Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The cold man..

She didn't get to take it before they were ripped through existence before they stopped. The sky above them was a neon green, the sun in the distance a deep red, the sea before them an almost neon pink color. Laughing softly he looked to her. "Welcome to Planet 25." He said slowly to her. "I'm changing it a bit for human life, you'll find it a little hard to breath at first but that'll change in a few minutes." He said to her slowly.

"Anyway.." He said as he tapped the ball and suddenly his eyes stopped swirling and his whole demeanor dulled slightly. "I have depowered myself." He said slowly to her. "In a minute or two the locals will show up..and try to kill me, you have to keep me alive while I fight them, they won't kill you but..." He said with a slight laugh as he leaned down and dug a bit before pulling a small dagger out of the deep black sand beneath them.

Gasping as the room around them blurred and dissolved, Wyn staggered, attempting to catch her breath and stared around her new surroundings in shock. Taking slow breaths, she blinked and looked up at him, her whole face a question but not able to decide on what one to ask first. Listening to him she nodded slowly and gripped her mandolin, adjust the small harp on her hip "B-but?" she asked, watching him take the dagger.

He laughed softly as he looked to her and slowly stretched. "Well there are things worse than death...like becoming a brood mother." He said slowly before he turned. "Ah, here they come." He said flatly as a low rubbling began in the distance. "They usually live underground but the suns setting, air is cooler, lights not as intense, they come out to hunt and I did piss them off the other day so this should be...interesting." He said as he took a readied position and looked towards the end of the beach where a cloud of dust was forming.

"A wh-what?!" she squeaked, eyes wide, at his words. Such a thing terrified her and she hold onto her mandolin tightly, turning to face the cloud of dust. Her mouth was tense and her eyes were flat as she listened to him, nodding "Al-alright." she stammered, drawing a breath.

"Well they gang rape you till you conceive, then they rape you till you're hours away from birth then they only rape you anally and orally as you birth." He said in an almost nonchalant manner before he lowered his stance and watched the cloud as it turned and began heading towards them. a low hum of voices could be heard as this happened. All of them high pitched angry voices.

Wyn looked sick with fear for a moment as he spoke, shivering as well as she heard the voices approach and nodded. Mouth dry she heard the voice arrived and deftly played a few notes, singing a snatch of notes in a soft tone. Power flared from the girl and settled over Anansi, it would make him more hardy in battle and provide him with a higher prowess to fight as well, enhancing his skill.

He laughed softly and stroked his fingers along his hair as if preening. "You can't bestow skill if you don't know enough of it darling, but it does clear my mind a bit." He said as he stretched then rushed forward. The cloud settled as they stopped, hulking though little shapes as he approached. Their skin was an angry red, their eyes a lime green, their teeth grimaced with purple goo dripping from them. They were confused as to what he was doing, usually he just ran, but then he struck one.

Wyn frowned, confused, not knowing what he meant. Her spells were supposed to enhance anyone's skills and she mentally shrugged vowing to ask later, if they got out of this mad test. She swept out a hand to the crowd and sang again, her voice hypnotic now to slow the creatures down and make them confused.

"Your abilities..." He started as he cleft one open with a vicious stroke. "Are limited by your ability to conceptualize." He added as he spun over one cutting his throat in the process then stabbing another in the eye and kicking his corpse backwards into another. "Basically, I'm skilled to the point where you have to let go of preconceived notions." He added as he cleft another's head from his body though the blade was seemingly too short to do so. As they found themselves confounded he swung in a wide arc slashing four open in one long strike.

Wyn listened, still a little more confused and frowned, thinking out over at the same time as she shouted a wave of sound washing over the creature to damage their ears. It made sense in a way, if she had the right idea, she was thinking in terms of what a normal person could do, and this man was by no means normal...

"Ok test over." He said as he brought his hands together, his eyes flashed briefly and he shot his hands upwards. In answer to his gesture plumes of flame shot up from the ground immolating the bodies and land around him making a small perimeter around her as it spread out far enough to reach before before vanishing leaving the earth lightly scorched. "You passed...any questions?" He asked her slowly.

The girl paused and watched the fire consume the bodies and looked ill a moment before nodding "How c-can I be a b-bet-better bard?" she asked, watching him keenly.

