Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Timid Pet(Private Puppy+Anjeru)

His voice caught her by surprise, not by his tone but by the sheer suddeness of it as it cut through her idling thoughts. Twin orbs of green slid in his direction and a soft smile graced the lips he had tasted the night before. "I did, m'lord. And you?" Soft timbre of her voice returned the question to him, unaware that he had not slept. Those exquisite eyes traveled the length of his person, watching as nimble, artistic fingers continued to button. He looked rather elegant, she mused. Not that he hadn't looked elegant before, mind you. His seemed to ooze a permenant sense of elegance and she doubted it would change even if he were adorned in rags. The material of the dress seemed to flow around her legs with a sense of grace that reminded one of ripples across a water's surface as she moved. She came to stand at the bottom of the staircase, her hand lifting to push her silken lockes over her shoulder.

Hesitating for a moment, the man smiled back. Leaning against the railing idly, he let his 'vision' trace her silhouette, admiring the dress she had chosen for the day. "I rested blissfully, my Dear." Rapping his fingernails against the cool surface at their disposal, he glanced off to the walls, taking in the paintings with a soft and perhaps invisible sigh. Meticulous, yet careful, his left hand smoothed over the soft fabric of his overcoat, delighting in the sensations it wrought. "Have you been awake long?" The man's voice called out, worried that perhaps she might have been in a bore while he had been caught in meditation.

Another soft smile tinged her lips as she gently shook her head, the auburn curls sliding over her shoulders as she did so. "I have not been awake long," she reassured him, hoping she hadn't put him out by descending the stairs maybe a tad too early. After all, the sun had only risen a short while ago. Due to the life she'd let before now, she was quite used to be up and moving, even working, by the time the sun peeked out over the horizon. A slim set of fingers pushed strands of hair from her eyes, her head tilting curiously as she studied him and his current attire. She paled in comparison to the Lord's almost unearthal beauty, his inhuman elegance. He really was a sight to behold, for sure. She smiled again softly. "May I inquire as to when break fast is, m'lord?"

Breakfast? The thought ran through his mind quick and unforseen. He had quite honestly forgotten to be prepared for his new guest, and companion. The mansion they both stood inside had very few real ways to satiate mortal hunger, and Alexius hadn't known he would be needing such ways until now, it seemed. Worry did not plague his face, however, and he scoured his mind for ways to feed this beautiful woman. Rapping fingernails against the stone railings, he sighed silently, and hopefully unnoticably from the distance they held between them. Ah, but there was hope, as always, quite simply, they could go out into the world and find her some breakfast. The nearby village would likely have plenty, and while they were there, they could also purchase the means to create meals for whenever she grew hungry again. "How do you feel about returning to the town to pick up some breakfast, and perhaps the ingredients for meals later today?" He asked calmly, hoping that it might not seem odd that he didn't seem to have a means to eat within his own home.

[Gah! You did it again! I didn't see your post...so sorry it took so long for a reply! -flails-]

She quirked a brow; did he not have food here? Deciding to let her curiousity slide for now, the young woman pursed her lips and looked up at Alexius as he sighed. She barely caught it because of the distance between them, almost straining her hearing to do just that. "Sounds like a good idea," she said softly, but loud enough for him to hear her. "And a walk sounds nice, as well." she added a moment later. She pushed back her hair once more and remained standing where she was, wondering with a silent chuckle if Alexius planned to descend the stairs at some point.

The man nodded to her and retreated from the railing with a swift spin atop his heel. Striding into his bedroom once again in search of his cane, an overcoat, and his coin purse. Only one of which he truly needed, though they all would prove helpful in disguising as well as keeping up his mask. "Dreadfully sorry, m'Dear. Needed some way to pay the lads and lasses whom might have food." Slipping the purse into his pocket, the man descended the stairs, rapping along their stone forms with his feet while a rhythmic tapping of his cane sounded upon each other step. Once at the bottom, he yet again offered her his arm, smiling warmly as the very slight parting of elbow from torso welcomed her closer. "What sorts of things do you crave, Miss Shaylee?"

The young Miss Shaylee had to remind herself that Alexius was speaking of her cravings regarding food. At least, that is what she thought he meant. Even so, her mind couldn't help but wander to the previous, intimate moment they had shared in the gardens the night before. "Well, m'lord," she started, hoping the husky note in her voice was not as obvious to him as it was to her. "Any sort of food is perfectly alright to me." What she said was true. The Duke had only given her scraps when she had been in his service. It was one thing he used to keep her in place, besides the beatings. The scraps had never been even decent portions either, it was one reason the small woman was, well, so small. And she also hoped to hide the scars of the Duke's abuse, but knew if things progressed the way they seemed to be progressing, he would see them eventually. Clearing her jumbled thoughts, Shaylee siddled up to her tall master and slid her arm through the loop of his as he offered it to her. "And your generousity has already greatly exceeded my expectations," she said, head turning a slight so those eyes could look up towards his face.

