Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The cold man..

"Oh, this." He said as he turned and pointed at a group of creatures heading up the beach. "You take them on yourself."

"Yup, or a life of rape, breeding, and delivery." He said to her in a rather nonchalant tone. Sitting back he looked to her as he sat back and waited for her to prepare herself. "Worst case scenario they take you alive..."

Inwardly Wyn seethed and fumed; they had given her an ultimatum to either be killed by an Inquisitor as a heretic or go along with the man that had been sent out to kill her. Now she was with the Devil and a host of immortals that were teaching her near-indecipherable lessons and were icily lofty when she did not understand. Now casually she heard what would happen if she didn't fight, described as if it didn't matter one way or the other if she was taken. Wyn felt a cold fury thrum in her temples, though outwardly she was pale, hands trembling as she set her crossbow bolt at the ready. Her blue-violet eyes had gone icy and she nodded, "Fine." she commented, voice cold as cold, no stammer. Raising the weapon she shot, shouting at the same time the bolt blurring as it struck a creature. "They can try."

"Mmm you know I can see the workings of your body, I don't see why you're so angry. You want to get better don't you? You want to progress, this is how you do it." He said to her simply as he leaned in. "Oh, I'll take these." He said before he took the bolts from her quiver. Holding them tightly he looked to her. "You use your abilities, never become reliant on a weapon." He said to her. "Unless that weapon will never leave your body...but you haven't gotten to that stage yet." He said to her before he leaned in. "I don't see why you should worry..your frame is slight..you'd probably die during your first birthing."

Wyn glared at him, her eyes starting to shift to a misty grey shade as her hands shook with rage. She was a bard! Not a wizard! The magics she knew of were shaky, learning was one thing but to be catapulted into a fight this early made her feel angry beyond words. She set the crossbow aside and strummed two small harps on her hip, a sonic wave bursting out around the young woman and roaring over the creatures as her voice followed, amplified to shield her and to send the others into confusion.

"You can frown at me all you'd like but that won't stop them from kidnapping and rapping you." He said slowly. "Who knows maybe they'll rip you to pieces during the breeding frenzy." He said simply as he sat there and walked about behind her. "Cmon you seem o angry now." He said with a smirk before he sighed. "I remember my first fight, I went against an army...won of course..I mean can't really lose..I am immortal but still."

"Stop talking." she stated tersely, he was only being an irritant and wasn't helping her in the least. So she shut him out, half hearing his useless words and pointed to the group, shouting again as the sand underneath the creatures roared up in a huge blasting column that sent a chunk of the group up in the air, throwing them into a heaped tangle on the ground. The creatures that were standing milled about in confusion, trying to get at the young woman who's jaw was set and she tightened a hand as another wave of sand buried the ones that were milling about. The grey had faded from her eyes and she looked angry and sick, trembling from head to toe.

"Mmm and rude too, well then I guess you can do the survivalist training alone." He said before he turned curtly from her and began to walk away from her at a quick pace. As he did so his ethereal glow returned and he began to hover flying away from her now as his hands crossed behind his back.

Wyn scowled "I w-was trying to con-concentrate. If your to t-teach me d-do i-it right and don't ab-abandon me." she stated,the stammer returning as more of the creatures perished, suffocating under the piles of sand, which made a pit of gorge open in the girl's stomach.

(Ugh, I'm getting a bit tired of this. The guy's a colossal prick.)

(He's supposed to be. What powerful teacher is kind and soft?)

He stopped before he turned back to her. " Yes, but in battle there will be distraction, many distractions." He said slowly. "That and you must know how to deal with various circumstances." He said to her curtly before he lowered his feet to the ground. "Ok, how about this, you hit me, with whatever you got, you land a single blow, and I give you all the answers..and I mean all of them, I'll go to your assigned guardian in the plane of light and use your book to tell you every and anything about your life. If you can't however...we do this my way." He said as he looked to her with a slight snicker.

(You'd be surprised. There's being stern and there's being so much of an asshole that your student resents you and doesn't want to be taught.)

Wyn nodded and sighed "Point." she replied, knowing what he was getting at but still not liking his manner in the least. She frowned though as he spoke and shook her head. "N-no. First I won-won't be ab-able too. Sec-secondly, and more im-important it wo-would be t-too ea-easy. I wa-want to l-learn and be bet-better." she replied honestly, the anger fading from her voice slightly as she tried to sort through her resentment and her need to learn, if this went on, if he kept seeming to not care whether she lived or died, she would take matters into her own hands and either leave, or find her own way to learn.

"You have to learn to fight as though your life were in jeopardy. I act aloof so you feel that way but do you really think I'd waste decent potential?" he asked as he resumed his hovering now floating inland. "Whats the point in fighting if you know someone is always there to save you? Desperation, that is what forces change." He said curtly as he slowly began to move faster.

