Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fighting on the Eastern Front ((Me and Anansi))

She watched as he fired off another two rounds. She had to admit, she wondered why he wasn't sniping himself. She looked around the trees and sighed to her self before she looked down for a moment just thinking to her self before she looked back at him and sat down. She looked at the sky. "Winter will be here soon..."

"Doesn't matter, where we are winter isn't much colder than summer." He said as he fired off another round before sitting back and beginning to adjust the sight. "In any case I'm sure we can both find someone or other to keep us warm."

Leila heard him speak and it was her turn to grin. "By the sounds of things, you already found someone" she said. She watched as he played with the sight on the rifle.

"Her? Nah, she's got a boyfriend, when they get married next week that will probably stop." He said slowly before he turned once more and fired a shot at the tree again. "Actually might stop this week so she can tighten up again."

Senka scoffed and just shook her head. "Jesus, you could have found a girl that wasn't engaged of all things to have your fun with" she said. She sighed and said "Well...if she comes back in tears I suppose you'll know another man will be after your head",

He shrugged as she scoffed. "Or I could have just stopped it when she told me, which was while we were having sex about an hour ago." He said while lining up another shot. "I don't particularly care, if he comes after me, so be it, I'll explain it to him, if he tries to continue, well I will deal with it."

"I wonder how he'll take it". She then began to imitate a mans voice "Hey Sergey, I heard you fucked my fionse, tell me, did you give her a good first time, thanks for getting her warm for me". She stopped and sighed and sarcastically said "They're gonna have a long marriage aren't they". She looked down for a moment and paused before she said "How can you be so carefree?"

He laughed softly before he stroked his fingers along his rifle then fired another shot. "I wasn't the first, just the best." He said wit ha snicker as he fired another. "I don't let life get to me, I live how I wish to live, go forward and enjoy it all." He said slowly before he stretched picking up the rifle then switching to the last he had.

Senka looked at him when he said he was the best. She only scoffed again and said" whatever you say". She heard what he said next and just sighed and said "I see..."

"Yup, my dad was a sniper, my granddad a sniper, I'm a sniper, I'm just on punishment of sorts." He said slowly while he took aim. "You get things on your mind, ruins your aim, its why I have so many kills, I try to be more relaxed than the other guy." He said with a soft laugh.

Senka looked at him and looked down for a moment and said "I guess it's pretty simple really". She sighed a little to herself and looked down. He made it sound so easy. She had shut out all emotion and now she was just a hollow shell. She looked back at him and she seemed a little sad. "I suppose it is easy for you...to enjoy yourself.."

"I gotta, in the words of my Babushka, you focus on life's problems or you shut out your feelings, you go crazy, you cry, or you begin to die inside." He said as he aimed the rifle to the right and shot a tree further away. "We are soldiers, give us a fancy title, sniper, general, commander. Doesn't matter, we might die at any moment, so do what you want today."

Senka looked down for a moment. She knew that lesson oh to well. He didn't have to tell her, she already knew. She sighed and said "I suppose so...". She sighed a little and began to stand up. "I'm going to head back...I'll see you later" she said quietly and turned to leave. The talk with him and had brought up a few bad memories. Things that she assumed he would not care to hear from her. Besides, she was never one to overload other people with her own problems. It was becouse of this she had probably become so closed. She never talked about her life before the army.

He fired off a few rounds with the rest of his rifles and once he finished calibrating them he stood and slowly bundled them into cloth. Making his way back to camp he placed them in a large locker in his quarters that had two more rifles in it. Slowly he smirked and then locked it. Making his way out of his room he yawned. He liked being a technically high up member, he got his own room, privacy and a few other joys, yet he didn't particularly feel the need to savor it or let on to anyone about it. Walking slowly out he pondered on what to do.

Senka sighed and headed back to her room. She took off her coat and layed back on the bed. Reaching into her shit and pulled out her ring once more and looked at it. She looked sad when she did, but it always gave her comfort to hold it. She looked up at the ceiling and sighed. The colonel had given them some break time, she wondered how she would spend it. There wasn't much to do around here.

He made his way down to a nearby lake and decided to enjoy the serene beauty of the place for a bit. Standing on the shore he looked out onto the expanse before himself. It was one of those times of year where the edges were beginning to frost over, the trees hung low over the lake, leaves scattered along its surface. His eyes scanned the surface and he sighed before placing his hands behind his head pondering on what he would do after the war.

Senka sighed to her self and sat up on her bed. She decided she would go eat her dinner, Talk with Aleksandra a little before she went to bed. She put her coat back on and walked into the mess hall and picked up her tray. Walking to the front she received her dinner and sat with Aleksandra and they chatted for a little while for a few things.

(What was your idea?)

He eventually made his way back up to the camp and stripped down once he reached his quarters. Sighing he began to do push ups before he sat up and then began to stretch instead.

After dinner senka returned to her quarter and got into bed and fell asleep. She wondered what the next day would bring.

He eventually got up the next morning stretching slowly before he ran his fingers through his hair and headed off to the showers in just a towel.

Senka awoke the next morning she got dressed. She walked into the mess hall and sat down for her breakfast. The mailman had arrived today. Senka didn't bother getting up to see if she had anything, it was only rarely her mother wrote to her and when she did, she would write back, but that was about it. About and hour later, the mail man approached her with a yellow envelope. He bowed his head and said "I'm sorry" before walking away

Senka took the envelope, curious she said down on the bench and opened it. She read the first few sentences before she stopped. She didn't know if she was shocked or depressed. She walked out of the mess hall and outside. She sat on one of the benches and looked down at the floor. Her mother had died in her sleep about a week ago.

Senka had just lost the only family she had left. She didn't know if she should cry or be angry. She hugged her self and some tears began to from in her eyes. She was an orphan now....

He walked into the hall, one of the few times he would during the week with just pants and his boots on. his shirt was wadded and in his rear pocket and obviously soaked in blood. He dragged behind him large cut up shanks of meat, it had obviously recently been skinned. Walking up to the counter he spoke to the cook a bit before gesturing to the meat. The cook nodded and sent out several men to take it from him before handing him a wad of bills. Smiling to himself he began to walk towards the door and stopped.

His eyes ran over her and he sighed knowing better than to get involved but figuring it couldn't hurt. Slipping over to her he sat next to her his bloodied hands being wiped onto his pants as he did so. "Hello there." He said. "So bad news from home eh?" He started.

Senka watched as he walked over. She felt him sit down next to her and she said nothing till be greeted her. She replied quietly "Yeah...my mother died...it says in her sleep so there was no pain...I'm an Orphan now...i have no family left" she said quietly. She looked down and said "I don't know what to do..."

Putting his arm around her he gently patted her shoulder. "Come with me to my quarters, we can talk about this there." He said to her slowly. "I'll make you some dinner, some good dinner, not this rubbish."

She looked at him and said "Okay". She stood up and began to walk with him slowly back to his own quarters. She held the envelope in her hand as they did, but she wished the thing has never been made and that her mother was still alive.

Back
Top Bottom