Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Choking Point (Intrest Check)

lost_minority

Super-Earth
It is a time of hell on Earth. World War Three erupted in the year of 2015, the largest depression the world had ever seen had hit it's climax, bankrupting three fourth of the worlds population. Nations that were once at the top now seemed unable to stand on it's own, while others climbed their way to the top. In the vast change of power, the UN began to crack as those who once held power, (America, UK, France, Canada, ect.) wanted their power back, while countries now on the rise (China, Iran, Korea, Egypt, and Russia mainly) refused under any circumstances to help those that were falling down the charts due to the economic depression.

The two sides were starting to draw clear lines in the middle of June 2015, some even calling out for war, as both sides tore at the world literally splitting it in half (Freedom Nations A.k.A. those who had power against the Communistic Allies or those who had recently gained power). By the end of august the UN was deemed no longer needed, nor safe and was disbanded for good, after many national leaders had been assassinated. The state of the world quickly spiraled down hill from there.

Russia and China began an invasion of America and Canada sending drop planes over Antarctica, where Canada, and America launched a quick and prepared counter attack, turning Antarctica into one of the biggest war zones the world had ever seen. Iran followed suit quickly taking the other middle eastern nations with it's new found strength. Going straight into Europe. The Combined forces of all of Europe met them, in a struggle, similar to the stand still trench warfare of WWI, as India, decided to side with the Freedom Nations, forcing Iran into a two fronted war. This proved deadly for India as it was now surrounded on all sides by the Communistic Allies.

North Korea now backed completely by China, swept South Korea, and Japan who were without any aid from the outside world. They then led a naval assault on America's west coast, quickly taking ground in San Fransisco, but were stopped dead there in a stand still with American forces. All this came about by the end of the year.

As India began to loose their war on all fronts, America deemed them priority number one in the war, diverting their main forces from Antarctica, to help India, leaving Canada to deal with most of the fighting in Antarctica and along the baring strait.

This is where we come in. As forces were sent to India in its aid, China made the extra effort to send in a large surge of troops into the area (to China a large surge is 25,000,000 people just so you get the idea) flooding the area and quickly forcing the Indians to retreat from landing zones America deemed safe. With a bit of miscommunication in an instant thousands of lives were lost in the screw up, our unit being one of the lucky ones involved. Just stuck far behind enemy lines.

I'm thinking an 6-12 man team, with highest ranking player being a Staff Sargent. We can have such a wide range do to casualties from the landing plus any survivors we pick up on our way. Of course out numbers will increase/decrease during the course of the RP due to casualties and finding other survivors.

I was thinking that our squad would have been mostly vets of the battles going on in Antarctica. This means that they will be experienced and not quite so easy to have a mental break down as the new recruits but also means that they would take more time to get used to the different type of war style. Remember Antarctica was a frozen waistland, where as India is a highly populated area. The fighting tactics of the area will be very different from what they are used to, but they did it all in boot camp so they won't be completely fresh to the tactics.

And remember, not only does the Communistic Allies out number the rest of the world, they also have better equipment now to. Still there is more of a willingness to be in the military of the Freedom Nations as they, have no jobs back home, and their families will get paid for their service in the war, which is better than getting nothing.

Rules!

Yes there will be rules during this RP. Not that many, just enough so there aren't any major arguments.

1. No god-modding. I hope I don't have to explain or enforce this one at all. If I think your god-modding, I will kick you out of the RP and I or someone else will take your character through the story if they wish.

2. Be realistic. Don't go into the room full of enemies single handedly expecting to come out injured horribly, if you survive at all.

3. I understand a bit of flirting or romance, but if you start to get to romantic please handle it in PM's.

4. No play OOC knowledge IC. First times a severe warning. Second time and your out.

Sorry I know I'm a bit strict for some of the rules but, I would hope they are common sense.

If your interested please say so. And this really is just a rough draft that I came up with over night while I couldn't sleep, so any and all ideas are welcome.

I'm interested. I'm into the whole Action related RPs, and this sounds awesome. I would love to be apart of this.

I do have a question, The tech level the the Canadian's and the US have, Is Today's tech, yes? So someone, (Theoretically) Could have a Scar-H, Red dot, N00b Tube, with a lazer Pointer? Maybe with Stopping Power Pro? (If you catch my drift?)

Lol, I have been, but i was just using it as a Reference, I'm just hoping that Lost_Minority gets it.

lol Yeah I guess they could. They would have weapons, that are modern day with a few new features. China would have weapons that are clearly next gen, and in more quantity.

Next gen... like... caseless ceramic ammunition? Or are you using next gen to mean something like energy weapons here? Just had to ask. One of those things where the answer differs based on who you ask after all.

Damn Arc you saw right through my defense. I said that specifically because it was so generic at this point. I haven't thought it out yet.

I'm thinking that I'll be going for things like, weapons that are lighter more durable, with less recoil, and a new firing system. Haven't thought it through completely yet, like I said this is still a work in progress, and I wanted to make sure I would at least have a few people interested in it before I did a lot of research and work on this.

Great thanks for letting me know Tex. I'll keep ya updated on what's going on here if you want.

