Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Life, or Something L„’ike It; Midori's Chronicle

Midori

Super-Earth
Music: Defying Gravity
R„›eading: The Historian
L„’ast Update: Wednesday, July 14, 2010​

Welcome to my journal/announcement/update thread. here I will post my comings and goings, my absences, my reasons for not posting, and other random tidbits. I will probably post rants and updates on what's happening on the outside and how its affecting my posting.

About: I'm Nic, and I am female. I am in my early twenties, and though I maybe slightly new to these forums I am not new to roleplaying. I've actually been roleplaying for about ten years, and doing more erotic writing for five years. I love to write, and if I'm feeling inspired I can spend hours with my iPod playing while I just write and write. I am currently working on a novel. I guess I will let you know that I am Southern, which means I have a Southern accent that sometimes borders on Gone with the Wind strong. I am not very girly, though I can play a girly girl, and I have some fairly girly characters. I am a music addict, and I can be sarcastic and blunt.

Re: ℒife, or ₰omething ℒike ℐt; Midori's Chronicle

I really like this, you should continue with it. <3

Date: Saturday, June 26, 2010
Subject: Random Fandom​

• Bam, first update bitches!

To begin, a response to xWickedBlackLace: I love the novel, and I've read it twice. But it's so good that I can't help but read it again. I have to say, the book is really rich with detail and suspense, which is part of why I love it. It's an incredible read.

Alright so I hate writer's block (don't we all) and lately I've been suffering from it a lot. I've tried everything from free writing to not thinking about the topic, and nothing is working. Nic is not a happy Southern woman, especially since the novel has suddenly stopped with the main character five miles from her hometown staring at a sign. It is not cool. But I will survive (cue bad ass inspirational music.) Maybe I just need to turn up some music and bang away at the keys.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Date: Monday, June 28, 2010
Subject: BLOCKED and Other Such Things​

• I'd like to apologize to those of you who are in roleplays with me that I have yet to respond to. It seems my muse is being selective, and she has been granting me inspiration for some roleplays and writer's block for the others. If I have not responded to our roleplay it is not because I have forgotten or am no longer interested, it is simply because I am at a loss as to what to write. I will eventually get to our roleplay when the writer's block has passed.

Also, if you have PMed me and I have not responded, I am sorry. I may have deleted it by accident or it may have gotten lost in the shuffle My inbox is rather crowded and I am trying to keep it cleaned out so that I can keep up with replies. . If you were trying to request a roleplay, feel free to post in my request thread because I check there frequently. If it was a roleplay, feel free to resend the last reply. Roleplays getting lost is part of why I prefer threads, to be quite honest.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Date: Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subject: Clean Up and To Do List​

• I have a ton of roleplays going at the moment, and some of them are just not doing it for me do to lack of inspiration or other things. I like roleplays that keep my interest, and so if a roleplay is not holding my interest its going to get cut eventually. So I'm going to do a quick list of roleplays I will continue to post in and their status. I am not going to put any open roleplays on the list because they are not huge plot driven roleplays. Assume that I am still interested unless I tell you otherwise.

❥Healing Wounds Is Not So Simple (Killdozer)- REPLIED
                      ❥Daddy's New Toy (Ryanmo97)- REPLIED
                      ❥How Can We Be Lovers (Zizee)- REPLIED
                      ❥Lead Me Not Into Temptation (seduced2cheat)- REPLIED
                      ❥Twin Lessons (Divide[by]Zero)- working on reply
                      ❥Double the Pleasure, Double the Fun (Kolath)- working on reply
                      ❥One-Two-Three Night Stand (Seythe)- REPLIED
                      ❥No Response (Brokenknight)- REPLIED
                      ❥Do You Like Your Job (perk dazzle)- REPLIED
                      ❥To Heal All Wounds (ra1020)- REPLIED
                      ❥Revenge Tastes Like Magic(Gashnaw)- REPLIED
                      ❥Unnamed PM Roleplay (Yossarian)- REPLIED

