Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fighting on the Eastern Front ((Me and Anansi))

At the armory Senka picked up her rifle and some ammunition before she headed back to where he was. She sat down, a little away from him and thought about a few things to her self. Their transport would be here soon.

He simply sat there looking off into the distance without a word or a movement. Briefly he thought of reading the file but it was pointless, nothing they would be doing today would be worth his time.

Soon a truck rumbled up to the gate. Senka stood up and said "Lets go" and began to walk over to the back of the truck. She hopped up inside and sat down. Once he also got inside she said "Wear ready" to the driver. The engine started and then bega to rumble along down the road as they were driven to the drop off point.

He pulled down his cap over his eyes as he leaned back. They would be there in a number of hours, laying down he closed his eyes placing his pack behind his head with a snicker. He was soon asleep the rumble and rocking of the truck more comforting than his own bed.

Senka looked at him and sighed to her self, waiting for the truck to drop them off. After about 4 hours the truck rumbled to a stop and the driver said "This is it". She stood up and said "Thanks" to the driver before beginging to make her way off the back of the truck.

He sat up rolling forward in a single motion his foot touching the back of the truck as he pushed off and dismounted in an easy movement. He tossed the driver a few ration coupons he had and stood a few feet from her slipping his cap up onto his head.

Senka looked back at him as he got out of the truck. She looked forward and with her rifle in hand she began to walk into the forest and through it to the point where they had to wait for their target.

He laughed softly as he walked towards the forest. They were at least twelve hours ahead of the target, he made his way along slowly making his way in a slight zigzag before he stopped his eyes taking in the surrounding area.

Leila looked around the forest, looking around. They needed to find a place to hide. Perhaps up on that ridge, that would give them a good view. "Lets go up there" she said pointing and begining to make her way over to it. They were in a mountainous area, which wasn't too bad, made it easier to find placed to hide.

"Why? It gives us cover but not cover to shoot from, plus the acoustics would give them an immediate lock on our position due to the structure. I'd say you go over there." He said indicating a wooded area to the right somewhat.

Senka looked a him as he spoke. She thought it over for a moment and nodded. He was right. She began to head over to the area he had indicated.

He walked quickly while snatching up bits of brush and such while he moved, pulling out his gilly suit he began to weave branches and twigs and the like into it for effect. He eventually settled down and began to dig his slight trench.

Senka was doing the same as him, grabbing twigs and bits of bush on the way to add camouflage. Once they were in position she lay down on the ground next to him, getting settled. Now the wait began.

He laid on his stomach and eventually closed one of his eyes. Slowly he occasionally raised his monocular to it to look off into the distance before he lowered it again.

Senka continued to watch occasionally looking through her scope. Hours later, the rumble of cars could be heard from the distance. they were pretty far way from the road. "He's here" she muttered, looking through her scope.

"I guess so." He said as he looked through the monocular." He's in the middle of the convoy, passenger seat. So, we are to wait, make it clean and quick." He said to her.

Senka nodded and said "Right". She watched through the scope of the rifle. A second car approached and they began to get out of swap cars. This would be her only chance. She watched as he got out of the car and began to walk to the new one. He paused for a moment to look, That was the moment. She held her breath and pulled back the trigger, the bullet flying through the air, some 150 meters or so and plunged into his skull ending his life. She got up and said "Lets get out of here" she said putting her rifle on er back and getting up.

Kicking out her leg he pulled her to the ground. "What are you a fucking newbie? You want to get us shot? Yes, you just killed one of them and you want them to know our exact position when you fucking get up?" He hissed at her as the hillside not too far away from them was peppered with gunfire. "Shit someone has seen us." He said to her slowly. "But they don't know where we are...don't move...when I move, then we go, you crawl, on your fucking stomach and so help me god if you get up I will kill you myself."

Senka felt his leg kick her feet out from under her. "What are you doing" she hissed at him. "They carn't see us, there's a fucking forest infront of us, they carn't see us" she said frowning. The stupid idiot, if they ha seen them at all, it would have been when he made her fall. She frowned at him and looked through the scope again, looking at the frantic soldiers.

"That isn't some lush green forest and you think they can't see movement?" He hissed at her as he began to crawl slowly along his belly ignoring the soldiers now creeping towards them. "You never stand after a kill, thats announcing your position, forest or not, what did you just get out of the academy? Must have been or else someone would have put a bullet between your eyes by now."

Senka frowned at him. "I did not just get out of the academy" she hissed. She frowned and began to crawl on her her stomach after him, looking around for enemies as they moved slowly.

"You act like it, about to get us shot with your sloppy performance." He said as he continued to crawl before he stopped. "Stop here." He said curtly as the men headed closer to them towards the woods. "Don't move, if you do, I'll shoot you myself, don't move, don't shoot anyone, don't even speak or breath heavily." He said slowly.

Senka glared at him from behind but she kept quite. As much as she was not liking being bossed around by him at the moment, she knew they had to stop fighting and keep quite. She said nothing more as they waited and she took shallow breaths as they waited.

Men passed over them quickly before heading deeper into the woods and he began to crawl again resisting the urge to swear. He couldn't believe she'd do such an amateur stunt like standing.

Senka frowned looking around as they continued to crawl along the ground. She kept her wits about her as they did.

Back
Top Bottom