Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The cold man..

"A-and wh-what do you w-w-ant with me?" she asked, the fear creeping back into her voice now. She had no idea who this man was, or who he represented, and to go with them seemed to not be much better then being killed by the witch-hunter. But it was all she could do. "K-key?" she queried, frowning a bit as she walked with him shrugging "A-all the s-same." she stated, seeming to still not want to change the instrument it was evidently important to her.

The young woman made a face, giving a short nod and acknowledging his words "M-maybe, but m-most pe-pe-ople's ideas of 'creatures' are t-things that are m-me-meant to be kill or caged. I-I'm n-neither." she stated resolutely. She nodded back "W-Wyn." she replied, trying to smile.

He laughed softly before he shook his head. "We want you because you are different, there aren't many bards left in this world much less one who's able to command a variety of abilities such as you." He said slowly before he ran his fingers through his hair. "We are the Order of the Guillotine Cross, we gather to have strength and meet our ends." He said slowly to her. "We are stopped by only act of god, or death." He said slowly as he looked to her his eyes glinting slightly.

"Well that's how many see our kind, things to be killed." He said slowly before he looked to her and gave a grin. It was rather predatory however, too wide and too many sharp teeth to be friendly though he meant it to be. He licked his lips slowly after. "Well Wyn..come" He continued to walk as he did so. He didn't bother to look back or even so much as tilt his head as he left the town.

Wyn listened and nodded slowly, it made sense, to want a group of people that were both different and maligned by society. "A-abilities? M-most bards c-can d-do what I c-can, wi-with the ill-illusions and s-sound." she replied with a shrug, not mentioning her other abilities at all, she was unsure of most of them to be honest. "Wh-what ends?' she asked curiously, looking at him warily.

When he smiled she instantly smiled her it seemed to be second nature to the girl. While his was predatory her was gentle and good-willed. Continuing to follow him they exited the town, leaving it behind and making their way to the road beyond.

He laughed softly before he shook his head. "don't play me for a fool, I can see much more into those abilities than you think, bards can do it, but not the way you do." He said slowly before he turned to her. "I've killed three bards, never had to put in my ear plugs for any of em." He said flatly as he looked over to her. "Oh, those you will learn of later." He said to her as he continued to walk his eyes looking about the woods as they moved through.

"In any case, I guess I'd be your primary since I brought you in, I hope you survive the test." He added almost as if remembering.

"N-not in th-the way I d-do?" she asked, blinking, wondering if it was the illusions or the way she used sound spells. When he spoke again, her eys widened and the wariness returned as she looked ahead, stepping away from him a few paces but still waking with him. "T-test? And...wh-what does that m-m-ean, pri-primary?" she asked, not liking the mention of more strangeness.

"Yup." He said slowly before he continued to walk his eyes looking about slowly. "Ah there it is." He said as he headed into the woods to the northeast. "Yes, I'm the guy that brought you in, I'll be responsible for your education, wellbeing, and if you betray us I'll be the one who will kill you." he said wti ha nod. "Yes a test, everyone's abilities are tested." He added in a rather flat almost a tone indicating he was bored with the concept.

She looked ahead and walked with him seeming to have little trouble finding her way in the growing darkness. Listening to his words she swallowed and compressed her lips nodding "I-I do-don't think I'd be-betray you." she murmured, ducking her head slightly. "H-how will I be te-tested? In a fi-fight?" she asked, still not understanding.

"Thats up to Anansi to decide." He said flatly as he reached a particular tree. At it there was what looked like a broken upside down cross, its arms pointing downwards their ends fanning out like a guillotine blade. He tapped it and it began to glow. "Shift in close, don't want to leave any of you behind." He said as he grabbed her and pulled her close.

Wyn nodded slowly, knowing that he wouldn't answer anymore questions and she would have to wait until she met this "Master Anansi" to have her fate more or less decided. She gave a small squeak as he grabbed her but still drew in close, pressing against him not wanting to be killed by accident.

He laughed softly as he they were ripped through the air and found themselves standing in a well lit room atop a platform with a nearby dais that was alight. Walking over to it he tapped a symbol before he made his way before he walked towards the door. As he did so a dulcet voice called out. "I hear you picked up a stray." From the next room.

Wyn found herself holding on tightly to the man until she opened her eyes and looked around, frowning. Well that was one way to get around and she made sure she could stand upright as she let go of him. Hearing the voice she turned in that direction, looking at him questioningly wondering if she should follow.

Dirael pulled back from her and made his way into the next room. "You're one to talk, aren't you the man who went around collecting our lot?" He asked in a mocking yet friendly tone. Within the next room stood a man. He wore deep black pants, the legs they flowed as single pieces like pajama bottoms. His feet were bare against the stone floor, the musculature of his back was defined to a level of inhuman proportions. Each muscle outlined like it was carved from marble with flesh drawn forcibly over it. He stood only six or so feet tall, his fiery red hair down to just below his shoulders, well it was a deep scarlet at the base and lightened to an almost pink color at the tips. He had a deep black guillotine cross the same symbol as the tree between his shoulder blades. However the black cross then opened two deep red eyes that peered at the girl and a deep grumble filled the girl. "Be nice." The dulcet voice said again from the other side without him turning to look to her.

Wyn waited, feeling her discomfort grow as she took the man's appearance in. It wasn't that he looked different, she had seen many different people in her short travels. It was the aura, the power that the man possessed that scared her. People like that could be a friend, or could snap your neck. She swallowed and took a step forwards, her back straight and her hands clutching onto her mandolin "I-I ta-take it your Ma-Master A-An-Anansi?" she asked, her stammer thickening due to her distress and momentary embarrassment covered the worry on her face.

