Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

White Wolfers unite!

The Broken Lunatic

Super-Earth
How many of you are familiar with White Wolf?

World of Darkness?

Vampire: The Masquerade?
Werewolf: Apocalypse?
Mage: The Ascension?
Hengeyokai: Eastern Changing Breeds?
Changeling: The Dreaming?

If you are familiar with any games under the White Wolf name, please post here and make yourself known. Also, include whatever games you are experienced with.

And, if you know anyone who is familiar with WoD, recruit them.​

I think this one died out because we couldn't decide on venue, we didn't decide on what we were going to play, everyone wanted a different thing, and it just went on for so long. The majority I could see were interested in Vampire. We should have stuck solely with Vampire then and seen how that played out before entertaining other ideas. That's my thought at least. I'm not sure what killed it.

And I'm more worried MY schedule will kill the game, not other people. And I am sure most people won't want to take a four month break and then jump back in. I'll probably air out my ideas later today. I am going to wait to see if people are interested first and then wait for Scroll of Heroes to come out before making anything final. Sadly, it's still tentative, but I know venue off the bat and we'd have to choose a day of the week (or every two weeks, whatever) and I have one good scenario going strong in my mind at the moment.

But yeah, tentative. I'd love to get it off the ground but am not sure. Here's to hoping.

I don't know about you guys, but I've got a life outside of this site. Putting guttering on the roof, continuing the wrap around deck, pruning plants, firewood, etc. PLUS going to work on the weekends. Needless to say, I have a busy schedule and I'm sure other people do as well which is a possible cause for the seeming hiatus. Also, I don't come to this site unless I get an e-mail stating a reply in forums or a PM reply and when I do, I barely have time to check it out. Now if it were late Fall/Early Winter, then I'd have gobs of time to spend.

Patience is a virtue and sometimes a break from brainstorming can later spark something abnormally fantastic. That and if you want a good and sturdy RP, you've got to take time to go back over and fine tune it. However, if you do not wish to participate and include everyone else's opinions, then go for what you had, Misa. But do me a favor, quit acting like no one noticed your plot idea. I read it, I liked it, I even commented on how I liked it, receiving no acknowledgment from you. So, from that, I went on to other things that interested me.

Kyou, welcome back. I care. Your humor and personality are fine.

Now, how about we stop referring to this thing in past tense? You make it sound like it's been dead and gone for years when it's only been 11 days. The more you voice ( er....write... ) your opinions and point out the flaws in the brainstorming, the more it's likely to attract the others. You've brought me out of hiding. Or do I not measure up to your standards?

" If at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' til you do succeed. "

EDIT - Taking Misa's subject matter on where said RP will occur, I think I'd prefer forums. At least then it would be there for reference whereas in chat you wouldn't have that luxury. Plus I sometimes like to read/write extensive paragraphs. Chat isn't the most ideal place for it.​

Hey, look, really, I do not care my idea wasn't taken. It was a long shot. I just have no interest in playing war of the species or a big gathering of all the races. Would you have been interested if the game that seemed to be chosen was, say, Mummy: The Resurrection set in a Camrilla run Egypt? Honestly, if that is what people want to play I have no hard feelings over it, and it spares me the worry about being a Storyteller.

It just seems like nothing is going on at the moment. Or that the board was somewhat dropped since before it was getting a reply at least once a day, if not more. Mr. Master seemed to be checking in every day to see if people were still on board before. Maybe he grabbed a few of the guys and started, I don't know. But he seems to be a very capable guy. If he was ever to run a Technocracy game I think I would be all over that.

If I was really attached to my idea, I would have offered it up in the white wolf forums, so please don't make me out as some butt hurt little whiner. I admit I was disappointed about it, but I took that disappointment, chopped it up, built a bridge, AND GOT OVER IT. It is a game, nothing more.

Now, it seems very few people have even offered up character ideas for what they'd be wanting to play either. Eurotrash prince did, and that is great. I think if this was to get off the ground easier a set venue should be worked out, a dice roller system decided (or a narration style set), and the character you would like to run. It would probably be best to offer up a small selection of a few characters, very basic stuff, and allow the storyteller to see which concept would fit best.

Okay, Misa and Broken, no need to PvP here.

And as for chara ideas, I have been listing my chara(s) in a general aspect because we didn't have a set in stone idea.

I agree with Misa (if I am getting your words right that is), we should pick a certain race, maybe two, and have the RP based on them instead of discussing every single White Wolf RPG. We should also discuss a time era, Medieval, Old Western, Victorian, and the area as well.

As for my opinion, I wouldn't mind a Vampire Changing Breed/Werewolf RP, but that is only my opinion. As soon as we get which 'races' we want in this lets discuss characters and everything else instead of throwing random plots, different characters, and making a load of chaos.

(I was not trying to argue I was just trying to get things back to track... :? )

Well, see, thing is, no reason you couldn't run that game, Misanthopic. That would be your specific universe, and once we get some WW players who are ready to roll, kick right in. If you're ready to hit it, then recruit and hit it. Nothing's stopping you, if you can get the players together and settle on a system.

What I was suggesting was some way to do a "Switzerland" that worked for every species anybody had an interest in, and didn't rely on any one species to make it work. Matter of fact, I'll go ahead and set that up, write up the background, etc. It'll be mainline WoD, and other GMs can use it as a background to their own games, or use it as an open RP area, or ignore it in favor of their own campaign setting or their own version of "Switzerland" or whatever. There's no reason we can't have multiple versions, and let the market decide what works and what doesn't.

Seriously, it's not a big deal. I think players are still warming up to what games are available, and we still need to think about a good quick mechanic we can use. It's also the height of summer, and there's things like family vacations and summer jobs and all kinds of other stuff. I wouldn't worry about it, honestly. Things will pick up shortly.

