Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Welcome to Atlantis Academy! (Lia && Chokuro)

Tomias had been wandering through the courtyard, his arms above his head, stretching, while he walked around and soon perked up when he saw Nikkos outside. He was outside! He grinned happily and walked behind him, peeking over his shoulder and he smiled all the more. "Do you like the book?" he questioned, chuckling softly. He stood behind him to the side, his arms folded over his lower torso as he looked at the male that was sitting in front of him. He was not going to sit. Sitting implied he would be staying longer than the other would like. He just wanted to check up on what he thought of the book then head on his way, or something. Unless he was given an offer to sit and talk with him. He would wait to see before deciding anything else.​

Tomias's presence was known long before the man spoke. Nikkos was adept at knowing his surroundings, and had seen the other coming. The administrator had kept reading, though, not assuming that the other man would stop and speak with him, though he wasn't surprised that he had.

"Very much." It was an understatement, really. Nikkos hadn't been able to put the book down since he first opened it, but since he wasn't one to pour out feelings, Nikkos kept his answer rather short. But when Tomias didn't leave, but instead continued to hover, Nikkos became annoyed. He didn't like people to hover over him, or to watch him specifically. He lifted his eyes to the other man. "Either leave or sit down but hovering over me isn't an option."

Tomias was glad to hear he liked the book. He had not expected him to bow to him for giving him a great book or anything, but he was happy with his answer. Though, his movements were a little delayed. He had intended to just tell him 'oh goodie' then walk off again, but he was too happy to hear the man liked the book to properly move. SO, he wound up hovering for a bit longer, at least until he heard the other speak again. He took in a deep breath and gladly moved to sit beside him on the bench, straddling the thing, one leg on one side, the other on the other, with a good foot between him and the man. Personal bubble. He literally had to keep reminding himself that. "What part are you at?! I'm so curious to know ... I haven't had anyone to talk to about this book yet and well, when I saw the one you were reading the other day, I knew you would at least find it slightly amusing." He laughed lightly, taking in a deep breath and calming himself. He was too much of a spaz. He knew it. His family constantly told him. Well, that and that he was a Momma's boy, but he knew all that already.

Nikkos was glad for the space that the other gave him. Personal space was a bit of a big deal to the administrator, and he wasn't shy about saying so. "Very intriguing. I'm just about half through the last chapter." His response was given without looking up, and without stopping his reading. Multi-tasking was a big part of his childhood, and now his job, and Nikkos was very good at it. "There's too much in the middle. It drags out the tenth and eleventh chapters." The author had gone on for pages describing the ball scene and the guests that had nothing to do with the plot and the costumes. It had bored Nikkos almost to tears as he forced himself through those bits.

Tomias listened to him and then nodded. He did completely agree. "Mm ... I'll admit, I skimmed those bits. I didn't care how tight Miss Juniper's dress was." He rolled his eyes at the thought before he shrugged his shoulders. He lifted his legs, crossing them Indian style on the bench, hands resting upon his knees while his eyes stayed to the other. He was very intriguing. he definitely liked that about him. Maybe it was the fact that he did not know what to properly do to woo him that made Tomias like him even more. He definitely enjoyed a challenge, and well, the other was so lovely. Aesthetically as well as intellectually. Yep. He was enthralled by the other, but he definitely would settle for friend before lover, if even lover at all.​

"I didn't," Nikkos answered absently. It took a minute before he realized how he sounded and the brunette shook his head a little, looking up for the first time. "What I mean, is, I've learned to force through everything because no matter how boring, the author could be a dickhead and make the tightness of Miss Juniper's dress important on the last page." He didn't know what tits popping out of a dress had to do with a murder mystery, but he'd read odder things before.

"You must find me more from this author." It was a request, whether or not it was phrased as such.

Tomias arched a brow, staring at the other and he chuckled softly. So straightforward ... it was refreshing. Yep. He liked him a lot. He laughed softly and soon stopped when he listened to the explination. That did make a lot of sense. He normally did do that, but he just had not cared to while reading this one. It was a definite good book. He knew that much. there were just some parts, even in the greatest novels, where one must skim past the parts initially, just to trudge through, then later he would always go back and read the passage over, to be sure that he did not miss anything and well, there had been the 'oh, I get it now' type moments. He chuckled softly. "Yes. It's because she smothered the guy with her bosom." He teased, not spoiling the ending at all. Oh god he would NEVER do that. He haaated when anyone ever spoiled the ending on him. He would be vile sometimes.