One of his arms slipped in front of them to pry open one of the large entry doors, turning it's handle easily, and flicking the likely heavy form on it's hinges. Just as he'd turn to offer the exit, he whispered softly into her ear, for he had heard the trace of cravings in her tone, and easily caught the craving for things other than food. "Mm~ My Dear-" His voice called, wreathed in the entrancing and unholy fire of passion he so called his own. "-you say generosity, I say necessary. We may satiate other cravings still, if indeed I wasn't mislead by your interest in thrill." The man's lips had come so devilishly close to her ear for this particular whisper, the soft cool breaths that slipped past them could easily be felt, tracing her flesh most gently. Locks of white dangled down and brushed against hers, even daring to sneak a caress from her cheek and ear.

Shaylee waited for her handome master to offer her the exit of his luxurious home but was halted when instead, he spoke just shy of her delicate ear. The young woman shivered softly as his breath fell against the shell of her ear and his hair dared to tease her senses with butterfly touches. That, mixed with his already alluring voice, made her long for some experience or feeling she could not quite comprehend. "M'lord, Alexius..." his name fell out on a breathless whisper before she managed to pull it together enough to keep speaking, "...you were not mislead, what you can hear in my voice is the truth of a longing that I cannot comprehend myself...I am not well versed to deal with feelings and cravings such as these." Her voice was soft, almost too soft, but she knew Alexius would hear her. Alexius always heard her, no matter the volume level of her speaking. With him so close like this, she felt the tingling begin across her skin again, one she was becoming familiar with but only just so.

That faint smile continued to play curls upon his lips as she spoke, and he couldn't help but enjoy her reply. Slowly, he would turn in her arm yet again, upon a heel. Taking slow strides so as not to force her to move too quickly. Boots clicked against the stone walkway in front of his house, his mansion of a building, as he returned his own words to her, now slightly above her ear level. "I believe you will fair finely in the dance, my Dear. Together, a symphony of passion will be something we achieve with ease, perhaps, even a more deeply rooted sort of song can spring from what already grows." His voice was still a whisper, however, whatever unholy flames licked the tone before had been suppressed, for now at least. "Perhaps we'll wander the market, I'm sure you might be able to find something there worth your lips." With that, a soft nod and a few clicks of his cane, and they stepped from the stairs that led to his door, letting it slowly creak shut on it's own.

Her eyes stayed upon the almost unholy man beside her as they walked down the pathway, his words settling into her thoughts, worming their way into her already sensual thoughts regarding Alexius in her life. For the moment, Shaylee decided not to comment to the first part. She smiled softly as the sun rays reached down to caress them warmly. "The market place, aye. It would be nice to create some better memories of the place," she said with a slightly more lengthy smile. Her arms stayed thusly within his own, the skirt of her dress swaying almost rythmically around her slim legs. She seemed to be walking easier than the day before. Alas, the benefits of receiving abuse on daily basis was that she could get through the after effects easier.

Their walk to the market would take seemingly less time, perhaps, than the first time they'd made the trip to his mansion. The forests and fields seemed quite the same, if not a bit greener, and the street was even slightly busier, with a few traveling traders making their humble way to and from their shared destination. Many a stride later, they slipped through the gates to the city, passing numerous guardsmen on their way in, as well as travelers, traders and even a few noble sorts. "I will allow you to lead, my dear, I am not very familiar with where the foods are, and since I am not hungry myself, it seems only fair." Came his voice again in a warm manner, allowing her the reigns to decide exactly where they would be spending their time in the town.

Shaylee enjoyed the walk on the road back to the very same marketplace she had been rescued from the day before. If it hadn't been for Alexius, it could very well have been her last experience. The Duke had been so angered, she wouldn't have been surprised if he had beaten her to death in that very spot, admist the busy and bustling crowds of the market. Today was definitely a better improvement. "As you wish, m'lord," she answered in full agreement. As a servant for the Duke, she had a pretty excellent handle on where the different types of booths lay. As well what the different booths held. Often times, she would have been sent to fetch merchandise from these booths and their exotic merchants for the Duke. "Come this way, m'lord," she murmured as her feet began on a course once again. Her change in wardrobe from the previous day, made her a lady in the ranks of the gentry bustling around them. No longer did she look like the pitiful slave, bur instead, a pale elegant swan adorned in emerald silk and sunshine hair.

