against his there in the middle of the hallway. Tired of the act, she kisses the man, clinging to him desperately. She felt like an old woman, all the mess she had lived through and just once she wanted comfort that didn't seem fleeting. Something to cling to through the day, no guilt of a human relationship, no worries hanging over her head. It was the least Vox could do for her and in return, she could be kind to him. No games, not for today at least.

Evey mirth drastically dissipated as Riley approached her. A small squeak fell from her lips as the shirt was torn from her roughly. Her right arm immediately crossed her chest to rub a sore shoulder as she slouched. Her eyes squinted against the sharpness of the pain as her head bowed. Feeling his fingers on her jaw she didn't resist as he upturned her face. Molten eyes met green as she internalized his words. Evey's posture completely changed as even her toes curled in submission.

She let the silence linger for a long time, the bathroom seeming cold even as steam rose around them. She was very still her expression unreadable save for her submissive stance. Finally, after a long moment her eyes softened to a glowing hazel, "Riley," she began noting the small flicker in his eyes as well, " I do not wish to satisfy you as a servant, no better than a piece of furniture you'd fling away after becoming tired of its pattern...but as a companion." Feeling as if she defined it well enough she tilted her head down to kiss his palm before stepping just a mere inch away to regard him further. "I've always been the one faithful to our companionship." She reminded him with a knowing lift of her delicate eyebrows.

"However, I can't give myself to you at this time. I'm more partial to sweet smelling morsels and you smell like rot." With a bright smile she brushed her fingers along his hip as she paced around him to open the shower door, indicating towards it with an open hand. Her naked skin began to glisten as the steam settled on her soft skin like dew. Her curls always silky began to lengthen and become heavier as the moisture gathered there. She wasn't silly enough to assume he'd welcome her into his bathing corridors. Her politeness in that aspect remained.

Vox mumbled in surprise as his lover turned to embrace him. Grumbling to himself at her neglect of his question. But it was all forgotten as her soft body pressed to his. " I suppose he's still here..." he frowned even as he bent to nuzzle her neck with a soft brush of his lips. His arms wrapped around her slender waist as he pressed her against the wall. Vox's strong grasp moved towards her ribs as he tenderly pressed her more purposefully against him.

Riley notes her posture and the vanished smile as she mulled over her words. And he was rather pleased with her response, but for him to accept her as an equal would be difficult. She was so much younger. He had grown used to seeing her as a charge or an underling, to view her as more would be difficult, but not impossible. Pondering this, he barely noticed the touch on his hip, but did catch her drift and wandered his way under the stream of hot water. Glancing over at Evey, at what the water was doing for her shape, he allows himself a small smile before tilting his head back under the water to wash away the filth of Paris. Already he was starting to feel more like himself, but impossibly hungry for a number of things. A quiet night, sleep, blood, definitely sex. Which is why he refused to look at his golden haired companion again. Best to keep his hands to himself for the time being and satisfy himself with a hot shower. "I'm not a gentle man, Evey. And your friends may kill me tomorrow to rid themselves of a threat that is less imagined than you would think," he warns the girl, his eyes still closed as blood and dirt alike rinse free from his form, leaving him once again pale, pristine, though scarred. War had shaped his youth, defined his manhood, and lent interest to his undeath. None of it was particularly eye catching normally, but the water ran differently across a scar laden body than it would a smooth one.

"Forgive me," is her quiet response to his distaste. Laetitia wasn't going to kill the boy off hand without knowing if he actually held any guilt but they also couldn't risk releasing him back out into the world. Perhaps that was just what Artemis had hoped for. She gives him a soft whimper of need as he presses her firmly against the wall, her full skirts shifting as she brings one leg up to wrap loosely around his, pressing their bodies even closer together. Graceful, long fingers shift up to tangle themselves in Vox's dark, thick locks. It had been the first thing she had noticed about him in centuries past when her eyes should not have been wandering at all. But then she had seen those gorgeous green eyes he had, and received one of his notoriously wolfish grins and she knew she had been lost. Even if the young teen had known all of what she was losing, she still would have snuck away to meet up with this handsome devil that stole her life from her ages ago. Who managed to bring about a fire in her still as she wrapped her arms around him now. Moving red painted lips close to his ear, she murmurs his name, thick with lust before nipping on his earlobe with care so as to not break the skin. It had been too long and she would either rectify that tonight, or never.

