Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The cold man..

Weighed down by his crossbow one man became trapped while the rest simply leaped back into the trees and attacked from various perches. Arrows were fired at her from the man's trapped position while bombs and boulders began to fall down from above. Lightning raced along close to the ground towards her as the others continued.

This was getting tiresome and Wyn was starting to be unsure that she could even fight back much longer. Her ears rang from the explosion and she was disoriented as she fought to stand, the arrows falling to the ground and she curled into a ball as the bombs and boulders fell around her. She wasn't a warrior and her senses reeled to much to have her try and think a way out of this.

(I am totally losing the thread for this, this is way beyond Wyn's characterization and skill ><)

"Yes"
The voice screamed into her mind as suddenly the apparition appeared as her ring glowed a bright yellow. It raised its hands to the sky and a single clear note could be heard. A sphere formed around her and the air outside it seemed to ripple before suddenly all the leaves were gone, branches broken and the fauna's bodies torn asunder along with those that attacked her. Their bodies lay scattered, fizzing and sparking, one's head rolling to her lap its cloak coming off to reveal a lens rather than eye staring at her. The wave quickly shot back towards her as the forest worked its magic and the apparition simply sent out the opposite note cancelling out the attack leaving all calm about them. Looking to her it laughed. "See wasn't that fun?" It said before it shimmered out of being.

(I totally forgot about her ring!))

Wyn gasped and raised her head, seeing the silver ring on her hand glow yellow and a shimmer burst in the air. She watched appaled as the bodies burst apart, and whimpered as the head rolled onto her lap, seeing the glinting glass in place of an eye. She shuddered and brushed the head away, looking at the apparation, head spinning "Th-thank yo-you." she muttered, looking over her wounds and singing softly, healing them the best she could, before standing and moving on, trying not to be sick.

Anansi was sitting in the next clearing. Looking to her he laughed softly before he shook his head. "Well then, you survived, well done. I doubt you'll make it out of these woods. So you have a choice..you can leave. Theres no shame in it, you can simply walk away I'll drop you in a nearby town even give you a bit of pocket money..or...you can be given a sort of..guide, he won't direct you..but he will show you techniques to survive while you find your way out. That was a sampling of the kind of thing you may face, I mean many will be easier, some may be harder." He said simply to her.

Wyn looked worse for the wear, blood-stained, scuffed and pained as she faced him "I co-couldn't h-have do-done it al-alone." she admitted, shame and upset on her voice. She wanted to leave, but didn't want to be seen as a failure and conflict filled her face as she crossed her arms "I d-d-on't k-know. I nev-never wanted t-to b-be he-here rea-really. I j-just d-didn't wan-want to d-d-die." she murmured. "Al-all I wan-want to d-d-do is pl-play m-music, be-be of u-use in the wo-world and f-find my fa-family." she added, brushing at her face, eyes watering.

(Man, I don't think Wyn was right for this story at all >< ))

He simply sat there and looked up at her before shrugging. "Yes, that's the point of having an esper or elemental with you." He said slowly before he sighed and placed his hands behind his head. "Its not a matter of death, you never had to die." He said slowly. "You could have just walked away, you may not have necessarily died." He said slowly to her. "If fearing death is the only reason you live..I should kill you where you stand, its no way to live." He said as he looked to her and shook his head. "You think you can find them as you are now? You think you have the ability to even survive as you are now knowing the types of creatures there are out there?" He asked her slowly.

"T-to h-help?" she asked, sitting down a moment and listened to him, looking surprised. When she'd first met Direal he had told her that she had to come with him, since he had been ordered to kill her. "W-well I fe-fear death, wh-who d-doesn't? But th-that's not the on-onle reason I-I'm al-alive." she replied, feeling herself more reconciled with death, being half-dead already. She watched him quietly a long moment, blue-violet eyes grave before she shook her head "N-no, I d-don't." she replied, voice quiet.

"Yes, to help you find your way out." He said slowly before he stroked his fingers along his chin in thought. "I think the issue here is simply that you don't see what is the alternative...frankly..a creature like myself is." He said simply to her. "I will never die...ever. Everyone..everything I have ever known will pass away before I do." He said slowly before he laughed somewhat bitterly. "My children if I ever have them, my wife, lovers, friends...in the end, it will just be myself...well and a few other immortals." He added eventually.