She led them about the marketplace, through the throngs of lords, ladies, merchants, and servants. Even the occassional town guard patrolling. Even if at times she doubted whether or not Alexius was really, truly blind, she was careful to let him manuever his way with his cane. She would be proven a fool if it turned out she was simply overly scupulious and he really was blind. "Here we are, m'lord. We've reached the foods," she said as her body came to a halt beside a vegetable booth, a busty young main working it. "Will I be preparing my own meal?" Shaylee asked Alexius as she turned her emerald eyes to peer up at him curiously.

In this particular environment, Alexius did manage a certain air of grace, though at times he also tossed a faint stumble forth in defense of his blind mask. Feeling out with the same wretched powers as he'd demonstrated before, he maneuvered and tapped along with his cane, rather quiet in the bustling streets. His long strides kept him rather close behind her, probably within an arm's reach should he have seen anything particularly strange happen. Like an over protective father, his 'gaze' wandered amongst the faces of nearby males. Catching their mind for just enough time to examine and be sure that Shaylee hadn't been chosen for some sick city tradition. As the man neared her at the booth she had selected from so many, he nodded and smiled as the first words poured from his lips. "Yes, I shall purchase whatever you may like." Sharply but quietly he drew in a breath through his nose, to take in the lovely scents of such a booth, and the scents of his companion, together, they created a quite pleasing fragrance. Stepping near, his hand landed light upon her shoulder, more so to keep the eyes of others away, a matter of simple protection.

Unknown to the young woman, many eyes of the male persuasion were tracking her every graceful movement. She seemed to float through the market place with the ease given to a gazelle, when in fact, it was only because she has bustled through this exact martket many times before. Shaylee seemed unawares to the attention she was gathering as she began to pick through the edible merchandise laid out before them. Humming softly in melodilic tones, slim and graceful fingers began to pick up, feel, and weigh the various choices. She smiled up to Alexius as he set his hand on her shoulder, in an almost protective gesture(though this did little the detour the eyes following her). "I think I will take one of your birds - ah, one already plucked and cleanedm please." she made sure to add the last part to the busty merchant, not wanting to have to kill the poor creature herself. "Alas, a some potatoes as well." The fresh young merchant nodded her head and went off to do what she requested as Shaylee turned her head up to gaze upon her handsome companion. "I feel I must thank you once more, Alexius. You are most generous to me." She said as she brushed a lingering curl from her eyes.

The incubus seemed to contently watch over her choices as he soaked in the auras of those around him. Never once did he move his head, careful to keep the ever present mask of a blind man well worn. How he hoped she'd be able to fix the food herself, for he had only faint recollections of how to cook such things. It had been a hell of a time since he had needed to procure some food with his own hands. "You are welcome, M'lady." Was his quiet reply to her, smiling faintly as he shifted his head towards her just a bit. "It is less than you deserve, as is." He finished with a nod, before a tiny caress of her flesh was given by his already resting thumb, smearing it's warmth onto her lovely shoulder.

If the young woman was able to read his thoughts, she would have been quick about reassuring Alexius that she was perfectly capable of preparing her own meal. As a slave, or a servant(however one was to look at it), she had prepared meals not only for the Duke, but many times for his guests as well. The young trader behind the booth was quick to go about completing Shaylee's order, before long bringing the provisions to her in a disposable container. Shaylee smiled to the girl, shivering softly from the feel of his thumb caressing her shoulder. She didn't quite understand how to act around him, or how to disect the feelings she felt towards Alexius. "Here you are, my dear. Shall the gentleman be paying?" the young trader said, distracting Shaylee from her thoughts of the man standing so close to her."Ah, yes, he has so graciously agreed to pay for the provisions," she responded, a smile sent up his way again.

The devil smiled warmly as he felt her own grin beaming up at him. Stretching out the hand which still held the gems, he let it sit open to the shop keeper, and the number of jewels was rather surprising to her eyes. Though a number of colors laid in his palm, several were more vibrant, some deep reds, a peach sort of pink, two obvious emeralds, and a sapphire. "Two, I believe, should suffice, you may pick them. If that is agreeable?" Said the masked gentleman, in that voice so calm and confident. Another of the softest caresses rolled over Shaylee's shoulder, a gentle thumb moving along the warmth.

The merchant's eyes widened and she excaimed some word in her first language, before catching herself and nodding enthusiastically. "Ah! Yes, m'lord! Two will be plenty, for sure. Thank-you," she exclaimed as she picked out a ruby red gem and an emerald that had a hard time holding a candle to the beauty of Shaylee's same color eyes. The merchant slid the two gems into her apron and handed over the provisions in which Shaylee took into her small, but artistically tinted hands. "Thank-you, miss." Shaylee said with a small smile, the soft touch of Alexius' thumb comforting and sensual all at the same time. She turned her head to look up at her 'protector' again. "Do you wish to linger about the marketplace some more, Alexius? Or shall we head back?" she asked him softly, still standing close to his body, enjoying the subtle way their bodies shared their heat.