Evey lingered at the shower door for quite sometime, admiring his structure with a look of awe. But, the look of adoration was not a new development. She remained quiet as he spoke only giving a knowing smile when he finished. "Well," she started even as she began walking out of the room, "You're no threat when I am around, so all is well." Which was partially true. Riley seemed to have a distaste for doing anything gruesome around the fledgling. It wasn't as if his dark nature was hidden or dissipated in her presence, however her pure innocent characteristics inspired those around her to protect rather than to attack. Though she was as damned as them all, her human innocence had stayed intact.

Moving towards the threshold she glanced once more at her companion's body. It was the first time she had seen him completely naked during their long time together, save for when she found him with Artemis. Her eyes traced over the savage scars and hard planes of his body. Evey's expression softened as she paused. She often wondered how things may have been if she had met Riley when they had both been mortals. Perhaps she could have saved him from a lot of pain. However, a man as complicated as that probably would have found little interest in her as a mortal. She was no twit, she knew her simplicity served a purpose to him at this time, but it may not have during his past.

Tilting her head in thought she ran her hand along the door frame before entering the adjoining bedroom once more. Striding to the bottle of blood she tested its warmth, satisfied with its temperature she began rummaging for any article of clothing.

Finding a very old yet refined wardrobe she opened its oak drawers and doors. Laughing as she found a large fur coat. The novelty of the white fur thrilled her as she yanked it out, adorning it. The coat completely engulfed her small frame as she giggled gleefully. Even if it wasn't fitted correctly Evey felt quite fancy! With a sigh of contentment she brushed her fingers along the coat before resuming her previous search, still adorned in the fur.

Finding old knickers that were obviously made for a very large woman Evey snorted placing that and a rather tacky scarf to the side. Sighing in frustration she picked through wool skirts and high necked tops. Finally finding a silken ruffled over coat she smiled. Abandoning the fur coat she enjoyed the feel of silk over her skin. It was obviously still for a large woman, meant to tie in the front. However, Evey being as petite as she was merely used the coat to create a dress in the style of a wrap. The ribbon doubled around her tiny waist as the navy blue material caressed her body. Proud of her discovery she piled the rest of the articles including the coat not so neatly back into the wardrobe. Closing the door she smiled triumphantly. Turning to glance over her shoulder she looked for her companion, wondering if she had missed his exit from the shower.

Vox strained in arousal against her, wanting to savor this new development. It had been centuries since they had been together intimately and he was convinced that with some dashing charm and care to her sexual needs she'd entertain more thoughts of their bodies entwined. His plan seemed to have been going well until she bit at his earlobe, knowing perhaps from past mortal experiences that it was a sensitive spot. His hips bucked in her open thighs, a growl of frustration rumbling through his wide chest at the amount of clothing constricting his path to her. Strong hands ripped her corset down the front, completely destroying the delicate clasps. His lips began a destructive, heated path from her neck to her collar bone and onward to her now exposed breasts as his hands flung the now tattered cloth to the hall floor.

His free hand curled around to squeeze her rump through the layers of clothing before lifting her effortlessly. Scraping her bare back against the wall he pushed her upwards until her hips were level with his ribs and his head with her chest. The rough stubble of his face bristled across her smooth skin, causing the pale flesh to become red in irritation.

Once satisfied that he is clean, Riley turns off the water and stands there for another moment, letting the water run down his legs and into the drain. When he was dry enough to feel like he'd no longer leave puddles with every step, he emerges from the shower and retrieves the towel. Roughly, he drags the fluffy white fabric over his body, paying special attention to his medium length locks, leaving his hair a complete mess. Dry now, he pulls on Vox's pants, frowning. The manwhore was bigger than him, turned a little later in life, but he was so easily outmatched. Riley was almost jealous of the soft life he must have lived to allow that be possible.