Mr Master said:
Well, see, thing is, no reason you couldn't run that game, Misanthopic. That would be your specific universe, and once we get some WW players who are ready to roll, kick right in. If you're ready to hit it, then recruit and hit it. Nothing's stopping you, if you can get the players together and settle on a system.

What I was suggesting was some way to do a "Switzerland" that worked for every species anybody had an interest in, and didn't rely on any one species to make it work. Matter of fact, I'll go ahead and set that up, write up the background, etc. It'll be mainline WoD, and other GMs can use it as a background to their own games, or use it as an open RP area, or ignore it in favor of their own campaign setting or their own version of "Switzerland" or whatever. There's no reason we can't have multiple versions, and let the market decide what works and what doesn't.

Seriously, it's not a big deal. I think players are still warming up to what games are available, and we still need to think about a good quick mechanic we can use. It's also the height of summer, and there's things like family vacations and summer jobs and all kinds of other stuff. I wouldn't worry about it, honestly. Things will pick up shortly.
Go ahead and send me a link if you start it up,
I'll try it out ^,.,^

And I'm here too.

Uh... I'm tired of waiting here for everything to get decided. I realise we need to plan this out, but I've seen that same post describing what we need six times. It's getting ridiculous.

Then again, I have no power here. Misa, if you want to run a game, decide how your world works and run it!

While this is(n't) going on, we need to look at who is going to be running the games, and I believe they should be adept enough to answer or make a thread to have the questions answered.

These are my thoughts.

I.....

I don't even want to play anymore... No, I'm not fuckin' kidding. At least I fuckin' said something when I didn't say anything...

I love you all, or most of you at least, PM me if you want anything, goodnight.

Wow, this thread's still going. I'd still be interested, if anything starts up, and double interested if someone wanted to try getting a game together over IMs. I've played in a few Chronicles with online sessions that turned out well...

Well, I'm still up for it so I suppose I'll come up with something.
I'll need some STs though, mind you it will take me a while to get to writing things out...I work tonight and tomorrow I have to help paint a room with oil-based primer.
@ . @
Strong stuff.​

I could do a Story, but it would be kind of not base-line WoD, new or old.

As I said before, my stories take place on my own worlds with my own BGs for the 'races'
But mechanics work all the same, such as rolling Gnosis to shapeshift or what not.

You don't roll Gnosis to shapeshift. You roll Stamina and Primal Urge, or you spend rage to do it automatically.

Yeah, you're right,
Messed up, I mixed Sidestepping with Shapeshifting
Sorry, lol

Been a while since I done a OWoD...

Hehe... Another noobie to Blue Moon who happens to be a huge pen and paper RPG fan. =D I love my DnD, Star Wars and everything else as much as the next guy. But honestly? I would literally kill/worship/kill for and then worship someone who could give me a solo Exalted game... It's impossible to find one as it is, let alone one with decently roleplayed/included sextions of Creation's damned hot and varied take on sexuality. I'm open to other games like Scion, and possibly some o/nWoD, but... yeah... would kill for some Exalted/DnD =D -Offers cuddly?-

Alright. I went ahead and read through all of the posts. Now I wanted to say that I do have some form of experience with VtM and I am willing to help you out if you like. I could help with running a game. I'd love to do one myself. I am thinking of a plot to hand over to all of you and get an opinion. I will have to do it a bit later because I am going with my best friend to a wedding.

I will get the plot posted tonight. If that is ok. I have my friend Era who would help me with GMing and we can brainstorm on the way to the wedding.

I have my rough for it at least.

I am choosing a popular Camarilla controlled city. People may not like them but it is better to do it this way. The Sabbat will have medium role in all of this. The main concern will be focused on the Independant Clans. In the City of New Oreleans, things tend to be off in the happy little town. It's Prince is a Malkavian who seems to have passed into the madness network far too many times than is safe. The Prince's tattered and dusty suit gives off the aura of carelessness but his voice and commanding appearance say otherwise. The Camarilla seemed to have a firm hold on the city for quite a few years before Katrina. After the disaster, the Sabbat began to challenge them for who really ruled the city. As the years dragged on, we find ourselves in the year 2009, The Sabbat and the Camarilla are still locked in a heated stand-still. Unfortunately, they are so busy fighting, they hardly noticed when a few "undesireables" passed into the city limits. Twenty Three Kindred of the Independant clans had crossed into New Orleans without notice and seemingly with no motive. One by one, elders began suffering the final death, The Sabbat blamed the Camarilla and the same was done to them, leaving the prince in a rather uncomfortable position. He had a choice, fight off the Sabbat and risk losing his own un-life or find the source of the new pain in his side.

As the Prince is having his own internal struggle with his "better half", the claimed Arch-Bishop of New Orleans was working her own plans. The Camarilla was being attacked but so was she. In order to maintain her troops, she ordered three packs under her leadership to go out and recover more recruits. Once her packs returned, she gave the young fledglings an chance, Find out what the Camarilla was doing about the new threat and take out as many of them as they could to give the intruders an open playing field, and they may just earn their creation rites.

You can pick one of two sides.
Sabbat- Lasombra, Tzimisci
Camarilla- Gangrel, Brujah, Tremere, Toreador, Ventrue, Malkavian, Nosferatu

Pick wisely. I would like the different sects to have equal people.

I will be doing dice rolls for you and it will make it easy. I have a Gaia thread made for it. (Don't worry, you don't have to be a member of Gaia to view it!) It has a random dice gen so I can easily make the dice rools for you and it will make everything easy.

And I'm assuming the fledglings are the players, correct?
I'm just trying to decide which character to bring in based on this plot.​

Back
Top Bottom