The incubus thought on this for a bit, and truly came to the conclusion that he did not mind. He sought some reason as to lean one way or the other, and came only to find that he'd prefer his house over the market for the seclusion. Or, in this case, the ability to put all his attention towards his companion. "Well. I might prefer my home to the marketplace, but I do not mind staying here if there are more things you'd like to pick up, or if you'd like to have someone else cook them." Turning his head towards her a bit, as he stepped backwards to let some other people take up spots at the stall. His narcissism was telling him that they both likely made a stunning couple, and perhaps that was a rival for the option of going home, however, being alone with Shaylee was something he was quite a bit more interested in.

Shaylee watched as her companion mulled over the two choices she had provided to him. When he did decide on one, she was glad to find that it matched her own desire to return back to their, well, home. He had purchased her, so it was her home until the day she no longer serviced him. As he stepped back to let people through, she stepped forth a moment later to relink her free arm with his own. A soft smile curling across her lips as she turned her eyes up to his sash covered ones for, well, she wasn't sure how many time she'd stared at the 'eyes' behind the clothe. "I agree with home, m'lord. I can cook my own food just fine on my own." she said softly.

The incubi nodded, his eyes wandering along her form as he turned them to her. Bearing a pleasant sort of smile, he obliged to take the lead, and begin weaving their way out of the market's crowds. Wandering the streets till they came upon the outlet that would allow them passage back to the mansion. He too, seemed to be quite graceful amongst the other people, slipping past without touching most, Alexius retained his grace no matter the action. It wouldn't be long before the click of his mansion's door would be heard, closing most slowly behind the both of them.

"The kitchen's door is just under the stairs on the left. I'll join you in a moment, must go replace my coin."
He stated calmly as he gestured to a door that was, in fact, directly under the stairs he had indicated. Reluctantly, he would slip his arm from hers, instantly missing the closeness. Long strides took him to the stairs, and carried him up each level quickly, not so much as tossing his hair as he ascended. Disappearing into his room moments later, the door clicked shut, and he swiftly moved to do exactly what he had stated.

The walk back to Alexuis' home was pleasant enough and Shaylee found herself enjoying it immensely. The dood clicked shut behind them and Shaylee looked to her companion with a soft nod, auburn curls bobbing from the movement. "Thank-you, Alexius." She said as he disappeared to do exactly as he said, to replace the lovely jewels he had used to pay for her food. The rather nice thing, Shaylee mused, was that the rations she'd acquired would last her a couple meals. Her slight form turned and meandered through the doort Alexius had pointed out to her. Her free hand picked up an apron hanging in the kitchen space. Setting the food down on the counter top, she slid the apron on and rolled up the sleeves of the beautiful dress she'd found in her bedroom. She prepared the over, washed a potato and the bird, before preparing them to be baked. Once they were ready, she put them on a pan and slid the portions of food into the oven and clicked shut the door to await it to be done.

It wasn't long before Alexius descended the stairs, and moved to the kitchen. Walking with those long, graceful strides before the door slipped open, with pure golden silence. His form appeared without a noise, and only a very soft click of the door behind him might have dared to alarm her of his presence. Leaning his back upon the frame, the man simply watched her. She did know what she was doing in a kitchen, which was good, for he knew only the basics, despite having such an ample place for preparing food. Slowly slipping his gentle fingers into the pockets of his pants, he couldn't help but smile. This whole incident, since he had found her that day in the market, till now, was a lovely one indeed. The passing of days had built upon his attraction to her. Perhaps this attraction had already been large, and had been what had brought him to her that day in the bazaar. Either way, it was now a great attraction, so great, that it warmed him to even watch her in silence.

Shaylee merely leaned her slim form back against the counter top, hips resting against the structure. Her delicate back wasn't directly presented to him, a soft profile visible to him as he watched her from his perch in the doorway. She hadn't heard the man come in, having been a tad lost in her own thoughts, quite coincidently thoughts of him. Of the night they'd spent together in the gardens, the faint lingering sensation of his lips against her own. Small fingertips pressed to her lips as if to hold the memory of his kiss to them, a soft blush staining her freckled cheeks. Dropping her hand after a moment, she shook her head and stretched, catching the silouette of his figure in the corner of her eye. She squeaked and spun around, flushing prettily. "Ah, m'lord...I didn't hear you come in," she murmured softly, lowering her eyes as she rubbed the back of her head in embarassment. She wondered vaguely if he had caught her day dreaming, and if he had guessed what she had been day dreaming about. Oh, she hoped not.

Back
Top Bottom