His footsteps are near silent as he enters the room, watching Evey tie a dress obviously too big for her around her body in such a way that it fits. Almost perfect timing, she turns to look for him and he gives her the smallest ghost of a smile. Idly, he wonders how many times she looked for him and couldn't find him, while he was scouring Paris looking for her. The thought bothered him, so he pushed it aside. He had to admit, that while she struck him more as a little sister of sorts, he cared more for this clumsy fledgling than he had anyone else in centuries. Why not try to indulge her wants and see if they could make an honest go at a fair relationship. Worst that could happen is that he would fail and Evey would leave him for someone better for her. That was not such a terrible fate, though lonely.

Riley crosses the room, sweeps the girl into his arms, enjoying the feel of silk against his bare chest. "The sun is rising. I think it's time we slept," he announces, carrying her to the bed and laying her down gently before laying down next to the girl, feeling vaguely awkward about such. In all their years of traveling, not once did they share a bed. He made sure of that. But he'd rather have her close by, just to know that she's still there.

Their rough affection clearly had Vox going, but she had no idea how pointed his passion has become until he tore apart her corset, flinging it away from them. She gasps, both in surprise and to take advantage of the fact that she was suddenly able to do just that. Granted, she is far from modest, but vaguely Laetitia became aware that she is now half nude in the middle of the hallway and at this rate, it almost seemed as if she'd be fucked right there against the wall. Not that she would mind, if anything, that was part of the fun. As his hungry mouth devours her pale flesh tattooed dark with vines, her long fingers curl in his thick black hair, trying to gently pull him back up to her mouth to help quiet her little whimpers and moans of pleasure. Back arched hard against the wall, she groans out his name and a simple plea, "Please." What she was asking for, well, she would happily leave that up to Vox. He was the experienced lover, was he not?

Evey was surprised as he laid her upon the bed, her head tilting curiously as she peered at him through her lashes. Golden curls tangled together upon the comforter as she gazed at him almost dumbfounded. "You're staying with me?" she practically cooed as she pulled herself up in a sitting position.

Molten eyes caressed over his exposed chest. As she remained silent, fearing he'd change his mind. When it occurred to her that he just might she shifted. The large garment loosened around her petite body, silk having little friction. Tucking her legs under her rump to give herself leverage should he pull away she reached for his abdomen. Fingers crazing down his muscled stomach she hooked her fingers into the material of his pants. Giving a small tug as her knuckles grazed across his skin she gave a biding look.

She looked quite wanton with her hair disheveled as she peered up at him through her long lashes.

"Please what?" Vox growled as he nipped at her neck, his rough hands soothing the smooth flesh of her torso. Using his hips to support most of her weight his large arousal pressed insistingly against her. His free hand cupped her right breast gently at first, as if testing the weight and firmness of the swell. A rough thumb grazed over her nipple, before returning once more as it became more taunt and sensitive. Vox's lips traced over her collar bone tracing the bath of her tattoo. Feeling the curling of her fingers within his hair he smothered a wolfish grin against her flesh. He had originally thought he'd have her beg for him, however he was aware of his companion's sense of pride. Deciding against that tactic until he was completely his he worked a his supporting hand under her skirts. His large palm grasped greedily against the silky skin of her thigh.

Riley tenses slightly as Evey tugs on his pants, doing his best to avoid that look in her eyes. "We, ah. We don't have to do anything. Nor do I think we should. But I have to stay in this room, you won't let me sleep on the floor, there is no couch and I won't let you sleep on the floor. So I'm staying right here," he says, a hand snaking it's way onto her thinly clad hip. Gently, he tries to urge her to lay back down, though this time closer to him, perhaps even using him as a pillow if she felt so inclined. He did not care about that aspect. But the idea of sex, possibly deflowering the blonde tonight seemed wrong to the oddly moraled male. There was a decent possibility that the old ones would chose to kill him tomorrow and he would rather Evey mourn a protector than a lover.