Good base to use for "Next-Gen" would be to look up the Axis of Time series and the equipment that the Marine Expeditionary Unit used. Gives the commie pinkos there an edge without being "WTF? How did they get so far advanced over us?".

But one thing to remember is in the global age, one nation's new military equipment/technology/capability is copied quickly. You might think it odd that it happens. We deploy a Javelin system, within 4 years the Ruskies have one of their own, etc. But it's not really. Soon as an idea is out there, it will get copied if its of any use. If it doesn't work, it won't be copied. Espionage, just "Knowing its possible", copies taken from the battlefield. It happens.

Thanks for the tip. And yeah I know. The sides would both have access to the same equipment just the freedom nations have to make a choice as to supplying only three fourths of their army with the best stuff out there or, using the less costly and available weapons. Which would be a hard choice when almost all of the nations are broke.

Actually I can't see them feilding much of the new gear at all except to special forces teams. Problem with next-gen is that it is ONLY next gen. Yeah, your rifle might be a bit better in 2010 than it was in 1940. But the 1940s rifle will still blow a hole right through a 2010 soldier's helmet and right out the other side just as well as the 2010 rifle will, for example.

Special Forces are well trained enough to make use of it, and have more demanding missions that might require such gear as rare as it is. But the average infantry man will find that weapons 70 years old are still effective enough not to require the shiny new versions. They might WANT it... but the higher ups know they don't NEED it and they'll have to make do.

Which is why I was thinking very few of the Freedom Nation forces have the next gen equipment, while the Communistic Allies who can afford it, will be giving their men the best equipment they can, not just weapons, I'm saying armor, vehicles, and everything else they can oust the other side in. Having the best in all the categories possible they can would definitely give them a major advantage in the war.

That it will. Also an interesting dynamic as you're reversing the usual flow. Usually it's the smaller force that is more advanced. Here you have the massive populations better equipped than the smaller forces. Kinda odd considering the backstory you set up. Traditionally that results in guerilla warfare and resistance rather than staunch defense.

.... I will point out you probably me "The Artic" rather than "Antartica" which is at the South Pole. I mean, that's a really long route and it'd be Mexico and America rather than Canada and America. Or maybe you do mean Antartica and Mexico... or maybe I'm missing something.

India probably should have been a "Freedom Nation" to start with as they were after all a SEATO (South East Asia Treaty Organization, just like NATO though it includes nations such as Japan, South Korea, Australia, India) member.

Remember you can just tell me to fuck off. Just sayin' to make it more polished.

Kinda wondering about Nuclear arms too. Something to address after all since they exist, and are supposed to be a deterrent for just such a conflict. Could just be no one has decided to pull the trigger. Might be that they're waiting until things really go to shit. You got a lot of nuclear powers involved. All of the Commies, India, concievably Iran, half of the European nations such as France, US, Canada... Could make for a subplot, attempting to neutralize an enemy's ability to use such weapons and really fuck over the world. Could just be that eventually there is enlightenment and they realize that letting the world live is more important than the win/loss... but that's almost too idealistic to believe.

Kinda odd that Russia let Europe go to Iran. Might make more sense for Russia to be two fronting it, European Theater and North American, while Iran goes Indian Theater and Middle-East and into Africa. But hell, even in your storyline no one wants Africa, just like reality.

Japan would be interesting as another theater. I know you have it being massively overrun. Keep in mind though the Japanese have thier own well outfitted military defense force, but you also have some fairly massive American bases still there, including the home ports of three American Fleets. It should stand up as a battle ground. Maybe left to North Korea and being the "Second Front" to China as opposed to the North American front.

Just throwing out ideas. Tell me to shut up if its not appreciated.

lol. No no everything your doing is only going to help me get this thing off the ground. So actually I'm going to be thanking you. It seems your doing more work for my RP than even I am.

Yeah the Antarctica thing was a mistake. I completely forgot about the Arctic being in the North while Antarctica being in the South. Wow that mistake was really childish. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Well in this case the nations with less advanced weapons group going into a staunch defense is that they believe they can win this war without going through guerrilla warfare, because they are still egotistic and believe they are on top of the world and can do whatever they want though the generals know it will be difficult they will still try such tactics for the political gain.

Ok I never heard of the SATO so thanks for the info on that. It'll make it more sensible reason why India is part of the Freedom Nations.

Yeah I was thinking about the problem of Nuclear Weapons, there's nothing solid about my ideas for that, but I think as of right now I'm kinda banking on the fact that neither side is loosing as of now as of to yet, so they haven't needed to use the weapons yet.

Well Russia will be having diplomatic fights with Iran throughout the war but they would not let the freedom Nations know they were having fights within the alliance as this might, give the Freedom Nations leverage to break up the alliance.

As for Japan I did some research on it, after I posted and saw how strong their army was. I was going to change its story up a bit when I went to edit it.

Interesting thing is also to think of theaters in terms of importance.