"I mean, I could remove the limitations of your mind in many ways, I could sing to you in my real voice but that would drive you insane." He said slowly. "Hhmm I could wipe your mind, I could...hhmm" He said slowly. "You also need to extend your range and your voice control."

"I-I'd r-rather not b-be m-mad, or h-have m-my mi-mind wi-wiped." she stated, biting her lip. Looking at him she nodded slowly "I'll pr-practice." she promised.

"No...practice doesn't help with...hhmm Lucifer." He said slowly tilting his head. "I'm sure he could I mean he had the second greatest voice on the plane..before his banishment." He said slowly as he looked to her. "I think I'll call in a favor with my uncle." He said slowly.

If anything his response confused her more and she shrugged unsure of how to respond. "Un-uncle?" she asked finally, watching him as well.

"Yeah, he's the guy who initially built me as well, named me and such." He said slowly. "Well not built, more of developed." He said slowly before he made his way slowly towards a section of the beach. "I mean..that or we could visit my mother...but she'd probably assume you to be one of my lovers and kill you out of jealousy."

"De-developed?" she asked, wondering if he was a construct of some sort, it would make sense, given the image of his crystal skeleton. Following him, Wyn made a face and shook her head "N-no thanks." she muttered.

"Yup, I'm not exactly..well I am...its a long story." He said as he began to push around with his hands as though feeling for something but all before him was air. "Its a matter of a balance or organic and inorganic." He said simply. "Then I improved upon it, killed my brother absorbed his abilities, it wasn't on purpose he was trying to kill me for mine." He said slowly before he tapped a certain spot and the air before them ripped open forming a rift that showed a deep red sky on the other side.

The girl stared at him, more then a little stunned to this revelation. She began to rub her temples slowly, mouth tense "I feel as if my h-head if going to e-explode." she stated, speaking very slowly to dull her stammer.

Sorrows Solace said:
The girl stared at him, more then a little stunned to this revelation. She began to rub her temples slowly, mouth tense "I feel as if my h-head if going to e-explode." she stated, speaking very slowly to dull her stammer.
"Oh you brought me a toy?" A voice called out. It was also dulcet, its tone however was much harder than Anansi's. "Well this is my uncle." Anansi said. "Anansi." He added with a nod. "Well the elder, I'm the younger." He gestured and a man came walking down from a throne, his skin the color of ivory, his eyes the same brilliant red as the younger Anansi's without the swirl. His body was similar as well, on his back he bore a large deep red outline of what looked to be a spider. "Well, hello young miss." He said in a clipped voice.

Wyn's face turned that faint pink shade once more and she sketched a small bow "Hel-hello." she greeted back, and straightened, warier then ever now.

"I see you have not taught your toy any manners, she couldn't even introduce herself, and in my domain too." He said as he simply turned from her. "I'd say take her to Phix and leave her to become a brood mother." He added in a rather brusque manner before he began to walk back to his throne. "What do you want now my dearest?" He asked slowly.

Wyn paled abruptly and swallowed, ducking her head "My name is Quewyn K-Kruger, s-sir. I am hon-honored to meet you." she tried, speaking as carefully as she could. She looked at the younger Anansi cautiously "T-to b-be a gr-great b-bard, s-share the joy o-of music...fi-find my place in t-this wor-world." she stammered and frowned a moment "B-be accepted..as I am." she added, voice soft.

"Ah music, I know a bit." He said as he opened his mouth. The younger Anansi vanished however and in a moment was clapping his hand over the man's mouth. "She hasn't heard angel song, much less a spider tale, do you want to drive her crazy?" He asked him. "This is something not to be wasted as you always said." "Ooo..she's a youngin then." He said slowly with a nod. "Most of the more powerful bards I know sing the song of ages and keep themselves young for...centuries." He added. "Yes, those are bards who've transcended, she's not one...can't you sense that." " Boy when you've lived as long as I have you assume all creatures before you are powerful and capable of hiding it." He added before he looked to her. "Mmm so you either want me to give you a soul for her, tell you where to find an elemental, or ask a favor from Lucifer" He added slowly. "You know me too well, but souls I have, elementals I have already picked a choice few." He replied before pouting. "Pwease..."

Back
Top Bottom