"Please, fuck me," she pleads, giving his hair a rough tug to let him know that she asked nice but did not want no for an answer. Pressing her lips to his throat, she grazes teeth against his tamed flesh, drawing a few beads of blood that she quickly licked away. "Right here, right now," she specifies, not caring to waste all that time moving to the bedroom.

With an ear piercing shriek, Karita awakes with a violent start and looks around with wild, tear glazed eyes. But all she sees are the soft, white linens of the bedrooms decor and the clothes scattered in last night's desperate love making. Calming down fractionally, she manages to push the image of Erik's torn and ravaged body from her mind and tries to forget about the night she was chased by three non humans not even two months ago. Don't think about the stories, she chastised herself as she climbs out of bed.

Ever since Iset had taken her in after her run in with the weres, the airhead blonde had been present for conversations that served only to frighten her further. She no longer left the manor, cloistered away inside with more and more fledgling every day. But those were only the ones that had been found alive. It seemed like someone out there was carelessly turning vampires left and right and the werewolves were just hunting them down. No one was sure how to handle the situation, not even her bed partner. Sighing, the leggy blonde tugs a loose dress over her impossibly toned body and heads out into the main room in search of companionship.

-----------------------

Persist howling fills the Parisian air, too far away for most humaniods to catch, but even the bravest sewer rat darts for the closest hideaway hole. Groggily, a lanky body rises up from the filth he had passed out in and glances at the window covered with dirty blankets. Tearing the belt from above his knobbily elbow, the leather gives easily and discarded to the floor littered with the remnants of plenty of junkies before him. Around the run down home are groans that could be of pain, pleasure, or even death and Liam pays them no mind.

A quick pat of his pockets reassures him that no one had pilfered his stache as he slept and he heads for the door. These pack meetings could last forever and he wasn't willing to sit there sober. Fuck that. Grumbling under is breath, he stalks out of the trash heap, heading towards the suburbs to catch a ride.

Vox peered up from his early morning muses. It had been sometime since he indulged in a full night’s rest. Watching Iset's lover, Karita stroll in he frowned. Disappointment marred his features at his currently situation. He mourned his past, the lush parties and fanciful entourages. Though, times had drastically changed since the age of Lords and Ladies.

Even a man as unscrupulous as Vox was having a difficult time adjusting to these immoral times. He had for so long relied only on himself that this new crowded environment began to suffocate him, causing him to react with ill temper. The dominating female presence within the manor had done little for his attitude as well. Drumming his fingers upon his thigh he leaned forward.

It was beyond him why Riley was allowed free given the situation, and enraged him that Laetitia remained secretive of exactly what transpired in their conversation. He was the lord of this house, and as such both Iset and Laetitia should not only divulge all information to him, but respect his ideas of resolution.

Feeling uneasy he pulled at his shirt collar, even the looseness of the t-shirt seemed impossibly tight. What worried him more was that Evey had so easily abandoned the Haven. Choosing instead to follow Riley into these troubling times despite all the assistance she received from the house.

Laetita had opened her doors to all, and with that troubles seemed to blossom more. With the fledglings came hunger, and entitlement. He was surrounded by immortals who reflected mortal humans in all their spoiled splendor. While he would admit there were a few he would offer protection to, he found it more troublesome within the house than out.

The threat of Artemis as well as the constant howling of enemies had imprisoned the fearful within the Manor walls. As Vox peered at Karita he couldn't contain the contempt that lingered within his gaze. The Ancient had, in his eyes done little to mount an offensive, let alone a suitable defense, but had instead taken a lover.
Inwardly he sighed, he wasn't qualified to pass judgment on anyone’s bedding habits.
"It’s the wee hours of evening, what are you doing up?" He questioned smoothly though rather reluctantly.