More? He chuckled. "She's addicting." he stated before he thought for a moment and tilted his head from side to side for a short while. "Um ... I have actually the sequel type thing to this one in my room. It has the same main characters and whatnot in it... But if you wish for a copy of your own then the bookstore in town has her and I will gladly go with you, or buy it for you ... Be your little scope of which ones are best." He smiled, turning his eyes back to the other and he was practically glowing. "If you want the other book when you're done, pop by my sleeping quarters when you're done and I'll give it to you ... You won't even have to step foot into my room." He added the last bit, not wanting the other to think he was trying to lure him into bed or anything.​

"Or perhaps he killed himself to save himself some agony," he offered up as a page turned. He'd dated women in the past, but it had never been serious. Somewhere, deep down, Nikkos had always known he was gay. The thought of a woman in any sexual way turned him off completely.

He thought as he read, liking that he had options and was able to choose which he wanted to do. Having control eased Nikkos greatly, and even ebbed away more of the paranoia that still loomed over Tomias. It wasn't that Nikkos liked being paranoid about someone's intentions, he just couldn't help it. But the other giving him the option eased him enough to accept the invitation to the book shop in town.

"Friday afternoon should be free," he offered, though he wasn't so uptight as to choose a different day that suited Tomias better.

Tomias chuckled softly, shaking his head a little. Yea. Women were odd. He dated quite a few in his time, admittedly. He would never deny that he liked both men and women, but he always found himself drawn back toward the men. He was like his father in many ways, he liked men and women as well, but wound up with a woman. Oh, the fun there was when his mother met one of his past lovers. An elf ... Who was actually attempting to court his little sister. Well, that was interesting. She had not believed him at first but e ventually she realized that her husband DID love sex. And now she does not even think twice when her new husband's ex lovers happen to be male. Although, that could be slight conditioning from all her gay children. Only one turned out to be completely straight. Pity too.

"Friday sounds awesome!" He said excitedly, resisting the urge to tackle him with a kiss. He grinned and hopped up from the bench, clapping his hands to his rump and he looked around before gasping. "Oh! I think Rune needs to be tackled." He chuckled a little too darkly for a teacher before he turned to Nikkos, smiling warmly. "See you Friday ... oh wait! THATS TOMORROW!" He gasped, a hand snapping to his lips. "I need an outfit!" With that, he turned on his heel and was running off toward the school. He needed to find Rune! He had the best ideas for clothing. Rune and Relic... The dianmic duo with THE best tastes in fashion. Sure, Relic's was women's fashion, but that was why he was planning to attack Rune. Maybe ask to borrow a suit-- Nevermind. That kid was so small and the suits were fitted for him. God it would be uncomfortable. Mm. Maybe drag them shopping...​

Nikkos was a little put off by the giddiness of the other, but tried to repress that. He just didn't like a lot of energy expelled at him so suddenly, though it was only due to his lack of trust. He was sure that once he was able to trust someone, outbursts like the one Tomias had just had wouldn't bother him a bit. Of course, the problem was going to be actually learning how to trust someone to be close to him again. Nikkos sighed at that fact, cursing his innate reactions to being hurt.

He looked up and nodded. "Yes, tomorrow. After classes. And do not go physically attacking students or else." The administrator felt that he didn't need to actually finish that sentence and instead returned to his book, feeling excitement for something for the first time in a long time. It was nice, and the slight butterfly feeling in the pit of his stomach stayed with him throughout the rest of the night, and the next day as well.

After bombarding poor Rune, Tomias finally had a lovely outfit. He had on some blood red, perfectly formed to his long legs, pants, a black studded belt around his hips while upon his torso was a red long sleeved shirt with a black and gray designed tee shrit over that. He looked casual, yet comfortable, and well, they were only going to a bookstore. He did not get his attire hopes up for anything else, and yes, he had to have help picking out this outfit. He was worse than a girl, almost. He just did not know what to pick out and it took a slap from Relic to get him to stop whining. Somewhere, he had had these clothes and he had no idea how.Either way, he felt he looked lovely and that that was all that mattered to him.

Friday evening could not have come fast enough! Well, the afternoon. Tomias had bothered Relic and tanner about why they were leaving him, getting a shove into a wall from the strong twin and then he set about to sulk the rest of the day, eventually getting far too giddy when he figured the time classified as afternooon. He resisted the urge to run to the other's office, stopping at the door and he knocked upon the door, waiting for the answer of that lovely voice.​

It had been several weeks, if not months, since Nikkos had taken a special interest in his appearance. He was blessed with a wonderful sense of fashion, but just hadn't cared enough as of late to use it. Today... something was different. He was feeling excited for the first time in a long time, even if it was over a silly trip to the book store. He dressed in a nice pair of charcoal slacks, creased perfectly down the front and the back, and a sapphire button-up dress shirt, which was tucked into the slacks. A black belt adorned his waist, the silver buckle shimmering in the yellowed florescent lighting of Atlantis. Nikkos wore a heavy, expensive watch on his wrist-a present from a family member for his college graduation-and black dress shoes. They were going after work, after all, and the only other types of pants he owned were leather. Archer wouldn't be amused...even if Youjin would be.