If our roleplay didn't make the list please don't take offense. You are more than welcome to request a new one or ask if I will restart one with you. If you had a PM roleplay with me and it's not on the list, let me know because I may have just lost it. You will probably notice that my posts are going to be a bit longer because detail keeps me interested in a roleplay. If it gets too hard for me to come up with more than a one liner every post, I'm probably going to end up dropping it.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

what music do you enjoy, Nic? When you mentioned music-addicts, there is simply no greater than I. :D Who are your favorites? I just love contemporary/avant garde/experimental music in addition to straight indy rock, hip hop, electronic music, and metal. xD

I enjoy an eclectic variety of music, including country, classic rock, and some show tunes. At the moment I'm binging on Flogging Molly and country music, which is an odd combination.

odd indeed! Flogging Molly is not one of my favorites...something about those rowdy punks unsettles me. But, somehow, the connection to them and country music does make sense to me :)
what are some of your all-time favorites?

Date: Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subject: BLAH BLAH BLAH​

• So this weekend I went on a Harry Potter Bender, and watched all the movies, except the sixth one, because they were showing them and Deathly Hallows previews on ABC Family, a channel that is for the most part the bane of my existence because it is full of what I'd like to call "Teenybopper dramafests" that are nothing more than soap operas for adolescents. I will not rant about that today because it would take hours and hours. Anyway, I should not watch the movies because I find myself picking them apart because they are missing a lot of key events; yes, I am twenty-two years old and I critique Harry Potter movies. The reason for this is that I was a Harry Potter nerd before it was cool to be a Harry Potter nerd. Huge fan who find the movies to be disappointing in many aspects, yes that's me. I own all the movies on DVD, for the sake of having them, and I have read the books more times than I can count; because I am a Harry Potter addict, I am looking forward to the new movie, which comes out in November, and then I will eagerly await the second half that comes out next year. If only so that I can pick it apart and throw things. Now that I have had my random rant on HP, I can move on.

If I have not replied to our roleplay, I apologize. I think it may be time for me to do another round of cuts (sorry, I hate to do it, but if I can't come up with anything, I don't want to give my partner a lack luster post). I find that I am craving more intricate and detailed roleplays lately, with more plot than just some random smut. (Don't get me wrong, I love some smut) Most of what I'm in has a plot of some kind, in fact all my roleplays have a base plot, but if we really want to keep it going a good plot is a bonus. My partners may notice that I am a kind of give what I get poster, meaning that the more you give me to work with the more I can give you in return. I rarely stay interested in a boring "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" roleplay that consists of "he pushed in and pounded away" and that's it. Maybe its because I wouldn't enjoy that in real life, and I try to keep my characters fairly realistic. I think most people would get bored with that sort of thing. My posts are becoming more and more detailed, mainly because I am a detail person, and so you may notice them growing longer.If it gets too hard for me to come up with more than a one liner every post, I'm probably going to end up dropping it. [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

RE: ℒife, or ₰omething ℒike ℐt; Midori's Chronicle

Date: Thursday, August 5, 2010
Subject: Bam, new forums​

So I apologize for my gigantic posts all around the site. New forums mean all my posts are now insanely huge where they used to be small neat and tidy. I'd go back through and edit all my posts, but damn that's a lot of editing. I did shrink my signature,and I edited my request thread. I'm getting to replying to all the roleplays I'm in, so don't worry about me dropping anything just yet. I'm also clearing out my PMs, so if I accidentally delete our roleplay, I will probably not get back to you and reply. Please allow me at least two days to get back to you before you PM me asking though because I've been very busy with real life lately and so it may take me a while to get caught up.

Date: Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subject: Apologies and What Not​

I know that I have been absent/inactive lately, and I'm sorry about that. Between job hunting and recent storms screwing up my internet, it's been a little difficult to have time post in roleplays, much less come up with decent responses. I am working on replies to all of the roleplays I'm in right now, but it's going to take time because I don't want to give people lack luster responses.

Back
Top Bottom