Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The cold man..

Wyn fell quiet, watching both men and holding in the urge to laugh at his assumption that she was a powerful figure. She was a nineteen year old girl, and had only been travelling for about three years, she was still both learning to be a bard and figuring out the rest of her abilities that came with her strange heritage. She stayed silent for now, watching the exchange, amused at the younger Anansi's pouting.

"You always did know the way to my heart, I couldn't resist that face..likely because it looks like my own." He said as he made once again stood and made his way down the steps . I'd not take you to see him as you know he wishes for that union with that terrible daughter of his. I personally don't think you need that sort of pressure my dear boy, I'll be back."" He said as he took a step forward and simply faded away. Sighing Anansi looked to her eying the throne briefly. "He's trying for it again.." He said with a shrug. "A lure charm to get me onto the throne, does he think me a child." He said before he made his way down to her. " Well now we wait."

More questions entered into Wyn's mind, as to who Lucifer exactly was (It couldn't be what she thought) and who both Anansi's were. She shrugged as he spoke "The po-pouting m-might not have hel-helped." she stated and nodded hoping that the man could take a joke and would not blow her to smithereens.

"He's in love with himself, and loves me absolutely. If he could he'd give his life for mine." He said slowly. "I think I may be the one thing he's ever truly loved." He said sadly." Well platonically that is." He added. "He wants me to take his throne when he retires, I'm just not up for it, and yes from your befuddled expression, it is the Morning Star." He said slowly.

"Th-that's r-rare, f-family can be l-like that." she replied thinking of her aunt and uncle and watched him, eyes sympathetic. "The...D-devil!?" she exclaimed eyes widening, now that would be something to sing about!

"Mmm not as rare as you think, many parents share a similar phenomenon." He said slowly to her before he leaned back and stretched. "Yeah, our family has known him for..eons." He said simply. "He's kind of a braggart...he really does like to play instruments like your myths suggest but he's not amazing at all of them." He said slowly.

"I-I do-don't know my pa-parents." she replied with a shrug "M-My au-aunt and un-uncle w-would." she mused and listened to him, looking curious "I r-read that he pl-played the violin." she commented.

"Well that's what he's best at and in the fiddle style particularly but overall he tries every and anything. Likes to sing too." He said slowly before he ran his finger along through his hair. "In any case he's cocky enough to often challenge mortals and such." He added while shaking his head slowly.

"Is th-that a warn-warning?" she asked, watching him carefully. It would also be an amazing thing to sing about being challenged by the Devil himself, if one won and was not damned for all eternity of course.

"If you'd be silly enough to be tempted by one of his silly gold fiddles or promises of this or that then you deserve to be damned. I know your legends speak of mortals triumphing over him, no, not without the Maker's help." He said slowly with a snicker. "I mean..that or help from people such as my uncle."

Wyn nodded slowly "G-good ad-advice. I d-don't th-think I-I'd be th-that sil-silly. I hope n-not." she murmured and she shrugged "An-any help w-would be g-good, I g-guess."

"He's very good at convincing people they can beat him, its something he's turned into a great strength." He said as the rift tore open again. In walked his uncle and behind him came a tall thin young looking man in a suit. The man wore an expression who's smile showed the utmost glee as if seeing the world around him were a joy, however his eyes bore a malice that seemed to exude from them. He didn't speak, he raised a well manicured hand to his mouth and parted his lips. Slowly a white vapor came from his lips, it began to swirl by his fingertips eventually forming itself into a ball. He looked over to Anansi the younger and tossed it to him before he looked to Wyn. He smiled briefly, this time a true smile his expression softened as he eyed her, his eyes conveying a strange amount of compassion and warmth for a stranger before he stepped into the rift once more and was gone. "Well there you have it, a crystal for a soul tutor, he doesn't have the time to do it himself." Anansi the elder said curtly once the man had left.

"He-he's the D-Devil. St-stands to r-reason he'd be tri-tricky." she replied and turned at the rift opened again. She staightened a bit, listening to the older Anansi and looking at the Devil out of the corner of her eye, watching the man with a mix of fascination and wary fear, the malice in his eyes was much more unnerving then she had seen in other's eyes in the past. She watched the orb form and looked back at the man, meeting his gaze before giving a tentative smile back, wondering why he had softened. Wyn had the feeling that she probably would not like the answer "Thank-thank you." she stated, a second after the Devil had left "Wh-what's a s-s-soul t-tutor?" she asked, curious.

"Leave before I kill her if only to keep her ignorance from spreading to my subjects. She didn't even try to guess from the name. " Anansi the elder said curtly before he turned and walked back towards his throne. Anansi took her hand in the mean time and they vanished before coming to rest at the beach once more. "Holding the orb he looked to her. "Basically it creates a manifestation of the skill you want to learn. In this case its voice." He said slowly. "He watered it down and made it so that you could learn rather than having his angel song drive you insane the instant you heard it." He said slowly to her.