The day went slowly, much to his dismay, but Nikkos's heart skipped a beat at the knock to his door. He quickly made himself look busy tidying paperwork that was already perfect before giving his usual "come in" in his flat tone. He was still in self defense mode, no matter how many butterflies were dancing in his stomach.

Tomias hummed happily, opening the door with another little knock, looking at the man and he smiled all the more. "It's past four thirty! You're supposed to be done working." He stated, laughing as he walked into the room, his hands linked and resting behind his form. He slowly rocked back and forth on his feet, his eyes staying to the other while he walked toward the desk, stopping a good foot away and his emerald eyes sparkled happily as he looked at the brunette. "You cannot tell me you're not antsy to get another book." He teased and laughed once more. He bounced on his feet al the more and he truly wanted to shop with him. He was going to be so happy being able to drag him out of the school and get him in a different light.​

Nikkos even gave a small chuckle to the comment of being done with work. "I'm never done with work. Or, rather, it is never done with me." He could always find something else to do, whether it be reports or filing or charts or roaming the halls or sitting in on classes... There was always busy work to be done, even if he worked from dawn til dusk.

Tonight, though, he was determined to be done because he was antsy to get something new to read. He finished "putting away" the papers, shut down his computer and finally stood to announce that he was ready to leave. The administrator, though, wasn't sure about being in confined quarters with Tomias. It unsettled his nerves to think about it as a war waged with his brain-the man had done nothing to show that he was even interested in a relationship with him, or anything past a friendship really. There was no reason that a simple twenty minute car ride should ruin the afternoon!

"Ready?"

Tomias grinned. "Yep!" he chimed happily, clapping his hands together excitedly while he began to head to exit, holding the door open for the brunette before he made way out of the room. He pulled out some keys from his pocket, twirling them around his forefinger while he walked to the parking lot. A soft little hum to his lips while he made way toward the silver laborghini that awaited him. He squeaked softly, unlocking the car as he flopped against the door. "Mm .. I love my car." He chimd and then looked up at the other before chuckled. He pressed another button and the doors raised up in a vertical direction. "Shall we?" He said, sliding into the driver's seat and staring up the purring engine, silently waiting for the man the si beside him.​

The car was beautiful, and perhaps if he was in a normal state of mind, the thought of a ride might excite him. But arguing with one self about whether or not you were being duped and would wind up at some sleezy hotel because your heart didn't know any better took all the fun out of it. Nikkos had to take several deep breaths and talk himself into a non-paranoid state in order to slip into the passenger seat, albeit a bit awkwardly. He kept telling himself to relax, even as he sat with his back and neck completely straight and stiff. Nikkos was truly pushing his limits...and all for a book!

As they got onto the road that lead down the mountain, though, Nikkos very slowly began to relax and even leaned his head back against the headrest as Tomias drove. "What titles do you recommend?"

Tomias was already dancing to the music that went through his head. Not even that which was on the radio. And why? The radio was not on at all. He was just happily going down the road, a happy grin to his lips and bobbing his head to the song that chose to travel through his head. It was not until he heard the man beside him that he stopped and turned to look at him, thinking for a while before he turned back and shrugged. "Um ... Ghost in the Closet. Sounds queer but it's ... actually really good. That's my personal favorite of hers. Other mystery ones though ... I'm not sure. I'd have to think more and well, I don't think you want me doing that while driving." he stated, chuckling as he turned to look at the other, poking his tongue out before sliding into a parking spot with ease. Hopping out of the vertically rising door, he waited for the other before he closed and locked the door.

His hands moved behind his back, sliding into his jeans as he sauntered up to the book store, opening th e door for the man.

So long as there was no silence in the car, Nikkos found that he was able to sort-of enjoy the ride into town. It was nice to be able to do such a thing again, and he realized how deeply he'd taken it for granted before. They were at the store much more quickly than he'd thought they would be, but then again he thought that he'd be miserable and that the time would just drag on. Nikkos was pleasantly surprised, even if he found that getting out of the car was more pleasurable for him than actually getting in it.

