Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The cold man..

"Allo...allo...testing...one..two.." Anansi's voice rang out in her head. "You're lucky he was too concerned with his anger to realize that was a projection it said. "I mean he's my shade, if you must know what he is, and among the beings that we have bonded to others he's probably the most powerful...and the most tempermental..and jealous...and vicious." He added with a laugh.

Ixi in the meanwhile flew on slowly occasionally glancing here or there nervously and making sure to stay out of shadows making his path a long winding trip rather than the straight line it had been.

(Want to change it or just quit?)

(I'm just not enjoying it anymore, there's no real plot yet and the character interaction is just Anansi and Dirael lecturing Wyn.))

She listened and didn't respond, it really didn't matter if she responded or not, she was rather tired of making a misstep. Silence seemed best right now.

"Oh goddamn it." Anansi said as he appeared beside her. "Ok...so you're not exactly a survivalist..I'd have thought you'd have taken bearings..something...this was a little test. Ixi...you're her's now..you're info" He said to him simply before he held up a large looking phial. The fairy gleefully flew into it before Anansi sighed softly and handed it to her. "Any questions can be related to him. So you said you wanted to learn...first thing..I guess I can take you to see your new equipment so you can begin training with it..or is there something else you want?"

((I was gonna have something at the end but lets skip it.)

Wyn went a light pink and looked down "I'm s-sorry. I'm n-not, and all th-this, the at-attacks, b-being ta-taken out h-her, made me p-panic, wh-which I need to g-get past." she admitted and took the phial with a nod "Tr-training sounds f-fine." she replied.

"So first we have to explain why you're here." He said slowly as he took her hand. "It begins with this." He said tapping the band. As he did so its slight glow dulled. "Now that he's sealed away. I want you to know how important that item is, in order for something to be infused it has to be.. I guess precious, has to have some spiritual worth to it..a deep connection." He began. "Let me cut to it, that is Dirael's wedding band..and you look like his dead wife."

Wyn blinked, looking at the ring on her hand, then at Anansi, blue-violet eyes confused and curious. "It ma-makes se-sense, most t-things with power are filled with mem-mem-memory." she murmured and shook her head "His w-wife di-died, I didn't know he w-was ma-married." she stated, sadness filling her, was that the reason he acted the way he did?

"There is kinda more to it. I never trained his wife..I left it up to Dirael...and later..during a job...after some complications..I turned her into an elemental after I killed her body..the same that lives in his sword...but she doesn't remember him." He added. "Its why I'm in charge of your training, you see, Dirael learned to respect his mortality and abilities the hard way..when he was younger he tried to attack me in the woods, he as just a boy fleeing from bounty hunters who had killed his family. He still has a handprint on his stomach from where I struck him...yet he never was able to impart such a thing on another human being, or any being for that matter."

Wyn listened closely feeling a tide of sadness as she did so. "I c-can see wh-why he would-wouldn't want an-anyone to tr-train af-after that." she stated with a nod. She wanted to know why Anansi killed her but held the question inside, it was best not to pry. "I woul-wouldn't attack you." she assured him and shook her head, feeling bad for Dirael.

"Oh god no one in the guild would, Ignis alone is enough to take out half of them." He said with a slight chuckle. "Thing is, I can't be everywhere at once, she was being tortured by a rather powerful creature. By the time I got there her mind was in shambles, she was being possessed she'd already been forcibly impregnated and her body was broken to the point where she would die if I so much as moved her. So..I took her soul." He said slowly. "I made it quick, painless, but it was still damaged..so I had to wipe most of her memories and use various magics to imbue her with elemental magics. That was the first time Dirael raised a hand against me in thirty years." He said simply while shaking his head. But to pity him and let him hurt me would have been even more insulting, so I fought...crippled him for a few months as a result." He added.

She listened again and felt her eyes prickle with tears, the story was upsetting and depressing. Wyn was a goodhearted girl and she took other people's troubles hard, to hear something like this made her chest tighten. "Th-that's h-horrible. I m-mean h-h-how sh-she w-was tr-treated, n-not wh-what y-you di-did." she hurried to explain, blinking swiftly.

"No no, what I did was horrible too. I should have let her go, let her find peace. I tend to meddle. But in any case lets be going." He said as he swung his hand upwards a gleaming dagger in it as a rift tore open within the forest. As it opened it belched the unmistakable stench of sulfur and a furious heat as he slowly stepped within.

"Y-yes, the d-dead ne-need p-peace, my fa-father w-was lu-lucky, pet-petitioning to Ev-evening Gl-glory." she murmured, speaking of the Goddess of Love after Death. "Wi-without h-her, well I woul-wouldn't be here, and his sp-spirit might have b-been l-lost." she mused, before wincing a bit at the heat and stepping though after him.

"Mmm err." He said slowly before he decided not to tell her the truth. They stepped out onto a large metal grill various benches along its large surface from below a deep red feiry haze rose from a large pool of lava slight bits of smoke and vapor flowing around the grille upwards to a large hole revealing this location to be within a volcano.

