Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Popular Boy's Secret(Ghostxtiger and Mouse69)

Ghostxtiger

Pulsar
At first glance Kaoru Aomori would seem like any high school senior. He was very popular. Especially with the girls. Not a day went by without him getting a love letter or two stuffed in his locker. However, he would turn down every girl that came his way. People where beginning to question the boy's sexuality but he was approached by another popular boy the other day and he turned him down just the same. Many where baffled why he would turn down both sexes. Of course, no one would ever guess the real reason.

One day after school. Kaoru sits at a table in the library, twirling his pen as he waited for his tutor. He was getting lazy with his school work so the school assigned someone to help him get his grades up. It was a female class mate which he was not very happy about. "Great, another girl who'll make googly eyes at me the entire time" he thought,sighing deeply as he waited for the girl who would be his tutor.

Mima Kirigoi sauntered into the library, books in hand, as she hummed to herself quietly. She had been in a particularly good mood all morning, and now she was about to be to the tutor of The Kaoru Aomori. After she saw the table at which he was sitting, she began to find it a little hard to contain herself as her inner 'fangirl' began to emerge. She took a moment to calm herself before venturing closer.

Mima-rin, as she was often called, was never the type of girl to act giggly or ditsy over any boy, but there was something different about Kaoru. Something aside from his possible A-sexuality that is. He fascinated her on a much deeper level. She was actually a year younger than him, but the fact that she was taking honors courses as well as college prep courses made her more than qualified to tutor him. She had often seen Kaoru as smart boy, and she was curious as to know why it was that his grades were slipping. Especially now, during his senior year.

Kaoru turned to see his tutor enter the library. His heart skipped a beat when he saw who it was. "Her?! Out of all the students in this school. Why does it have to be her?!" He thought, thinking that his luck couldn't get any worse. Not only did he have to be tutored. He have to be tutored by a girl and on top of that. It had to be the one girl he had a crush on. He tried to keep his nonchalant attitude as he watched Mima approach the table. "I guess you're my tutor huh?" He asked as he stayed seated and kept his gaze away from Mima, tapping his pen on the table.

Mima nodded to him softly, placing her books on the table and took the seat across from him. "I guess so." She said with a nonchalant shrug, trying to keep her composure as well as keep her calm demeanor. She had never been one of the girls to send Kauro a love letter, and she never had the nerve to approach him before then. She flipped through her notebook for a moment, looking for a specific sheet of paper. She didn't look up at him while she searched her things, soon retrieve their tutor clock in sheet. She hand signed and dated it to verify that she was there to do her job, and now she needed Kauro's signature. "Can you sign this please? And put the date next to it.." She asked softly, sliding the paper in front of him.

Kaoru nodded and took the sheet of paper to sign in. "So, where do we start?" he asked as he handed the clock in sheet to Mima. He tapped his pen on the table. A nervous habit. He didn't know or care which specific subject they should do first. He just wanted to get this over with and go hang out with his friends. He also didn't want to show any signs of weakness to this girl he was so fond of.

"Well, first things first I suppose.." She mumbled lightly. "Why are you slacking off in class like this? I know you get this stuff, you're just not trying..." She asked him outright, pushing the books aside for a moment as she looked into his eyes. Mima-rin wasn't giving him the googly eyed look he was expecting, though. No, her look was a much more inquisitive one. She was curious to know why it was that she was now tutoring her sempai, whom she had always looked up to.

Kaoru was a little taken aback by Mima's question. He thought about saying it was none of her business but he didn't want to be rude and have it go around school that he as a jerk to this girl. "Well....I've just been....preoccupied....with other things." he said, leaving it at that and hoping that she won't push the issue. he really didn't want to go into details on why he was slacking.

Mima sat back slightly, looking Kauro over for a moment. "What could he be hiding...?" She thought to herself, then mentally shrugged off the thought. She figured he had his reasons, after all, he was only human. "Fine, Sempai, we'll leave it at that." She said quietly as she scooted her books back in front of the two of them. She looked at his things, noticing he hadn't brought a notebook. "Here, will be starting with math..." She said as she started to hand him one her's. She noticed she had grabbed the one in which she had scribbled his name and doodled pictures of him all over the inside of the cover. "Oh wait, not that one!" She said rather excitedly as she snatched it back and replaced it with one that didn't have anything written in it. "That was close..." She thought as she breathed a rather relieved sigh.

Kaoru let out a deep sigh of relief that Mima dropped it. He was never one to talk about his problems. He nodded as he took the note book and was about to open in when Mima snatched it back. He can be very oblivious sometimes so he just shrugged it off and took the other one. "Ok cutie" he said, grabbing his pen. "Tutor me." he added with a chuckle. Even though he didn't like girls all over him. He would flirt at times.