Anansi turned to look at her and smiled. It was warm and avunvcular almost in its way before he nodded. His teeth however were a different story. They were perfectly fitted together, as though each where shaped to fit into the next, closer to a well made trap than a mouth. His eyes were a dazzling red at the iris, they seemed to glow even in the bright light, they swirled slowly inward to titanium pupils that showed no expression. His sclera around the irises were a deep ink black. His face definetel masculine with a slight feminine softness to it, his body like his back toned to an inhuman level. His pants dipped down to a curved v at his pubis revealing a silverish symbol. It was easy to see that apart from his hair and eyebrows he had no hair on his body. His stomach was an ripple of deeply etched muscle with no navel to speak of. He slowly raised his hands and placed them behind his head. "Oh he's got you saying it too huh." He said slowly. His mouth however didn't move as he did so. He continued to speak however. "I guess you're the new one, so hhmm your test will be somewhat interesting." He added as he raised his hand.

the girl watched him a moment, finding her eyes trail over his body before they abruptly fixed upon his face, ignoring the silvery symbol...and the general area where it resided. Her white skin was flushed very faintly, like the rose-tint on a pearl and she swallowed at seeing the colour of his eyes, the blood red that reminded her of the few vampires she had seen. And his teeth, they may not have been fanged but they were the teeth of a predator. "Uhm...y-yes, s-seemed, p-proper." she stated and tensed as he raised his hand "A-and what wou-would I ha-have to do, f-for th-this te-test?" she asked, worried once more.

He laughed again but this time he opened his mouth. "Well you can pick, the sword, the shield, or the potion." He said slowly to her and leaned back slightly before lifting his feet sitting in air before her looking rather amused. His eyes looked her over briefly as he leaned in his elbows on his knees as he tilted his head. "I mean, each is different, kind of reflects who you are, will decide quite a bit." He said to her slowly. "Licking his lips he slowly stroked his fingers along his chin as though in throught. "You don't have to be nervous, I won't kill you, neither will my familiar, neither will Dirael or his...though your familiar is a bit...temperamental."

Her eyes widened as he floated in the air and she felt the urge to ask a multitude of questions, and bit her tongue to keep silent. "Fam-familiar?" she asked, walking to look over the three items in curiosity, not touching any of them. First Wyn wanted to get a bead on anything special about the items if she could.

"Oh they're plain, one represents, offense, the other defense, and the other healing." He said slowly to her before he made a wave of his hand. "Well I have two well more than that but two that are with me all the time..I'll introduce you to the nicer of the two." He said as he waved his hand. "Ignis." He simply said then a plume of flame shot upwards from his hand. It shot upwards and expanded its heat suffusing the room a bright orange, slowly a hand slipped out and grasped his shoulder burning it horribly before a young lady pulled herself out of it. She planted kisses all over his cheek each searing his flesh as he continued to smile and look to her. "This is Ignis, I haven't summoned her in a while so she's a bit affectionate."

Wyn nodded listening to his words while studying the items and turned as he spoke about the familiars and gave a loud yelp of shock as the woman emerged from the fire. "Yo-you're being bur-burned!" she squeaked and immediately grabbed the potion near her, it was a healing one after all right? The girl even approached, shakily holding it out "Does-doesn't that hurt?" she added, voice shaky not caring if she looked like a scared idiot, this was shocking.

"She's rather affectionate, once a year I have to have a union with her, I'm used to it." He said amused that in her panic she didn't notice his burnt flesh falling off and his body regenerating itself almost the moment she pulled back. However when she did burn him to bone it was a glistening crystalline blue instead of the chalk white of a human. "I'm kind of..odd like that, we all have familiars that cater to our particular abilities. Dirael's would freeze most people she touched to death." He said slowly with a gesture to where Dirael had been standing but he had left once Ignis came out disliking the heat she put off. "Anyways is that what you choose, healing, or did you think it would help me?"

Wyn continued to stare, her blue-violet eyes looking as if they would fall from her head as her skin turned a faint grey shade at the sight of his bones. "I s-s-see th-that." she commented, swallowing and blinked looking at the potion in her hand "I-I wan-wanted to hel-help. And I th-thought the pot-potion would wo-work." she murmured, shrugging and feeling sheepish.

He laughed softly as he looked to her and slowly and ran his fingers through his hair. "Good bye." He said to Ignis as she pouted and simply faded from sight. As she did so the hand shaped burns on his stomach shoulders and the kiss shaped ones on his body healed slowly as he nodded to her. "Is that what you wish to be tested on though." He said to her flatly. "I have all of eternity to wait but I'm sure you do not." He said slowly before he turned once more to his bench. "Tell me when you have decided." He added as he turned about.

She breathed a sigh of relief as the woman faded from view and as his wounds healed, the urge to vomit fading a bit. the girl frowned and looked at the potion "I'd like to be ab-able to heal, but I want to fur-further my b-bardic skills too. But I..want to be a-able to t-t-take ca-care of my-myself and others in a fight, I us-usually help people to fight b-b-better." she commented and looked down. "I just don't want to h-hurt anyone, but I've had to and I hate it." she murmured.

"Ah, I see, you want to be a support player." He said slowly as he made his way over to one end of the table. Lifting up a small metal ball me smirked. "Well I can handle that." He said simply to her. Walking over to her he held it out to her. "Well lets be off then." He said to her simply.

Wyn nodded simply as he spoke and looked at him quizzically, reaching out to take the ball "Wh-where are we go-going?" she asked, frowning.

Back
Top Bottom