Evey paused to peer towards her companion in quiet contemplation. Though two months had passed it seemed little had changed. Knowing his detest for most companionship she had hastily agreed to follow him, knowing that he needed her perhaps as much as she did him. The habit of her loyalty was not easily broken, especially when she was still so eager in seeking his pleasure. The air had begun to turn cold and though she as the dead, was physically unaffected by the chill, she emotionally responded. Pulling her jacket closer to her body she nuzzled her curved chin against the white furred hood.

Carefully she walked the crowded streets, becoming alive with the impending nightlife of Paris. The evening was early yet, though the skies darkened with the burden of snow. She had contemplated asking to go to the park, whos' lake had been turned into a well visited ice-skating rink. Though, as she peered at Riley now she suppressed a giggle. He would look quite foolish skating. Tilting her head in her routinely inquisitorial manner her eyes sparkled. The familiar expression accentuated the curve of her lips as she spoke, "Riley." She began carefully, as if testing his name in the air. "Can we look at the lights?" She questioned with hope. She spoke of course, about the lights that mortals would place upon tree's bushes and shelters. Although the holidays were still short time away, the lights had begun to crop up within the suburbs like a disease. Turning towards him she abruptly stopped in his path as people gently brushed passed them.

Karita starts even harder at the sound of Vox's voice. She was so caught up in her nightmares, she failed to realize that there was the very company she was looking for. Granted, the foreigner was very aware of his distaste for her, but the blonde found Vox's presence reassuring. In her family, the women were expected to be demure and delicate, so even though she was aware that Iset and Laetitia were more than capable of defending their home, a strong male simply soothed her frayed nerves.

"Ah, I couldn't sleep. Nachtmares," she murmurs, dropping her head a bit. Soft, blonde waves fall across her face, shielding her tear stained face as she turns for the kitchen. "You want?" she questions, gesturing towards her destination.

Deep in the forest, the howls send chills up Laetitia's spine. Vaguely, she's aware of the risks she takes to try to hold everything together, but if she didn't, how could she stand to look in the mirror. Completely naked, she stalks down yet another tiny beast, catching it easily as it tries to scurry towards a nearby hallowed out tree. For a moment, she appreciates it's delicate nature, this poor little squirrel that was just out a bit too late to be safe from certain night predators. For a moment, she feels it squirm and watches the tiny puffs of fog from it's little muzzle before she sinks her thin blade into a pelt and lets the blood stream down into a jar.

With so many mouths to feed, relying on the usual methods was getting to be a little more and more difficult. The counsel has always restricted any large movements of blood, and so the brunette had to rely on other means to feed everyone. Her vines starkly black against her porcelain white skin, she looks like a spirit of the forest as she discards the emptied critter and moves on in search of the next. Hopefully she'll come across another buck, pushed out of his herd in the trying winter times. Lots of good blood from deer. Enough for a few days. Though last time, the vein she pricked ended up being a bit more explosive than she had prepared for, leaving her just soaked. Not that that couldn't easily lead to fun times, if only Vox would just forgive her and accept things as they are as she had with him. His anger was so frustrating for her. Couldn't he see how hard she was trying to do the right thing? Sighing, she shakes her head. That would come later, food takes priority. Light on her feet, she slips into shadows, hunting.

Elsewhere, in the city, a lithe woman strolls along barefoot down Paris streets in not much more than a loose tshirt and a pair of skin tight jeans. So far, no leads on her stupid sister, that fucking cunt, and the weres have managed to avoid her wrath entirely. Iset was beginning to feel helpless and useless and those were not emotions she could easily deal with. Part of her wanted to beg the few she honestly cared about to just abandon this miserable city and leave with her. Go to places of wealth and excess that are always lit up like daytime and where missing people are generally found intact. Just as dead, but not shredded like a stuffed animal after a particularly rough day of play, fuzz spilling out of seams and eyes long since gnawed off. It was grotesque and so far, she hadn't been able to stop a single one.