"Y-yes." she replied simply, giving a shrug. So far he'd shown him to be the person that didn't care in the least about her, and if he did it was only her potential for magic and song as a fighter. Not mentioning that she kept an eye on the group that had been trying to attack her, nearly all were dead or immobile now. "Al-alright. I un-understand." she replied, voice quiet, she'd go by his rules but it would probably be frustrating.

"I don't think you do. If I go soft on you, then what? If I save you, then what? You get comfortable, comfort equals sloppiness, as your retainer Dirael will be the one to kill you, and frankly I'm tired of having him kill his underlings, it breaks his heart." He said slowly to her. "We cannot tolerate sloppiness, you make a mistake, that is understandable, but you fuck up, a real fuck up..we deal with you." He said slowly to her his voice low yet cold before he began to walk inland once more.

Wyn's throat tightened and she blinked swiftly, shoving away the tide of upset and unhappiness she felt. Anansi had a good point, if a cold one and she also felt a faint edge of surprise that Dirael would be bothered by anything. But she did not know that man for all his seemingly emotionless ways. Folding her arms, she resisted the urge to tuck her chin inwards and nodded "I won't disappoint you then." she replied, voice very quiet, believing that she would not. The only alternative was to die.

"Good, I'd hate for you to end up like the others." He said as he pulled out what seemed to be a jar of marbles. However each glowed with a unique light within slowly swirling and shifting. "I use them to power various devices, its kind of a fate worse than death in a sense." He said shaking the jar with a bemused grin crossing his lips. "But this is for betrayers or those who perform certain...acts." He said as he narrowed his eyes. "The last one raped a mother before her child before killing them both, that sort of thing isn't tolerated." He said slowly. "Do the job, that's all, you go beyond and perform atrocities, you may please the client, but they are irrelevant in the big picture."

"M-me too." she stated, feeling a bit sick as she looked over the contents of the jar, all those souls...and with her not being entirely sure what would happen to her upon her death. Shoving that thought away she blinked "Acts, l-like wh-what?" she asked, wondering what there was besides the horrific murder he'd described. "I wo-won't b-be a tr-traitor. I'm n-not one to per-perform at-at-atrocities. I h-hate kil-killing, an-anything e-else is un-unthinkable." she stated honestly. Curious Wyn blinked "Wh-what's the b-big pic-picture?" she asked.

"Well lets see, Imran murdered a village, Jocosta was seducing young men and then killing them for amusement, Lyro killed his handler after faking a disability hoping to get his weapon, hhhmm things in that vein." He said slowly to her. "The big picture is to be a clandestine organization, people think we exist, they don't know, you kill what is absolutely necessary, not for fun, not for pleasure, its about the job. Yes there are things to be gained, but its also a matter of helping others. We do not kill those who have no potential threat to others." He said rather calmly as he pulled out one of the marbles and began to toss it up and down. "Course a few clients are in here too, real monsters, people who took advantage once their targets were out of the way, or tried to backstab us, various other things." He said slowly before he leaned back. "I mean, I'm not human, but I'm not a monster..well not much of one." He said with a slight smirk.

Wyn looked appalled, it was quite obvious that any of those acts in that vein was far from her mind. "I-I'm s-sorry th-they d-did that." she murmured and bit her lip, stomach clenching at the thought of killing. She did it to survive, if someone was going to kill her but she hated it and always would. listening to him she shrugged "Yo-you're n-not th-that bad. I-I've m--met wo-worse m-monsters." she replied, face clouded.

"I've done things that most could never forgive." He said flatly. "Don't be sorry, they made their choices." He said as he put away the jar and headed towards a rather thick looking wooded area. The trees were a bright cyan with ivory trunks, within foliage of day glo blues and oranges scattered across the floor.

Acknowledging that with a nod and suppressing a shiver, the girl followed him, shrugging. She could not help feel sorry for those trapped souls. But that was forgotten for a moment as she looked about in wonder at the bright leaves and trees, wanting to touch them and keeping a look out for animals, most would run away from her anyway but it was best to be alert.

He walked into the forest without so much as batting an eye. He quickened his pace as he did so, the hues of various pastels as though they walked through a painting. He made his way slowly downwards into a valley of sorts before he stopped. "Come here." He said to her as he turned to face her.

Wyn kept looking around, but quickened her pace as well. When he stopped, she blinked and stopped at his side, frowning "Wh-what is i-it?" she asked, voice quiet.

Scooping her into his arms with a deft motion he suddenly leaped upwards before he began to float up away from the forest floor.

Back
Top Bottom