Thanking Tomias for holding the door, Nikkos slipped into the store and took a minute to look around. He loved being here almost as much as he liked being at Atlantis and the administrator began to walk blindly through the store, eyes only roaming over titles with no real regard to what the books may be about. He'd come back to the ones that looked interesting enough. The floor to ceiling shelves of books were like a cavern, towering over him and making him feel safe. One day, he told himself, he'd spend the entire day just going through the sections meticulously.

"What else do you read?"

Tomias happily skipped into the bookstore, humming softly before he turned to look at the other. He bouncedo n the balls of his feet for a short while and his arms fodled over his lower torso. He headed over to where he was, shrugging as he lifted a hand to tug out a few of the books before sliding them back in. "Mm... all kinds. I'll try anything once. I don't really like horror ... but that's just because I get nightmares." He admitted and then looked at another book. It was true. Sad yet so very. He had no problem telling Nikkos either. Freaky things freaked him out. There was just something about reading the death and killing and whatnot on page or seeing it in movies that gave him nightmares and yes, he tended to wake up screaming like a little girl.

He nodded at the information, not knowing why he was storing it away but doing so anyway. Perhaps it'd be nice to have a book-buddy, someone to talk to about their recent finds and trade novels with. Never had Nikkos had someone like that in his life and the idea intrigued him greatly.

"I like horror, sometimes. Around Halloween, usually." He defined it as the kid in him. Most wanted to dress up or decorate, Nikkos wanted to scare the living shit out of himself for kicks. A title caught his eye more so than usual and the administrator picked the book up and tucked it under his arm to purchase without reading the description of the story. "Romance. I've never liked romance novels." They were never close enough to real life to even fantasize about so what was the point?

Tomias nodded in agreement, silently following the other while he thought. "I agree on the Romance bit. I never got the stories. So cliche and you always know what's going to happen. I much prefer guessing what may happen then getting it wrong for the better." He shrugged and then walked toward him before he wound up leaning up with a little squeak of excitement. Brushing against the other's back as he took down a book from one of the higher up shelves. Grinning, he resettled to his feet and hooked his arms around the other's form, presenting the book to him. "You definitely have to read this one." He stated, his head beside Nikkos' and his eyes turned to look at the other. Yep. He was definitely cozy with this man. Good for TOmias, more than likely bad for Nikkos.​

Nikkos tensed at the brush against him and sighed in relief a bit when the contact was over. Tomias was still dangerously close and much too far inside his bubble, but he'd rather deal with that than touching. Of course, he had no choice when an arm was hooked around him.

The administrator's stomach dropped out from under him and clenched down tightly all at once. His jaw clenched, his muscles seized up and the brunette immediately began to break out into a sweat. In short: he panicked.

Why was Tomias touching him? What made him think he had the right to? What did he want? What was he after? The shaking started with light tremors at first, and progressively got worse the longer the other man held onto him.

Tomias easily noticed the change in behavior of the man. He stared at him for a while before rolling his eyes. Straightening up, he took the book and whacked the male on the head. Not enough for a bump, just enough for a twinge of pain. "Chill. Your ass is safe." He stated before placing the book in his hands. "You'll like that one." He did not want to have the man tweak out on him like he was. That was not the point of this little field trip. He had wanted to just have some fun and buy some books, and of course, get to know him better. Nikkos was a cutie. He was such a stick in the mud that he just wanted to have fun with him. Show him how to loosen up his tie! Not his buttons ... Just the tie.​

A flood of emotions rushed through Nikkos when he was let go of. Relief. Stupidity. Embarrassment. Disappointment.

"It's not that," he muttered, taking the book and continuing to move through the store. He didn't think that Tomias would attempt to force him into anything, but that he would try to earn his trust and then take advantage of that trust, and therefore hurt him.

Gazing through the titles once more, Nikkos started to ramble.

"I simply don't trust your intentions. I don't trust anyone's intentions, really. Personal space isn't an option with me. I happen to like being in a bubble that no one penetrates."

Tomias listened to the other before he sighed heavily. Stopping, he turned on a heel to look over at the other. A hand to his hip as he looked down at the male before him. "How about this. I'll let you in on my intentions and as to why I refuse to give up on you." he began, just wanting to get it out of the way. Hey. If it made him feel more comfortable around him and less of a spazzy ball of nerves that may burst at any moment, he would do it. "I wish to befriend you. I want you to stop being so stuffy and actually try and have a bit of fun. I will admit to wanting more than friendship. I never have denied that aspect ... I just do not see that as my main motive. If it happens, awesome, if not, well then I found myself a new book club partner ... Or something." He shrugged and then thought for a bit. Was that pretty much all he had to say? wanted friendship, romance would be good but not a necessity... He bobbed his head back and forth before looking down at the man. "Any questions?"​

Back
Top Bottom