And so sometimes, she stalked Riley, because that led her into town where the worst of it seemed to happen, and because while Laetitia was certain the pair would have nothing to do with Artemis, the dark skinned woman wasn't so sure that her sister was down with the adorable little couple. And so, several streets away, Iset kept close to the dark haired boy. Because what else could she do?

Hair slicked back from still being damp and partially kept in place by the cool winter air, Riley turns and focuses intensely green eyes on the adorable blonde that he had finally come to see as a permanent companion. After all they had gone through, it finally felt natural to spend time with someone so contrary to his nature.

Here he was, concerned about the ancient that was too close for his comfort and little Evey was blocking his way, asking something about lights. Shaking his head ever so slightly to clear his thoughts, he struggles to make sense of the question. What lights? It wasn't often the girl stumped him, but when confused, his face definitely shows every bit of evidence against him. "Whatever you want, Evey. Just, just lead the way," he concludes, brows still furrowed together. What damn lights?

Vox's eyes roamed skeptically over Karita before he shrugged. Rising he stretched his long limbs before making his way towards the kitchen. He expected the shelves to be bare, however there were still a few bottles. Reaching for a bottle he inwardly cringed. Though he was never much of a hunter, he had taken quite a liking to the fresh blood he was offered by mortal companions. A ghost of a smirk graced his rather strained features. Yes, mortal women would voluntarily offer their jugular to him. Those were the days of wonder; when people appreciated his charm. Swirling the bottle he tested its weight.

He had since shunned the fresh blood, trying to be supportive of his flower's ideals. But, with all the issues present, changing his diet had added to his dreary mood. Turning towards Karita he offered her a flask of blood, "Nightmares hm? What of?" He asked casually, though a flicker of concern colored his eyes.

Evey peered at Riley, resisting the urge to touch his face. Her smile faded, like a fire her warmth danced within her eyes. The green orbs reflecting her affection as she twirled playfully to his side. Lacing her fingers through his she sensually slid her palm against his before wrapping her other arm around his arm as well. As if not content to just grasp his hand she had to hug his whole limb to her chest as she brushed against his side. Nuzzling her face against his bicep she tightened her hold as mortals brushed past them briskly. "You look concerned." She said absently, seeming to forget her desires.

Having not expected him to head into the kitchen, Karita follows Vox like a lost child into the always amazingly clean room and marvels at how nice a home this was. Every time, she was impressed. Taking the flask, she takes a deep gulp before handing it back with a very nervous smile. Sure, she was still a gorgeous girl, but the lack of sleep, the fear had started to eat away at the smoothness of her skin and the sharpness in her eyes. She looked both like a frightened child and a tired woman.

"The woves, mostly. I still see Erik's body vhenever I close my eyes, but now I am there, with him. Torn apart, blood everywhere. Perhaps that would have been best," she sighs, rubbing at her face with graceful hands. "I do not enjoy being burden. I hate fear. I thought...this," she gestures to the whole of her body, "this was supposed to be freedom."

Closing his fingers around hers, he doesn't resist in the slightest as she pulls his arm against her body, always painfully aware of the press of her body against his. Not wanting to frighten the girl, considering he didn't fully appreciate the situation, he simply shrugs and continues on in a slower gait, so she could comfortably move along with him and keep her close proximity.

"I simply don't know what lights you want to see. Tell me, and I'll take you there," Riley says, the words each falling from his lips with intention because part of him knew that he would take this silly girl anywhere she asked, at any point in time, and he still didn't understand. He just wanted to keep seeing her smile. In all his days of violence, he never felt like a monster. But when she ran from him, that's what he knew he was. A dreadful monster, but she was here anyway.

