Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Book Club + Discussion

Paradise Lost as the next novel?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
BOOKS *ORGASM*

read pride and prediuce and zombies, and found it quite good, there also another...,sea creachers , and ninjas or something like that lol, I love when they fight and she breaks the fireplace mantle with his face. and when she fights the ninjas blindfolded lmao!

Books I recommend, Sabbaths Theater, Frankenstein (original), Legacy of the Drow (compilation), Ulysses by James Joyce...(must read), the Iliad and the Odyssey, Things fall apart. Paradise lost, Animal Farm.

--+Hahvoc Requiem+-- said:
Book Recommendation + Discussion:​

All right, kiddies. Since this is a book club and discussion, I will recommend a book for you people to read and have read by...I dunno- within the next two-three weeks [for those of you with busy schedules/other books that need to be read.] If you need more time to read the book, that's fine. I will only add another book to the "book" list once everyone has read the book and if a majority has the book finished, I will put up the next book for recommendation. If you have a problem with the book or think another book would be more enjoyable, I will go by majority vote and will change the book if that is the outcome of votes. [Feels like an English professor. >_>] Since I know you guys like zombies so much, I'm gonna recommend two books, [You can read one or the other or both and discuss]

The first book is: Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies. It's a spoof on Jane Austin but keeps about...80% of the original text or so. It was a pretty good read, though dry at times. It does has some funny banter, however and also illustrations.

The second book is: World War Z. I haven't read this book myself and I don't know when I'll be able to pick it up, but it was suggested by two people, so I'm putting it on the list.

Either way, enjoy and discuss! If you want to put down your likes and dislikes of the books, feel free and if you want to know the next book on the list, send me a PM.​

I just finished Pirate Latitudes, Michael Crichton's last book. It maintains his standards of excellence, and I'm deeply depressed that the world will be deprived of his talent.

Think Pirates of the Carribean with realism. It's most like the Great Train Robbery, which was one of my favorite Crichton books.

If i had to recommend a book it would be The Nightside series by Simon R. Green. So far there are ten books out and I have nine of them and I'm saving up to get the newest one. It's like a good private investigator novel but with ancient demons and a godless underworld that resides underneath London. It's a must have for fans of mystery, adventure and kick ass characters.

Book 1 is called "Something From The Nightside. "

Update​

I would like to know how many people have read the recommended book(s). Also, I would like suggestions on what books to recommend for the next book assignment. I love feedback so hit me with some!

Once I have a list, I'll put up a new poll and see how many people want a certain book for the next discussion.​

I haven't seen too many people that have read vampire game. I tried to list out all the manga I've read but gave up because it was taking too long. Plus having a manga list that long only made me feel like a lifeless loser. DX All my friends think I'm horribly nerd, which I guess I am.

Ok, so this writer is kinda directed at the teen age group but Scott Westerfield (sp?) is amazing. I really liked his book series "Uglies." because of it's theme about how society views beauty. He's books manage to hit a surprisingly deep note that really gets you thinking.

"Shade's children" By Garth Nix. Horribly dark and disturbed me greatly. WONDERFUL! I think everyone that likes horror scifi stories should read this.

"Cell" by Stephen King. Basically a Zombie book....BUT SO DIFFERENT! Really sucks you into the characters then leaves you begging for more at the end.

"The way of the shadows" By Brent Weeks. I just read the first book of this series and I am DYING to read what happens next.

If you want to read Westerfeld pick up his Leviathan. Steampunk WWI with art done by Keith Thompson.

It really is quite something.

I'm reading the first book in the Dark Tower series by Stephen King.

Garth nix is awesome, btw!

Nihilistic_Impact said:
You should pick up Paradise Lost while you're at it.
Ohwow. It looks really awesome. I defiantly will check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Christian, and any other religious, literature appeals to me so I try to keep an eye out for things.

Myths are far too interesting to pass up.

Nihilistic_Impact said:
Christian, and any other religious, literature appeals to me so I try to keep an eye out for things.

