Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Long Way From Home

Her tears made him sigh softly, sitting on the edge of the bed. His arms went around her, pulling her a little closer as his hand rested on the back of her head. "It's ok." He said softly. "I'll try to help you find a way back home. I promise."

"Thank you." Her voice shook as the tears slowed and eventually stopped. Sky chirped softly at her and jumped up into her lap. She began to pet him, fingers slowly tracing the splashes of silver along his head.

He smiled at her thanks, leaving the room for a moment before bringing the salad that he made for her. "Eat up." He said softly, placing it on the table beside her, before leaving her to eat in peace.

Luna moved closer and began to eat the salad, eating slowly. Once she was done she got up off the bed, Sky jumping off her lap and onto the floor. They walked out of the bedroom, looking around curiously. Luna looked at the furniture, any pictures on the walls...anything and everything there was, trying to find something that seemed a little familiar to her.

He came back about a half hour later, to the sight of her examining his house. He moved in slowly, watching her. "I'm sorry, none of that stuff could be yours. Why don't you have a seat, share your story so we can try to fix this?"

Luna moved to sit down on the couch, Sky jumping up onto her lap. "Almost everything here is so unfamiliar...my home is so very different..it is made of wood, but not this kind of wood, or in the way yours is made. There are spells weaved around my home to keep out thieves and such. There is forest around my home too, but it is the time of year when the leaves fall, not when the trees renew themselves.."

He listened, sitting in a chair across from her. "spring is always a nice time here." He said softly, almost to himself. "Not too many people come up here anymore, so I'm not worried about thieves." He looked back over to her. "Do you have any idea how you are going to get back?"

"Only a mage can get me home. But if there are no mages here...then, I guess Sky and I are stuck here." She leaned back against the couch, looking down at the little dragon. He seemed completely unphased by this, stretched out across her lap, letting out a sound that was a cross between a chirp and a purr.

He sighed, thinking as he listened to her words. "Only a mage?" He said softly, closing his eyes and sitting back in the chair. He thought over a few things before opening his eyes and looking at her. "There was someone that appeared out of nowhere, like you did. Swore up and down that this wasn't where he should be."

Luna suddenly seemed to perk up a little. "Do you know where he is now? Maybe he and I are from the same world..." Her eyes seemed a little brighter at the thought of not being the only one who was somehow teleported from her world to this one.

"He is far off. I don't think there would be any way to get to him in the span of a day..." He closed his eyes and laid back a little more in the chair. "And either way, I don't think he would be able to get you back. he wasn't able to get himself back."

"I would still like to talk to him, to see if he is from my world. You don't have to go-just lend me a map, and tell me where I can find him." There was a calm look on her face, but her eyes gave her away-she was desperate. Luna was willing to walk to the other side of this new world on her own if it meant finding one person who was like her.

He opened his eyes, looking deep into hers for a long moment before sighing. "I will come with you. I don't have a map of the area, but I do know the area very well."

"Thank you." She smiled at him, Sky jumping off her lap and racing for the door. After a minute of jumping he managed to open it, running out into the forest. Luna giggled as she watched the dragon leave. "He's getting rather good at opening doors...he just forgets to close them."

Back
Top Bottom