Slinging his arm around Katria Vox pulled her into him. The embrace wasn't sexual but rather comforting as he stroked the ends of her hair, twirling the ends in quiet contemplation. "Now now..." he chastised like a father. "Although those nightmares are in fact gruesome the last part is worse." Tapping the tip of her nose he peered into her eyes, "For one such as you to think she is a burden is just a travesty." He purred. Suddenly sobering he pulled away, his warmth leaving her, "Also it is untrue. Iset is ever indulging, and wouldn't indulge herself in a burden..." Stroking his chin. His Laetitia on the other hand, often took on unrealistic burdens. She had also not been in bed when he awoke earlier... Vox frowned as if suddenly pondering his association with burdens. Isn't that why he left the first time, almost a thousand years ago? Covering his face with his hand he groaned, only then realizing he was still in Karita's presence.

"My point is, you shouldn't pay mind to what inner demon's say. It may also lessen your nightmares."

"Who's Erik?!" came the suddenly excited response from the corner. A young-ling sat alone, leaning forward as if enraptured by their interaction. Her hair was long, dyed purple and place in two braids that swung to her hips. Red brown eyes flickered and widened as her thinly painted lips made an expressive "O" in anticipation. The rest of her small leather clad body was hidden behind a table and chair.

Vox narrowed his eyes. Yes, Leatitia did in fact, allow anyone to pass in and our of the manor. Shaking his head, HIS manor he corrected.

Evey remained silent, her grip tightening on his arm as she tensed around him. Her gate shuffled, stuttering slightly as she tripped delicately. Whipping her head towards Riley she seemed to suddenly implore him to sense what she did. But, Riley had been distracted by the Ancient who trailed him and had not sensed the impending danger. As she surveyed him she relaxed, noting inwardly that if he was not concerned then she shouldn't be either. With a smile she twirled away from him, her fingers gliding out of his grasp, "The lights the people use to decorate and celebrate the winter!" she squealed, clapping her hands excitedly. But, just as suddenly with a speed unlike she had ever encountered she was whipped into an alley. Not even a sound could escape her as long fingers were entwined into her long locks. Only a gasp of surprise escaped her as she realized she had been pulled away so quickly that mortal eyes had not been able to track her movements.

Pain spread through her scalp before her knees were kicked in, causing her to kneel upon the soggy pavement. She trembled, this was in fact what she had sensed. Attempting to turn her head she was only greeted with a violent shake, which tore a fistful of her hair out. Her aggressor cursed the voice purely male. Instead of gathering another fistful of hair, the man grasped her by the back of her neck, long finger nails digging dangerously into her jugular.

"And where is your shadow?" He questioned smoothly, as she choked in her attempt to swallow.

The leggy blonde melts easily into the embrace, surprised by it, but it was so very welcome given her fragile state. His words comforted her a great deal, the tap on her nose causing her to laugh a light tinkling sound. If what he said about Isetnofret was true, and if he could so easily assure her that she wasn't unwelcome here, that would help her feel more comfortable in the only safe place she knows. Nodding slightly, she tilts her head, wondering if she should inquire about his groan, but the girl in the corner startled her instead.

Turning towards the very unique girl, Karita gives the excitement a small, sad smile. "Erik had been a lover at times and a companion in my professional life," she says, her accent punctuating each word in a curious manner, but it so suited her sharp features and overall distant personality.

Christmas decorations, of course. Faintly, he realizes that it had been growing colder and the humans and Evey alike had started to wear heavier clothing. Riley was so oblivious to the weather, it hadn't occurred to him that the holidays were nearly upon them. But then, suddenly, Evey was no longer where she stood. A moment too late, he realizes he was so worried about a vampire that wasn't a threat that he hadn't noticed one much closer.

Tearing off down the alleyway after her, Riley curses himself and the stupid bitch following him for his inability to protect his charge yet again. Seeing Evey on her knees in some filthy alleyway in this god forsaken city, a male form looming over her fills his body with rage as he closes the distance between them. "I'm right here," he announces, a stupid move. Element of surprise would have been nice, but damage done now. Lunging, his fist balled, aimed for the face of this very old vampire, Riley hopes to knock him away from Evey so she could run to the safety of Iset, who seemed to be getting closer, he thought.

Back
Top Bottom