Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The cold man..

"Ah well then you should do it. Life is hard for mortals, you never know when it will end." He said with a slow sigh before he nodded to her giving a gentle pat of her arm. "I mean I can't relate, but I can try." He added before shaking his head and giving another chuckle.

"Ve-very ac-accurate." she commented, not knowing that due to her heritage she would live well beyond a normal human's life span. Even so she could always be killed in an accident, or in battle. "I-it's go-good t-t-that y-you d-do t-t-try. Ma-makes y-y-you a b-better teacher." she murmured.

"Oh you'll live longer than a regular human, but nowhere near as long as my kind, and even less compared to myself. I'll be around...well forever." He said slowly. "Unless the maker undoes his work, which would undo the rest of it, so basically I can be mortal if existence is unmade." He said with a slight nod.

Wyn blinked, surprise and disbelief crossing her face "R-r-really, wh-why?" she asked, in reference to her life span. If that was true well it would be silly to expect that she'd live forever, until the universe itself else, she wouldn't have wanted to anyway. There was a natural end to everything after all.

"Well your mixture is rather rare, ghosts live till they find a final resting place or are exorcised. Humans die naturally, you'd have to reach a point where you've fulfilled your ultimate purpose and reached the age limit which is naturally extended. If either of those is unfulfilled, you won't die, theoretically you could live for possibly millenia." He said to her slowly with a slow stretch. "I see the look of doubt on your face and no, there isn't always an end." He said to her with a snicker. "Some things are eternal, because they are what all other are based off of."

Wyn looked more then a little uneasy at that prospect, it was above and beyond anything she had heard of. It was unnatural, which was an odd thing for a half-ghost to say, but she still felt it to be true. "S-seems r-right th-that things h-have an e-end." she murmured, shrugging.

He sighed and shook his head slowly. "Nope, some thing are permanent, you can't make something from nothing, and something has to be there to shape from one to another." He said with a nod and looking up he pursed his lips before slowly exhaling in an almost exasperated way. "I really don't think you get it dear, some things, just are, you can't help it, you can't fight it, your arms are too short to box with gods, and your mind is too small to understand, I'm in the same boat...well a slightly bigger boat but in the end, its taking the same journey."

She nodded slowly, understanding slightly "L-like som-someone ha-has t-to cr-create a mel-melody, or cr-craft a in-instrument." she murmured and shrugged lightly "I'm only m-mortal, my un-understanding is sm-small in these t-th-things." she commented out giving a wry smile as he pointed that out, feeling slightly better that he was somewhat along for the ride.

(Heh, Lucifer avatar, awesome.)

"Eventually, your boat will sink though, slowly into the abyss, and your soul will carry on to the next plane, or maybe your heritage will play out in extending your life well beyond death." Mine...mine will drift...and drift..." He simply added before he sat back. "Anyway...time to cover it up." He said as he covered the now deep black bowl with the tarp and set a few wires under it. Pulling them taut they arched slightly upwards creating a domed ceiling. Slipping around to one side he slipped into the bowl through a slightly lowered lip.

Back
Top Bottom