Mima blushed lightly from his comment. She had never been the type to swoon over some boy, not even Kauro. She simply cleared her throat slightly and pulled out her textbook. "R-right... Um, let's get started, shall we? She asked as she looked up at him some, the blush on her cheeks still evident. "Is there anything you really just don't understand?" She asked curiously, not completely sure where they should start.

Kaoru chuckled at Mima when she blushed. He loved the shy girls. "hmm....well no, not really" He said, not sure where to begin. He didn't really need tutor since he knew everything already. He was just too busy with other things. He sat there, tapping his pen again on the desk.

"Hmmm.." Mima scratched her head and thought for a moment. She knew from the get go that Kauro really wouldn't need her help. The question now was, what to do. The school had assigned her to him as his tutor, but the was really no put in the two of them just sitting in the library for an hour. A small smile began to form at the left corner of her mouth as an idea began to form in her mind. "Well.." She started, as she began to back her things away. "Since you really don't need my help, I'll make you a deal. I'll bring you extra credit work so you can bring your grades back up, and I can just say we met for tutoring. So long as you sign the check-in forms of course. That way we don't have to just sit doing nothing for an hour for the next couple of weeks. What do ya say?" Mima asked, smirking slightly. She had always been just as clever as she was gifted.

"Hmmm....ok, that sounds like a plan" Kaoru said, happy he doesn't have to sit in the library and be tutored when he doesn't even need it. "Hey, do you think. We can just....I don't know....hang out sometime here in the library? I mean, just to make it look like you are tutoring me" he said.

Mima-rin shrugged at him lightly. "We could me just hang out at my place if you want. It doesn't really matter where we meet, so long as we're meeting." She said, trying to be subtle about inviting him to her place.

Kaoru leaned back on his seat as he thought it over. "hmmm...ok then. Where do you have in mind?" he said as he once again tapped his pen on the table. He always did that when he was nervous or bored. This time, he was nervous.

Mima gave another shrug, looking up at Kauro as he leaned back. "I don't know, anywhere I guess." She started to blushed slightly. "We could go somewhere else now if you want. I'm sure there's something you'd rather do than just sit here..."

Mima-rin tried hard to keep herself from smiling. More than that, she was trying hard not to start bouncing about in her seat. She couldn't believe he had just invited her to his house. It took every ounce of her restraint to keep herself from squealing with joy. She knew she had to keep herself from acting like one his other 'fans', or risk looking completely crazy. "Yeah, I guess that would be fine." She said and shrugged nonchalantly

A small smiled formed on Kaoru's face as he packed his things. "Alright, let's get going." he said. He half expected Mima to act like one of his giddy fan girls when he invited her over but was glad she didn't because he didn't care for that. However, he had to restrain himself from acting like a complete dork as he sat up and waited for Mima to follow.

"R-right..." Mima muttered lightly, she was blushing a bit as she caught his smile. She was even somewhat captivated by it. "Oh wow, he smiled... I can't believe he smiled!! Was he smiling at me??" She thought to herself, her last thought was more wishful thinking than anything else. She stood up slowly, grabbing her knapsack as she tried not to seem too excited.

Kaoru led Mima out of the library. "I live close by so we can walk there" he said as he started walking. "I can't believe it. She's coming to my house. She's going to be there in my house. he thought. He seemed to be in a hurry as he walked down the street. When they arrived he opened the door for Mima as he led her into his small two story house.

Mima followed behind Kauro, walking double time just to keep up with him. She wondered why he seemed to be in such a hurry. She was practically panting by the time they reached his house, taking a minute to catch her breath before she walked around. She looked around for a minute, using a few hand gestures to try and hide the smile plastered across her face from her excitement.

Kaoru seemed to look around for a moment. "Good, he's not home yet" he said mainly to himself. He watched Mima for a moment,still not able to believe that the girl he had a crush on for nearly a year was finally in his house. "Ummm....w-would you....l-like something to drink or something" he said, trying to keep his cool.

"He who? You expecting company?" She asked curiously and rather automatically as she heard him talking to himself. She then blushed and shook her head some, thinking she shouldn't have even asked. "N-nevermind, that was none of my business." She said, scolding herself.

"I'll take a Sprite if you have any, I'm kind of a caffeine addict." She said rather openly. This was also true, Mima-rin drank much more sodas than she should have, though, no one could tell just by judging her complexion. In fact, compared to most girls her age, she had fairly good skin.

"Ok" Kaoru said, ignoring her question as he went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. He got two sprites and went back to Mima, giving her one of the cans and leading her to the living room. "H-Have a seat" he said pointing to the couch then looked at his watch for some reason before sitting down himself.

Back
Top Bottom