Wyn listened and sympathy crossed her face. While she would never have an idea what it would be like to be immortal she did understand in a way what it would be like to live much longer then a mortal was supposed to. Her race aged slowly, she could live about two centuries possibly, a flicker of time in comparison to Anansi, but forever for Wyn, she would lose her family in that time and that hurt. "It-it's n-not e-easy b-being so dif-different." she remarked, frowning now.

"Oh you're funny...different...really. Have you seen my eyes? Or my body?" He said as he stood. His body in full was more like sculpted marble that had been drawn forcibly over flesh filling every crevice, the kind of body you saw in a master artists notebook who had been dreaming of the perfectly toned man. However the lack of a navel distinctly gave his stomach a strange look. Lifting a dagger from his pocket he proceeded to drag it across his stomach revealing his entrails before the wound began to close in a few minutes." YEs..you know so much about being different. Someone like you so terrified of death you would change your life to avoid it...you don't care for bettering yourself or the world around you you only care to save your own miserable hide."

Wyn swallowed as the knife was dragged across his skin and her eyes narrowed, sharpness entering her gaze. What gave immortals the right to be so superior? Yes she was terrified of dying, she was mortal after all! But she wanted to get better and make the world a better place for people like her, though she couldn't say that, anger, nerves and her own clumsy tongue preventing her. In a few moment she shook her head, standing "Wil-will you k-keep on te-teaching me, or k-keep tal-talking of my weak-weaknesses? Y-you're wrong. I wan-want to m-make the world b-better, be be-better, ev-even if I-I'm sc-scared, ev-even if it'll ge-get me k-killed." she stated, naked terror crossing her face at the thought of being burned at the stake. She frowned, deep in thought a moment "If I do-don't f-fight f-for my li-life, no-noone will." she added, looking unhappy and tired, it was still sickening to kill, even when she had too, still terrifying to be tossed into the place and have no idea of what to do, or where to turn. But it was for her to learn to be strong, she just didn't want to give up who she was, both her human and ghost side, but she didn't tell Anansi that, he really wouldn't care.

"You know...part of my essence is that of a watcher. Angels that watch...they know..well everything...so no there aren't things you can hide from me when I'm near you." He said to her. "I won't pry into your mind, but I can see you for what you are." He said as he blinked and was right before her his blade's tip right below her nose and his nose's tip touching hers. "Live for what you will do, not for what you fear. Live because you want to, not because the alternative is unknown." HE said to her with a slow press of his hand to her stomach. "I could easily blast a hole through you...I could do things that would make you cringe, things that would wound your immortal soul just as badly as it did your body....but if I don't do them now? What does it matter? Why be afraid of something that won't happen?" He said as he pulled back and turned from her. "In any case." He said as he began to walk. "Some things you have to learn first before anyone can teach you." He said to her before he dropped a phial and vanished once more.

If it was possible, Wyn would have gone dead-white, nonetheless shock filled her face and she looked uncomfortable, eyes crossing a moment to see the blade before she met his gaze. "Be-because th-they c-can ha-happen." she explained and shook her head, picking up the vial and walking on.

A soft tinking came from within the glass that eventually grew in its urgency. "Aren't you going to let it out?" A voice asked her slowly.

As she did a creature shot upwards from it. Spreading its wings it peered up at her. The fairy was only about eight inches tall its body lean and a bright blue color, its glow was actually too bright to make out a gender before it spoke. "Hello." It squeaked out

"Its ok...so what is my purpose? You are the one that caught me right?" IT said to her. "Say yes." The voice snapped at her within her mind. "Else he swill escape."

Wyn nodded "Y-yes, I d-did. I ne-need he-help to g-get thr-through the f-forest." she replied, though she didn't like lying to the creature.

"Oh...ok" It said simply before it looked about. "We are almost in the center..it will take a few days unless you can fly." It said to her simply.

The girl looked thoughtful and shrugged "I fl-float in m-my sl-sleep, bu-but can-can't do m-much m-more th-then ho-hover yet." she replied.

"Well then miss we should begin"The sprite said before spreading his wings and flying quickly into the forest.

It curved slowly whizzing between trees and occasionally stopping to make sure it had not lost her. Continuing it shot forward easily going up a slight slope before stopping.

Back
Top Bottom