Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

gotta question for you guys (and girls too, I guess. lulz)

Shovel

Supernova
What are important factors for you when you are searching request threads for a potential roleplaying partner?

For me, I click on the most interesting or unique thread names first. I look at the less interesting ones later.

If I see a wall of text immediately, I am kinda turned off. I don't need to know your life story, I want a request thread that is short yet efficient. We can discuss details later. However I hate threads that don't give enough information. There needs to be a good middle ground.

I hate threads that make it sound like you are the shit and are high maintenance. There's a difference between being confident in yourself and being a douche bag.

From the tone of writing from the thread I can kinda determine what kind of person you are. High or low self-esteem...boring or fun...ect. Obviously I want someone to have fun with!

From the information provided I can usually tell what kind of roleplayer you are. I don't like n00b speak, but I don't like novel sized post either. I like sharing my roleplays with back and forth interaction.

Then of course there are the actual role plays and kinks I am interested in. I'm sure there is something on there that I'm interested in so this usually isn't an issue for me.

What about you?

I see it like this, if someone can't get through my rules, they aren't worth my time. I made them because I was tired of constantly repeating myself. I can also tell when someone contacting me didn't pay attention to my rules. My rules help set the type of people I want to roleplay with. Yes they are Hard to find, but I have fun roleplaying with them while we do. I've been told though I am intimidating as a roleplayer at first(due to my thread) I still provide a decent roleplaying experience.

When I am searching for a roleplay partner, I look for one that fits my criteria. For instance, someone that doesn't care what breast size your character has. Yes I have been turned down for roleplays cause I won't play big-breasted no brained cum-sluts. It pisses me off, because I'll find a decent roleplayer, and they'll want me to change a canon female or one of my own Original characters... to fit their sexual needs. Yet won't expect me to be except when they won't fulfill mine.

I hate it when they have a twenty paragraph long intro about themselves. Roleplayers who have code words are also a turnoff to me, because I find it to be childish not to roleplay with someone because they didn't message you their favourite fruit. Also, if they don't have contact information, or what they'd prefer to roleplay over, I won't even bother. Another thing I don't like is when they don't even post what they want to rp on the thread, or even give a general idea.

I try to find someone who can at least think for themselves a bit, not someone who just expects their partners to work for them. I don't care about the title, as long as it tells me what I need to know. I tend to do buttsex rps, so I just use my search bar and type "m/m, slash, yaoi, etc." and just go through. If they don't say what they want in the title, I venture in just to check. I just have never seen a connection between titles and creativity for a roleplay. Sure they can write "Rainbow Scabies, Baby!" and seem all neat, but they can still be as unoriginal as fuck.

I also look for someone who is online frequently, because I don't like waiting months for someone to post. It gets annoying. D; I'm not too picky though, just as long as they contribute and they're not a pillowbiter. When it comes to the whole 'top and bottom' thing, I just demand equal dominance and submission. Most people have a problem with that. I can't roleplay with people who whine about finding dominance impossible because it's 'not in their personality,' yet they play a 'neko' orphan who has been abused.

I'm pretty easy to please. o:

I must disagree, Shovel, about the douche bag theory. I would much rather RP with someone who is obviously a douche bag and clearly has a pair of metaphorical balls than a whiny little bitch who either A) Doesn't have a genre in mind and is incapable of selecting one, or B) Is an illiterate piece of shit.

Also, I look through the most recent threads first, as I have a greater chance of finding someone more active.

Ilovegoatse, I must also disagree with you. I find key words and requirements embedded within rules a necessary filtration system. You would not believe the piles of utter shit that have hit my inbox before I simply stopped responding to anyone who failed to tell me A) Their favorite quote and B) Who said it.

My problem isn't that I can't be dominant. I can. I'm good at it. I fucking hate it. If, however, my counterpart isn't a total waste of oxygen, I will suffer through the dominant role to make their own life slightly more tolerable. Even we douche bags have hearts. =]

Beside those points, I look for people who hate Twilight as much as I do, I avoid furry RPs only because it's never really been my thing, and I look for people with some form of a personality. Like I stated before, I'd rather RP with a douche bag who accomplishes nothing more OOC than pissing me off than someone with no personality what-so-ever.

I have to say I'm fairly simple with what I want but I talk alot so my request page has alot but it's basic to understand. I just want someone who can post a good bit and keep me on my seat waiting for me and excited to see them come on. Also people get mad that I bug them that's a good thing actually it means I like the rp and I like talking to you.

Also is liking ooc coversation a bad thing? o,0 It's like it is now a days I just like knowing maybe favorite color or movie stuff like that not your deepest darkes secret.

I just like when poeple read the rules and over my list I try to do the same unless it's not clear to me then I ask reguardless of what they say cause I might miss out on good rp.​

HollowHearted, the only problem with 'bugging' people about RPs is that it's very possible they are aware you replied and that they are enjoying the RP also, but perhaps they simply don't feel like replying at the time. I usually wait about a week to say 'Hey, guy. What's up with your inbox?" Because quite frankly, even if I love the RP to death I get sick of it sometimes.

I'm an avid e-fedder. Not avid like Braiddan who belongs to like 28-1/2 of them, but avid none-the-less, and quite frankly I can barely type up a promo some weeks. I'm sure you see my point of view.

TimothyRolePlay said:
HollowHearted, the only problem with 'bugging' people about RPs is that it's very possible they are aware you replied and that they are enjoying the RP also, but perhaps they simply don't feel like replying at the time. I usually wait about a week to say 'Hey, guy. What's up with your inbox?" Because quite frankly, even if I love the RP to death I get sick of it sometimes.

I'm an avid e-fedder. Not avid like Braiddan who belongs to like 28-1/2 of them, but avid none-the-less, and quite frankly I can barely type up a promo some weeks. I'm sure you see my point of view.
Actually, zout. I'm narrowing those down soon

TimothyRolePlay said:

TimothyRoleplay has a good point here. I love a great number of the roleplays I'm involved in, but some days I just can't seem to get a decent sentence out. Much less put together a well-structured paragraph to help such a good story progress.

Then, on the other hand, I have days where all I can do is write and I will end up posting very quickly.

So I will give a good amount of time before I get a tad irritated at a lack of response. Possibly 2 weeks if I have no warning, more if it's explained in advance.

I last browsed the RP threads some weeks ago and then bit off more than I could comfortably chew.

But I found the first post paragraphing quite useful, actually. The composition of the material told me something about how they wrote, and if they had a list of things they were interested in (particularly cravings), I could see if there was something that appealed to me. Frankly I don't think I ever noticed any of this e-flirting (favorite fruit? what?), but I probably wouldn't have catered to it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom