Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The cold man..

Wyn muffled a squeak with a hand, surprised as they lifted into the air. She could only hover so far and had not managed to move like he did "W-where are w-we g-going?" she asked.

"Somewhere." He said as he sped up flying now at a slow easy pace though it was faster than walking. He couldn't stop wind resistance on her body and would likely end up hurting her if he went too quickly. However once they reached about the center of the valley he began to head downwards.

That's a helpful answer, Wyn thought but remained silent. The wind plucked at her clothes and braid as they flew in the air. When they reached the center of the valley and began to descend she held on a bit tightly, waiting for them to reach the ground.

He came to a stop a few inches from the ground and slowly placed her down before looking about. "Mmm lets see this is the approximate center.." He said slowly. "Well this is phase two...survivalist training, well the first part." He said as he took a knife and hurled it at a tree having it stick there. "So, your weapons, all of them." He said as he held out a hand. "Or I could forcefully disarm you..but I'll tell you this much Dirael still has a handprint on his rump from when he resisted."

Stepping away from him she looked about and nodded slowly removing her bolt quiver and her crossbow putting them down. She removed her longsword and belt-knife, then paused putting down her harps and cradled her mandolin possessively before placing it down gently. "My v-voice. It's a w-w-eapon t-too t-technically." she pointed out honest to a fault, all her weapons gone.

"Yes, that's why I brought you here..." He said as he walked a bit further from her. "Stand there." Opening his lips he let out a high note, it reverberated through the air and then suddenly he was hurled backwards hi flesh peeling back from his arm. Slowly standing he looked over to his torn arm. "Forest reflects things back onto the user, you can use it fine, but I'd not recommend it besides healing." he said to her slowly.

Wyn blinked and covered her mouth to stifle a cry of horror as his arm was torn. Swallowing she nodded, he wanted her to rely on her strength of wit and resourcefulness, without using a man made weapon or her music. Her rate of confidence in this was quite low but she nodded "Al-alright. On-only healing t-then. H-how l-long will I b-be out h-here?" she asked, nervous.

His arm repaired itself slowly as he put away the items before he shrugged. "Thats for you to decide, you may make it out in a week, you may die, you may choose to run off, its up to you."He said to her flatly. The items vanished all but the knife in the tree. "Make it back to the beach, Ill be there."He said as he floated slowly upwards. "And remember, I do care, but I can rebuild you if I have to, cant undo the trauma of death though."He said before he shimmered and vanished.

Wyn blanched and shivered "O-oh." she replied, feeling a bit out to sea but was already thinking of how to survive and forage in the woods, she really couldn't hunt to well, animals ran in terror if she got to close and she removed the knife from the tree with a swift and hard tug "Y-you fo-forgot this." she stated and turned to find him gone. It made her feel better to have him say he cared "I-if I d-d-die I'd pr-probably b-be a gh-ghost an-anyway." she mused with a shrug, beginning to walk, holding the knife, unsure if she was allowed to have it.

In the mean time he simply hung about the forest a few miles from her position. Before him were several people sitting about. "Ok the goal is to make her aware of what she is getting into." He said slowly to them. "No kills, no attempts at kills." He said slowly his voice cold as he walked amongst them. "If I so much as think you tried for a fatal hit, I will end you..there and then, and I will take your soul and bind it to one of the pleasure machines I design." He added as he looked from face to face. "Understood?" The figures nodded curtly before they each took off running into the woods.

Many artists have imagination, a bard like Wyn was no exception. She found herself walking through the woods carefully her eyes seeing through the dark of the forest easily, the dark had never been a problem for her at least. The girl kept an eye out for creatures that would not be put off by her strange aura, people, and shadows that moved and grew strangely in the gloom. She wanted to hum, or whistle to keep herself company but her instinct stated that it would have been a good idea to keep silent.

(Aw, that's oddly sweet, in threatening and scary way.)

The men surrounded her position and waited. They were far enough away that their bodies blended with the myriads of colors. They simply waited watching her deciding on when to strike based on her movements.

Wyn slowed down, having the odd feeling she was being watched. Frowning lightly, she blinked and looked about, unable to see anyone and kept walked, steps light and quick.

They moved in closer before one nodded to the others and shot towards her. He bounded and rebounded off of trunks and branches before he leapt above her while she was in a clearing. A chain whip from his thigh he slung it downwards towards her while he descended.

The feeling only grew and Wyn had been traveling long enough to learn to trust her instincts. She spun about and leaped back with a sharp yelp, gesturing swiftly with a hand as a large stone shuddered and rose in the air and flew towards the man.

The man was strangely unsurprised as he slashed the whip upwards and caught a branch swinging to one side before he shot to one side sending another whip towards her. He went into a roll as a number of crossbow bolts were fired at her flank.

Wyn gasped as he got out of the way, scrambling backwards to avoid the whip as she saw the bolts arc to her. Her hand rose and a few stopped, shaking in the air before following, another pierced her thigh and she shouted in man, going to a knee while the others passed her, opening a few painful grazes. Shaking she kept still, breathing hard and trying to watch the men, she had never been wounded like this before.

He slung his whip towards the opposite side of her injured thigh as he stopped his roll and abruptly stood. The man with the crossbow fired another six each aiming at an appendage or her feet. Yet another appeared now. He simply walked along the ground before he closed his eyes, a number of small rocks began to hover , then spun about his body before being rapidly launched towards her.

The girl rolled back, gritting her teeth as pain flared along her leg. Her hand lashed out, and the bolts turned around, whirring in the air at the man. Panting hard and trying to keep away, she stood, her leg shaking a bit under her weight as she shouted, dirt and earth flaring up around her as she made a run for it.

He simply jumped downwards shooting forward as he did so keeping bead on her. The man hurling he rocks quickly quelled her uprising of earth before he continued now hurling small boulders after her. The man with the whip rounded about and another descended his hand firing a bolt of lightning towards the ground. "So...how does it feel knowing you must fight or die." A familiar voice sounded within her head.

Her heart hammered so loud that she thought the men would be able to hear it too. Jaw tense and crouched and yelled, a burst of sound arcing out at the men, cracking the boulders and reducing them to rubble. She rolled out of the way as the lightning bolt sizzled in the air "N-n-n-not g-g-g-ood. I'm t-t-terrified." she muttered, not wanting to kill these men but it was fast becoming the only course of action.

The forest did as Anansi said it would as the pieces of the boulder as well as her voice shot back towards her with a fury. The men's attacks as well shot towards her all of them created by science rather than by magic and thus immune to the forest. The whip and bolts headed for her as well as another bolt with a larger boulder following. "Well then you should fight back shouldn't you." The voice said in almost a bored tone.

Wyn shuddered and dodged, getting battered, bruised and cut. She had no weapons and had forgotten the effects of the woods. Panting hard, she began to rise in the air, the projectiles stopping dead as her eyes shifted to a misty grey shade, a aura of malice coming from the small bard, to evoke utter terror. "I s-should." she replied, fists clenching as the stones and lightning roared back at the men.

The bolts increased in number, and another showed up from the trees and launched a large object into the air above her. It hovered briefly before there was a huge explosion scything the area clean within a few feet. The attack briefly stopped the men wondering if they'd gone too far as the smoke began to settle.

Trying to get her bearings, she felt herself drop and yelled as the blast seared her senses, sending her flying back. She hit the ground and rolled, gasping for air as pain sang all over her body. The ground under the men rumbled and cracked open underneath their feet and would wrap around their waists and feet to hold them in place.

Back
Top Bottom