Wyn scowled, eyes flashing with annoyance "I w-was as-asking be-because I wasn't s-sure, I wanted to be c-c-orrect in what I thought." she stated, voice sharp suddenly. Luckily it was after they had vanished and she nodded slowly listening to Anansi. Taking a breath she shook her head "I-I know I have al-alot to l-learn. It do-doesn't mean I-I'm stu-stupid. A-and I will learn and try my hardest, th-then I wont be 'ignorant." she stated, tone vaguely offended, the look of someone that had been brushed aside too often (perhaps because of her speech impediment, or her meek ways) to many times.

"I know dear, in any case Dirael is your mentor for fighting, but for now you have to learn your own abilities. Our others are off so I guess I should train you." He said as he looked to her and tossed her the orb. "Now, I want you to sing." He said slowly.

She caught it with a deft hand and gave him a small grateful smile, he seemed to know that she was not an idiot, which was quite nice to know. Looking at the orb she took a breath and began to sing, her voice rising clear and sweet into the air. The girl was a soprano and her talent at singing was showing to be one that would perhaps make her famous. But what was more noticeable was the way her face lit up and her eyes shone as she sang, showing the voice that the Gods had gifted her with, the true voice of the girl, instead of that small, wavering stammer. Music was not a mere amusing pastime for her it was her life, her calling and it breathed in every note she sang, the joy, the sincerity and a zest for life, love for her passion. She kept singing, sweet voice ringing in the room, letting him decide when it was time to stop.

Sorrows Solace said:
She caught it with a deft hand and gave him a small grateful smile, he
He wanted to be impressed, he was for a mortal but not overall. He had grown in a place where everyone could sing with more talent and it somewhat amused him that he had grown not appreciating it yet here was someone who likely could. The orb began to glow as she sang and eventually it hovered before her pulling from her grasp. It expanded and slowly turned into the form of the man previous. The same eyes and smirk, and yet it was a shadow of that man, a mere shell. Standing before her it shook its head. "You need to work on breathing." it said to her slowly. "Prolong notes, give them more power. You are I guess ok, for a mortal, but its nothing against a skilled opponent. At times you need to be loud and strong over pretty." He added

Wyn stopped and watched the man in the orb, listening to his words closely. The performer in her wanted him to be impressed with her singing, and the skill she worked so hard to cultivate. But the part that knew an audience had the idea that she was nothing in compare to what he had heard and was fine with that, all this learning would make her better something she strived for, so she set her disappointment and ego aside. "I-I can be lou-louder. Str-strong wi-will be harder." she admitted, it would take time, but with the right song she would hopefully be able to add strength to her notes. Perhaps with the passion of music she held, maybe that would help.

He laughed softly and shook his head "You need more confidence too, Anansi should have sang for you, it would have wiped part of your mind but at least you'd have been better able to learn." He said slowly before he shook his head. "Strength is not about passion, its about understanding what you're doing. Sing from your diaphragm but also push it forward with the muscles of your body, its sickening as it is to imagine somewhat like vomiting, you push, and push. The muscles in the chest, those that you feel clench when you're pushing up, sometimes you have to use those." He said slowly. "You are a mortal, you have to use mortal means. " He said in a rather nonchalant tone.

Wyn shrugged, she was not one to be overly confident, her quiet and somewhat meek nature made it hard to be outgoing, strange for one that made a career as a performer. She nodded at his explanation of muscle movement, but shrugged "Pas-passion f-fuels s-strength t-to me, wi-without it th-there would b-be l-little n-need to u-use strength, o-or effort." she murmured, trying to put what she felt into words and feeling as if she failed dismally. "B-but, I-I und-understand, and can pr-practice th-that." she stated.

He smirked as he looked to her while Anansi simply pulled up his legs and sat in air to look at her. "Mmm I see, well regardless of your passion you need to strengthen those muscles and lungs." He said slowly to her as he ran his fingertips slowly through his hair before he turned. "Watch." He said before he parted his lips and a single loud clear note and the sand of the beach rose in a slow wave outward before it came crashing down in a heap. "See that would have buried an opponent in sand, I don't need passion, just power in certain things."

"I-I can d-do that." she replied and watched the sand waver in the air, before falling. More then impressed she grinned "I c-can't do that." she added, "But I c-can ap-apply th-this to o-other sp-spells."

"You can, you just limit yourself, thats why he should have wiped your mind. You will at least make an attempt...or I'll do it." He said as he narrowed his eyes to her. Anansi in the meanwhile had pulled a tome from somewhere and was looking through it intently not even bothering to pay attention to what was unfolding before him. "Don't look to Anansi for help, he's already got a back up waiting." He said. "Well knowing the boy from the moment he got close to you he began to pick up on...never mind that's his business, try..or face oblivion." He said in a cold manner.

Wyn listened, face carefully blank as her eyes rested on the man in the orb. Taking a breath she sang a clear, high note, letting it carry for a few moments. Nearby a small column of sand began to rise, the girl's eyes resting on it as her note went on, stronger now.

Back
Top Bottom