For example, in your backstory that you have, Russia's First Front would be the Yukon/Northwest Territories/Alaska, after which it might be the Eastern Asia Front dealing with Japan or the European Front, followed by the one you don't choose. This tells you were the concentration of troops, is, thus what sort of forces players might run into. The Russian Primary Front might have something like the elite 101 Red Guards Infantry leading an assault, backed up by elite Spetznaz commandos being air dropped behind the lines and reinforced by the 12th Armored Corps. Gives you a chance to throw in a bit more flavor into the fighting.

You know, this isn't JUST some Iranian Commies we're up against, but the Jordanian Second Jannisaries, who were battle tested and proved in the street to street fighting in Jerusalem, a light infantry unit adept at urban warfare.

Tactically such a Staunch Defense would probably have to be done in the mountains of the very northern most land masses in North America. Defensive terrain, damned hard to cross on the ground, mountains have always proven to be a good way to help decrease the effectiveness of air attacks. Very harsh enviroment where the land itself could be generating as many casualties as the fighting itself. Possible US Army Units and RCAF choose this point to make their lines due to training differences, having better arctic/mountaineer regiments than the commies, thinking to even the odds though training and skills against superior equipment.

Theaters? As in which front is more important?

Yeah I'll have to give some thought to the whole war, and what's going on in it. And on the Middle Eastern front there is no doubt there will be resistance inside of what is now Iran. But there main army can not stop the brute force assault of Iran, so they have taken up a guerrilla war much like the Taliban has inside of Iraq or Afghanistan.

And the North American troops taking hold in the mountains up in Northern Canada sounds like a really good idea.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but i don't think the US would have any extensive... Ehrm... 'Snow troopers'. Sure they might have a Platoon or two trained in Mountaineering and such, but other then that I think that Canadian Troops would take on the snow, while the US troops cover the coasts. Let the Natives take care of there own land and cover their asses.

..... TEAM CANADA! FTW .....

Thanks.

lol. I wasn't saying American troops would defend the northern mountains. I saying the combined forces of Canada and America would defend the North. Which like you said would be a lot better suited for Canada on land and probably leave America the navy/AA support side of the area. Still there would be a lot of Canadian navy helping the American navy and like wise for the land troops.

Yes, to use an example, take World War II. America's Theaters (In order of importance), was Northern Europe, North Africa/Italy, the Pacific. This determined in part where supplies were sent. Europe in particular got a majority of the Liberty Ship convoys during the height of the Wolf Pack Raids to help keep the American forces (And English, Free French, Polish, etc) on the British Isles fully stocked. Whereas North Africa/Italy was next on the list. The Pacific, despite being the reason the war was joined, was the third front. Troops on that front often made due with obsolete gear and fewer supplies (Such as the marines who were using pre-WWI machine guns and actually had to scavenge modern machineguns from shot down bombers).

That helps determine if say, Players in India are fighting the best Iran has to throw at them, or perhaps lesser equipped/trained soldiers. Rumsfeld got in a lot of trouble for saying this very true axiom of warfare. "You go to war with the army you have, not the army you want." Just because the Communist Ally Block CAN field all of the best gear doesn't mean all of their units have been fully upgraded, or that particular fronts/units don't get all the supplies they actually need to run at 100%.

Primary fronts, like the US troops in Northern Canada, will probably have the best gear that the US can give them. Japanese front american units will probably have the second peck at supplies, as maintaining control of the pacific would be vital to keeping supply lines open, including the ability to reach and relieve India. Where as India would probably be the last, as it's guaranteed almost by the nature of war that supplies/reinforcements ment for India would be commandeered by Japanese Front troops and bases as needed before they even reach there, as well as being a less important front that doesn't directly involve US territories and holdings.

Also: US Army already has a very extensive "Arctic Warfare" unit that came out of the Cold War and the very idea that there would be an invasion across the pole/Bering Strait, still stationed and trained in Alaska. Mountaineering would probably be stepped in due to the fighting in locations like Afghanistan's mountainous regions. It's not inconcievable.

Canadian Navy!? Where!?

lol, when the Us goes for war games, they ask Canada to be their Sub hunters. We don't have much of a Navy, and we work in 'Lower' Tech then the US, But we're Dam Good at it.

And i didn't know that the US had an 'Arctic Warfare Unit'. Now i know.

(They probably Use our snow to.)
(lol JK)

(No seriously. They most likely do.)

Oddly for Sub Hunting "Low Tech" is preferred. The primeir sub hunters are still turbo prop planes, because they can go Low and Slow over the water, dropping ordinance, sonar bouyies, etc, while maintaining a higher "Time on Target" window than jets can. And they do the job better than surface ships and submarines do. Only reason they aren't the only subhunters is due to range and needing land bases.

In fact there's a very large sub hunter base not just 120 miles from me, US that is.

Wow. Ok thanks Arc, but I think it's to late for me to think haha
I'll probably look at everything you just said in the morning, and edit the origanal post to what you've told me tonight. Thanks for all the insight to.

I thought that subs were part of the navy... weren't they?
But yeah I still think Canada would be the main force in the North while America will tend to be a strike force helping those who need it on their fronts, to a point then pulling back to help in another front, while still helping a Canada in the North greatly. The North will as far as I know right now be the number one theater for America and obviously Canada. Europe second and India/Japan third.

Back
Top Bottom