"Som-something w-wrong?" she asked and was distracted as she stepped onto the ground and gasped, nearly choking on the heat as she gazed around in shocked awe.

"No nothing." He said slowly as he walked from bench to bench each having an item or two of hers on it. Her weapons and mandolin all now reconfigured.

Wyn nodded and her attention was diverted as she walked swiftly to the mandolin and picked it up, poring over it with loving detail to see what had been changed, not plucking any of the strings yet in case.

Its handle had been inlaid with several runes its body reinforced the tuning had been reworked and the strings were now much thinner. "I replaced your strings, its a special type of sinew now, it won't break, modified its design so it can carry sound better with a wider range of notes. The whole thing can actually now be disassembled and reassembled in a matter of seconds the parts are more or less unbreakable..well against those you will be facing anyway." He simply said before he walked along.

Wyn gasped softly as she looked over the instrument, awe shining in her eyes. The attention that had been paid to the mandolin was amazing, the strings would aid her both in playing and in battle when she used her music, she could easily take it apart to pack it easily and the chances of it breaking would be lessened greatly. "Tha-thank you." she stated, voice hushed and full of gratitude and she had to refrain from hugging him before she walked to pick up the longsword and crossbow that had been taken.

"Its no problem." He said slowly as he looked at her crossbow. Its entirety had been changed, the bow of it had been tightened the mechanism was different now having what looked like a small engine attached to it. A box was attached to the underside and a bolt as already in the firing position. However said position was covered and reaching over he removed the box showing her about a hundred or so of the small bolts within. "Automatic fire, once you learn proper magic you won't be needing these." He said to her. The butt had been reinforced to be more comfortable against the shoulder now the mechanism had two switches one for single fire and another that would automatically reset the bolt and fire it.

The longsword gleamed in the low light, it wasn't the same sword as before, now its entirety was a shimmering white. Its edge couldn't actually be seen without looking as though it were wavering. "It moves with vibrations, literally it will force itself through things by shifting matter around it, you can cut..well most things with the exception of heavenstone and blackstone." He said to her slowly before he walked over to another bench atop which was a shirt.

She shook her head, unable to put into words what this meant. It wasn't just the monetary value, the changes to the mandolin and crossbow was more then a master's work and the amount of gold they would be worth would be staggering. But she could not sell the mandolin more then she could her soul and the crossbow would be much more useful in a fight. She slid the crossbow onto her back and picked up the sword, mouth opening in surprise. She knew little of swordcraft, but this craftsmanship was amazing "Heav-heavenstone?" she asked, curiously, trotting to keep up with him.

He ignored the glittering shirt on the bench for now and looked to her. "Yes, heavenstone, mortals don't see it often, I used small bits of it in your mandolin. Its a metal that shines like fire, its strength is unparalleled, but it is also somewhat heavy." He said to her slowly. "Until you get stronger the materials I've used for now will do." He said with a slow nod to her. "Its what most angelic beings make weapons out of, a sword of fire, wasn't fire, was heavenstone, though we can set our weapons on fire." He said slowly.

She listened closely and committed the description to memory, maybe people from the Faerie Market would be interested. "Am-amazing." she commented, shaking her head and looked over the mandolin and sword, awe in her eyes.

"Yes I guess so." He said before he picked up a shirt. It looked rather normal but it glinted even in the low light. Holding it up close to her he shook it. "Chainmail, millions of small links, similar to the metal that makes your sword make this, but also there are filaments of the metal made pliable through drawing and heat are woven into the links." He said to her slowly. "This is somewhat heavy due to heavenstone being used over areas that make vital organs readily accessible." He said to her slowly. "It shouldn't be able to be pierced and probably will reflect a number of magics." He said as he looked it over. "However, heat, water, etc, are all still perils." He added before he placed it back down. "Hhmm I could give you a number of other things, but what do you feel you will need?"

Wyn blinked, at first using her knowledge to try and figure out what fabric the shirt was made from, before realizing it was made from a silvery-grey metal, surprise filling her face. "Th-that...p-people w-would k-kill to le-learn h-how to d-do that." she commented and shook her head "I o-owe you s-so m-much. Wh-why d-do al-all this, be-because I-I'm in tr-training?" she asked, no one outside her family had paid this much mind to her and hardly any people devoted this much time and effort to craft such amazing things. She looked thoughtful and looked at him, worry, pain and anxiety in her face "Hel-help. No-not just to t-t-train and le-learn al-all you wan-want to t-t-teach. But to fi-find o-out m-more a-about wh-what I a-am." she stated, stammering thickly now, he may be immortal but who knew how he'd feel about her heritage?

He laughed softly. "I know quite a bit about you." He said with a snicker and a slow nod before he stroked his fingers through his hair. "I'm..different." He said with a smile. "I can see your inner workings, I know what you are dear, don't worry about it..we are all a little strange." He said to her. "So...I can bring you your book...I know your watcher..or I can help you find your family." He said with a slow nod and a snicker. "The book however lists every moment of your life from your birth till now." He said with a snicker.

Back
Top Bottom