Myths are far too interesting to pass up.
Yeah, I'm more interested in that sort of stuff than the preachy literature.

Sweetly_masked said:
I haven't seen too many people that have read vampire game. I tried to list out all the manga I've read but gave up because it was taking too long. Plus having a manga list that long only made me feel like a lifeless loser. DX All my friends think I'm horribly nerd, which I guess I am.

Ok, so this writer is kinda directed at the teen age group but Scott Westerfield (sp?) is amazing. I really liked his book series "Uglies." because of it's theme about how society views beauty. He's books manage to hit a surprisingly deep note that really gets you thinking.

"Shade's children" By Garth Nix. Horribly dark and disturbed me greatly. WONDERFUL! I think everyone that likes horror scifi stories should read this.

"Cell" by Stephen King. Basically a Zombie book....BUT SO DIFFERENT! Really sucks you into the characters then leaves you begging for more at the end.

"The way of the shadows" By Brent Weeks. I just read the first book of this series and I am DYING to read what happens next.

I actually read both shades children and cell. I thought Shades Children was very good, but I hated the ending, cause both Drum and whats-her-face (lol) died.
Cell was good, but not very original, I thought he kinda combined 28 days later, with cell phones and ant behavior lol

Tathariel said:
Sweetly_masked said:

I actually read both shades children and cell. I thought Shades Children was very good, but I hated the ending, cause both Drum and whats-her-face (lol) died.
Cell was good, but not very original, I thought he kinda combined 28 days later, with cell phones and ant behavior lol

Maybe the beginning was a little like 28 days later, but I thought the flocking behavior was very interesting. If anything It'd more like "I AM LEGEND". The short novel. HATED the end though. D= I wanted to know what happened to the boy!

Right?!?!?! I hate how they just leave you hanging. It would also be cool, if he wrote more about whatever or whomever caused it in the first place, instead of the explanation
of how it was done.

I read Vampire Game, I'm missing the last three volumes I think. Not too sure. But I personally did like the series.

So...would people be opposed to Paradise Lost being the next book on the book list?​

Tathariel said:
Right?!?!?! I hate how they just leave you hanging. It would also be cool, if he wrote more about whatever or whomever caused it in the first place, instead of the explanation
of how it was done.

I left that book with so many questions! I kinda like how they didn't explain it though, made it feel more realistic in a way. A normal person know what happened and that's exactly why the characters in this book are, normal people that happened to not have cell phones. They should have told us what happened to the boy though, that was just mean. They give you that LITTLE bit of hope that they might become normal again...then they end it without telling you.

The image that scared me in the book was when the guy in the business suit was biting the dog's ear... I was not ok with that.

oh! A really good werewolf book is "Blood and chocolate".

THEY RUINED IT WITH THE MOVIE! I don't even think the read the book. Nothing, NOTHING was the same. The didn't even get one detail right except the character's names. They didn't even get their age and location right. Book took place in Virgina, USA, I think and in the movie they were in London somewhere.

It was sooo bad. The person she ends up with in the book she kills in the movie and runs away with the character that left her cause she was a werewolf. WTF?!?

Movie sucked, but really good werewolf book.

I think it was actually set in Romania. But the book itself was good. If I hadn't read the book, I would have thought the movie was great. But in its own way, the movie was good but didn't reflect the book in the least.​

I felt that way about "I AM LEGEND". The movie had some elements that was in the book but it was a completely different story. I loved both the movie and the book so I just viewed as that, different stories with same name.

Maybe if I didn't know the book I'd have been ok with it...but I wasn't too found of the plot of the Blood and chocolate movie either. It seemed a little too Hollywood, characters seemed to a little shallow. *shrugs*

I still like the movie, even though I love Frank Herbert's Dune.

-also loves his copy of the Dune Encyclopaedia-

--+Hahvoc Requiem+-- said:
I read Vampire Game, I'm missing the last three volumes I think. Not too sure. But I personally did like the series.

So...would people be opposed to Paradise Lost being the next book on the book list?​

I totally called it already! Paradise Lost rocks ma socks!

Back
Top Bottom